Who has a published book out?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Who has a published book out?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

@elfwing Ooof felt that one XDD I mean, at least they’re eager to support you though!

HAHA I hadn’t even thought about it that way but you’re exactly right XD It is very much order-careening-into-chaos XDD

Ahhhh hahahahjanjjm23 nkhjiolkmwq ,ns2ik83jio;2 the fUn part XD I feel you there T_T That’s actually my least favorite part. That and planning. I just wanna writeee not rewriteeee!!

Woohoo!! That’s where I am with my wanna-be-sci-fi XD I’m battling rn between finishing a fantasy I started a while back that I reeeally wanna finish or writing part two…..What’s your opinion on that XD Maybe you’ll help me decide

Girl no problem!! Amazon is the only way I have anything published atm XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@keilah-h aw thanks and you’re welcome! 🙂

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Mary G
        @maryg3
          • Total Posts: 90

Hi @daisy-torres,

I just have an illustrated children’s book, Leo Goes to France. wwwleogoestofrance.com

It’s a story inspired by my cat Leo who loves everything to do with sugar and carbs…Everything but his cat food. Leo runs away to France in search of pastries, pies, and donuts.

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3868

@maryg3 Sounds really cute!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elfwing
            @elfwing

@daisy-torres yeah lol, there’s one family who all wants to read it, and that’s 9 people right there lol. I learn from my friend (one of their 7 daughters) last night that they keep asking her when they can read it lol. Apparently, they’ve been asking ever since they learned I was writing XD that was a birthday present in itself. (my bday is September 9th).

I was in a very anxious low spot with my writing the last few days, and I wanted to give up because I worried people wouldn’t read it, but along came my friend and she told me that and I was so excited! now I have, like, close to 20 people wanting my writing. It has boosted my confidence, which makes me want to go forward in my progress.

Lol that’s what all good books have though, so it must be good 😉

wefhuviweurbvywrwuvntlj3v4iu28qo328 is also my favorite part of writing XD

you know what’s really funny? when you’re writing, but then you start hitting the keys one over to the right or left of the keys you need lolol my friend did that for a whole paragraph or two in the book we’re co-writing and we giggled so hard I ended up choking my hot cocoa out my nose! that’s not ladylike I know. That’s what happens, I suppose, when you’re writing on google docs with your friend at midnight XD

I’d say with the novel, make sure you’d be happy with friends/family reading it, then move on to the 2nd, that way if you want a change of pace, you can do little edits on the 1st one.

That’s what I’d do, mainly because I’ve done it with all my writing; I wrote the ending of my 6 book series before I was done book 3 and it turned out really good because I wrote it at late night, and so the emotion was intense but perfect and I broke my friends’ hearts MWAHAHAHA— er, um, I mean, I must have done something right lol.

Thanks! how does the money/income side of Amazon publishing work? I know I sound ignorant, but I suck at research and was wondering if you have any tips for learning about such things… like pricing and things like that. I do want to make some money off my writing, even though I doubt it’ll be a big income.

Also, and this is so random, but have you heard Comanche (The Brave Horse) By Johnny Horton? I’m not much for old music, but this one I love!

Another song by him that I’ve listened to and got a kick out of is The Battle of New Orleans I’ve got British mom and American dad, so I guess I’m safe laughing at that song. XD  https://youtu.be/__uFnEMJqjg

I know the battle wasn’t funny in any way, but this song… XD

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
              @elfwing

@daisy-torres I can’t find your book art of deception… what’s the author’s name? I’m interested in reading it but can’t find it

Elfwing
                @elfwing

@daisy-torres also, the epic songs that help keep me going are In The Unknown by Volunteers, One Heart by Celine Dion and Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons. I literally listened to those three songs on repeat for an hour while I did editing. XD it did wonders to my worry about my writing

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Elfwing.

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@maryg3 Hi!! Awww I love that idea!! That sounds really adorable. I love all things France and pastries XD I’ll have to look at it!

@elfwing
                    That’s honestly amazing tho XD Oh how cool!! Happy birthday!! (We share a month, actually! My birthday is the 30th. I’ll be turning 18 T_T I’m not ready to be an ‘aDulT’ yetttt helppp meee)

*cough* anyways

Never stop writing!! You may feel discouraged now, but always remember this: We’re young. We have forever for us to get better. Keep going and you’ll learn what works and what doesn’t. Eventually you’ll get something amazing published and people will love it, even if that’s not everyone. Besides, God never lets things go to waste. Remember what Jesus said about the loaves and fishes? He said ‘Gather the crumbs, that none be lost’. I feel like that applies to us as humans, as well. God has given us all gifts and talents that He wants to use to build His kingdom. Don’t give up!

That was long but I really relate to what you’re saying, so I just want to encourage you to not stop XD

Ha, ha, ha. Hardy har har XD It was late for me, if you couldn’t tell XD

HAHA that is AMAZING XD very unladylike but sometimes that comes with the job XD

Ooo I may have to do that! I love breaking the hearts of readers muahah

Noo, you’re fine! So basically, amazon lets you price your books however high you want. If the reader is reading on Kindle Unlimited and is paying per page, you profit off of every page. If they buy your book, you can make most of what your price is (As Amazon makes a tiny portion off of all sales). You can do an ebook or a covered book, but you’ll need to price covered books higher, since Amazon has to earn back their money on printing your book. Pricing should depend on how thick your book is. My book is a novella at 40k words and is about 300 pages long. It is priced at $3, but I honestly don’t know yet what it should be priced at loll XD

Hope that rambling helped XD Feel free to ask any other questions!

I’ve never heard of those! I’ll definitely give them a listen. I have this one I LOVE that is old though. It’s by Gordon Lightfoot and it’s called If You Could Read My Mind. Here’s a link!

Dude your mom is British?? That’s legit!! Do you think you have any kind of an accent? (Sorry, that’s a weird question, but I love accents of basically any kind XD)

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres

@maryg3 Hi!! Awww I love that idea!! That sounds really adorable. I love all things France and pastries XD I’ll have to look at it!

@elfwing
                      That’s honestly amazing tho XD Oh how cool!! Happy birthday!! (We share a month, actually! My birthday is the 30th. I’ll be turning 18 T_T I’m not ready to be an ‘aDulT’ yetttt helppp meee)

*cough* anyways

Never stop writing!! You may feel discouraged now, but always remember this: We’re young. We have forever for us to get better. Keep going and you’ll learn what works and what doesn’t. Eventually you’ll get something amazing published and people will love it, even if that’s not everyone. Besides, God never lets things go to waste. Remember what Jesus said about the loaves and fishes? He said ‘Gather the crumbs, that none be lost’. I feel like that applies to us as humans, as well. God has given us all gifts and talents that He wants to use to build His kingdom. Don’t give up!

That was long but I really relate to what you’re saying, so I just want to encourage you to not stop XD

Ha, ha, ha. Hardy har har XD It was late for me, if you couldn’t tell XD

HAHA that is AMAZING XD very unladylike but sometimes that comes with the job XD

Ooo I may have to do that! I love breaking the hearts of readers muahah

Noo, you’re fine! So basically, amazon lets you price your books however high you want. If the reader is reading on Kindle Unlimited and is paying per page, you profit off of every page. If they buy your book, you can make most of what your price is (As Amazon makes a tiny portion off of all sales). You can do an ebook or a covered book, but you’ll need to price covered books higher, since Amazon has to earn back their money on printing your book. Pricing should depend on how thick your book is. My book is a novella at 40k words and is about 300 pages long. It is priced at $3, but I honestly don’t know yet what it should be priced at loll XD

Hope that rambling helped XD Feel free to ask any other questions!

I’ve never heard of those! I’ll definitely give them a listen. I have this one I LOVE that is old though. It’s by Gordon Lightfoot and it’s called If You Could Read My Mind. I’ll send a link!

Dude your mom is British?? That’s legit!! Do you think you have any kind of an accent? (Sorry, that’s a weird question, but I love accents of basically any kind XD)

Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@elfwing Here’s a link to my book!! That makes me sooo happpy to hear that you want to read it! I hope you enjoy it!! The first 3 chapters are free. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B097NSN7PY

Also the link to that song keeps getting eaten lol. But it’s on Youtube if you’re interested!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Daisy Torres.

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@elfwing Hahaha! I loveee Celine Dion’s ‘My heart will go on’, so I’ll definitely give those a try!! Personally, I find it hard to write with actual songs. I focus easier with instrumental songs. That can vary quite a bit though XD I listen to lofi, classical, indie, gospel instrumentals, Chinese or Irish instrumental folk songs, movie soundtracks, and basically any instrumental from the 40s to early 60s XD My taste in music is a very messy place to go bahaha XD

Mary G
                          @maryg3
                            • Total Posts: 90

@daisy-torres

Aw thanks!☺️ You can find it on my own website: wwwleogoestofrance.com

Or Amazon paperback and Kindle

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Daisy Torres
                            @daisy-torres

@maryg3 Absolutely! *looks* Awww it looks adorable! I love the crescent C in France. It’s a really crepe touch XD

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@daisy-torres Somehow totally missed this topic…but y’all know I have books out…here’s the full list: http://www.amzn.to/3Ae0Wa3

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

E. K. Seaver
                                @e-k-seaver
                                  • Total Posts: 344

I also forgot to link to my book. Oops. https://www.amazon.com/House-That-Didnt-End/dp/1737462303/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+house+that+didn%27t+end&qid=1625841913&s=books&sr=1-1

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                                  ekseaver.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >