Writers' Corner #22

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #22

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 587 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@f5a8c3e92

Hello there! I’m kinda writing, but really just laying on the bed and being miserable because of the ridiculous heat. I might have asked before, but where abouts are you from? I live down near Canberra and its been so blinkin’ hot here lately.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

The Impossible Girl
      @f5a8c3e92
        • Total Posts: 146

@seekjustice Queenslander here, so we’re safe from the heatwave… for now. I’ve got a friend down in Canberra, so I’ve heard that it’s pretty rough there at the moment. I’ll certainly be praying for… well, most of Australia. I can’t even stay in my room during the day because my ceiling fan’s broken and it’s in the hottest part of the house.

"Not all who wander are lost."
        Wild Australian. INXJ.

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@f5a8c3e92

Look, I’m trying super hard not to be jealous, but it really isn’t working 😛

We don’t have an air conditioner or anything, so our poor little fans are working themselves to death in an attempt to keep us cool.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

The Impossible Girl
          @f5a8c3e92
            • Total Posts: 146

@seekjustice Oof. That reminds me of when I lived on a sugar cane farm up around Cairns. It was an old, rickety, rural house that barely had radio signal and we’d swim in the creek nearby or stand right in front of the pedestal fan in our vain attempts to stay somewhat cool. Fortunately, I only had one sibling capable of getting in my way at the time.

"Not all who wander are lost."
            Wild Australian. INXJ.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@f5a8c3e92

Ah, that sounds lovely 😀 We used to swim in our creek too, but the neighbours built a dam which blocked off the flow to the creek, so its now mostly dry.

Still working on forgiving them for that. 😛

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice @f5a8c3e92

And here I am in the middle of winter. 😛

Thankfully, I do have a working heater…

(My current dream vacation is Australia, so I can have warm weather when it’s cold at home.  I assume from your complaints about the heat that it’d be better to come in the fall/spring time, though? 😉 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’d come any time but summer. Though I don’t know, winter is nasty where I live too. And basically autumn and spring are non-existent.

But you should come anyway. I’d love to meet you 🙂

Catwing
                  @catwing
                    • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @alia @valtmy
                    I’m actually working on writing my book. 😀
                    Anyone else on?

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Are you around today?

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Hey!  Yes, I’m here. 😀  How’s it going?  (Still melting in the awful heat? 😉 )

Are you working on anything in particular at the moment?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

We had a storm last night (mostly electrical, not very much actual rain)

Trying to finish up my outline, but really I’m watching a review making fun of the 1990 Phantom of the Opera musical, which is absolutely terrible 😛

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice I think electrical storms are kind of cool, because the lightning in the clouds is pretty.   (Did I ever tell you I once dreamed I went to Australia and there was a tsunami? 😛 )

Oh, I love watching videos like that! 😛  I have heard of the 1990 Phantom of the Opera.  I think.  I thought it was from the 80s.  But then, 1990 isn’t that far from the 80s. 😉 Is it really that bad?  Is it just bad because of the hair?  80s and 90s hair was really bad…

I’m about to watch an old kids TV show from the 50s with my littlest sister.  (The hair was good in the 50s.)

And tomorrow we’re going on the March for Life in D.C.  Have you ever heard of it?  We’ve never gone before, so it’ll be a new experience.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

We’re in serious trouble if we get a tsunami where I live 😛

Nope, the “real” Phantom of the Opera is from the 80s. And no, the hair is pretty terrible, but the whole thing is so ridiculously meladramatic, none of them can sing and it has no plot???

It’s a Prolife march isn’t it? I’m not sure that I’ve heard of it, but I’ve heard of similar ones.

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice It was a very impressive tsunami.  There were sharks in it. 😛

Ah, I have heard of two Phantom of the Opera musicals, but apparently didn’t know which was which.  In this case the 80s one is considered better apparently.  Now in answer to your argument: The word “Phantom” automatically puts something in the melodramatic category. 😉 And I’ve always said I hadn’t heard a Christine I approved of.  As to the third problem, that there is no plot, I have nothing to say. 😛

I’ll have to give it a listen sometime so I can be annoyed by it too.  Maybe if I really dislike it, I’ll like the “real” Phantom musical better on reflex.   What do you think of that plan?

Yes, it’s a pro-life march.  A lot of our friends have gone for years, but for one reason or another we never have before.  I’m sure it’ll be interesting.  But very cold.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Sounds like a bad remake of “Sharknado”. 😛

Well, the 80s one is the Andrew Lloyd Webber one. And yes, every thing about Phantom is meladramatic, but this one is a step above meladramatic. Perhaps hysterical? I really don’t think you’d appreciate this Christine either 😛 But yes, perhaps the terribleness would give you at least a little kindness toward the ALW one.

But very cold

I think I’ll come too 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 587 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >