-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @writefury @sleepwalkingMK @his-instrument @ethryndal Oh, first person. For some reason, my writing really only seems successful when I write in that person. Third person is another thing altogether. I find it insanely difficult. I can’t believe I’m asking this but, any tips???
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean I know exactly what you mean.
You know you’re a writer when cutting an onion turns into a tearful drama.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean I know exactly what you mean.
You know you’re a writer when cutting an onion turns into an epic drama.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yep, I learned it from the map, and spent lots of time studying and practicing it. I have the alphabet memorized now.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@bluejay @kate-flournoy @daeus @jess @winter-rose @overcomer Anybody writing tonight?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope AAAAHHHHH!!!! I can’t wait till I get a sword! *my preciouss*
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
@adry_grace, @alia, @anna-brie, @anne-of-lothlorien, @cahndida-serkhaman, @charisetter, @zoe-wingfeather, @christi-eaton, @clairec, @winter-rose, @warrioroftherealm, @writefury, @emma-flournoy, @reaganramm, @rolena-hatfield, @julia-r, @his-instrument, @ingridrd, @ivy-rose, @the-happy-bookaholic, @timothy-young, @belegteleri, @theliterarycrusader,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Actually, I used the Hobbit. The Return of the King version is a more modern version of dwarvish. The Hobbit is the older tongue.
@ethryndal Only the runes. I don’t know how to pronounce anything… but maybe I should learn. -
Ingrid replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, no! @Hope used the only excuse I could think of. *racks brain for any more ideas* *isn’t able to think of one* *stares at floor with hands clasped* Ummm…hi.
I’m late.
Welcome, @ethryndal. When I grow up, I’m gonna be an elf…just like you! Seriously though, you sound like a pretty awesome person. Can’t wait to get to know you better.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when cleaning your room turns into a battle scene.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Yeah, that says a lot.
You know you’re a writer when you have a bottle of pixie dust. (AKA sparkles in a plastic bottle)
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien His name is Thranduil, but I probably just made you faint at the sound of Legolas’s dad. Unfortunately, I don’t know elvish, though I have taught myself ancient dwarvish. It’s quite nice to write notes to myself when I don’t want anyone else to read it. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Mhmm, definitely a writer. (I don’t know what makes me a writer yet…) 🙁
-
Snapper replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’ve noticed that little kids are cute as well as bundles full of energy. They don’t easily get mad or sad, and are always giving people the strangest things.
When I write little people, they usually end up making people realize what they want, or bringing up painful things that need to be brought up, and yet they are…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper It was good timing. It was a 10,900 word story. Kind of in between a long and short. 😉
Oooo isn’t writer’s block a pain??? I’m sure it will leave you soon. Keep pushing. (and writing) 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@bluejay How convenient. I was just going to say I was leaving as well. 😉 Good job on finishing your story! Was it a short story, or a longer one?
I managed to get 329 words *winces*. Ouch. you can tell I’ve had writer’s block. 😛 Though, I did take a small break in the middle, so it’s not so bad. Either way, thanks for writing with me!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m leaving now. I’ve finished off “Sacrifice” and have continued on my other story. I got 698 words which brings me to the total of 13,901 words. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@bluejay Great! Thanks for joining me; maybe I’ll actually get something done for once. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I am here now.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I should be able to join you in 15-20 minutes. 🙂
- Load More

Ignore my spelling errors. 🙁 I’m terrible at checking my own writing.
*puts on thinking cap* Hrmmm… well, the first game that comes to mind is Blindman’s Bluff. Then there’s a similar but less ‘dangerous’ game that doesn’t have a name, where ‘It’ stands blindfolded in the middle of the room and one player at a time tries to sneak past (and around) him without getting touched.
And honestly I have zero head for…[Read more]
Thanks for the other game suggestions. Yes, I’ve played that once before and it was lots of fun. @kate-flournoy
Do you mean the theme would be spiritual blindness, and you’d just play physically ‘blind’ games, or would the theme be physical blindness (probably not, but I want to make sure I get what you’re saying. 😉 )?
And ditto to what Kate said about fundraising…sorry. 😛 Have some sort of craft sale, maybe? *helpless shrug*
No @emma-flournoy The theme is about physical blindness as that is what the fundraiser would be for. Helping raise money for tablets that stop River Blindness.
@bluejay, so sorry, no ideas at the moment, but I’ll let you know if I think of something. 🙂
@clairec No worries. Please do. 🙂
Okay. That sounds good. 🙂 What’s River Blindness?
@emma-flournoy River Blindness is cause by black flies that live down near the river. So people go do to get water and…how much information would you like??? It’s pretty graphic.
Ooh… all right, that’s good.
😛
I hope your fundraiser goes well if you do it.
Hmmm…. that’s a great thing to raise funds for, @bluejay! Who will you be giving the money to? (i.e. Compassion, Samaritan’s Purse, a missionary at your church, etc.) Well, the only games I can think of that haven’t already been suggested would be searching through something like rice, blindfolded, to find a small object, like a marble, pebble,…[Read more]
@julia-r The funds will be going to CBM.
Hey, I like that game. You say you’ve done similar games before, can you tell me how much rice would you put in the dish (how big is the dish) and are they allowed to use their hands?
I would get a really big storage container (like utility bins) and fill it with as much rice as you can. Rice is cheap, so it shouldn’t be a cost issue. And yes, you can use your hands! It’s fun to rely only on touch to find things.
Another similar suggestion (this might appeal more to younger folks) is to put the pieces of a 6-piece puzzle in the…[Read more]
@bluejay Would it be indoors or outdoors? I know two games that raise money, but they don’t have a thing to do with blindness. You know the type of game where you try to throw a small object either into a basket or through a small hole in a board or to knock something down? You could charge 25 or 50 cents per toss. The other game is quite a bit…[Read more]
@sarah-h It would be indoors. Thank you SO much for all the wonderful ideas. I have decided not to run the fundraiser so a bit because I am so busy with prier commitments. But the ideas are wonderful and will be in a file for future reference.