The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 9,121 through 9,135 (of 9,147 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #213684
    FIREQUACKER
    @theducktator
      • Rank: Eccentric Mentor
      • Total Posts: 1930

      @power

      It sounds like you are going to a university?

      Is that different? And I think so…

      Something you may want to consider, check and see if there are any community colleges around you. You can typically take your core classes (Math, English, Government, US History, etc.) for half the price of a university, especially if you are “in-district” (basically, you or your guardian(s) pay college taxes) which can cut the price in half again.  (For example, at the community college where I work, an in district student would pay $90 per credit hr, out of district $169. At a state university 30 minutes away a TX resident would pay around $370 per credit hr, and a private university 15 minutes away ranges from $380 to $1,546 per credit hr)

      Just remember to check and see if the university will accept/transfer in the community colleges credits.

      I’ve talked to a person from there before and I don’t think they do transfers? I’m going to ask about that today and get some clarification. Their website isn’t clear on it. It is private though, and like 50,000 dollars a year…

      Don't throw sodium chloride at people. That's a salt.

      #213690
      Power
      @power
        • Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
        • Total Posts: 457

        @theducktator

        Is that different? And I think so…

        Colleges focus on undergraduate degrees (Associates and sometimes Bachelor) and certificates. Universities typically offer all of those plus Graduate degrees (Masters and PH.Ds).

        College are smaller, so smaller class sizes (20 to 30 student), more personalized attention, a tighter-knit environment and greater access to faculty, but fewer degree program choices, extracurriculars and campus facilities (And facilities that are probably older).

        University have a broader selection of majors, greater research opportunities, more extracurriculars, nicer campuses, strong alumni networks and often more career resources, but larger classes (Core classes can have 50+ students in them) and they are usually more expensive (You pay for the hot tub 😉)

        I’ve talked to a person from there before and I don’t think they do transfers?

        It is private though, and like 50,000 dollars a year…

        That sounds accurate for a private universities. Some don’t like taking transfer students.🤷‍♂️

        A community college’s tuition is typically around $4,000 to $18,000 a year. I work for a very cheap college, so when I attended I typically got money refunded from my Pell grant. (Got paid to go to college 🤣)

        #213696
        FIREQUACKER
        @theducktator
          • Rank: Eccentric Mentor
          • Total Posts: 1930

          @power

          I asked my dad and it’s a college. XD  Average class size is 13, so definitely small.

          (Got paid to go to college 🤣)

          Lol, nice.

          I think my interview went well. It was enjoyable at least, and at a coffee shop so I got coffee out of it. XD

          Don't throw sodium chloride at people. That's a salt.

          #213718
          Ruth
          @rae
            • Rank: Chosen One
            • Total Posts: 4769

            This is random, but guys I have my first fictional crush. Yeah, kinda late at my age, huh? Either way, if I meet a guy like him irl, I would die if he didn’t like me back.

            Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

            #213719
            Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Rank: Chosen One
              • Total Posts: 7123

              @rae you now have my experience

               

              except i’m the inverse and would die if he DID like me back. I would probably actually prefer it if he didn’t lol

              Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

              #213721
              Jaybird
              @elishavet-pidyon
                • Rank: Chosen One
                • Total Posts: 2108

                @theducktator

                Glad to hear it went well! May thy educational pursuits be fabulous.


                @rae

                Lol! Congratulations. XD

                I don’t think I actually have/had a fictional crush… Although it may sound like it when I talk about some characters. (As I learned when trying to describe one from a friend’s story to a different, uninitiated friend. The amount of gleefull whimpering had her laughing at me.) If anything it has been temporary awe superceded by becoming very invested in their lives. 😂

                ChaosGremlin™

                #213722
                Enid
                @whalekeeper
                  • Rank: Chosen One
                  • Total Posts: 6040

                  @rae

                  I don’t know what counts as a fictional crush. I can judge a character by saying “that’s a good ‘un’ or ‘that one is meh.’ Who is yours?


                  @elishavet-pidyon

                  (As I learned when trying to describe one from a friend’s story to a different, uninitiated friend. The amount of gleefull whimpering had her laughing at me.)

                  Oh that’s relatable.

                  …

                  #213723
                  Enid
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Rank: Chosen One
                    • Total Posts: 6040

                    @power

                    Must buy a purple sequin suit!!!!!

                    *Squints* *Starts crying* I am blinded by your sequined sparkliness!! Aaaaah, the pain…

                    …

                    #213732
                    Ruth
                    @rae
                      • Rank: Chosen One
                      • Total Posts: 4769

                      @elishavet-pidyon

                       Although it may sound like it when I talk about some characters.

                      This not only happens to me with characters but also with real guys as well 💀. I have a friend who has reached “playful banter” status and I was talking about a gag gift I was going to give him (he loved it btw) and someone asked if I liked him. I told them we just liked ragebaiting each other, and that I don’t believe either of us have any romantic interest. They didn’t believe me.

                      I like banter, and I also like figuring out how people think and react. Doing that can be interpreted as flirting by others, especially when I regurgitate my findings, so I just wait for people to accuse me of being romantically in love and then not believe me when I say no.

                       

                      With fictional characters, I usually just want to adopt them, not marry them.

                       


                      @whalekeeper

                      The blue fellow in my pfp named Ari. He’s playful, extroverted, lighthearted, kind, funny, a wind elemental, and has white hair. Basically hit all my weak spots. I couldn’t survive.

                      Yes, Surpent is well aware of me being smitten with him and I think she finds it hilarious.

                      Pfp drawn by Surpent on Unvale. I'm a little obsessed so it's over here now.

                      #213733
                      freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed
                        • Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
                        • Total Posts: 939

                        @ellette-giselle

                        *Screams*!!!!!

                        I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be so cool! I have waited so long for this!!!

                        Ahh yesss, I am so excited. There are so many things in Book 3 I’m looking forward to and UGHHH I can’t wait.

                         

                        I wrote one of those types a little while ago. The nicknames and insults thrown at him were glorious! 😂

                        No one has given this villain any nicknames yet but I’m sure they will be magnificent when he gets some.

                         


                        @whalekeeper

                        Hellooooooo! Good to see you around! :-p

                        Good to see you too! 💜

                        Good for you! I bet it’ll be satisfying to finally conclude everything and put the characters to rest, so to speak. (NOT meaning you should kill them. That’s not what I mean. Please don’t think I mean that.)

                        Satisfying but difficult because it’s going to be so hard to let them go as MCs since I’ve had Leon around since 2019 and Riker since 2021🥲 (I can’t make any promises)

                        "…but we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.”

                        #213735
                        freedom
                        @freed_and_redeemed
                          • Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
                          • Total Posts: 939

                          @keilah-h

                          I’m interested to see him now. Who is he? What connection does he have to our characters? Why is he so evil?

                          Meet Sergei Mikhaylov, Soviet Officer (haven’t decided if he’s Stasi or KGB (I think they were operating then??) yet) and former Soviet Soldier during WW2. I’m not completely sure about his background yet but I know he absolutely despises the German people for what they did to his country (hence one reason why he’s working in East Germany, to “get back” at them).

                          There’s possibly a more personal reason why he hates the Germans too but idk yet.

                          And since Leon/Riker get arrested in East Germany and are sent to prison, well…

                          I think y’all can guess his connection to our boys.

                          "…but we are safe, truly and wonderfully safe, when we keep walking with Him.”

                          #213738
                          Enid
                          @whalekeeper
                            • Rank: Chosen One
                            • Total Posts: 6040

                            @rae

                            The blue fellow in my pfp named Ari. He’s playful, extroverted, lighthearted, kind, funny, a wind elemental, and has white hair. Basically hit all my weak spots. I couldn’t survive.

                            I can’t help but picture Ari from the academy roleplay, but if he was a faerie like Moth, had the opposite personality, and was blue as Loops likes to claim.

                            Sort of cursed, but I can picture it.

                            …

                            #213741
                            Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h
                              • Rank: Chosen One
                              • Total Posts: 7123

                              @freed_and_redeemed oooh he sounds dangerous.

                              Gerald handled that. You don’t question Gerald. (if you know you know)

                              #213782
                              Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle
                                • Rank: Chosen One
                                • Total Posts: 4985

                                @freed_and_redeemed

                                He looks terrifying!

                                And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who couldn't hear the music

                                #213783
                                ET
                                @e-m-trepke
                                  • Rank: Loyal Sidekick
                                  • Total Posts: 149

                                  @freed_and_redeemed

                                   

                                  Ooh! I remember Leon and Riker discussions from when I was last on KP.

                                  It’s been a while, but I’m back!

                                   

                                  We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
                                  -The Doctor

                                Viewing 15 posts - 9,121 through 9,135 (of 9,147 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >