The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 5,657 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1424

@freed_and_redeemed

*Strangled gargling gasps*

….

Congratulations. You have successfully destroyed every coherent thought in my head.

All I have to say is, Isaiah is wonderful.

*Sniffle*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2801

@whalekeeper

Thanks!

@freed_and_redeemed

Thanks!

XD I was listening to Tauren wells a lot when I picked out that name

@loopylin

Yep, she is 😉

へびは かっこいい です!

Smiley
        @smiley
          • Total Posts: 2179

@freed_and_redeemed

That scene😭😭😭

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

@freed_and_redeemed agh, poor Riker! what happened to him?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed
              • Total Posts: 337

@keilah-h I knoww, the boi.

Idk what exactly yet…kinda still trying to figure out exactly what happened that led to an injury/infection on his left arm🤔

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@freed_and_redeemed ouch, poor guy

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Light
                @lightoverdarkness6
                  • Total Posts: 1626

@freed_and_redeemed

LEONN 💔💔💔😭

And RIKERRR 💔💔😭😭

💔💔 *Hugs both of your sweet broken bois*

Those scenes were legit so good tho🥺❤

@esther-c

Awwww Ami!! I love ittt girl ❤🥰

@mineralizedwritings

Aw Tauren 😭😭 He just wants somebody to value his opinion of style 🥺😆

Oh my goodness if Lesli buys him the tie😭❤🥰 They’re sooo cute ahhhh 🥺❤

#HugRikerSquad

freedom
                  @freed_and_redeemed

@lightoverdarkness6

*offers tissues and hot cocoa* 💕💕

*joins you in hugging my sweet broken bois💕😭*

Awwwwww, ty!!! You’re so sweet <3

How’s life going, btw? Haven’t chatted with you in a while🥰

Light
                    @lightoverdarkness6
                      • Total Posts: 1626

@freed_and_redeemed

*gratefully takes tissues and hot cocoa* 💕💕

*yayy group hug XD 💕😭*

Ofc girl!! <33

How’s life going, btw? Haven’t chatted with you in a while🥰

Yes! It’s been way too long. I feel so bad cuz I wanna chat with all my friends on here but I almost never have time to get on and then I forget to respond…heh😅

Life is going well🥰 I’ve been able to have a lot of family time lately and it’s the absolute best, and I’ve gotten to spend time with friends and that’s been great too. I haven’t been writing much at all lol heh but I’m going to the beach next week so hopefully I can write some in the car🤞My 15th birthday is coming up, and I’m really excited and also nervous..like it’s so crazy to think that I could get my driver’s permit in a few days 🤯 Hahaha.

How are you doing, girl? How’s life 💕

AND OH MY GOSH ALSO

GIRL I FINALLY STARTED WATCHING THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER

AND OH MYYY GOSHHH IT’S SOOOO GOOOOD🤩🤩🤩🤩

Bucky thoooo 🥺😭❤🥰 I love him sooo much and he’s breaking my heartttt 💔💔💔

#HugRikerSquad

freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed

@lightoverdarkness6 AHH, girl, I’m so happy you’re spending so much time with friends and family. That’s the best🥰🥰

And don’t worry about not being on here much! Irl friends and family and God all come before us and that’s how it should be <3 Trust me, we’re happy to see you when we do, even if it’s not very often💕

My 15th birthday is coming up, and I’m really excited and also nervous..like it’s so crazy to think that I could get my driver’s permit in a few days 🤯

Girlllll, I feel youuuuuuuu😂 I need to get my permit soon, needing to study the manual more, haha…hoping to get my permit this March maybe. Wish me luck lol🤞 And girllll, like, legit, I’ll be an ADULT next year🤯 Idk if I’m ready XXD

It’s good! Trying to navigate school, writing, church, and all of the things. Learning how to walk in God’s love and forgiveness that he has for me that I’m finally beginning to fully understand as well. Trying to spend more time with my family and (wishing) to spend more time with friends too. I had a small bout of loneliness yesterday but solved that when I played some video games with my brother✨ Otherwise, I’ve been writing quite a bit…about to get to my email to read some more of Freedom’s Fire that the editing team that’s working on it has done 😃 Super excited to get Freedom’s Fire out there this year!! And I’ve been watching a BUNCH of Lois&Clark with the fam…we’ve made it a nightly tradition lol XD

ANYWHOOOOO life is going good!!💕💕🥰🥰

AHHHH, GIRLLLLL, I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! FATWS IS THE BEST!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

AND BUCKY, YESSSSSSS 😭😭 the precious boy 😭💕

What episode are you on rn!?

And I wish pictures were working bc I wanted to show y’all my Winter Soldier nails 😂

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3213

@lightoverdarkness6

Thanks girl!! <3

@freed_and_redeemed

And I wish pictures were working bc I wanted to show y’all my Winter Soldier nails 😂

Um, that sounds so awesome!!! Now I really wish pics were working. XDD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c I KNOWWW, AHHHHHHH

The polish is starting to chip away😭, but I love them so much haha💕✨ It has grayish-blue nail polish as the bottom layer, then my sis drew red stars on some nails and black lines on others with acrylic paint (bc she’s the artist, not me XD) and then I covered it with, like, 3 layers of topcoat

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@freed_and_redeemed that’s actually really cool.

I’m not one for messing about with my nails and stuff, but I’m impressed at what you can do with them sometimes.

freedom
                              @freed_and_redeemed

@keilah-h Thanks!

Haha, this is the first time I tried actually doing nail art, and I’m really pleased with how they turned out ✨ I’d really like to do some Captain America nails around the 4th of July😂

RAE
                                @rae
                                  • Total Posts: 3013

@freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper @keilah-h @loopylin @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @grcr @esther-c @anyonecurious

No one’s probably noticed, but I have not posted any snippets in a while, so I’m doing so now…

This is a tiny piece of The Two Emperors. Master Dare is speaking,

A little child dashed in without a knock and practically shouted, ‘I heard you got a new sword with a dragon head on it!’ His eyes reminded me of a dragon and I found it amusing that this child did not seem to mind that he was talking to a lord who was in the middle of important business. But lord Adorian did not seem disturbed at all and kindly said to the child ‘Nahim, I’m a little busy, would you please wait outside till I’m done.’ The look on you face Nahim! I have never seen a child look so disappointed at waiting only a few minutes! After you left the Lord turned to me and quickly explained that, ‘He is the third child of Master Anoran, my Steward. All his children are like my own to me. Nahim, he is the oddest, sometimes as sour as early laxorian fruits and sometimes as sweet as ripe ones. Sometimes as mature as his older brother by five years and sometimes more immature than he should be but mark my words Dare, that child is as enthusiastic about dragons as you are, and as good with swords as any boy can be.’ From that point on, Nahim Alfred Nayhelm was my little student.”

Oh, and some Krogen humor…

“…Well I knocked out the kings guards and captured the king. We did the same to the Qim king and held them hostage until they agreed not to war each other.”

Noranay glanced at Nahim. His head rested against the side of his bunk, his eyes closed. She looked at Krogen and crossed her arms. “That wouldn’t work. That’d start a war between them and the Realn.”

“Exactly! That’s why we didn’t do it!”

Nahim mumbled, “As soon as we reported to Read, he pulled us out, said it was now an internal matter.”

Oh, and Krogen with young teen Jr.,,

The door of Krogen’s base burst open at my command. I basically fell down the stairs out of excitement. Maybe I did, since I remember banging both knees. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened. When I was younger and less alert, Krogen had tripped me on those stairs before, though that time the doctors said I almost got a concussion except I’ve got something called a ‘hard head’.

After my flight down the stairs, I remember Krogen giving me the customary surprise attack greeting, but I was well-versed in his ways of attack and he was soon swordless and giving me a ‘well done’ from the floor before he could say ‘powwow.’ That was when everything went black.

When my eyes finally fluttered open, my face was wet…with Dolant swamp water.

“Krogen, I’ve found it!” Krogen tilted his helmet and most likely gave me a suspicious look through his visor.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah fine!”

“Jr, are you okay?” He lifted his helmet and gave me a deep glare with those one-shade alien blue eyes.

“Since when were you concerned with my welfare?” I countered him. It’s true, Krogen could ‘accidently’ stab you and act like he cared about you as much as if he had just stabbed a piece foam. Of course, if you know Krogen, you know he really does care. He just wants you to think he doesn’t. I hope I never end up in an army of Fettians if they all act like him.

“Since you didn’t scream at me for using swamp water. Since you didn’t yell that I wasn’t playing fair by making a new contraption without telling you. Since you didn’t try to kill me for using you as a guinea pig for said new contraption. Since you started sounding as chipper as a bird in early morning after being knocked out for the first time in a long time! That’s since when!”

“Well, wipe away that concern, cuz guess what? I’m going to Meglena.”

Krogen waved his armored hand in front of my face.

“Jr! Jr! Are you in there?” I attempted getting up past Krogen, but my head still felt a little dizzy. Would Krogen ever let me go to Meglena after making such a simple mistake? I wasn’t thinking when I came down the stairs, but I should have been, and Krogen would point it out. Actually, he already was pointing it out, I just wasn’t listening.

“Krogen, never mind about all of that, I’m going to Meglena with or without you.”

“Never mind! Never mind! Jr., are you out of your mind! That went against almost all that I’ve been training into you since, since I don’t remember when.”

“Yes, and this trip will challenge everything I know and have been taught since I was a toddler! Will you hear me out?” Krogen pulled a chair over and sat down, the backwards way.

“Okay, Morning Bird, you have twooo minutes.” Krogen held up two fingers and waved them so I could see them. Like he needed to do that. Though, the first time I heard him say “two” I did argue that he really didn’t mean two digits from zero on the number line, since he said it as “twooo.”

“Foggy, eerie, mysterious. We don’t even know what lives there. Whatever it is, it’s either got tons of minions, or can do a lot itself. There’s something that lives there that makes the entire moon like it is. Something living. Something sentient. Most likely even something rational. Five expeditions to the planet by the Realn, and only one succeeded in looking at the thing. Only one of that group survived.

“Krogen, it even gets better. The one who led that exploration was Aden Florlana.” Krogen looked at Jr., confused. “You don’t know who he is, do you? He’s a Master of Lore. One of those with pure High Blood, and with the foresight of the immortal. Even his powerful magic could not withstand the mightiness of this thing that dwells on Meglena. The one who survived the encounter has never been able to clearly describe what happened. Some believe that the Thing and Aden entered a battle of power. Whatever happened that day, the one who survived has been broken in mind ever since. The Florlana clan have named the thing, Nisaden, ‘Aden’s bane.’”

“And your going there? Why?”

“Krogen! Were you listening before? This is the ultimate, if I succeed in finding, maybe slaying the monster and still remain whole in mind and body, I shall be the best of all Realn. This is a challenge worth reaching for!”

“More like the most foolish of all Realn. I don’t remember you ever getting taught magic and how to go into battles of power.”

“I was taught some from Master Finra, and he said I was a natural.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Well? Are you coming, now that you know that you could easily die?”

“I can’t sit here all day, can I?” Krogen got up and shouted directions to his AI companions.

and yes, Jr survives but he meets Grathmere and struggles with the Grath and Grathmere from that day forward.

From my Epilogue…

“Ow! You’ve gotta be kidding me Maren!”

Maren grinned mischievously.

“Your stomach will always be the target of my fist.”

“I can’t believe I thought it was a good idea to make you my brother-in-law.”

Noranay laughed at her fiancé.

“Oh, you haven’t seen the worst yet!”

Nahim cast her a pained look, as Maren tackled him.

“She’s right! I’m going to make you my sparring partner, put your fists up.”

“Whoa, whoa you two.” Lord Elijah stood in between the two young men. “Maren, you do understand that attacking Nahim is technically assault upon a Lord, right?”

Nahim threw his shoulders back, and crossed his arms.

Maren lost his grin and said seriously, “Yep, but I’m a lordling. Technically it’s two lords.”

Lord Elijah sighed.

Maren grinned at his father’s exasperation.

Nahim cracked a smile.

“Not bad, you got around that like Knihan would. You’re very similar in some ways.” Nahim lost his smile, a wistful light almost coming into his eyes, but before anything could really happen, Maren spoke up.

“Oh really? Did he do this?” Maren sidestepped Lord Elijah and punched Nahim in the gut again. “And this?” Maren lashed out towards Nahim’s face, But Nahim knocked his blow out of the way, and punched him lightly in reply.

“Yep, but I always punched him back.” A wide smiled etched across his features, and they were about to go at it again, until Lord Elijah once more stepped in.

“If you two boys are going to spar, go spar somewhere else!”

“Father’s right, come one, Nahim! I’ll beat you to the Ring by a mile!”

“Are you so sure? I bet I could win that race.”

Maren started running, calling over his shoulder,

“Not if I start first! Better catch up Nayhelm!”

“No fair!” Nahim burst out running after Maren, slowly gaining. Noranay smiled, and Lord Elijah laughed.

“Those two act like young boys.” He stroked his daughter’s red hair, light reflecting off of the pool’s water and on his face. “How’s Nahim been doing lately?”

Nora looked up into her father’s yellow eyes with her kind brown ones.

“Better, I think.” She looked where Nahim was just disappearing with Maren, almost neck to neck. “He’s been less sad, and more joking. Every once in a while, he still gets that look in his eyes, and I’ve caught him staring at his metal arm before.” She looked back into her father’s face. “You do know he has a slight dislike of tech, right?”

Elijah raised a dark eyebrow.

“He does? Well, I can see why he hates that arm so much now.”

Nora nodded.

“Uh-huh.”

“Do you…do you think he will be a good husband?”

“I’ve already told you that, but yes, I think he’d be even more loyal than Maren to me. He protects what he has with a vengeance, I’ve seen it.” She looked into the sparkling, gentle waves of the pool. “He’s tough, strong, and handsome.” Nora sighed wistfully. “Yet at times as gentle as a butterfly. Loyal as a Leavar, faithful as a father.”

“You’re describing an angel! What have you seen of his faults?”

Nora thought for a moment.

“He’s at times rebellious, hard-headed. Sometimes he has bursts of anger, but he quickly recovers and apologizes.” Her thin eyebrows furrowed. “And, and I think he keeps some secrets.”

“What do you mean? What makes you think so?” Lord Elijah sat next to his daughter, stroking her hand tenderly.

“Sometimes…like yesterday, he came out of his room, and I saw him before he washed it away, but he was sweating and his hair was tousled more than I’ve ever seen it. He seemed somewhere else until I spoke to him and he wouldn’t tell me anything more than he just hadn’t slept well. But I could see it in his eyes, something more was bothering him. He wouldn’t tell me.” Lord Elijah furrowed his brows.

“Do you think he’s worrying about this new war?”

“Maybe…no, we’re not entering it right? The Helm and the Ward would stay out of the Sovereignty war because of the losses in the Nanian war.”

“Yes, we decided that, but Nahim is his own lord now. Nahor and I have little true sway over him, he can throw himself into this new war, and I think he’s considering it.”

“But, he has no subjects, what would entering the war do?”

“I don’t know, and that bothers me. The name of Nayhelm has been engraved for ages, and the name of Nahim has been engraved recently upon the minds and hearts of the Realn people, especially the Helm and the Ward. His victory on Nana has given him the possibility to be a rally point. If he tried, he could sway the people into war.” Nora was silent, staring into the waves of the pool.

“Do you…do you think he’d want to do that?”

“I don’t know, as I sad. And not knowing means I can’t really do anything about it if it happens.”

“I don’t think he will. He often doesn’t realize his full potential, he didn’t even know he was a lordling until Nahor told him. And he lost his clan in the war, he wouldn’t want to loose the family-clans closest to him too. I think…I think he’ll enter the war alone if he does. He’s the last Nayhelm, and he would rather that clan die all together than have the Ward and the Helm die too. But, Father, if he joins the war, I will too.”

“I know, Noranay. Just be careful ‘kay?”

“I promise I’ll be.” Nora took her father’s hand and put it to her cheek, leaning her head into his fingers. “I promise.”

A more serious scene, btw, it’s not completely finished yet

Trigger warnings: Pain and Paralysis

“Nahim! I need you here now…”

“Master Canin! What’s wrong?”

“I’m sending coordinates, get here as soon as you can…”

“Canin, can you hear me?”

“My life depends on you! I’m in the southern section, my way is-“ The comm clicked closed.

“CANIN!” a ding went off in his helmet, Nahim tensed in anticipation. He relaxed back into his seat. Nothing but the coordinates. Nahim tried to comm Canin again. No answer. Rising out of his seat, Nahim grabbed his weapons, before opening his door and swinging out into the hallway. He commed the crew as he ran, his footsteps thundering down the entire hall. Crew pressed themselves against the wall as Nahim flew past.

“Get my ship ready for emergency take off. Now!” he yelled into his helmet at the hanger crew. As the comm closed, Lord Nahor called.

“Nahim, I need-“

“Not now, Lord, unless it means the end of war.” Nahim skidded into the hanger, yelling thanks to the take off crew, and hurriedly boarding the Shadowcaster. “Master Canin is in trouble.”

“Nahim, listen to me and stop. Go back to your quarters and sit down. We’re going to have a nice long-“

“No time! I need to go now. Canin is what I have left of my past, I won’t let him die too.”

“But Nahim-“ Nahim didn’t wait, he closed the comm, told the hanger crew he ready for the doors to open, and typed in the coordinates. Two hours away. Canin could be dead by then. He sighed. It was the best he could do.

Ding. Nahim felt his adrenaline run in anticipation. As the username appeared, he fell back into his seat. Only Lord Nahor. He let the comm continue to ding five times before temporarily blocking the number. I don’t need distractions.

Nahim burst through the door of the room, which slid closed behind him.

“Canin?” No reply.

“Canin? Are you still here? It’s Nahim.” Nahim heard a beep, he turned. Above the door was the yellow glow of a Terror Bomb. As his eyes saw it, it activated, covering his body in yellow groping fingers of lightning. Nahim gave a cry of pain as he fell to the floor, his sword rolling from his grasp.

After 30 seconds of pain, the bomb stopped, and in stepped King Vorgan himself. Nahim weakly groped for his sword. Vorgan laughed.

“Your weakness, Nayhelm! Any piece of your past life is a sacred as the memory of your mother.”

Nahim slowly rose to his feet, as Vorgan turned his back and ambled on about how weak and stupid a man can be at times. How he was smarter than that. How the High Emperor was smarter than that. Nahim slowly reached for his gun, barely standing on his feet. He drew the gungedal, but before he could fire, Vorgan twisted around and stabbed him in the leg. Nahim was suddenly paralyzed, and hit the floor, small shards of consciousness fading away.

Canin is a friend from Nahim’s childhood.

Last one from Chapter 32, War Over

Orange streaks stretch across Mithlor; Diala has risen. Silver glistens in the sun, the famous Mithlon metal is visible in the searching rays. This is the planet of the forges, but few forges billow now.

Blue light sparkles over Rea; Lahoom is raising her pretty head. The great capital of the Realn stands tall and proud even though the voice of their emperor is still missed in the streets. This is the planet on the Empire’s Heart, but it lies in silence.

White blankets the volcanoes of Lortin; Leahae is fair in the morning. Red bursts from lonely peaks. This is the planet of the volcanoes and wide, barren places, waiting to come alive. All is still.

Light falls like planter’s seeds on Alick: where fields hold fruit of vine, stem, and leaf. This is the planet of the farms, but few workers are yet in their fields.

Banor’s ten moons fade into nothingness in the sky as Lahoom emerges with her sisters. Life is new here, fresh. But a planet is awaiting.

The Daughter of Diamonds, Leahae, dances in the great grasslands of Laxor. She climbs the mountains, searching for the Children of the Nayhelm. They are missing from her sight. She missed those little black heads that she would tenderly kiss with light. She mourns over them, for they used to play in her skirt of glory. They have passed away. She questions Naina, but Naina has no answer. She interrogates Xorain, but he only shrugs and shakes his head. She asks Raina, but Raina is the same as her sister and brother. In all her White glory, Leahae forsakes hope, and veils herself in the clouds. She cannot see the Last Nayhelm. They have gone, passed into the sands of time. The grasslands whisper to each other in the train of Lady Wind, stories of those valiant people. The rocks where the shouts of play and war had echoed, stand in quiet, mourning solitude. Lady Wind sags her shoulders, where are those faces she caressed? Her children, the little breezes, cry for they miss the black hair that they would play in. King of Grasslands and Mountains, Knight, stands erect. He looks over the quiet landscape, ears tuned for the call of his Master and Friend. Impatient, he lets out a mourning cry over the ruins of the Nayhelm’s home. Only the mourning of his own Leavar answer. The swift game of the grasslands flare their black nostrils as they carefully approach upon the old city. The land of the Nayhelm is empty of Man. Leahae whispers to the clouds,

“Cover me! Oh, cover me! Hide my face. Rain my tears. My heart sinks for I feel that they have gone. The Children of Man have gone from here, forever, and the nature is lonely. Cover me and cry for my sake!” So the clouds gathered over the sky of the Land and they cried, for the sake of their Lady.

Beyond the sight of the lonely nature of Laxor, Cloaks kneel upon one knee, hand resting upon the other, head bowed. For some, tears roll; for others, they kneel in mourning silence, and yet other still, shake with sadness but their eyes can no longer let salty drops fall. As is the costume of these Realn, they hold close the names and memories of those lost. Silence walked among their ranks and Memory dwelled with them.

Firehead lay right hands to heart as they cast small tokens to the stars. Then, in silence, or with a sob, they lay their left hand over the right, sealing their heart.

Florlana openly mourn, and sing low, sad songs they have composed about those who are gone from mortal world. Their clear immortal eyes are clouded with a type of glory and sorrow, as if in another world.

Each clan has one way or another of mourning, traditions long followed.

Ward are solemn, The Boomerangs are quiet; one of their own is gone. A brother has died. With careful strokes, a painting is made on the wall, a last testament to their brother. The battle is won, the War is done, the day is gone, and the call of destiny come.

And that’s all for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 5,657 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >