What are the 1st three things your MC says?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters What are the 1st three things your MC says?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

@gracie-j

LOL yeah! I only read your first book but it was a jolly good read and I hope to read more in the future 😉

*sighs * “three’s a crowd and four’s a mob” as I say. I mean, that’s in reference to children interacting and playing, but it applies to most people and friendships in my experience. Have you ever tried to have a conversation with three other people? the SAME conversation? it’s about as jumbled as the ‘three first lines without context’ XD and as funny (afterward)

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Daisy Torres
      @daisy-torres
        • Total Posts: 691

@kathleenramm Those lines sound amazing XD

@nova21
        Bahaha sure thing! Only, you maay have to jump into the future at least 90 years XD

@devastate-lasting
        Haha thanks! I’m sure she’d love to be yours as well!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@elfwing Ah, thank you! (Hey, you’re more than welcome to read the second one, if you’re interested…)

Haha, so true!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Elfwing
          @elfwing

@gracie-j yes pleassssssse!! XD

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j

@elfwing All right! I’ll send it to you in a bit! 🙂

Elfwing
              @elfwing

@gracie-j Thanks so so so much!!! I look forward to it 🙂

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j

@elfwing Of course! I hope you enjoy it! 😀

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

Okie, I decided to do Paul’s first three lines as well. He’s not a POV character, but I thought it would be fun to see if his lines fit with his personality, and why not share with y’all? Thanks so much @nova21 for this awesome idea !!

“Temira.”

“To speak with you.”

“I know.”

Goodness, he is a man of few words. XD I actually love these first lines, and I think they show his personality really well. He’s soft-spoken, understanding, and empathetic – and I think these lines show that from his first appearance.

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@nova21

This looks so much fun! Thanks for tagging me 🙂 Here’s the first three things the protagonist of my previous WIP, Ilio, says. He’s a sweet, shy, academic boy who also happens to be a werewolf.

1). “Why am I naked?” Hmmm…I promise this makes sense in context.

2). “What has happened to me?”

3). “No.”

Interesting…

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Elfwing
                      @elfwing

@seekjustice

I admit that I laughed out loud reading those and I imagine the first one has to do with the results of said werewolf abilities?

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@elfwing I’m glad I made you laugh. And yes, you would be correct 😝

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12
                            • Total Posts: 6645

Wait so we can share our other POV character’s first lines? I’m in!

This is November’s

“Ara?”

“You okay?” (Omit) “Why are you barefoot?”

”Sounds like fun!”

and Jocelyn’s

“Hello one and all!”

”Ready boy?” (Omit) “Well then, let’s give them a show they won’t forget!

“Sorry!”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

Mary G
                            @maryg3
                              • Total Posts: 90

Ooo!! This is a cool idea! Let me see…

Ok, I got mine! But I skipped her internal dialogue, and chose the lines she says out loud. Also, she lives in 1870 London. In TID, Emilia is shy but resilient. independent (only because she has no choice) curious, sensitive, and kind. And a little defensive at times. She is great at problem-solving too!

“We must catch Sly Jack before the they (police) do!”

“Nothing sir, I just thought I’d best return before too late.”

“Mornin’ Charlie, I’m figuring on go to the Café to spend my sixpence on a meal there, or I might go to the Inn by the livery stable.”

Lmk why you think.

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@maryg3 Interesting!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3875

My character Hunter Starcatcher (my MC Torrent’s father). He mostly appears in memories in the first part of the story. This is when seven-year-old Torrent (she’s sixteen in the story now) wants to ride his swiftbike, which is kind of like the combination of a Tron Lightcycle and a Star Wars speeder bike.

“When you’re a bit taller. Right now you wouldn’t be able to reach the brake pedal.”

“I suppose. But you’ll still have to wait. Swiftbikes are not made for kids. They’re fast and unpredictable.”

“Crosshairs and cutlery, [his favorite expression, don’t ask why] she just won’t give up, will she?”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >