@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
ella replied to the topic Struggling Mentally and Emotionally With Your WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@issawriter7, @devastate-lasting
I feel you guys!! I agree with what @godlyfantasy12 said about how writing can always be a hobby. Or a side-gig. I feel confident enough to say (for all of us on KP) that writing is not something any of us should EVER give up!!!! So DON’T!!! Find a way to incorporate it into your daily life/routine. If there…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic United as Christians in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Great stuff!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!! 😃😃😃 I was raised in a Presbyterian (Reformed Calvinist) church, and though I agree with what they believe, but I agree with y’all in that denominations SHOULD NOT create division among Christians. I have experienced division since I moved (5-ish years ago) and we still haven’t fo…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Struggling Mentally and Emotionally With Your WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ahaha thanks for your two cents. I would say that it would partially be because of myself and my expectations for myself (I had pretty much decided that this was gonna be the job route that I was gonna take since I was twelve or thirteen, before I started writing) and partially the environment I was raised in (practicality and…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Subgenres–Helpful or a Hindrance? in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 8 months ago
@larchness Ah thank you! It’s taking a really long time but I’ll be glad to finish it one day!
-
Lin replied to the topic Struggling Mentally and Emotionally With Your WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oh…well…if we’re all pouring out some emotions here…
Sometimes I grow really sad when I think about my future, and how I’m not going to become a full-time author. It doesn’t support, yeah, yeah…
Because recently I’ve discovered how much I love writing. And when you apply for colleges they tell you to do what you love, but honestly, for…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Ahh yeah brainstorming is super fun! Good luck!
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Ah okay! Maybe you can make like the mom have a scene where she’s thinking about her kids or something and sees the brother and thinks that he’d be the same age as her own son…or something…maybe he looks like her husband…something like that…
-
Lin replied to the topic Subgenres–Helpful or a Hindrance? in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 8 months ago
@larchness My fantasy saga consists of thirteen series that are interconnected, so I think it fits pretty nicely XD
-
Lin replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Lennox would rather walk on his hands.
@nova21 Laurel would choose city.
Would your character rather be a solo artist or in a band?
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Did you say never find out? Oof…uh…definitely physical features should be key. And maybe mannerisms. Other than that I’m not sure…are their parents still alive?
-
ella replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
@writerlexi1216, @devastate-lasting
Seia would rather jump around everywhere.
Would your character rather live off-the-grid or in the middle of the city?
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I love that!! Thanks so much!! I especially like #9. I can put scenes in every category that you and @erinrramm mentioned, so we’ll just see if I can put it into word form!!! 😃
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I was really curious about the answer to this question a few months ago, so I actually did a whole bunch of reading and researching about what made a gripping first chapter that kept readers reading, and I actually end an article on KP about the whole process! Here’s a link to the post if you want to check it out:…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Thanks!! That looks awesome, thanks!!!
Ikr? A great example of a really good first chapter is from the Hunger Games. I don’t know how she does it!!! 😃
-
ella replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Those look great!! (ur nails are so cute btw 😉)
-
ella replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
yass girl!!!!  Keep it up!!  (Next time can you buy me a caramel frappé and ship it to me? 😋 jk)
that’s a great idea!!!!!  I think I’ll try that.
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ooh nice! I’ll have to check out Canva’s bookmark feature sometime. (Not that I use bookmarks often…I use whatever piece of paper is closest to me lol)
-
Lin replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 These look really great! How did you make them?
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@scoutfinch180 Nah, it’s not Christian. It’s a magazine that publishes a single short story every three weeks or so. To be honest I just looked up places to submit short stories and went down the list for the criteria.
@issawriter7 Sure I’ll tell you! I considered One Teen Story, but they aren’t open right now, and I don’t really write about the…[Read more]
- Load More
