The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    Linus Smallprint
    @linus-smallprint
      • Total Posts: 395

@ellette-giselle

Yes, I am also the eldest sibling.

Linus Smallprint
      @linus-smallprint

@theducktator

Are you the eldest child? (The reason I ask is that some of Martha’s frustrations come from me being the eldest child, and I am wondering if people who are not eldest children also find her relatable.)

Also, it sounds like you have read everything I have posted so far. I take it you do much to say, but I am curious to know what your thoughts are so far.

Linus Smallprint
        @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h

Thank you for mentioning that. I see your confusion. I might use Furr, since I don’t think I have used that as a name in this story. I also may add a sassy note from the narrator that will be something like the following:

(No, not Nehss as in the soldier we met earlier, this is a different Nesss. While spelling varies, it is a very common name for lyenesses. Try to keep up already.)

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 4721

@linus-smallprint Perfect! The sassy editor’s note makes it even better lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle
              • Total Posts: 1072

@linus-smallprint

Knew it. You seem like one. I would have been surprised if you weren’t.

Ugh, the roll modal thing HURTS!! It’s so hard because when you fail you feel like you double failed.

I want an older brother sooooo baaaaddddd!!! *sobs*

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Ellette Giselle
              @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

btw, you asked for song ideas for your character playlist.

here are some that I collected while listening to my playlists. I haven’t got a lot, but they were just ideas. If you like them then great! If not, that’s fine. I’ll send more if I think of any, if you want me to. If not, no worries. Just let me know.

Alan Theme : h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZQVHAWWhA

Love interest theme: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXwjxa-J_k

Happiest Part: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmi7hHjGJQs

Saddest Part: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjKDxWhPJqU

Stephie
                @stephie
                  • Total Posts: 89

@ellette-giselle

Yeah, the eldest sister thing does kind of suck sometimes. Especially when I mess up over a long period of time (I’m looking at you, twelve year old Stephie) and I’m afraid it’ll rub off on them. And the imitation thing.

Don’t even get me started on the imitation.

BUT I’m the one who’s going to get my own room after the renovations, so I guess it’s worth it. *Smirks in my younger sisters’ direction* And I got to hold them as babies, but was too young to change their diapers, so there. MDR

@linus-smallprint

I’ve read everything up until now and am patiently (read: impatiently) awaiting the next chapter. I love the narrator’s unique voice as well. Pile on the sassy notes!

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Stephie
                  @stephie
                    • Total Posts: 89

*Just realized that MDR is a French thing. I’m speaking Frenglish XD. It’s basically LOL

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Ellette Giselle
                    @ellette-giselle

@stephie

Oh, don’t even get me started! It can be awful!

But it can be also kinda fun to!

They just have it easier because they get to watch me mess up and step o the trip wires, and then they breeze along past. lol

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

Where is my nagging deadline?

I can’t whine for more chapters if you don’t tell me when I’m allowed to start!!!

Linus Smallprint
                        @linus-smallprint

@stephie

I’ve read everything up until now and am patiently (read: impatiently) awaiting the next chapter.

I am aiming to release this by the 21st. Realised for the first part of the chapter I still needed to figure something out, but I am close to coming up with a solution, so I should be able to start working on in soon amid my assignments.

Linus Smallprint
                          @linus-smallprint

@ellette-giselle

Where is my nagging deadline?

See my previous post.

I listened to your soundtrack suggestions, thank you for sharing them. Here are my thoughts.

Alan theme: Looking at the lyrics for this, this does not quite work for him. However, there is another character that this is almost a perfect fit for. I think the lyrics of this work very well for a theme for Charles.

Oh, I was shattered and bruised
                            Then You tore down the dark
                            And Your love broke through

Very good fit for Charles, even if Shattered is definitely not referring to Shattering in the world of Ehverwyld.

Love interest theme: Hard to say, considering I have not made up my mind for whether or not there is any romance in my book. I originally intended there not to be, but there are two characters I can see who might fall in love anyway. (You should be able to guess who these are by now. I will have to ask your thoughts on this after you finish reading this draft.)

Happiest Part: For the scene I have in mind for the happiest part, I think this works. (That is maybe 5 or six chapters away)

Saddest Part: This feels too epic for what I have in mind. However, it is not a complete mismatch as well. I do like that there is a hint of determination in it. Perhaps this would be a better fit for the saddest scene in book II or III (I don’t know what these scenes are yet, but it is likely the book III one would work with this).

For songs I have found that would make a good soundtrack, I think this one would make an excellent theme for the series due to the words, especially if I do end up putting romance in the series (and I think the tune works as well).  What do you think?

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! WINGFEATHER!!!!!!!!!

yes! Perfect!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I’ve been waiting for them to release this song!!!!

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator
                                • Total Posts: 723

@linus-smallprint

Yes, I am the eldest. Sigh.

@ellette-giselle

Yes, the role model thing is hard, especially because I always get worse punishments, even when the crime was the same. Even when I wasn’t the instigator. It’s fun sometimes though, because I did teach one of my sisters to love ducks too.

@stephie

Don’t even get me started on the imitation.

I eventually got to the point that I stopped telling my siblings stuffed animal/rubber duck stories, because one sister would just take them for her own stuffies. You are soooo lucky you get your own room!

Sometimes though, if you have enough siblings, the youngest ones will do the same things to the older ones as they did to you. 🤣🤣🤣

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

The Ducktator
                                @theducktator
                                  • Total Posts: 723

@linus-smallprint

Put Alan on kitchen duty, if he wants to be a hero so much.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hVE20MxRw

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 276 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >