@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
ella posted an update 5 years, 8 months ago
@iluvhim18 Hi!! Just wanted to check in on ya! How’s it going? Have you been able to write anything AWESOME recently? 😜
-
ella replied to the topic Hiya 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
Heyo!!! How’s it going?
I’m Ella, btw, and a couple of things about me:
-I like tea better than coffee
-I LOVE basketball
-I adore music (shoutout to @joy-caroline )
-I use emojis and exclamation marks a LOT 😉
What are some interesting things about yourself? Do you play sports? Do you like coffee or tea better? (I bel…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
LOL!! 😆
That’s the hardest thing for me, because I don’t know how quickly to start it. Some people write the inciting incident in their first chapter and some write it in the third, lol!! (I personally agree with you on that)
Thank you SO much!!!!!
I totally will, thanks!!!
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Hmmm…Â Yeah, I definitely see myself getting VERY distracted, but I think it’s something I need to work on… 😃Â I definitely agree with you there!!
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Will do!!
Thanks SO much!! I’ll definitely try it out. 😃 We’ll see how it goes… 😉
(btw, I just noticed–one more post and you’re at 700, lol 😄)
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oh yeah. So true. I have a feeling I don’t do that well enough…
Wow, yeah , this is great stuff!!! Thank you SO much!! I’ll definitely have to keep this in mind!!!
Thank you SO MUCH everyone!!! SUPER helpful!!!!
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
That’s GREAT advice!!!! I especially love what you said about if the reader needs to know it or not at that moment. Thank you SO much!!
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I know you’ve written a bunch of great chapters!!!! 😃
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! That’s SUPER helpful!!!! I agree, first lines tend to hook readers. I do spend a lot of time on that, but I don’t want to overdue it. (I have read some books where it seems like the author spent two years writing the first line, lol!! &#x…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Hello! (again) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 Edward Tulane! I loved that book as a kid! It always made me cry but it was so beautiful…
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@nova21 Don’t know if I have written a good chapter in my life but I do know that I like first chapters that do some explaining! Or at least show a bit of what the mc is like. Maybe like a scene, then intro? Not sure. I’m excited to see what everyone else says!
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Nooo, I missed ONE.
Retagging @seekjustice
-
ella started the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Hey peoples!!! I am currently in that “writing-the-first-chapter-that-turns-out-to-be-a-dud-FIVE-THOUSAND-TIMES” phase… I may be over-exaggerating a little, but I’m sure y’all have felt like that before… 😄
So here are some details:Â Seia, the MC, is living in isolation from society, with only her sister and a couple of slaves as fr…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 I’m prepping some things…finishing homework…trying to catch up on my missed writing over the weekend…
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I am!!! Are you working on that story w/ Arabella and November? (sry forgot the title 😬)  How far are you into it?
I have a question: do you find it easier to work on one WIP or two or more? like, when you get tired of one, you can switch to another one temporarily. or do you make yourself stick with one? i’ve been trying…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Resources! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
I downloaded Quoll Writer as well as LibreOffice but for now am usually using WPS Office since it’s most similar to Word…I backup my things in Google Drive, though with Quoll it’s kinda hard to do so… -
Lin replied to the topic Hiya 🙂 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@golden-knight Hey there! Welcome to the Kingdom!
Ooh, the Scribble Society looks really intriguing! I’ll give you guys a follow. 🙂
A few questions to get to know you…
What genres do you write? What is your WIP about? Do you have any other hobbies outside of writing?
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@scoutfinch180 I’m thinking One Story looks the most promising, since they are very open to new authors! Plus they just opened up submissions again!
-
Lin replied to the topic Time Travel Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 8 months ago
@issawriter7 @nova21 Maybe I’ll see if I can minor in film or something XD
@gracie-j Ahh this makes me want to go and write! I’ll work hard, I promise!
-
Lin replied to the topic Hey there! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@imwritehere1920 Ooh, needle felting! I think I’ve seen that before! Never tried it, though. I like playing piano, making music, and sometimes I do embroidery.
Feel free to join us in any of the other ongoing discussion threads like our WIP chat!
-
Lin replied to the topic Subgenres–Helpful or a Hindrance? in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 8 months ago
@larchness I remember looking at this before. It was very fun.
1. Mine is definitely series fantasy. Other genres that my other things might fall into would be low fantasy, urban fantasy, eastern fantasy…
2. I just write what feels familiar, so no, usually. Sometimes, though, I might say, “I really want write an eastern or wuxia fantasy right…[Read more]
- Load More

Unfortunately not, I’ve been sick the past couple weeks so I’ve been having to take care of myself and focus on recovery and schoolwork. I’ve been swamped with responsibilities and haven’t found any time to write lately. In fact, I was just about to sit down for the first time in weeks and write.
Aww, I’m SO sorry!!! I’ll be praying for you. Good luck writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aw, thank you!!! <3