The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel ah, writing stories about me again huh?

…I’m just kiddin’ 😛 I loved this! <3

pulled a cliff-hanger too……:)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jenna Terese.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@sleepwalkingmk  *sigh*  Yeah, I know. It doesn’t help that I come from a family of all-nighters.

That’s so cool!!

One more reason to love weekends! Because Dekreel posts another part of the KPA then 😉

@skredder
          Why thank you! 😀

@aislinn-mollisong
          Nope, my name is not Jenna. 😛 Thank you, Miss Mollisong! *bows*

@jenwriter17
          Hah, good guess! XP Actually I plan to make you a horse because of your profile picture. Unless you object (and totally let me know if you do, because I’d be more than happy to change your identity for you! 😉 ).

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel I always say yes to horses *nods* 😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Ariella Newheart
          @ariella-newheart
            • Total Posts: 141

@sleepwalkingmk Oh, that’s really cool. 😀 I used to know someone who was from Romania.

@dekreel
            Oooo it just keeps getting better! *two thumbs up*

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Anne of Lothlorien
            @anne-of-lothlorien
              • Total Posts: 440

How have I missed this?

Oh, cause I don’t have internet most days. That.

Anyways…

This. Is. AWESOME! Any Kapeefer stories are amazing!

Have you guys who run this place realized something? We have our own fan-fiction!!!

@supermonkey42
              This is too hilarious… “@aratrea is definitely the best character tho. Kind of like Obi-Wan, just with a frog on his head.” Best description of the Wiser ever.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Catwing
              @catwing
                • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel I liked it. Can I guess who the creature is? I think I know. :3

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Joy
                @dekreel

@catwing  I was wondering when someone would finally figure it out! XD

You can guess, but don’t say it aloud. I want to keep it a secret until I post the next part. Why? Because I am highly amused…

Ariella Newheart
                  @ariella-newheart

@dekreel *peeks out of shadows* You mentioned character notes on that other topic. Do your notes happen to contain any information about Mindy, Ariella’s little black and white guardian cat who sits on her shoulder so that she can launch herself at people if they appear suspicious or dangerous? (She can also sorta understand people, which is a bonus. 😉 )

Joy
                    @dekreel

@ariella-newheart  Mindy?? *cocks head* Huh! I’d never heard of her before… I haven’t even heard about her from stalking the Aetherlight forums. All right, taking note, thanks!

Ariella Newheart
                      @ariella-newheart

@dekreel Weeeeellll….she’s not Ariella Newheart‘s little guardian, she’s Ariella of Dragon Scars‘s (who is on my profile pic) little guardian. Since they have the same name, they kinda meld together in my brain. 😛

Now where’s Mindy? *looks around* MINDYYYYY!

*awkward silence*

Oh, I think I know what the problem is. She isn’t on my profile pic. *walks away to puzzle over this problem*

Joy
                        @dekreel

@ariella-newheart  Ahh XD

Who is Ariella of Dragon Scars?

Catwing
                          @catwing

@dekreel I’ve been wondering too! *grins* okay… :3
                            /\____/\
                            | . . |
                            \__/\__/ It’s a cat! [That was very random. :P]

Catwing
                            @catwing

*groans* It messed up my kitty! *sobs*
                              Why did you crush his poor little head? You horrible autocorrect!!!

Ariella Newheart
                              @ariella-newheart

@dekreel She’s the MC of my WIP. I made a character collage for her once upon a time (it’s about here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/characterfiction-inspired-typographyart/page/58/#post-63769)

First link on KP! *throws cookies to celebrate*

Joy
                                @dekreel

The Gif-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part Six: The Green-Eyed Bumbler

“Hi there! You must be Jenna!”

Jenna’s shivering softened a little, but she didn’t dare move, or open her eyes. Who said that? Where was the dog creature?

“Are you all right?” said the voice, clearly concerned.

She heard footsteps approaching her, crunching leaves as they came, and stopping near her face. “Jenna?” The voice was just above her.

Jenna peaked her eyes open, and the first thing she saw was those ghastly, glowing eyes. She cried out and covered her face with her arm.

“I’m not going to hurt you! Don’t be afraid! I… Ohh, it’s these eyes, isn’t it?”

Jenna hesitantly glanced back at the creature. Its eyes – her eyes, apparently – now that the lantern was snuffed out, were the only things she could see. She stared silently.
                                  “Sorry about that,” the creature continued, “I can’t help that they glow in the dark. It’s been frightening the animals! Ohh, the downsides of being a Chasm Beast…” She took a moment to sigh. “Anyway, do you need your lantern back on? I can see just fine, but I don’t know how well you can.”

“Um… s-sure,” she whispered, her chin quivering.

The creature smiled (although Jenna didn’t see it), stood up and walked away. Jenna sat up and watched the dog thing’s moon-cast figure (or her eyes) as she walked up to the cart. When she crouched next to it, within the shadows cast by the moon, Jenna could hardly see her. But she could hear her grunting and rustling around. After a few moments, the eyes turned back to Jenna and eerily rose into the air. She walked back and sat down on her knees near Jenna, retrieved the lantern, and then seemed to work at something in her hands.

Chhck! The warm glow of the lantern illuminated the creature’s face, revealing what looked like a two-legged, light-brown wolf with a head of long, brown hair, and clothing. She handed the lantern to Jenna, who managed to muster a wavering “Thank you.”

“My pleasure!” The wolf flashed a large, fanged smile.

“W-Who are you?”

“My name is S.F. Dekreel. Pleasure to meet you!” She stuck out a paw. Jenna took it warily and tried not to grimace from the claws as she shook it.

“So…” Jenna said, trying to ignore those creepy eyes that were staring at her intently, “Why are you here?”

“Why, King Daeus has sent me to help you hide GIFs, of course!”

“Oh!” She raised her eyebrows. “Oh…!”

“You do, need help, right?”

Jenna was dubious and nervous. This creepy wolf-person-thing with glowing eyes was supposed to help her?! Then again, wasn’t weirdness an element of this unique Kingdom? A dragon who melted chairs, a bird that could cut in fifths, a girl with an arm that could shoot fireballs, a sarcastic elf, a paper crane army, a Wiseman with a frog, the Wiseman with the frog’s brother……

“Yeah, sure I could use some help.” She mustered a smile.

“Excellent! Here, let’s each take a sack from the cart.”

They each pulled a couple sacks, which were oddly light, from the top of the cart, and dispersed among the trees.

After wedging a Lord of the Rings GIF into a low-hanging branch, she turned to the wolf-girl and asked, “So, S.F., what kind of creature are you exactly?”

“Two things,” the beast answered, “Number One: Call me Dekreel. First names come last where I come from. And Number Two: I am a Chasm Beast from deep within the Red Chasms of Taranar. Oh, and I’m not a wolf. Don’t call me a wolf, because I’m not.” She shot Jenna a little warning look.

It was easy to get unsettled by those eyes. “I won’t – don’t worry!”

They continued to hide GIFs as Dekreel replied, “Thank you! I do look like a wolf, which often causes confusion. I even call myself a wolf sometimes. I’d be thinking to myself about whatever, and somewhere in there I’d refer to myself as a wolf, right? And then I would go, ‘No, Dekreel, what are you thinking?! See this tail? Does it look like a wolf tail to you?!’” She turned and swished her tail around for Jenna to see. Indeed, it resembled a cat’s tail instead of a wolf’s.

“I wouldn’t think it looks like a wolf’s tail. Therefore, I’m not a wolf. I am a Chasm Beast. The third to emerge from the Chasms in all of history, in fact! Chasm Beasts are naturally evil down there, you know. And I mean evil. Hundreds of times more merciless and bloodthirsty than, say, Shakespeare’s Richard III! I’ve never quite figured out who rescued me from the Chasms (If, indeed, I was rescued). I’ve always wanted to know…”

It took almost ten minutes for Dekreel’s bumbling phase to finally dwindle, but Jenna did go through one and a half sacks of GIFs as she listened. Progress!

“Am I… talking too much, Jenna?” Dekreel asked in a slight whisper after finally trailing off.

“Huh? Oh, no, it’s fine. I like listening to you talk!” Besides, she added to herself, it sure helps time fly by.

“Good. Despite the fact that I recently earned the ranking of Eccentric Mentor, sometimes I think I deserve to still be a Bumbling Henchman. I mean, I’ve only lived on this island for what, five months? And now look at me! It has to be a record! I find myself lurking around a lot, long after everyone’s asleep, and … Ohh, here I go again. Bumbling away like a Bumbling Henchman…”

The next few hours of the night were generally uneventful. Jenna and Dekreel found many, many places to hide the GIFs, and they talked along the way. Jenna was finally relaxed, and found herself talking to her new friend as if she didn’t have a snout or glowing eyes in the first place.

Starring Jenna and the “glowing-eyed dog”

Disclaimer: I had no intention of condemning myself as I wrote this

@dragon-snapper
                                    @supermonkey42  @sam-kowal  @ariella-newheart  @aislinn-mollisong  @daughteroftheking  @skredder  @rochellaine  @jenwriter17  @clairec  @catwing  @anne-of-lothlorien  @daeus  @epicaddie2  @itisastarrynight  @jenali  @kapeefers…

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >