The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 9,136 through 9,150 (of 9,157 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #213784
    Jaybird
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Rank: Chosen One
      • Total Posts: 2113

      @whalekeeper

      Lol! Yeah, my friend interrupted my stuttering explanation of this character (an elven prince who risks his life to sneak a little girl to his dad so she can be fostered in safety… Then proceeds to spend the rest of his “immortal” life looking after her.) with the words, “So, he’s attractive?”

      I stopped mid sentence, mouth open, completely caught off guard. Like yes, I had just texted my sister saying that the character was the most romantic figure in modern literature, but that was an inside joke. XD I had been talking about a specific instance where he takes an arrow for the MC. Because yes, while he is astoundingly handsome, I’ve known him long enough to be quite proud of him for it. When my mental images of him include him slowly dying of a poisoned arrow and a week later guiding the MC in espionage antics like a telepathic Google Maps, I feel very much like a concerned aunt. Why must he feel the need to always be the living shield? Why must he always second-guess his relationship with his family? Give the guy some hot coffee and a good book for a day. Peace in the world would be nice too.


      @rae
      Ok, It think it’s worse when they’re real people. XD But it sounds like you have great friend-making skills. I respect and admire that.

      With fictional characters, I usually just want to adopt them, not marry them.

      Exactly!!

      ChaosGremlin™

      #213785
      Jaybird
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Rank: Chosen One
        • Total Posts: 2113

        @freed_and_redeemed

        Hmmm. He sounds dangerous. A man with a motive indeed.

        ChaosGremlin™

        #213790
        Loopy
        @loopylin
          • Rank: Chosen One
          • Total Posts: 3968

          @e-m-trepke

          Hey, I remember you, fellow Dr Who fan. Good to see you back online and I hope you’re doing well :]

          Any paint can be finger paint if you don't care enough

          #213791
          freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
            • Total Posts: 939

            @keilah-h @ellette-giselle @elishavet-pidyon

            Oh he is undeniably dangerous/terrifying. Definitely a creep and tends to be one step ahead.

            "…but we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.”

            #213792
            freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed
              • Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
              • Total Posts: 939

              @e-m-trepke

              Hiiiiii!! It’s been a while, haha! How are you??

              I’ve published Leon/Riker’s 1st and 2nd books within the past two years haha, and a lot of changes and things so I’ve been super busy.

              "…but we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.”

              #213793
              ET
              @e-m-trepke
                • Rank: Loyal Sidekick
                • Total Posts: 151

                I’m doing well! I sort of fell off of writing my book, but have further developed an interest in music and have started exploring the possibilities of songwriting 🙂


                @freed_and_redeemed

                Oh, wow, congratulations! I proud of you!


                @loopylin

                Hehehe hello there!

                We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
                -The Doctor

                #213794
                Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Rank: Chosen One
                  • Total Posts: 7124

                  @e-m-trepke hello there! haven’t seen you around in a hot minute!

                   

                  songwriting is cool!

                  Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                  #213827
                  ET
                  @e-m-trepke
                    • Rank: Loyal Sidekick
                    • Total Posts: 151

                    @keilah-h

                    but also it’s hard! It’s much different from story writing. I have to keep in mind meter and rhyme like poetry, but also think of melodies and chords! Sometimes it feels like my brain dies a little when I’m working on it, and other times it comes really easily.

                    What have you been working on/up to?

                    🙂

                    We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
                    -The Doctor

                    #213830
                    Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Rank: Chosen One
                      • Total Posts: 7124

                      @e-m-trepke that’s cool!!

                       

                      I’ve been working on a lot of animation actually–3D mostly. Been doing a lot of How To Train Your Dragon fan animations. Maybe I’ve told you that already though, idk. I wouldn’t say I’m GOOD at modeling, so I mostly use other people’s free models, but I have modeled and rigged a few characters. It’s pretty fun.

                      Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                      #213831
                      ET
                      @e-m-trepke
                        • Rank: Loyal Sidekick
                        • Total Posts: 151

                        @keilah-h

                        That’s so cool!
                        Is there any way I could see an animation of yours…? 🥺

                        What software are you using? Blendr?

                        It’s funny how you mentioned animation, because a few weeks ago I decided to start learning 2D animation (I’m using OpenToonz).

                        We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
                        -The Doctor

                        #213832
                        Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Rank: Chosen One
                          • Total Posts: 7124

                          @e-m-trepke Thanks!! and yep, I’m using Blender! i’m also learning Maya, which is a lot different but closer to the animation programs that large-scale companies use.

                          I have a youtube channel actually! https://youtube.com/@slatedragonproductions?si=K-GTvHclqcrcsKbw

                          Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                          #213833
                          Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Rank: Chosen One
                            • Total Posts: 7124

                            I’ve done some 2D animatics just using Procreate on my iPad, but I haven’t done actual 2D animations. 3D was somehow easier for me, even though most people say it isn’t.

                            Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                            #213861
                            whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Rank: Chosen One
                              • Total Posts: 6054

                              @elishavet-pidyon

                              Like yes, I had just texted my sister saying that the character was the most romantic figure in modern literature

                              I love this rant about your specific relationship to this fictional character and how you perceive him in specific instances. 😂 Oh goodness

                              ...

                              #213862
                              whaley
                              @whalekeeper
                                • Rank: Chosen One
                                • Total Posts: 6054

                                @loopylin @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @rae @keilah-h @beth-torres @freed_and_redeemed @ellette-giselle @anyone

                                I got some guinea pigs yesterday. :] Does anyone have any name suggestions? They’re both boys.

                                ...

                                #213863
                                whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Rank: Chosen One
                                  • Total Posts: 6054

                                  I think Dark Boi will have much longer and fuzzier hair than Light Boi, because I suspect he’s a Lunkarya. We shall see.

                                  ...

                                Viewing 15 posts - 9,136 through 9,150 (of 9,157 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >