Writers' Corner #12

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #12

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 723 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Well, @seekjustice lives in Australia, where it is 4 in the afternoon XD …Right?

You can pronounce it however you want.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel If you read up a little bit it will make sense!

Especially one that’s just normal looking. I’m not asking too much am I?

Yep! A Tale of Two Cities

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I realised that after I’d written it, but I figured everyone would have enough common sense to work out what I meant 😛

Yeah, I really don’t feel like a modern teen most of the time. Someone will babble on about this bloke who is this and that and who’s goodlooking….and I’ll be clueless. I do know a few though, like I know ALL the names of ALL the actors in the Lord of the Rings and Les Miserables, and a lot of them are still acting (I like being able to recognise Eddie Redmayne and actually know who people are talking about!).

@dekreel
          It’s four thirty, yes!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
          @dekreel

@seekjustice  *reads back a little* Ahh! I see! 😀

What actors do you like? Don’t be afraid to tell me. Nobody knows the name of my favorite actor either X’D

Nooo, no you’re not asking for too much. I would imagine thirty-year-old photos are hard to find, though :\

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice My grandfather used to say “Common sense is very uncommon among the common people.”

Oh, my dad keeps telling me he wants to show me Les Miserables,  I love musicals, but I like them with dialogue.  I do like Hugh Jackman, though, because of his Broadway career.  (Oklahoma!)

@dekreel
              Who is this mysterious actor no one knows the name of?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Heheh, his name is Peter Davison. He’s English. He was in Doctor Who XD He’s quite a talented actor, and I really admire him

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, I just realized something.  I don’t really have any friends who know any actors either.  The people they talk about are Scott Brown, Kevin Swanson, Paul Washer, and Ken Ham.  (It was your “bloke” that reminded me of those “celebrities”, since Ken Ham says that word, and no one else around here does. 🙂 ) Homeschoolers live strange lives.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@dekreel

I like a lot of musical actors–Ramin Karimloo, Sierra Boggess, Michael Crawford, Derek Klena, Christy Altomare, Caroline O’Connor, James Barbour, Samantha Barks, Jeremy Jordan, Ben Fankhauser and a load more. In movies, I like Eddie Redmayne, Hugh Jackman, Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock is one of my favourite tv series!), um, Grant Gustin? And all the Lord of the Rings actors!  I don’t seem to have any favourite female actors when it comes to movies.

Yeah…it’s quite sad really! Pinterest is great for kids, teens and young women, but as soon as your antagonist is thirty-five…well…woe betide you!

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

He’s probably right unfortunately 🙂

haha, yes there’s hardly any dialogue in Les Miserables (actually why I like it! Because there aren’t confusing gaps between the songs, like in other musicals).

I like Hugh Jackman (He’s Australian, one must be patriotic!)  too, just as an actor though. I’ve never been that impressed with his singing, but I keep hearing really good things about the Greatest Showman, so I’ll have to see that soon!

@dekreel
                      I’ve heard of him, actually! (not only because you’ve mentioned him before. I think some of the other Whovians on here were talking about him, but in real life I know a bunch of people obsessed with Dr Who and I’m sure he was brought up. But I get all the Dr actors confused, so it might be a different fellow.

@rochellaine

Is that Ken Ham, as in the apologist? I’ve heard of him before and I’ve read some of his books

Joy
                      @dekreel

@seekjustice  The only one I have heard about from that list is Benedict Cumberbatch… 0_o

I’m sorry, but I am just clueless about musicals…

Yes! Thirty-five-year-olds deserve more respect on Pinterest! *stops before she goes on a useless, clueless rant* X)

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@dekreel Being a Whovian I thought you would have seen Sherlock too! aren’t/weren’t they directed or produced by Steven Moffat and somebody Gatiss? Martin Freeman plays Dr Watson and Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit.

ah no worries. they aren’t for everyone!

I think my character looks something like Idina Menzel, after some consideration. Except dirtier, and kind of angrier too.

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Yeah, Answers in Genesis.  All the guys I mentioned are really “famous” pastors in the homeschool circles in America.  I guess they’re not that well known in Australia?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                            @dekreel

@seekjustice  Sherlock is a fairly new series, right? I actually like seeing the older 1970s-80s Dr Who series better than the current series. That may be partially why I’m clueless about Sherlock

I haven’t seen the Hobbit or LOTR movies either X’)

Have you asked someone to draw her on the Character Xchange? That may be helpful. Unless you’re making a collage/typography thing, in which case…………..

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I haven’t heard of them no. I know some pastors in America, like Louie Giglio and Kevin Miller, but not really that many.

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@dekreel I think it’s from 2010, and it’s finished for the moment. Oh, well that makes sense!

*gasp* *faints* How have you survived here???

No, I haven’t. I should do that!

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 723 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >