The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@jane-maree  Hehe 😀

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ariella Newheart
      @ariella-newheart
        • Total Posts: 141

This is so great, @dekreel. xD (And reading through the comments, I will just say I had a sneaking suspicion the frog was Anna…. 😉 ) *smirk*

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Ingrid
        @ingridrd
          • Total Posts: 830

@dekreel  Ha!  😂

I’m kinda late to the party, but can I just say: this is priceless!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Joy
          @dekreel

@ariella-newheart  Thank you! So do I *smirks back*

@ingridrd
              Thanks so much!! No worries about being late 😉

Joy
            @dekreel

*tries posting fifth part for the third time* *fails* AAAARGH! SPAM FILTER, WHY!!!!

Joy
              @dekreel

The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part Five: The Cart at the Edge of the Forest

“Wild troll-things?” Jenna wondered to herself as she soared on Kai’s back through the night.

Several minutes later, she was at the edge of the Vivid Green forest, the largest wood on the island. The ankle-high grass shone white under the radiant, full moon (which looked oddly creamy, like ice cream), but in the forest, she could see nothing.

Nearby, Kai huffed noisily. When Jenna looked his way, he was gently shaking a large, dark object with his big paw.

“What is that, Kai?” she watched his scales, which reflected the moonlight, and approached cautiously.

Kai took a breath and blew a brief flame into the air.

Within that one-second time lapse in which she could see clearly, Jenna saw that it was a large wooden cart. It seemed to be loaded with burlap sacks. She came up to it and ran her fingers along the outside, outlining its length and height inside her head.

Kai nudged her, and then puffed a very short flame, revealing a rope chain hanging off a corner of the cart. On each loop of the chain hung around eight lanterns.

“Well why didn’t you show me sooner?!” she glared comically at the dragon and snatched up a lantern. She opened the glass chimney, exposing the wick inside, and held it up to Kai’s nose.

Kai puffed again, and lit the lantern.

“Thank you!” Jenna whispered. She held the lantern high and studied the cart further.

WHOOSH!  Kai suddenly lifted into the air and started flying back in the direction of the castle.

“Wait! Kai! I thought you were helping!” Now Jenna was despairing. Not only was she about to venture into a troll-infested forest, but she was about to venture into a troll-infested forest alone.

She looked up at the sacks piled up in the cart, and puffed noisily.

She would have to do it.

Besides, Daeus and Kate said that she would have help. They wouldn’t lie.

Right?

She walked to the front of the cart and discovered a rope tied tightly to the planks. Perfect.

She picked up the rope, and then peered back into the dense, dark forest. No trolls. No monsters. Just harmless, chirping crickets.

She tugged a bit at the rope, but she didn’t move.

“The coast is clear, the coast is clear, the coast is clear. Come on, Trapperton, you have to do this. Two thousand GIFs, one short night. Come on, Jenna!”

She tugged a bit more at the cart, and as its momentum built, she started to walk.

All of her senses were turned up high. Her breathing wavered and her eyes darted everywhere for signs of danger. As she approached an arrow-shot away from the edge of the forest, she felt herself growing more confident… and more impatient.

She was in.

There were densely-packed trees above her, low branches around her, leaves beneath her, and darkness from every direction. Crickets chirped everywhere, occasionally accompanied by the hooting of an owl, or the call of some small animal. The air was cool yet humid, and still carried a hint of that tangy smell of rain.

Jenna took a quick breath of this air and then turned to the cart to unload the first bag of GIFs. Suddenly, she froze, and her heart did a flip in her chest, when she saw, crouched upon the cart, a dog-like figure.

Its long fangs were bared. Its ears twitched. And, worse of all, those eyes – those heart-stopping, glowing green circles – stared hungrily at Jenna.

Jenna barely kept herself from dropping the lantern. She slowly backed away, gasping for breath as if the air was the only thing that could save her. She tripped on a tree root that jutted out of the ground, and fell onto her back.

The lantern went out.

The glowing-eyed dog lunged.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN…

Starring Jenna, Kai, and the glowing-eyed dog.

@daeus
                @dragon-snapper @ariella-newheart @aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @supermonkey42 @aratrea @perfectfifths @seekjustice @jane-maree @audrey-caylin @ethryndal @waterlily @introvert_girl @princessfoo @catwing @jenwriter17 @skredder @rochellaine @kate-flournoy @jenali @everyone

And yes, I am aware of how late it is…

*blinks*     *blinks again*                     *passes out in sleepiness*

SleepwalkingMK
                @sleepwalkingmk
                  • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel Mwuhahaha! The perks of being international, when I can be one of the first to read this new installment 😀 Sleep well 😉

BUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Grace H.
                  @gh24682468999
                    • Total Posts: 199

@dekreel Calling that big of a cliff-hanger ‘boring’ is the new sort of writing-related self-deprecation 😀 I hope you are well rested when you see this again. Speaking of cliff-hangers, when is the next part coming out? 😛 Can’t wait to see what’s happening next.

Is the glowing-eyed dog somehow related to someone/someone’s creature on the Forum?

And I didn’t reply to your last one, but the Daniel-Josiah dynamic was spot-on. 🙂

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                    literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Ben Powell
                    @supermonkey42
                      • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel

😉

Oh, and there is a word for the smell that comes right after it rains—petrichol. The smell’s caused by an oil (petrichol) that rises from the ground.

And this has been your random fact of the day. 😀

A Kapeefer for life!
                      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Joy
                      @dekreel

@sleepwalkingmk  Thank you. I got six and a half hours of sleep. 😛

Wait, where do you live?! you said you were international…

Wait and SEEEEE!

@gh24682468999
                          Well, #1: I was tired, and #2: Practically no one except Jenna was in it. That’s what makes it boring. The ending is exciting. XP

I shall post the next part probably this weekend.

@supermonkey42
                          HAHA, where’s that GIF from?!

… *cocks head at random randomness*  Interesting! I didn’t know that

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42
                          • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel The GIF is from The Croods.

Oops. I spelled it wrong the first time. It’s petrichor with an ‘r.’ 🙂

A Kapeefer for life!
                          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 😀 😀 Glowing-eyed dogs always be epic

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

SleepwalkingMK
                            @sleepwalkingmk
                              • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel Tsk, tsk. That doesn’t cut it. Authors need a full eight hours too, y’know 😉

I live in Romania 🙂 So I’m 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

*sighs* Okay. Looking forward to the weekend, then 😀

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Skredder
                              @skredder
                                • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Oh! Interesting! I like this! Such a wonderful cliffhanger!! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Aislinn Mollisong
                                @aislinn-mollisong
                                  • Total Posts: 445

@dekreel BRAVO, MISS CHASM BEAST! Or are you Jenna now….ah, who cares. Great job!

ENTP, Aether-borg Hero with cape obsession and fascination with swords.
                                  https://forums.theaetherli

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >