@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I guess planning out chapters gives me a to-do list and a word count goal. I find that it’s easier to do things with a checklist, and it makes me more motivated every time I finish a scene.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Yes, having a detailed outline can give you a sense of security while writing. You don’t have to worry about having as many plot holes or getting stuck in the middle of writing.
Ooooh, your fantasy trilogy sound really interesting! What’s the premise, and how far are you into writing it? Is it going smoothly or are you pulling your…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
I’m a plantser—right in between potter and pantser.  I guess I lean a little more toward plotter, though.
i plan the characters, basic plot and several scenes, then I write. 😊
-
Lin replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I’ve got such a rigid writing schedule for myself that I don’t actually have the time or brain cells to sit down and map out every single specific thing. So I don’t really call myself a plotter.
I have a very specific ritual when starting a new work: I open the notebook, leave the first sheet blank, and then on the second page I…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Are you an outliner or a pantser? How much do you plan before you write the first draft?
I used to be a very tedious outliner. Mapping out each of the plot points, then deciding on every scene in the novel, and exactly how it was going to go.But as you may have noticed, I said used. The problem that I would run into with detailed outlines, was t…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic A Question to Pick Your Minds in the forum Characters 6 years ago
I whole-heartedly agree. You know when an author is good when each of their characters have a voice of their own and don’t all feel like the same person. And yeah, research plays a big part in this. Fortunately for me, I really enjoy studying and researching people and their psychology. When I was seven, my sister and I would interview kids…[Read more]
-
ella changed their profile picture 6 years ago
-
ella's profile was updated 6 years ago
-
Kathleen replied to the topic A Question to Pick Your Minds in the forum Characters 6 years ago
I’m a bit late to this, but better late than never!
To me, interesting characters are characters that can not be accurately described in a single sentence. For instance a character who is NOT interesting could be easily described as, the funny guy, the serious general, the happy-go-lucky girl, the mean stepmother, etc.
A interesting character…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Praying for California in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
Thanks for posting this! California definitely needs our prayers. Wild fires are relentless, and need as many prayers as possible. Hope everyone from California is staying safe!
-
Lin's profile was updated 6 years ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm I know, right? Big Hero 6 is one of my favorite movies.
And yeah, Mustang definitely should have given her all those flowers. XD I wonder what he did with them afterwards…?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
Baymax! I’m so happy somebody had him as one of their answers. I’m not sure why so many people dislike Big Hero 6, but that movie has a special place in my heart. It cheers me up every time I watch it.
Oh, and Hawkeye is another good answer. I really wished she was in the show more. And Mustang really should have given…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@kathleenramm Um. *instantly forgets every single book I’ve ever read about*. Sidekicks generally exist in adventure stories or superhero stories told from one person’s POV…or so I’ve noticed. As I don’t read those genres much…I suppose sidekick is also that third wheel character besides the MC and the girl.
But after Googling “sidekick” I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic A Question to Pick Your Minds in the forum Characters 6 years, 1 month ago
@leon-fleming Please define diverse and interesting.
-
Kathleen started the topic Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
Who is your Favorite Sidekick? What Made You Like Them So Much?
Well, I’m not sure if anybody else’s answer will be able to compete because, who can be a better sidekick than Samwise Gamgee? The best sidekick of all time?Sam is great in the LotR movies, but the book is where his character really shines. In the books you can see all the things he…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic So… I exist. in the forum Start HERE 6 years, 1 month ago
A THOUSAND YEARS since you’ve had a Chocolate Crinkle cookie? Well if that’s not the saddest statement I have heard in the past four years, I don’t know what is. What does your sister do with all the Crinkle Cookies she bakes? She’s obviously not giving them to you. You don’t happen to have a pet phoenix do you? Man, do those things…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your Dream Writing Spot? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
I burst out laughing immediately after reading your answer @not-so-secret-secret-assassin ‘s. I must say, it’s nice to have you back. I feel safer when I know where you are.XD
I like your choice. I feel like some amazing stories would be written there. Have you ever been to one of those countries that you mentioned?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Protagonist? What Made you Like them so Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
A personal spy eh? I had one of those in the past, until he just coincidentally disappeared one day. And no, I had nothing to do with it. Why would you ask such a thing?
Anyway…
I have no doubt that all of your favorite protagonists are quite formidable, however I’m sorry to say that I have never watched any of those films…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Who is your Favorite Protagonist? What Made you Like them so Much? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years, 1 month ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin A worthy protagonist indeed.
@kathleenramm Generally my favorite characters are always extremely minor ones that appear for two seconds, so… I guess I like Kousei Arima from Your lie in April. He’s a pianist, like me, and has a lot of quirks that I like. And he isn’t too much of anything, like being too dramatic,…[Read more]
- Load More
