You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 2995

@beth-torres

You know you’re a writer when…. You know what? Just look at your Google search history. You’ll know.

Yes!!¡!!!! The only people who look up tortures, injuries, and the most random  stuff are either people who research more than breathe or are writers. XD we’re just so special

#Justiceforsandwichclone
      #theclonesdeservedbetter
      #HugRikerSquad
      #HugHans

The Ducktator
      @theducktator
        • Total Posts: 185

You know you’re a writer when you cringe reading books you used to love because they told everything instead of showing.

You know you’re a writer when you can sit for hours staring at nothing while making up stories or working on a particularly interesting scene.

You know you’re a writer when you enjoy learning about Communist China because you might base a dystopian novel off of it someday.

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

The Ducktator
        @theducktator

You know you’re a writer when someone uses literally when they meant figuratively and it takes all your self control to keep from scolding them.

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2793

Lol this looks like fun, yall have some really good ones.

You know when you’re a writer when you can no longer fully enjoy mainstream movies… because you see through every plot hole.

へびは かっこいい です!

The Ducktator
            @theducktator

You know you’re a writer when you know long words and old words, but not modern slang.

You know you’re a writer when you find a fantastic stick on a walk and immediately pick it up and decide you’re on a quest, then procede to bring it home while dramatically twirling it and holding it in the air triumphantly.

Whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Total Posts: 2580

You know you’re a writer when you scroll through a huge list of baby names, and not one name is new to you

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Beth Torres
                @beth-torres
                  • Total Posts: 325

You know you’re a writer when your dad walks into the house and mentions a mist down the road, and you immediately imagine that it’s the poisonous mist you read about in a book that’s turns people to zombies.

This occurred moments ago…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Beth Torres.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 584

@beth-torres

Lol… we were hiking through the fog one time and it gave me the warm fuzzies because it made me think of mystery novels. My dad was just mad because he couldn’t see the mountains we were supposed to be seeing, and to this day he still doesn’t understand why I liked the fog XD. 

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Light Warrior Pen
                    @light-warrior-pen
                      • Total Posts: 103

You know you’re a writer when your father is discussing political events and you’re mind immediately tries to figure out how to integrate the events in your latest plot.

You know you’re a writer if something terrible happens to you and your first thought is “I can put this in a book!”

You know you’re a writer when you meet rude or weird people and you decide to use them as a template for your next villain.

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3201

You know you’re a writer when you start seeing people that look like your characters in public.

(Y’all, this has happened to me way too many times. 🫣😂 There’s even a little boy at church who looks and acts exactly like one of my charries would at that age. It’s ridiculous 🤣)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Light Warrior Pen
                        @light-warrior-pen
                          • Total Posts: 103

@esther-c

I hear you!

You know you’re a writer when you hear your character’s name at church and you look around to see if they’ve actually walked through the doors.

This has happened more than once to me ….

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3201

@light-warrior-pen

This happened to me too!! There’s a kid at our church named Everest and someone called him Ev one time. i was like 👀 😂

You know you’re a writer when your father is discussing political events and you’re mind immediately tries to figure out how to integrate the events in your latest plot.

You know you’re a writer if something terrible happens to you and your first thought is “I can put this in a book!”

Noooo, this has happened too!!! 🤣

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator

@light-warrior-pen

You know you’re a writer when you meet rude or weird people and you decide to use them as a template for your next villain.

There is a boy at my co-op who ridiculed one of my characters, so he is one of the main villains now. 😝So there!

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator

You know you’re a writer when hearing someone misuse “literally” makes you figuratively want to pull your hair out.

You know you’re a writer when you talk to a spatula. (His name is Bob, he’s 33, and he’s a vegetarian.)

You know you’re a writer when you kept your pacifiers until you were 8, not because you used them, but because they all had names and personalities.

You know you’re a writer when you get caught writing a story at co-op instead of taking notes.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3868

@theducktator Literally! (LOL)

also that’s cool, Bob sounds like he has a nice life.

hehe my brother called his pacifier “Ash” for some reason? He didn’t literally name it, he just said the word that way for some reason lol

My co-op notes were full of cute dinosaur characters giving their opinions on logic and Spanish.

oh also awesome profile pic.

waitaminute

ARE PICTURES WORKING?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 713 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >