@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Well, everyone, another milestone…
I have reached page 100 in my story. 11 point Time New Roman font, which is something to cheer about. YAY! I reached that mark within the course of three and a half months.
@overcomer @bluejay @kate-flournoy @spradlin @hope @jess @gretald @ingridrd @alia @daeus @Hannah-krynicki @corissa-maiden-of-praise @winter-…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia It is very simple. I’m guessing that you will be playing it inside, but even if you’re outside it doesn’t really matter. Although the way I’m going to tell you is an inside version.
1.Let your players know where the boundary lines are. i.e. no leaving the room that you are playing in.
2. Say you have ten players, get ten pieces of paper and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia It is very simple. I’m guessing that you will be playing it inside, but even if you’re outside it doesn’t really matter. Although the way I’m going to tell you is an inside version.
1.Let your players know where the boundary lines are. i.e. no leaving the room that you are playing in.
2. Say you have ten players, get ten pieces of paper and…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia It is very simple. I’m guessing that you will be playing it inside, but even if you’re outside it doesn’t really matter. Although the way I’m going to tell you is an inside version.
1.Let your players know where the boundary lines are. i.e. no leaving the room that you are playing in.
2. Say you have ten players, get ten pieces of paper and…[Read more] -
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia Praise! So glad to hear that. 🙂 Keep us posted on her recovery!
-
Sarah Hoven replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia Praise the Lord! Yay, I’m so glad she’s doing better. 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hello! Ni Hao! Anyang! Hola! **Waves**, Etc… in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
@charisetter, Welcome!!
Hmm, quick query, (cause I’m an insanely curious person) who’s where in the older/younger range. @charisetter, or @alia? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia That’s wonderful. The Lord is faithful. 🙂 Give her a pat and cuddle for me, please. *clasps hands together*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia That’s wonderful. The Lord is faithful. 🙂 Give her a pet and cuddle for me, please. *clasps hands together*
-
Charis started the topic Hello! Ni Hao! Anyang! Hola! **Waves**, Etc… in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Hi All,
I’m new to the forum part of Kingdom Pen, though I have read posts on the site for a couple years now. My sister, @Alia (maybe I shouldn’t admit to being related to her), has told me horror stories about the KP forums (Just kidding. She’s told about how y’all have helped her with her writing.)
I write science fiction, adventure, and…[Read more] -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Hi Everyone in the forum Start HERE 10 years ago
Ha! @Alia One does not simply read the Count of Monte Cristo quickly.
-
Jess replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia The pen is mightier than the sword! 😛 (unless it’s Riptide… Then it’s both)
-
Snapper started the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Gather, fellow knights and warriors of this realm!
@Overcomer and I had an idea a little bit ago for the fall. Because summer is now over, (yay–Fall!) that means that The Awesome Summer Writing Club is no longer summery. So, without further ado, I will begin a new topic with the same principal.
We, as writer’s, will (or should, I won’t force…[Read more] -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
And a big thank you to all the people who brainstormed for me. I know some of you didn’t make it here before I cleared the topic, but I have figured out what to do. Grazie. 🙂
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @daeus @adry_grace @alia @anna-brie @anne-of-lothlorien @hope @aratrea @clairec @spradlin @sarah-h @rolena-hatfield @jul…[Read more] -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years ago
Need a bit of help here. Now I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but HELP!
*ahem, ahem. What noise comes to your mind when you think of a shell (reasonably big) breaking and falling onto a wooden floor?
But you have to make sure that your audience doesn’t know what has happened?
@kate-flournoy @faithdk @emma-flournoy @christi-eaton @d…[Read more]-
Like shattering glass, perhaps with a duller ring to it as the wood would absorb a lot of the sound and the shell is hollow, besides.
@Bluejay-
Hmmmm… I’d have to agree with Kate. It doesn’t quite have the tinkling resonance you’d expect from glass (because I have dropped many a glass in my days). Almost like what I’d imagine a pot shattering would sound like, if you want to use a comparison.
-
You’re not the only one to drop glasses. *I managed to drop a jar of Vegemite once. It was rather a mess*
Yes, I’m wanting a comparison. Originally I had, “the sound of a thousand stones falling to the ground.” But I don’t think it would shatter like that or make that sound.
-
-
-
Well, it also depends on the type of wood floor it is. Is it actual, solid wood? (unfortunately this seems to be becoming rarer, at least in my area) Or is it laminate wood floor? The sound would be different if it is.
-
Oh yes, and just to clarify, it breaks after it hits the wood floor, right? The way you worded it kind of suggested it breaks before hitting… *grins mischievously*
-
-
*grins back* Shhh…it breaks before it hits the ground. It is the good old solid wooden floor. @corissa-maiden-of-praise.
-
@BlueJay Well, that changes things. *ponders* Perhaps… well, how does it break then? We must take that into account if we are to accurately describe the sound. 😉
-
@corissa-maiden-of-praise You’re prying! You just want to know what happens don’t you??? 😉 *suspicious stare* It gets whacked on someone’s head. *A hard head* 🙂 *sniggers*
-
Goodness, this sounds terribly exciting. I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
-
-
-
-
-
@bluejay, Ahhh! This is a really hard question. I honestly can’t think of anything except what everyone else has already said, so, um, yeah! 🙂
-
Thanks @winter-rose That was what I was thinking too, but I wasn’t sure that a clay jar fitted as an example, so I reworded it and I ‘think’ I’ve got it.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Glad you think so. One day…-
@BlueJay Whenever anything is cracked over someone’s head, you can generally count on the story being exciting. 😀
-
-
@bluejay, sounds like you’ve got it already, but I agree with the others—like pottery, just a little clearer and harder.
-
-
Jess replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia, I agree. You can have lots of friends of all different ages. (I have friends who are way older than me, excluding online friends) We are writers and Christians here, so I don’t think age is the big thing. Anyways, being 14 is great! 🙂 (besides the fact that you cannot drive yet!) 🙁 *bows and steps off soapbox*
-
Jess replied to the topic What Is Your Birthday? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia, I agree. You can have lots of friends of all different ages. (I have friends who are way older than me, excluding online friends) We are writers and Christians here, so I don’t think age is the big thing. Besides, being 14 is great! 🙂 (besides the fact that you cannot drive yet!) 🙁 *bows and steps off soapbox*
-
Greta replied to the topic God Keeps in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@Alia
Very nice. I like it.
One quick thing…If God keeps His eyes on the fallen of the world,
What right does the world have to say “No consequence”The last line doesn’t really flow well, so maybe write something like, “How can the world say ‘No consequence,'” instead. I don’t know; it’s your poem. 😉
I really like it, though. The rep…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic God Keeps in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
Pretty, @Alia. Just a couple things I noticed.
God keeps His eyes the fallen leaves
The leaves the the trees deem of no consequenceGod keeps His eyes on the fallen people
The people that the world deems of no consequenceIf God keeps His eyes on the fallen of the world,
What right does the world have to say “No consequence”In the first lin…[Read more]
-
Sarah Hoven replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia Ouch, that sounds painful. I’ll be praying for her, for sure. 🙂
- Load More

You are most welcome, friend! 🙂 Glad you got it figured out. Happy writing!
@spradlin 🙂 *whispers* It’s ready for beta readers now. Psst, @daeus are you interested in reading “the Golden Conch”?
How many people should I send it to in at once?
@bluejay Yes, I am interested, but I’m a little swamped right now. I’m beta reading two other novels and Kate might send me the second piece of hers any time. Would it be alright if I postpone for a month?
Sure. @daeus
Btw I’m not sure you ever saw this so I’m posting it again, is this a haiku poem?
Soft kittens are cute
Fun to hold and to play with
Be very gentle.
🙂
@bluejay Yep.
Oh good. My youngest sister had to write one for school. She’ll be pleased to know that it was right. 🙂
LOL! Wish I had time to do the thing. SUBMIT IT WHEN YOU’RE DONE THOUGH! cuz that’s the cool thing to do. xD
When it’s done, it will be coming your way. But I hope you have patience cause I have a feeling it might be some time… XD
Haha! Not a problem! Can’t wait to see it. 🙂
@Bluejay I’d love to, but unfortunately I’m way to busy right now to take on any extra projects. Keep me on the list though. 😉 Perhaps a later draft…