Writers' Corner #21

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Writers' Corner #21

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 899 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@catwing

Thatā€™s a good, down to earth sentence. I like it.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
      @catwing
        • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice I did another war and got 265. In case you were warring against me. šŸ™‚

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@catwing

Good job šŸ™‚

Sorry, Ā my internet is super slow at the moment and I didnā€™t get your message until just then.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice Thank you.

Thatā€™s okay. We could maybe war again soon. In a few minutes.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice @catwing Hey, Iā€™m off my conference call now. šŸ˜€

SeekJustice, I was just reading about the 1986 tv movie about Anastasia/Anna Anderson and wondering if youā€™ve seen it or heard of it?Ā  (I discovered it because apparently a coupleĀ  actors I like worked in it. šŸ˜‰ )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Iā€™ve been waiting to hear from you for ages! For some reason I didnā€™t get an email when you tagged me.

I havenā€™t, I donā€™t think. I know of an older movie, with Ingrid Bergman. Its not that one, is it?

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, thatā€™s too bad!Ā  At least weā€™re both here now.

Ingrid Bergman??Ā  Sheā€™s one of my absolute favorite actresses!Ā  Sheā€™s amazing!!Ā  No, thatā€™s not the one I was talking about, but Iā€™m going to look it up now. šŸ˜‰Ā  The tv movie with Olivia de Havilland and Rex Harrison is the one I just heard about.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

Yep, its 1956. Its the movie the animated movie and the Broadway play were apparently based on.

Is that other one sort of historically accurate?

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh no.Ā  I just found out that Ingrid Bergman plays Gladys Aylward in The Inn of the Sixth Happiness! šŸ˜®Ā  Iā€™m sorry.Ā  Sheā€™s still one of my favorite actresses.Ā  (but I still have no intention of watching that film! šŸ˜› )

It seems pretty accurate to me.Ā  I havenā€™t seen it, but the movie is about Anna Anderson, not about Anastasia, and it follows the true events of how she was in an insane asylum all the way to her final years in America.Ā  So it seems to be a biography of Anna Anderson, not a fictionalized tale of Anastasia.Ā  Hereā€™s the Wikipedia article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia:_The_Mystery_of_Anna

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

That was one of the things that really annoyed me about the movie šŸ˜›

Hmm, it sounds interesting. Iā€™ve read a bit abounds Anna Anderson and she sounds like a very unhappy person.

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira
                          • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine Fifty acres and horses!!?Ā  I am so glad for you!

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice What did you mean was one of the things that annoyed you about the movie?Ā  The fact that Ingrid Bergman is a great actress?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

The whole movie is based on two books ā€œThe Little Womanā€ and ā€œThe Small Womanā€. From this, I get the impression that if the Chinese women were calling Gladys small, she was indeed tiny. Ingrid Bergman is not. Nor does she have long dark hair, like Gladys. In fact, Gladys was mistaken for a Chinese woman when she fell into a coma after her journey through the mountains.

Iā€™m sorry, but I feel passionately for Gladys Aylward to be remembered as she was and not by that movie, which in many cases is all people know of her.

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, I see.Ā  No, thatā€™s what we discussed before, and I agree with you. šŸ˜‰Ā  Thatā€™s why I donā€™t want to watch it.Ā  For some reason I interpreted your previous post to mean that you disliked the fact that they cast a really good actress to play in such an awful film, because if they cast an actress that did a bad job, people wouldnā€™t like the film as much. šŸ˜›

There is one historically inaccurate biographical film that I absolutely love, but thatā€™s probably because I donā€™t like the real story of the person whose life is portrayed and appreciated the changes. šŸ˜€

And then we both like Anastasiaā€¦ šŸ˜‰

Iā€™ll stick to written biographies of Aylward, however.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                                @valtmy
                                  • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @catwing @ariel-ashira

Hey Iā€™ve woken up early and Iā€™m going to tackle some writing today (once I get everything settled down). šŸ˜€ Anyone around?

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 899 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >