You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976

Ick… 😛 Kinda like Trump’s ‘Loser’, eh?

Levi Pierpont
      @levipierpont
        • Total Posts: 19

Oh, Elves! I am conviced that angels would never look more wonderful.
        In fact, I knew I needed to implement some form of Elvish being into my novel, so I created a race of people-like beings called Fairens. They look mostly asian, but are tall, and usually have black hair with one other color in highlights. They are also very smart people and their architecture and music is amazing. Sadly, their muscles are not fit to grow very much, so they cannot run or lift heavy things very much. Their nails also have strange, unique designs in white.

You know you’re a writer when you could go on for hours about a species of people you created!

-Levi Pierpont

Anna Brie
        @anna-brie
          • Total Posts: 312

They sound cool.

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

You know you’re a writer when you are babysitting a six-year-old and she starts pretending you are a queen she is you assistant, and somehow it quickly spirals into good queen verses evil queen, with a calling down of dragons, wielding of magical spears, and summoning of knights (all the while you’re taking notes of your witty comebacks for future reference).

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

That… is hilarious, @hope. One of my go-to games when I’m babysitting my siblings and they start getting rowdy is ‘castle’— each child is elected by popular vote to fill the place of jester, knight, queen, prince, king, etc. Once we’ve got everyone assigned their roles, we play battle or banquet or coronation some other such castley thing. 😀

For some reason they always elect me to be the king. *wry, puzzled smirk*

I’d like to be the villain sometime.

Anna Brie
              @anna-brie
                • Total Posts: 312

That’s funny, @hope and @Kate-flournoy. I don’t have much younger siblings to look after. Still I can listen to a couple of teenage boys interact.

Shaina
                @jenali
                  • Total Posts: 142

You can also get some great ideas for a slumping story by listening to young boys play games. They make up the craziest things!

The Scattered Writer

Faith Kindred
                  @faithdk
                    • Total Posts: 139

You know you’re a writer when you are so attached to your characters that you wish they were real people, and then you start imagining the conversations you would have with them.

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

You know you’re a writer when you visit the US Air Force Museum and spend your entire time wandering around reading the plaques about the pilots instead of looking at the airplanes. 😛

BlueJay
                      @bluejay
                        • Total Posts: 1622

You know you’re a writer when you spell “right” – “write” 😀 😀 😛

Adry_Grace
                        @adry_grace
                          • Total Posts: 169

You know you’re a writer when you’re teaching yourself a song on the guitar and think, “These lyrics would make a great outline for a story.”

You know you’re a writer when you right a legislative bill proposing the banishment of criminals who would otherwise be sentenced to life w/o parole and/or death penalty.

You know you’re a writer when you think, “OOOOO!!!! That was good, I need to write that down.”

You know you’re a writer when you’re in philosophy class and the only reason you’re bothering to take notes is because the concept would make a great story plot.

You know you’re a writer when you’re in a conversation and tune out, and hear a single phrase and go, That should be a book title. (And then you go and write the story)

You know you’re a writer when some one looks at you in the middle of a group conversation and says, “You don’t even care, do you? You just want a book.”

You know you’re a writer when you begin to tell people about your precious notebook collection.

You know you’re a geek when you reenact scenes from Chronicles of Narnia with you’re siblings.

Hope Ann
                          @hope
                            • Total Posts: 1092

You know you’re a writer if you wonder if it’s completely morbid of you to think having a picnic at a graveyard and then walking among the stones and finding names would be an enjoyable evening.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Adry_Grace
                            @adry_grace

having a picnic at a graveyard and then walking among the stones and finding names

@hope
                              I would do that with you!! I always need new name ideas. 🙂 I have a reputation to keep up among my siblings::

You know you’re a writer when your siblings think you are the weird sister who can come up with weird names no one else would come up with literally ever (My brother thought it was weird when I decided to name a lion cub at the zoo Samsom. I have a unique sense of humor, apparently)

Adry_Grace
                              @adry_grace

*frowns* ……Samson??……Sampson.
                                Yeah. That looks beter. *nods*

Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

You know you’re a writer when you think every game you’ve ever played would make a great book! 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >