Writers' Corner #20

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #20

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 736 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice That is quite interesting.  I think I can count on one hand the number of males I have conversed with on KP.  Let’s see…Daeus, Sam, Ben, Leumeister…yup!  That’s all I can think of.  Oh, and Josiah, of course.  But that’s still on only one hand! 😛

Oh really?  I would be very interested in reading a story of yours that didn’t involve the deaths of several main characters. 😀

😛 Those stories of mine were nearly plotless and there was no character development.  However, they are quite entertaining.

I realized a few days ago that I never completed the comments section of your second draft of Stars.  You wanted it done by the end of August, didn’t you?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Yeah, there seems to be a lot more on Story Embers for whatever reason. In fact, some of the young ladies and one of the young men had a ten-page discussion on chivalry the other day 😀 You probably would have appreciated it!

One day I’ll dig up one that I’m not too embarrassed by and you can read it 😀

The deadline is September 30th 🙂 I would love it if you were able to fill out the questions I sent out as well 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yeah, I was just on Story Embers reading some of the threads.  It looks like a lot of fun.  And I guess it isn’t really all that much bigger than KP used to be.  At least it doesn’t seem so.

The biggest problem other than the actual size of the place is the fact that most of the people there seem to be into fantasy and magic, which as you know is completely against my beliefs.  I’m extremely comfortable here, because everyone that’s left writes mostly realistic fiction.  I feel like I’d have a really hard time if I did join SE because I’d have to wrestle with my beliefs a lot.  On the one hand I could just try to ignore it and only reply to the topics that weren’t fantasy-involved, but that would still be hard.  On the other hand, if I just ignored it I’d feel really guilty because I would be ignoring something that I have very strong convictions about.  But I wouldn’t want to get into long discussions about it on the forums because that’s not what those forums are for.  So…there’s my dilemma.

So here’s a question: Am I correct in what I think I’ve seen on SE?  Do the majority of the people there write fantasy?  How hard do you think it would be for me to join and be able to avoid for the most part the fantasy discussions?

Haha, that would be cool. 😀

Oh, whew!  I still have time.  Good.  I’ll try to get to it soon. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Thinking back, though, I think I’ve managed to have only quite short and reasonable discussions about magic on KP, so I might be able to get along.  I don’t remember getting into any really long serious discussions on the forums.  All the long discussions I can remember were rants and jokes about things most of us agreed on.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I think there would be about the same amount of fantasy writers as there were on here at one stage. There’s a lot, definitely, but there’s quite a lot of other historical fiction or realistic fiction writers as well. And most of the questions don’t seem to pertain directly to fantasy/magic. There have been a few magic questions, but most of them could be easily avoided. Having said that, it depends on whether you want to be surrounded by so many fantasy writers and how that would affect your beliefs. For me, I don’t personally write much fantasy and when I do there’s very little or no magic in it, but I’m don’t necessarily mind being around people who do (within reason, of course!).

Anyway, I think people would be respectful if they knew and I think actual discussions of magic could be quite easily avoided.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Thanks. 🙂 I’ll be thinking about joining SE.  I think the discussions there would probably be useful.  In fact, I was just reading one about a question I had recently.  Did you see the topic about whether a villain is necessary?  I have a couple stories which don’t contain a specific villain, but only an antagonistic situation, or people who act antagonistic but aren’t really antagonists per se.  So I thought that discussion on SE was very interesting.

How’s your research going?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Sorry for disappearing on you. Not sure if you’re still around.

I think so. I should go and check it out again because the novel I’m planning doesn’t really have a villain in it.

Um…yeah…it’s good 😀

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@ariel-ashira @jenwriter17 @alia @valtmy @rochellaine

Anyone around?

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice Hello!  Whatcha workin’ on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Hello! Well, I’m supposed to be working on my novel, but somehow I ended up reading the Girl Defined blog and wondering whether I’m normal or very, very strange.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha!  What’s the blog about?  Never heard of it.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It’s basically about getting back to the way God defined girls to be, most of the posts are about relationships/guys.

It’s fascinating.

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice I just went over there and it does look interesting.

I’m going to disappear for probably half an hour or forty-five minutes.  See you later.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

They write a lot and I can’t decide whether they’re obsessed or helpful.

See you later 😀

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira
                                  • Total Posts: 739

@seekjustice 😉 Okay.  I’ll ignore Pinterest’s ideas of you.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 736 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >