The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Jane Maree
    @jane-maree
      • Total Posts: 909

@Dekreel oh my word but YES, JANE HAS HER PRIORITIES RIGHT. Everyone else: *doing stuff* Jane: “um guys…PIZZA’S GETTING COLD.” XD

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@jane-maree  X’D Sounds like you, indeed! In fact I sort of wish I’d mentioned it more often. There’s always the last part…

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
        @dekreel

The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part the Last: Joy, Mirth, and Acclamation

“Three…”

It was noon. The public Easter worship service at the castle Regnis had recently come to a close. Creamy clouds slid across the sky, and The Raspberry Sun shone upon the Kingdom of Pen, bringing refreshing warmth.

“…Two…”

Jenna was lounging in a lawn chair (which Snapper mercifully let her use until after the GIF-hunt), and Dekreel was sprawling on the grass right next to her. Both were contentedly watching the rest of the Kapeefers, as they lined up at the edge of the Vivid Green forest, where, thirteen hours earlier, Jenna had first found the cart. It seemed like weeks ago.

“…One…”

The hunting Kapeefers were poised to run, like contestants in an Olympian track race, and with looks of excitement and anticipation on their faces. Baskets in hand (or claw or paw or neck, etc.), they eagerly and hungrily awaited for the final word.

“… GO!!” screamed Daniel DeGrande into his extension cord. And the race was on! The Kapeefers poured into the forest, whooping and yelling and laughing joyously. So joyously that Jenna and Dekreel, the bystanders, joined in the noises of mirth, joy and acclamation.

Meanwhile, Daniel, with the help of one of Shannon’s flying machines, hovered over the trees, observing the hunt excitedly.

“The Gandalf GIF is found by Kaya Young, and the BB-8 GIF by Warren Luther! How perceptive! SeekJustice finds a Star Trek GIF, what a— oh, my puppies, it’s intercepted by N.C.!! Remarkable move!! And it looks like SeekJustice ends up with a Les Mis GIF – It’s a win-win. A Princess Bride GIF that no one sees. Many are passing by it, it doesn’t like— Oh, can it be! Emily found it! Uncanny observation, she has…”

Jenna licked her lips as she watched, savoring with delight the remnant chocolaty taste on her tongue. It was enchanted ice cream that didn’t melt in the Sun, of which Daeus had given each GIF-hider a quart as a reward. Not even the tough-hearted Xonos Darkgrate had refused such a scrumptious treat.

“So what do you think, Jenna?” asked Dekreel to Jenna between fits of chuckling, “Was this worth it?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, spending all night hiding two thousand GIFs, accompanied by over a dozen crazy beings. Is it worth it to see all that work being snatched up before your eyes?”

Jenna gazed at the forest thoughtfully. She could see people and creatures moving among the trees, hunting relentlessly for stray GIFs. She could see the upper branches and leaves rustling as small climbing and flying individuals, plus a giraffe, searched higher up. She could see Snapper, Catwing, Jen the Steampunk Horse, and other flying creatures, surveying the forest from above like hawks. She could tell, even from far off, that they all had irremovable smiles on their faces. She could hear the jubilant cries of the hunters as they continued unearthing GIFs, and Daniel’s amusing and spunky commentaries.

Joy. Pure Joy.

Jenna smiled. “Yeah, it’s totally worth it.”

Dekreel chuckled. “I agree. You think you want to do it again next year?’

“I don’t know. Maybe. Although, watching them makes me want to be a hunter.”

“I’m glad I’m not the only one!” said Dekreel, chuckling again.

“You gonna join them?”

“Naw. There’s no fun in finding GIFs if you already know where you hid them.”

“Yeah, me neither.”

Then a silence lingered between the two, thankfully not an awkward one. Jenna used this opportunity to lean back, close her eyes, and listen heartily to the merry hunters. Yeah, I think I’m up for serving the Kingdom again. She thought with a grin. Then she yawned. Just not in the middle of the night.

She closed her sleepy eyes, and felt herself drift to sleep. She still heard the excited voices of the hunters, as well as the rustling of the tall, soft-looking grass, and the trees of the Vivid Green. She heard the wingbeats of dragons and the buzz of nearby insects. She caught the crisp scent of the sea being carried by the breeze.

She smiled sleepily. And that’s why this is the bestistest place in the Universe.

Starring Jenna, @the-real-kapeefer, the hunters, and the “glowing-eyed dog.”

With references to @kaya-young  @warrenluther04  @xonos-darkgrate  @daughteroftheking  @emily  @dragon-snapper  @jenwriter17  @catwing  @seekjustice  @daeus

@rochellaine
            @aislinn-mollisong  @skredder  @destiny  @ariel-ashira  @ingridrd  @jane-maree  @ariella-newheart  @kate-flournoy  @supermonkey42  @sam-kowal  @ethryndal  @everyone…

It’s a wrap!! WOO-HOO! *dances around excitedly*

Happy Easter everyone!!! HE IS RISEN!

Ben Powell
          @supermonkey42
            • Total Posts: 273

Such contented joy…it brings a smile to my face. Wonderful ending, @dekreel . Now I’m feeling sentimental. 🙂

May I just say: KP is awesome.

Thanks for the stories, and we’ll see you in a few months.

And, yes, HE IS RISEN INDEED!!

A Kapeefer for life!
            Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
            @skredder
              • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Yes! This was awesome and amazing and beautiful! Thank you for such a wonderful and amazing story! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@dekreel  HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!!  This story made me just a little happy inside today.  Okay.  A lot happy inside.  🙂 🙂 😀

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Joy
                @dekreel

@supermonkey42  Yes, good choice of words. This morning I was hiding eggs for kids, and I felt just about the same way. 😉

Yes, awesome. Why do you think I call it the “bestest place in Cyberspace?” XD

You’re welcome! I shall be looking forward to my return

@skredder
                    You’re welcome!! I’m glad you like it. 😀

@ingridrd
                    Thank you! Yes, same here! This story, and every time I get to hide eggs/GIFs for kids/Kapeefers.

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17
                    • Total Posts: 2522

@dekreel this story made me so happy! I love that ending 😄❤️❤️❤️Thank you so much for writing this series <3 Yes, He is risen indeed!!!!!

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                    www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                    @dekreel

@jenwriter17  Ohhh, thanks!!

My pleasure!! I didn’t know it would be so lengthy. XD

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal
                        • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 😀 This was an amazing ending to the Kingdom Pen Adventure. Thanks for writing this awesome series.

And that’s why this is the bestistest place in the Universe.

😀 It is! And yes, He Is Risen. Looking forward to you coming back after your hiatus Dekreel, and Stan is, too

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ariel Ashira
                        @ariel-ashira
                          • Total Posts: 739

@dekreel. I love it!!!  What an awesome, satisfying ending!  That was awful nice of Snapper to let Jenna use the chair. 😀 CHRIST IS RISEN!  JESUS CONQUERED DEATH!!!  Hope the rest of you kapeefers have a wonderful day!

"In a mask, was he?"

Daeus
                          @daeus
                            • Total Posts: 4238

@dekreel As a connoisseur of endings, I have to say you did a great job. Now I love Kingdom Pen even more. 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy
                            @dekreel

@sam-kowal  Thank you!!

I’ll look forward to seeing you two again, as well. I can’t wait to see how Stan has grown (or shrunk…)

@ariel-ashira
                                Thanks a lot!! Ahhhh, satisfying endings…

@daeus
                                Was it that good? Awwww, thanks!!

Daeus
                              @daeus
                                • Total Posts: 4238

@dekreel Well, not as good as Cry The Beloved Country or Dreamlander, but, you know, pretty good. Lots of happiness vibes.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gloria Oldenpinner
                                @foreverme
                                  • Total Posts: 15

@dekreel this story is amazing, you did a wonderful job! You displayed emotion very well, and it made me laugh more than once! XD Sorry I didn’t end up seeing it until now, I need to get on Kingdom Pen more often. 😛

I'm an ENFP-J, and I love chocolate and books. Among other things.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >