So… I exist.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE So… I exist.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

@leon-fleming  Wow, someone talks a lot.

You remind me of someone I know. Or, at least, have met. By any chance do you ever use a pen name?

I like coffee. Or, that is, I like a little coffee in my chocolate milkshake. And I want to be published so publishing floors have potential.

Besides writing, I like reading, painting, art (both painting, drawing, and graphic design), singing broadway songs and acting. I work with… Disney Princesses. 😉 I’m very good friends with Elsa, Anna, Snow White, Rapunzel, and Ariel.

I would 1000% live in the mountains. We recently visited CO and I’ve decided that, Lord Willing, I’ll live there in a couple years.

(Very impressive that you figured out I exist) I do. I’ve self-published a small poetry book.
      Wow. You plan a lot of books. I’m in the middle of editing a trilogy and everything else I try to plan is just too distracting.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@charisetter @e-k-seaver

Yeah, the reply issue-thing is just the site getting too overloaded. Sometimes you have to wait a minute for the replies to load. Putting links in replies shouldn’t cause an issue, so I’m not sure why taking them out fixed it. But I have found that having good internet and browser helps with these things.

@leon-fleming

Ah, this. *adjusts hat*

Hats, and particularly fancy hats can come quite in handy. You know, they can be used for blocking the sun, for looking more important than you really are, for smuggling custard-and-plum croissants from the Kingdom Pen cafe…

The hats are totally worth all of the sideways glances from everyone you come in contact with. They say it looks absurd, but I think they’re just jealous.

Nevertheless, I’m not going to tell you where I got mine from. Why? Because I don’t want you getting one yourself. Can’t have copycats going around the Kingdom, can we? Why, are you jealous??? Hmm?

I mean, it’s not like I’m jealous of that magical cloak of yours or anything. No. Not at all. Why would you think that?

By the way, I remember when you first asked about Kingdom Pen’s cafe, I tried to make you believe we didn’t have one (couldn’t have you eating all the cheese danishes, after all). So how did you find out that we did have one?

As for the Crinkle Cookies, I’m working on those, so sit tight! 😀

Kathleen
        @kathleenramm

@leon-fleming

So I was trying to get the Kingdom chef to add crinkle cookies to the menu, but he said he wouldn’t be able to add those to the cafe for another three months. 🙁 I guess you will have to wait for those crinkle cookies until sometime in November or December, then.

However, to make up for this, I decided to send some homemade crinkle cookies to you instead. They should be on the way to your lovely part of the Kingdom as we speak!

However, I wasn’t sure of your *coughcough* didn’t know *cough* address, so I hope they make it to your humble abode safely. But no worries, I have an (unhealthy) confidence in my mailman – Charlie – and I’m sure he will do whatever it takes to deliver the cookies. (Charlie also has a dragon, so there’s that too)

Just in case you don’t believe me, or for some reason you think this is all some kind of joke, I made sure to film the entire process to relieve any doubts. Behold, your crinkle cookies:

E. K. Seaver
          @e-k-seaver

@kathleenramm, Care to explain what exactly crinkle cookies are? I’ve never had them.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm

@e-k-seaver

Explain exactly? All right then.

A Crinkle Cookie is a is a baked or cooked food that is typically small, round and sweet. This confection is usually enjoyed around the holidays and it usually contains flour, sugar, and some type of oil or fat. It was invented by Helen Fredell in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Before baking, you lightly roll the tops of the uncooked cookie in sugar that is preferably powdered. Once cooked, the sugar on top cracks, hence the name “Crinkle Cookie”. It may also include other flavors, such as lemon, red velvet, chocolate, or gingerbread. Many, when first biting into a freshly baked Chocolate Crinkle Cookie, remark it’s similarities to a brownie; taste and texture wise. In fact some go as far to say it’s just a brownie in cookie form. However, the majority of professionals agree that Crinkle Cookies stand alone in it’s own category of cookie.

E. K. Seaver
              @e-k-seaver

@kathleenramm Oooh yum. That sounds delicious.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Maya Joelle
                @mayajoelle
                  • Total Posts: 4

@e-k-seaver Glad to hear you exist, and welcome to KP, where I am probably more clueless than you are. But yes, URLs will probably get eaten. Or whatever the proper term is. 😉

// the stories are true //

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                  @william-starkey
                    • Total Posts: 634

@e-k-seaver Yeah, I have literally no idea who THAT could be…(XD)…(XD)…

Yeah, well, we might’ve met sometime somewhere in the world; you know what they say: it’s a small world. (Personally, those people have absolutely NO idea what they’re talking about. I used to study geometry or geology or some such thing…)(XD) Unless we’ve met on Story Embers, Goodreads, Amazon, or North Africa the chances are pretty slim. I’m not on SE anymore, though; I sort’ve remember your name…or something to do with an E, a Seaver, and a K. But who knows. I used to use pen names. I’ve used William O. Holmes (long time ago; I mean, who doesn’t like Sherlock Holmes? Besides little Billy over there…), William Norfleet, Jonathan Greenwood, and then I got sick of pen names so I used something a LITTLE bit more original. Leon Fleming, obviously. (Which strangely sounds like Neon Flamingo…but that could be just me.)

I love coffee a lot, and publishing floors would be a whole lot more ideal if they were right next door, but I can’t see a cake and buy it, too. Not always, anyways.

I like reading, painting, and art, too, though the last time I tried to paint, it ended up as Garbage Art.

You work with Disney Princesses, huh? Have you met Cinderella? She’s my cousin.

Yes, I like the mountains as well, though I much prefer the ocean.

Nice! I’ve self-published a poetry anthology, too.

@kathleenramm
                    Yes, hats are great…sometimes; I usually wear this top hat, but on occasion, I might think about wearing something different. Those custard and plum croissants…I’ve spent over 300 bucks on those, you know. Some would say it’s excessive.

Well, either they’re jealous, or their lives are boring and seeing somebody with a hat like THAT ONE *points over there* could definitely draw some sideways glances. I mean, I’ve been counting the people who throw sideways glances and the numbers are in the thousands. Seriously, does your hat have to be so exotically TALL? True, mine’s three feet, but I don’t have confetti bursts popping out. (There was actually one time when one of your confetti bursts popped and it totally freaked somebody out. They sent a scream of surprised half-way across the country…XD…)

XD Yes, well, I don’t think I’m gonna begin wearing a six-foot, confetti-bursting, purple hat with feathers in it anytime soon. I prefer the ones that shoot fireworks, instead. And of course, green is my favourite colour, so…I might stick with that for now. Not to mention, mine is three feet tall because it has a super-light mini-fridge inside that harbors a decent collection of Ben and Jerry’s mint-chip ice cream, sodas, and a healthy supply of candy bars. I paid a whole lot for this thing.

So are you entering the Kingdom Pen Hat Competition next month?

Er…where did you hear about the…particulars of my cloak? (THAT was supposed to be a secret. Good thing you don’t know what it does yet. That could be disastrous…no, it has nothing to do with ketchup bottles.)

In answer to your question about the café, I walk a lot. The difference is that I was riding my indifferent buffalo when I found it…it actually makes for quite an interesting story.

XD Well, I’m sure Freddy had a good reason for three months…he’ll probably end up getting them in by my birthday.

THANKS! THOSE LOOK JUST LIKE THE ONES MY SISTER MAKES; HAVE I MENTIONED THAT CRINKLE COOKIES ARE MY FAVOURITE TYPE OF COOKIE? IT’S TRUE, THEY ARE. IN FACT…GOSH, I’M WRITING IN ALL CAPS AGAIN.

I see how not having my address could be a problem, though I don’t think Charlie and his dragon will have much of a problem finding my house. It’s bit conspicuous, if you know what I mean. Tall spires, large wood and brick estate, finely furnished…inherited from what’shisname.

That’s a very nice video; I won’t deny that I watched it a lot; after all, crinkle cookies are high on my priority list, and I haven’t really had any in ONE THOUSAND YEARS!!!

@e-k-seaver
                    Wow. Wow. I…don’t really…know…what to say. You haven’t tried them, huh? Huh. Well, they’re pretty great, take it from me.

@kathleenramm
                    You really must have researched those cookies. Did you already know all about Crinkle cookies, or did it take you a while to research then put together that paragraph?

JUST A NOTE TO EVERYBODY: I just realized that this post is very long, so for your information, I’m only slightly bored…check that, I don’t have much to do. Since almost all my stuff is packed up in boxes which aren’t in my house any longer (not to mention my house is like an empty shell).

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver

@leon-fleming, to be honest, long posts are the best, especially for socially awkward introverts who would rather respond to someone else’s post than attempt to start a conversation.

To begin, what I meant to ask is if you’ve ever done the CWW (crazy writing week) run by the young writers workshop.

Well, I may be the worst pirate writer you’ve ever heard of, but you have heard of me. (*cough* sorry, couldn’t resist)

Ooh, you paint too? What does Garbage Art look like?

Ah, you’re cousins with Cinderella? I’ve met her but we haven’t become friends yet. Have you visited any of the princess’s kingdoms? Out of all of them, Arendelle would have to be my favourite. Corona’s close second, though.

That’s a lot of hats.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

@william-starkey

@e-k-seaver XD Ack, yes; I comprehend, Mademoiselle. Long posts can have their downs and up.

Nay, I haven’t done the CWW, though I have heard something of it as well as the Young Writers Workshop. Isn’t Jacquelle Ferris (not sure if that’s the right spelling) somewhere in there or something?

(…XD…XD…) Very funny.

Yes, well, I have motives to paint, most definitely, but I’ve never really sat down and really tried to do it. The thing is, I really do want to paint, but the only times I have tried have turned out as terrible failures, and thus the title “Garbage Art” for, you see, those attempts at art usually ended up in the garbage. (*snickers in the front row*)

I really do want to paint, and those in watercolor paints and oil paints. But I’m gonna end up working on that later…either this or next year and onwards. I do enjoy drawing and have had good reports on my drawings, but haven’t really delved deep into drawing as of yet. I haven’t drawn consistently either, but I intend to add drawings in my next poetry anthology (of which, I am planning on coming out late next year if all goes well).

So you do write poetry; what sorts of poetry do you enjoy writing most? Would you care to display some of your poetry here? (You don’t have to, obviously. I mean, if you really don’t want to, I’m not gonna turn into some sort of enraged bear or anything…)(XD)

Yes, Cinderella and I have been cousins since birth, as you might imagine. Nay, I haven’t visited their kingdoms lately. I’ve stuck to those of Ândìm, Myth, and Legend. I actually haven’t paid much attention to those kingdoms. Can you list them and their pertaining princesses?

Yeah, I’ll say.

Kathleen
                        @kathleenramm

@leon-fleming

A THOUSAND YEARS since you’ve had a Chocolate Crinkle cookie? Well if that’s not the saddest statement I have heard in the past four years, I don’t know what is. What does your sister do with all the Crinkle Cookies she bakes? She’s obviously not giving them to you. You don’t happen to have a pet phoenix do you? Man, do those things love Crinkle Cookies.

But it does seem a bit odd that you have been able to live that long considering that your human… I would have said that I have figured out the secret of your magical cloak after you relieved your true age, (you look good for 1,000+ years btw), but I’m not sure what immortality has to do with ketchup bottles. My ignorance in the art of tomato condiments is severally showing. 🙁

Cinderella’s cousin are you?! Well, who would have thought! Not me that’s for sure.

I’m the same when it comes to painting. I’m OK when it comes to watercolor, but I almost always stick to sketching. I stay away from oil and acrylic painting. I leave that to my older sister, (not Erin my older sister, but my other older sister), who paints commissions for fancy people as one of her many part-time jobs. To even try to compete with her paintings is laughable.

The KP hat competition? You mean, the one taking place October 10th? Of course I’m entering! Are you? Not to brag or anything, but the KP hat competition exists because of me. They were so inspired by my glorious hats, they just had to create a competition in my honor. And, again, not bragging or anything, but I won Every. Single. Time. Of course I’m the main judge as well… but that shouldn’t matter. Spectacular hats are my (only) specialty.

@e-k-seaver

What exactly happens in a CWW? Is it kinda like NaNoWriMo, but shorter? The young writers workshop is pretty great from what I’ve heard. We’ve done a couple collabs in the past, though I’m not super active on there.

Do you paint or draw at all? If you do what things to you like to draw/paint?

I love long posts as well, (As you can see).XD

@william-starkey

@kathleenramm Yeah! A thousand years by ant’s recollection. That is, very long.

I feel old already.

Yes, it is sad, isn’t it. My sister stashes them somewhere…I’m not sure where. I’ve been lo0king for years, but I’ve still absolutely no idea where they could be. The fact that we’ve moved several times doesn’t effect things, I’d think, but…

Nay, I don’t have a phoenix. It’s good to know they love Crinkle cookies, though, just in case I meet up with one someday.

That cloak again…Hey! A compliment! (Oh…ketchup bottles…)

Cinderella’s cousin. Who would have thought, indeed…we haven’t actually met, though, in person, so I’d assume it would be difficult for anyone to come to that conclusion.

I see whatchya mean about painting/drawing/sketching/thatsortofthing. My sister’s better than I am, too.

Yeah! I’m entering; wait…I thought I just made it up? Oh, um…how many people enter the competition each time? Is it a lot? Because I don’t really want to disappoint people or anything. (XD)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >