Who has a published book out?

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ Book Discussions ā€ŗ Who has a published book out?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Hey, guys!!

I canā€™t promise Iā€™ll get around to it, but Iā€™d like to try (eventually) supporting yā€™allā€™s books out there! Drop a link and maybe a short blurb below <3

Ā 

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@e-k-seaver šŸ˜‰

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Daisy Torres
        @daisy-torres

@scripter-of-kingdoms Very true XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

@daisy-torres I do! Though itā€™s a tad complicated. So full story is this,

I finished the book when I was fourteen and my parents had it published for me as a surprise for my sweet 16! That being said, itā€™s one of those situations where we usually buy them and then get them to others, so I just say it isnā€™t currently being sold. Plus it is practically a first draft but Iā€™m still proud of it.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Daisy Torres
            @daisy-torres

@godlyfantasy12 Awww, thatā€™s such a sweet story tho!! If you ever put it back up, let me know!!!

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3868

I have three! Theyā€™re just picture books, not huge novels or anything, but I enjoyed writing them! Theyā€™re about Rexy, a dinosaur with a speech problem, and the adventures he has. I wrote them for kids with special needs.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elfwing
                @elfwing
                  • Total Posts: 486

@daisy-torres I wish I did. I hope to in the next decade soon XD

do you?

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@keilah-h Awww I love that idea!! I love things that remember kids with special needs. That sounds wonderful!

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres

@elfwing Hahaha XD Iā€™m sure you will!! Just stick with it! I made the mistake of publishing too soon and not building up an awaiting audience first ::::)

I do! I published Era of Shadows on amazon a couple years ago. Itā€™s a medieval Fantasy retelling of Alice in Wonderland, based on the Red Queenā€™s perspective.

Recently (July) I published The Art of Deception, which is on Amazonā€™s Kindle Vella. Itā€™s kind of a wanna-be sci-fi, but itā€™s loosely based off of the French Revolution and it takes a bit to get into the true sci-fi part lol. Idk quite what to call the genre yet XD There are three main characters. It starts from the eldestā€™s perspective who had to step in to take his fatherā€™s place in caring for his family, then it goes into his younger sisterā€™s perspective who is a cyborg, and then it goes to their middle brother who is a tailor and has some serious middle-child-syndrome XD

Do you think youā€™re anywhere near the publishing stage? (Also, Amazon is free to publish on, just in case you didnā€™t know!)

Ā 

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@daisy-torres Thank you! Yeah, Iā€™m on the autism spectrum myself, so I wanted to help show kids that different isnā€™t bad.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@keilah-h That truly is amazing! I love it when Christian writers are able to write from their own experiences to help others with theirs. I wish you the best with your book!! Maybe one of these days Iā€™ll get it for my future kids, if I ever have any XD

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@daisy-torres Ha ha, maybe.

Elfwing
                            @elfwing

@daisy-torres haha that is a problem I am pretty sure Iā€™ll have. I only have about a dozen of people seriously interested in my work, and they insist they will buy copies as soon as possible. That is why I want to publish my series, tbh, so I donā€™t disappoint them. XD (just kidding, I do want to)

ooo your books sound sick! And the siblings sound like order careening into chaosā€¦

Love it! I bet itā€™s epic!!

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not near publishing for donkeyā€™s years yet. XD ok ok, maybe thatā€™s a little extreme, but no, I really donā€™t think I am; Iā€™m only just finished with book one in the grammar part and started on beta reading, and I probably did it too soon at that *smacks head *

But hey, 1 is done, now number two awaits *cringes * but the drafts are done for the most part. just a few loose ends of time points to tie up in the plot since it spans so much time.

ooooo I didnā€™t know that about Amazon! thanks for telling me, Iā€™ll keep that in mind! šŸ™‚

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
                              @elfwing

@keilah-h That is a wonderful thing youā€™re doing, good job and keep it up!

I have preeetty severe ADHD and ADD, which I know isnā€™t the same, but people have treated me like Iā€™m weird because of it and I admit that because of it, I have anger issues with people who are not kind to others.

If you ever read my books youā€™d find a theme throughout of the consequences of bullying those considered odd by the ā€˜normalā€™ people. (Well, I suppose my stories surround those that are the outcasts or shunned by society)

Also, I just wanted to say that children on the autistic spectrum are the smartest kids Iā€™ve met in my life. I know a boy who was doing college-level math at eight. No joke.

I have cared for three (moderate to severe) autistic children, and they are a joy to be around. They have greatly influenced me as a person, and I actually have a character inspired by them in my story.

sorry if that was extreme. I just felt like I had to say that

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Elfwing.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@elfwing That wasnā€™t extreme! It was great! (yeah, a lot of my stories have ā€œweirdā€ characters too, but theyā€™re usually more of the crazy weird kind). And thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >