@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Light replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Gets hit in the face by a particularly cold snowball* *Sputters*
Gee thanks Esther 🙄😂😂
“Ty?” I shouted as I walked down the sandy boardwalk by the beach. No answer.
Continuing down the familiar path, I savor the taste of the salt in the air and the lovely sea breeze gently caressing my face, my wavy hair tossing in the win…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@rae @raxforge @jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @grcr
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Group 1)
Pain rung in Marcel’s skull; he felt as if something had woken him up, but he couldn’t hear anything. His ears were definitely bleeding, since his rose-colored hair had begun to clump with a darker color.
Everything was numb. Dark, wet, and…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Praying for you and your family <3
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Please pray for my family. Satan is trying to tear our family and my parents’ relationship apart. 😭🥺
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
No problem, I usually have to look up abbreviations or just hope I figure it out eventually lol.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
I agree with Hybrid and second everything she said. It really depends on what kind of book this is and what age group it’s targeted towards. 11 is probably a lot if it’s something like middle grade fiction. If this is something massive, like, say, the Stormlight Archives, then 11 is more reasonable (though even SA doesn’t have that…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
the 20s really marked the beginning of people turning away from traditional values, something the USA tried to go back to in the 50s before all fell apart in the 60s…and we’ve just gone downhill from there🤷🏻♀️
Better in some ways, a whole lot worse in others.
-
freedom replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Hiiii 👋🏻 So, I will first say that a lot of my research has been sporadic or else focused on a single specific topic, so I honestly don’t remember a lot of sources I used for a lot of research by this point XD
And most of my research is focused on WW2😅
But each of the decades were really marked by specific things:
The 1910s was…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle I love that idea too!! 🥰
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
It really depends. Does each MC have their own POV? How long is the series, and what genre is it? Typically a long, multi-book series will have plenty of characters, while a standalone may only have room for a few. (However, Gordon Korman is a big exception to this rule. He writes mostly standalone contemporary MG fiction, but he…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
@koshka
I didn’t know about the patent system update, that is really helpful to know… Huh… I did a lot of research on patents a couple years back but all the information disappeared from my brain after I finished the assignment.Awesome. I’ll start digging this evening.
I’m going to be doing a looooot of digging in the next five months, so I…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper I love that!!! <3
ACK
HEY!!!
how dare you.
ok, fine.
another bit of a scene for Book #3 (almost 200 words😜)
A door slammed open.
“You are either insanely brave or hilariously stupid, Herr Wagner. But given your insolence, I suppose I can see what information I may yet gather out of you. Fisher, return L…
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Hey she also has resources at the bottom of the page, niiiice.
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
Aw, I love her zeal for hair styling. That’s really cool. I would try doing what she did myself, but I actually have a short bob.
-
freedom replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle (*hands you tissues*) @liberty
YESSS I WANNA WATCH BONHOEFFER SO BAD😭😭😭
And yes, Liberty, I have written 2 novels with Leon/Riker as the MCs. The Broken and Redeemed Trilogy is solely theirs.
Book 1 is out already and has been published since July this year, and the 2nd one will (HOPEFULLY…we’ll just have to see😅) be released…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Early 1900s Research in the forum Historical 1 year, 10 months ago
That’s okay, thanks anyway :]
Besides denser stuff, I’ll take anything I can get as lon as it’s reputable. I can’t remember ever hearing of Ken Burns, thanks for the recommendation.
I’m leaning towards researching why entertainment changed drastically within that time period. Things like radio and film. For…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Pouts, snow dusting my face* Here are your words, a short story.
Little things, hidden in big things.
The bulky green cuffs of my coat did not fit me very well; some saw them as black holes, sucking up every dust bunny and trinket in their wake.
I tucked my hands in my sleeves. The cold sun, a smudge of orange in…
-
Esther replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Caught up on my snowballs!
Nowwww….
@lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @godlyfantasy12 SNOWBALLLSSSSS!!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
oh also the thing about the frog in his pocket is so funny lol
I love lizards and frogs and all that, but I definitely don’t put them in my pockets. At least I can wash my hands immediately after putting the animal down; my clothes, not so much. Plus I don’t want to sit on them lol
- Load More
