Writers' Corner #21

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #21

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 899 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@valtmy Hello!  Yes, it has been.

I’m off and on switching from memorizing law school definitions to work on Daughter of Judas. 😉

I reached the 10,000 word mark today! 😀

How about you? What are you working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
      @valtmy
        • Total Posts: 732

@rochellaine

Do I get a prize for guessing which is claiming more of your interest? 😛

(Gives Rochellaine a round of applause)

As I told Seekjustice, I’ve been readying QOD Part 3 for upload.

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine @valtmy

Hellooooo!

I feel like it’s been a really long time since I’ve talked to you two 😀

(Congratulations on 10k, Rochellaine!)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@valtmy 😛 Interest is one thing, time is another.  Finals are just around the corner. 😉

(bows)

Cool.  How many parts will there be?

@seekjustice
            Hi!! 😀 Yes, it has been a bit too long, hasn’t it?

Thanks. 😛

How’s NaNo coming along?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

NaNo went fairly well. I got the 50k (just)…

but as I was telling @valtmy the other day, I’m going to…uh, start my novel again?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
              @valtmy

@seekjustice

I just talked to you last Saturday. 😛 But it has been a very, very long time since all three of us were on the forum at the same time. Man, what I’ll give for a more flexible schedule.

@rochellaine

Ah, yes. Last-minute panic is an excellent motivator. 😛

Haha I have absolutely no idea how many parts there will be for QOD. I am not an outliner or planner like that.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@valtmy

Saturday was a long time ago.

Like…a whole three days ago.

valtmy
                  @valtmy

@seekjustice

😛 Aw… Did you miss me that much?

I spent much of Sunday (like, almost all of it since I found myself waking at 2.30am for some strange reason) on KP but you didn’t turn up and I know @rochellaine dropped by but we missed each other. 🙁

Haha it’s ok, I know Sunday’s for church. (I think I’m the only one who has service on Saturdays).

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@valtmy Is there a particular reason you have Saturday services? Is it a denominational or cultural thing, or is it just practical?

so yeah, I was busy Sunday and then I was up in Sydney all day yesterday, so I didn’t really get anything done then.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha, I didn’t notice the date.   Oh…I’m sorry! 🙁  I hope it isn’t too discouraging.

@valtmy
                        😛 Yes, isn’t it?

Haha, well, how is the story going, then?  Do you have your characters where you want them, or are they rebelling like any good character would?

Are either of you preparing for Christmas yet?  What do you usually do for Christmas?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It was pretty discouraging to keep going with it, honestly, so I’m kinda happy to be starting again 😛

Yes, I’m prepping for Christmas, to my chagrin. (that sounds dramatic). My overexuberant brothers and sister have already put up the Christmas tree and mum’s making us do lists…

And every time I walk into a shopping centre, there’s three hundred annoying Christmas songs playing 😛

valtmy
                          @valtmy

@seekjustice

It began as an outreach thing. There are lots of foreigners who come here to study and work. One particular group my church reached out to several years ago comprised of nursing students from abroad who are now working. Since they work in shifts, they can’t attend regular Sunday services so now my church has services ok both Sundays and Saturdays.

@rochellaine

My characters are cooperating. For now. 😛

Well, I’ll have to go now. Duty calls. I’ll be having lunch break in about three and a half hours though. If you two are still around and want to continue our chat, let me know. 😛

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@valtmy

I see, 😀 We’ve got a few shift workers in our church and we have two services (both on Sunday though) for that purpose.

Bye for now 😀

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Well, that’s a good thing I guess. 🙂

Christmas songs are not annoying!!! 😛

Do you dislike Christmas songs because they talk about snow on Christmas?  (Bigger question I’ve been planning to ask you: do you have Australian Christmas songs?)  My family starts singing Christmas songs on Thanksgiving, though this year we started on the day before Thanksgiving.  Now there are Christmas playlists constantly in the background of our living room/kitchen.  I’m hearing Doris Day from the kitchen right now. 😀

@valtmy
                                Goodbye!  I might still be on then, I don’t know.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m sorry to disagree, but yes, they are annoying. I’m fairly sure there are only eight Christmas songs in existence and…they’re repetitive.

There are very few Australian Christmas songs, and songs about sleds do not really make sense in summer.

Maybe that is part of my prejudice against them.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 899 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >