-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hello! Nice to meet you! What sort of sci-fi/fantasy have you read? (Most important question: have you read Lewis’s Space Trilogy?)
Hmm, I’m afraid that I haven’t read Lewis’s Space Trilogy:( I have heard of it though, and I’ll probably put it on my to do. I’ve read a large amount of Brandon Sanderson’s works in both sci-fi and fantasy. I…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Overview of my main WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I don’t think that I’m killing off any characters without reason. I think the main ones I talked about killing off were Arvolis, Dalaman, Ridril, Thulac, Cadmus, and Edward. For Ridril, Cadmus, and Edward, their deaths are in my mind the perfect conclusion for their characters arcs. I already listed several reasons why Dalaman’s death makes…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Overview of my main WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I don’t think that I’m killing off any characters without reason. I think the main ones I talked about killing off were Arvolis, Dalaman, Ridril, Thulac, Cadmus, and Edward. For Ridril, Cadmus, and Edward, their deaths are in my mind the perfect conclusion for their characters arcs. I already listed several reasons why Dalaman’s death makes…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Yeah, there are the nagas who have a great skill with knives and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I zoned out at that pint of his explanation. The Metamorphs (I named them) who are shape-shifting metal aliens. The Dragons (no idea if they have another name yet) like half human and half dragon. Oh and homosupero, basically the superhero part.…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to KP!
I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, finding divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current project is a universe I’m working on with my sister called the Septrum.
Questions!
Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (hard meaning concrete rules for the…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 3 years ago
@emma_mcpherson how are you?
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
So based off of the language that you were going to help me create, can you help me devise a word in Andromedan for “Mother”? That would be most appreciated, haha. I am not good at creating languages, so I’m stumped, lol.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
I agree, reading books has helped me so much!
I’m not sure if I know a lot about plot structure. I just try not to be cliche, have good character arcs, and attempt to make an outline. Emphasis on the word attempt, lol.
I know that there’s seven main ways to plot, like “save the cat”, “the hero’s journey”, the “three act”, and…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Overview of my main WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Ok, I have just gotten around to reading this, sorry I took so long.
I really like this! It actually feels a bit nostalgic for me, bearing much more of a classic medieval fantasy vibe from the setting to the characters to the plot itself.
I didn’t guess that Gwidigrand was a wizard, but I was close, guessing that he was along the lines…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
That makes sense. Good advice!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
It is so perfect for him!
I also use Canva, I just add a bunch of photos to make it chaotic and only add photos, no clipart. I don’t use a background, and I just google search/canva search.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Yeah, great job! Don’t feel pressured to step out of your boundaries to write about the details that you don’t feel comfortable with. This is a heavy topic. It was Cassian that took her back originally right? Perhaps you could focus a little more on her relationship with him in the beginning, perhaps his brotherly…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
The Wond Galaxy is my own, though some of the inhabitants and ideas are C’s. C rules the Universe with his fettoians who are basically superheroes with armor and tech and anything ‘cool’ C can think of. He will never write a book unless his personality changes drastically. If he did, you could be sure it would be the best story idea but most…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years ago
Yeah it is really fun to write! However, Neveah’s only one of the main characters, so she’s kind of a sub-plot.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years ago
It’s about a woman named Neveah who was kidnapped, along with her baby girl, Hanna. They are separated, and Neveah is imprisoned in a work camp. When she escapes, she is determined to find her daughter, no matter the cost.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Actually, that would be great! If you want to add critiques or anything, let me know.
Over the course of last night and today, I wrote this chapter explaining how Sef ends up with Iver, etc. I’m not sure whether to add another one about that or not. Because I want to explain that Iver is abusive (the…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
So I just read it, and I’m wondering about some similar things. So is this universe set in the future of our universe, because you used Immanuel’s name, suggesting this is Christianity specifically. Or is it just a filler name like you alluded to earlier, and this is an entirely separate universe?
It’s funny, the brother sister…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Oh okay! Cool! By the way I love the quote.
Goodbye? Oh no, please. Can’t we go back to page one and do it all over again?
That is so sweet and sad I love it! Did you make it up or did you find it somewhere?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Ahh, yes, much like my sister and I as see. There’s quite a few Sibling pairs on KP actually. Siblings are awesome!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Both. It depends on the subject. I go hard on subjects I’ve run through my mind over and over again until I’m sure that this is the way. Soft on subjects I don’t understand or don’t want the reader to focus on because it’s not the main point.
Yeah, it’s a spectrum really, and it changes depending on what aspect your doing. Tolkien for examp…[Read more]
- Load More
