The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@gh24682468999  Thank you! Yes, my eyes don’t normally come up in everyday conversation. Soooo this was perfect 😀

@sam-kowal
         Ohh, you haven’t seen interesting yet XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

SleepwalkingMK
      @sleepwalkingmk
        • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel Oh my goodness. This just gets better and better! That wordplay on the bumbling henchman was perfect.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Joy
        @dekreel

@sleepwalkingmk  Haha, thanks! XD

Catwing
          @catwing
            • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel *grins* I liked it.
            The reason I guessed it was you was because it said wolf-like. You’re the only wolf-like Kapeefer. And Why would she not think wolf? So something was different. *shrug*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Joy
            @dekreel

The GIF-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part Seven: Dog, Cat, and Squirrel

“So, Jenna?” began Dekreel after their previous conversation had petered.

“Yeah?”

“What do you like to write?”

Oh, no, <i>that<i> question. She sighed a little. “Umm… several things, I guess.”

“Anything you’re working on?”

“… Not really. I write random essays. And I journal.” She hated how unprofessional she sounded. Why was she here? She wasn’t writing a novel, and her poetry was as lame as soy ice cream. And anyone could journal.

Dekreel chuckled, “Pretty much the same with me, actually.”

Jenna raised her eyebrows at her in mild surprise. “Really?”

“Of course! Random poems (most of which are haikus), a diary…”

“You don’t have a… big project?”

“Well, I have this novella. But my protagonist, Alfred, just won’t listen to me! I tell him ‘I command you to describe the deserts of Taranar,’ and he’s like, ‘Nope.’ *sighhh…* now I know what it’s like for my character to turn his back on me! So as of now… Nothing huge.”

“Ohh, huh…”

“Why?”

“Oh, well, I…” she fiddled with a flashing Star Wars GIF and fumbled for words. “I just thought… Is this a professional place?”

“Professional?”

“I mean… do you have to be writing something?”

Dekreel’s eyes grew round. “Uhh, no, I highly doubt it. But you write! You write poetry and you journal.”

“I mean, everyone here is writing a novel or something. Do I…” She trailed off at a sudden rustling noise nearby.

They looked where the noise was coming from. Nothing stirred.
              “It was probably nothing,” murmured Dekreel after a few moments.

A whoosh above their heads.

Dekreel sniffed the air. Jenna raised the lantern up in the trees hoping to see something, but couldn’t see a thing except branches, leaves, and a puppy GIF. “What was it?” she whispered.

“Who knows. Could’ve just been an owl.”

“For all I know, it could’ve been a troll-thing!”

“If it were a troll-thing, one would be able to tell.”

“BOO!”

Both girls jumped; Jenna nearly dropped the lantern.

Dekreel recovered and groaned. “Catwing…”

“Hi!” A black cat grinned with a grin the size of a banana.

“You knew that would scare her.”

“That was the point, silly!” replied the cat, staring at Dekreel with round, yellow eyes. “Why else would I sneak up on someone and say ‘boo’?!’”

“Yes…” Dekreel sighed, “Jenna, this is Catwing. Catwing, Jenna.”

“Hullo, Jenna!” the cat blinked and smiled at her.

“Hi,” Jenna waved. It was odd talking to a cat.

“I was sent to help you, too.”

“Really?”

“Yup! I can do treetops.”

“Thanks.” Jenna wanted to ask if she would need any help getting back down, but she shut her mouth and shook her head.

Besides, this cat had wings.

Jenna watched in awe as Catwing extended her furry, black wings, whose span was at least four yards and glided down to the top of the cart. She picked out a few GIFs from an open sack, and bolted into the treetops.

“Whoa, hang on!” Dekreel took a few steps forward. “Catwing, not everyone can climb! How are people going to reach those?”

“Not everyone can climb, but some can! And some can fly like me! I’m not hiding all of them up here,” she exclaimed snarkily.

“Juuuust checking,” the Beast sighed.

“There you guys are!” came another voice. This time, a dog with big, pointed ears came bounding for them. Another lantern from the cart hung from her neck.

“Hey, Skredder!” Dekreel greeted, “How are you doing?”

“Heyo! I’m fine. Ready to hide some GIFs!”

Catwing peered down at the dog from upon the tree, narrowed her eyes at her, and said, “Got lost, Skredder?”

Skredder glared back, “No! I’m just late, that’s all.”

“Chasing squirrels, were you?”

“Catwing, squirrels don’t come out at night!” Dekreel said, rolling her eyes, a smile playing at her lips.

Catwing cackled and disappeared among the leaves once more.

“Sorry about that, Skredder,” Dekreel said with a sigh. “Jenna, will you show her to the cart, please?”

As they trotted to the cart, Jenna asked Skredder, “So you’re helping hide the GIFs?”

“Yep!”

“So everyone here is a GIF-hider?”

“Well, Daeus elects different hiders every year. Usually Emma is the leader. But since she’s busy, I guess you’re the leader.”

“Leader?!”

“Yeah.”

“I don’t know how to be a GIF-hider-leader!”

“Actually you’re doing it quite well. Our role is to watch where the leader enters the forest, and where and when she starts hiding, and then help!”

“But why did Daeus choose me, a commoner, when he could have easily chosen one of his subjects?” she asked as she pulled out a Toy Story GIF and slipped it under a rock.

“Because he cares about everyone! We’re practically all his subjects, even if we don’t live in the castle! He is so loving to everyone in the Kingdom! And also, because he knew you would enjoy it. Who wouldn’t?”

Jenna pondered what Skredder had said. She was enjoying it. Hiding GIFs alongside fascinating creatures was something she had never dreamed she would be doing. She chuckled at the thought of it.

She loved it. It was comical, diverse, and awesome.

“Skredder! You left me behind!” came a squeaky voice.

A brown squirrel bounded onto Skredder’s neck.

“Valentine! Hello!” Skredder greeted, “I didn’t know you were coming!”

“Of course I was coming! Daeus elected me!”

“I thought you said you were tired after that photo shoot!”

“I was. And I got some sleep. But I wouldn’t miss this opportunity for the world!”

Jenna watched the pair with a smirk of fascination. A dog and a squirrel. Could this place possibly get more delightful?

Dekreel noticed the pair, too. “Hey, Catwing! Who says dogs chase squirrels?”

Catwing emerged from above again, saw Skredder and Valentine, and laughed. “That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen!”

Skredder glared, a growl playing at her throat.

Catwing stopped laughing when she saw Valentine cower slightly and said, “It’s okay, squirrel, I won’t eat you. Instead I shall watch your friendship with a dog with amusement.”

“Cats…” Skredder sighed and continued hiding GIFs.

Starring Jenna, @catwing, @skredder, @mnvalentine, and the “glowing-eyed dog.”

Tags: @daughteroftheking  @daeus  @dragon-snapper  @sam-kowal  @kate-flournoy  @supermonkey42  @rochellaine  @jenwriter17  @warrenluther04  @aislinn-mollisong  @ariella-newheart  @emma-flournoy  @ethryndal  @graciegirl  @seekjustice  @jenali  @sleepwalkingmk  @jane-maree  @perfectfifths  @everyone 🙂

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

Excuse me? Are you insinuating that soy ice cream is lame? It’s very helpful for those of us who *sniffs* cannot devour regular icecream. Actually, coconut cream ice cream is better.

But my protagonist, Alfred, just won’t listen to me! I tell him ‘I command you to describe the deserts of Taranar,’ and he’s like, ‘Nope.’

I relate way too much.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                @dekreel

@seekjustice  Ohh, goodness. Sorry about that! I… just went off of the scene in Snapper’s LOKD where Daeus faints of soy ice cream… 0.0

Wow. Sorry about that!

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@dekreel

You’re forgiven. I don’t actually like soy ice cream. Coconut ice cream is really good though 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                    @dekreel

@seekjustice  I take it you’re lactose intolerant? (Should I even be asking…?)

I’ve never tried coconut ice cream. Does it taste like coconut?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Joy.

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@dekreel

Yeah 🙁

Not really…I guess it sort of does, being coconut milk and all, but I think it tastes good and you can usually substitute it for real cream and you can’t really tell the difference.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice @dekreel I’m also allergic to dairy, but I don’t eat soy or coconut ice cream.  I eat goat milk ice cream!  It’s amazing.  (I agree that soy ice cream isn’t that great.)

@dekreel
                          Love the new installment!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine @dekreel I drank goats milk for a bit, but never really took to it. I did a completely diary free month and drank soy and rice milk, but I’m currently just on a lactose free diet so I drink lactose free milk. You can get lactose free ice cream too, but it’s really expensive.

Joy
                            @dekreel

@rochellaine  Goat milk! Huhhh, I’ve never heard of goat milk ice cream…

And next they’ll be inventing puppy milk ice cream… Namely, Daniel. XD

Catwing
                              @catwing
                                • Total Posts: 2557

@dekreel Yay! You had a part with me in it!!!
                                Prepare for lecture, critique, and opinions!

I am really snarky? I apologize.

Okay… Anyway. I’m scheming but not evil. 😼

I really like that fact. Catwings, the felines who don’t get stuck in trees. 😸
                                Four yards?! 12 feet?! That’s longer than two peoples (Most people are 5 something I think). Catwing wing spans are anywhere from 2-5 feet. Mine is actually about 4. Which is still pretty big. (there is a bird that’s wingspan is 6 feet it is big.) Most house cats are about 2 feet long counting their tail. If my wings were 12 feet I couldn’t lift them… That’s 6X as long as me! (unless you picture me the size of a tiger. Tigerwings have massive wingspans) [It has now been confirmed I really really like flying things and feathers and cats.]

But yes, squirrels come out at night. When you chase them. That’s why I cackled. Maybe I knew about Valentine… 😹

Funny thing. My cat gets along with our dogs. One of them plays with him. I actually really like watching odd pairs of animals. Cats and birds. Dogs(or cats) and hamsters. Massive snake and bird. Weirdest one is still the tortoise on a leash.
                                And I like dogs. I do not like snakes!
                                Though it would be amusing to watch a dog and a squirrel.

Also I don’t eat cute things. I would chase a squirrel or bird though if I caught I would release it. [have you been to the beach? I have. The sandpipers beg to be chased. Pigeons to be followed. Even if you aren’t a Catwing. 🙂 This has happened. In real life.]

If you don’t understand cats I highly recommend checking out a book on how to ‘speak’ cat. [these do exist in real life.] I could go on…

Also I messed up on my signature. Sort of. I didn’t know how to put it though. Because I’m a Cheshire Catwing. So. Yeah. I can vanish.

I ranted!!!!!!! *is way too excited*

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Joy
                                @dekreel

@catwing  Oh, goodness. Critiques from Catwing…

Hey, I’m no mathematician XD

Fair enough. I will, um… keep all that in mind! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >