Writers' Corner #22

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #22

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 587 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@Rochellaine

Sorry, KP wouldn’t let me on for a bit there.

No. Now I’m laying on the bed and moaning about existence.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Yeah, me too.

I see.  That is something billions of people have done over the course of the millennia, so you are not alone. 😉 (Have you ever thought it weird that “millennium” means “a thousand years” instead of “a million years”?)

Would you be interested in reading some more of Daughter of Judas?  I haven’t gotten to a really cool place or anything, but it has been a while since you read it, and I’ve written some, slow writer that I am.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

That’s true. My dog was commiserating with me, but he’s gone to sleep now, so I’m back to being miserable alone 😛

I guess it is. I wonder why millenia means thousand when one would assume the word million came from it?

Sure. I might not get it read right now, but I’d definitely love to. (By the way, i saw something on Pinterest, I think, advertising how to turn a slow writer into a speed drafter. I considered sending the link to you and @valtmy 😛 😉

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice My post got deleted, and I’m reposting. 🙂

For some reason my sister and I love the word “commiserate”.  I am not sure why.  …random fact. 😛

It is very strange.  I’ll have to look up the etymology some time.

Okay, I’ll send it to you and you can read it whenever you want.

A couple quick things before you read it:

#1 – Please ignore the medical part of Bathshua’s arm injury. 😛  I did actually do some research, and found some articles about ancient Roman medical care for broken bones, (really cool stuff!) but I haven’t incorporated them into the story yet, and just skimmed over writing the medical part, probably committing some grave medical errors in doing so.  The only important thing to know is that the doctor wasn’t able to fix her arm well, because it was so badly broken, and so now her arm is paralyzed-ish.  The medical aspects of the healing process will be edited in later. 😉

#2 – I’ve fixed some of the things people commented on previously, but not all of them yet, so sorry if there’s something I left in that still sounds weird to you. 😛  Also, there are a few sections I just skipped because I was too lazy to write them when I got stuck, but I think I explained them well enough that you can get what’s happening.  If not, just ask.

Oh, and I only meant ignore the medical stuff in the document.  If you want to discuss it with me here, I’d be glad to do so! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’m going to bed now.  Goodnight!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

Not sure if you’re still here but I’m heading off now. I’ve got to make Whiz Fizz for my siblings 🙂 (wait, do you have whiz fizz in America?)

The Impossible Girl
                @f5a8c3e92
                  • Total Posts: 146

@seekjustice As a fellow Aussie, I am a tad concerned to hear that you drive on the right side of the road.

"Not all who wander are lost."
                  Wild Australian. INXJ.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@f5a8c3e92

I’m even more concerned that I said I drove on the right said of the road.

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine @valtmy

Either of you around today?

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Are you still here?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yep! How are you? I’m currently just considering Justice and hoping the police never catch him because the charges against him are probably going to land him a lifetime imprisonment.

Oh, and I forgot that you sent me your story last night! I’ll get to reading that in a sec 🙂

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha, that does sound worrisome.  I watched a YouTube video today where someone was talking about how movie “happy endings” leave out a lot of stuff like how the people are going to go back to their normal lives after living through all the things that happen to them in the movies.  😛

Ok.  There’s no hurry. 🙂

I was listening to My Fair Lady this afternoon, and one of the songs always reminds me of a song from either Les Mis or ATOTC (I don’t remember which particular song it is, just that it’s from one of those two musicals).  So I began to wonder if you’d like it.  Have you heard much about My Fair Lady or Pygmalion?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

I thought you didn’t like My Fair Lady?

I think I’ve listened to it before, but I was actually just watching some of the dances yesterday and I thought they looked very cool 🙂

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice 😛 Yeah, well, I like the concept, and I love the music.  It’s just the ending that ruins it for me.  But, I’ve just been reading about Pygmalion, and apparently Shaw intended to have the ending that I would have liked, so I can like that about it, knowing that it was intended to be the way I liked, and people just had to put the romance in there where it shouldn’t have been. (Imagine that!  A story where I’d prefer less romance! 😛 )

Er…the dances?  I don’t recall there being any remarkable dances in My Fair Lady.  I haven’t seen the whole thing, but I only remember a few slow, boring, ballroom type dances.  What particular dances were you watching?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

What’s the ending? I’m curious now.

Sorry, I did see dances from My Fair Lady (and I did like them) but the ones I was actually thinking of were from Hello Dolly!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 587 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >