Talking about our characters

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Talking about our characters

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Smiley
    @smiley
      • Total Posts: 2179

so here’s a character from Tomorrow’s War. She wasn’t my fave at first but after making a Pinterest board for her, I fell in love. Also, your guys’ characters are so cool.

Name: Skylar

Created by: Miley

Personality Traits: Sweet, usually overthinks things unless she’s on a mission, caring, naive, but can be ver passionate.

Backstory: Her parents were imprisoned when she was four, and she was raised by her older sister. But one day she and her sister were outside and one of the guards bumped into her and he hit her across the face. Her sister out of anger spoke harshly at the man and the guard replied by taking her away. from that point on Skyla has grown up on her own and is filled with hurt and pain.

Goals: To get revenge on the people who hurt her, but most importantly to find hope again

Family: none

Looks: Shorter blond hair, brown eyes, and light peach skin

Other: she falls for Tristan Alexa’s brother

her board makes me cry😥

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

@smiley

Ooooooh I love her! Especially the fact that she looks like Hermione XD It’s so sad, but I love her character.

Next character lol

Name: Tali Aleyn

Created by: Solfyre

Personality Traits: Anxious, etc… She goes through a big personality change. So conforming at first, then confident, then she backtracks, and well, she’s just a very intersting character XD

Backstory: Tali lives in Greyward, a city of tents on gray sand. She lives as a thief- not by choice- but she’s one of the Chosen. Long story, but she has this power where her eyes flash and she can make people see things, and later it gets stronger to where she can, in small ways, change reality. She started to use her power to get by, and a group of men who were also thieves saw it and forced her to work for them. It gets to the point where she helps them kidnap a friend, and then she feels bad and tries to help him. Anyway, she *SPOILER* ends up with the enemy (the dragons) and has to choose whether or not to use her power. That’s not everything but her backstory is huge, lol

Goals: At first, to get away from the thieves and help her friends trust her again, and towards the end, to escape and help Illura (the human continent warring against the dragons)

Family: She never knew them, but her parents were Randall and Valerie Aleyn

Looks: Straight, light blonde hair with blue eyes (they flash gold when she uses her power); usually wears a tattered and frayed cloak with a pale blue shirt, dark brown pants reaching just below her knees, and boots

Other: Um…. Hmm. I can’t really think of anything for here. Lol this picture isn’t great but here’s a reference pic:

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Joy
        @dekreel
          • Total Posts: 2304

This looks fun! Let me try…

Name: Ester Luxdoter

Created by: Joy/Dekreel

Personality Traits: Pensive, a little socially awkward, the older-sister-looking-after-her-rowdy-siblings kind of character in a group, master marksman

Backstory: Was abandoned as a child and adopted by a wandering man who raised her as his own. She lived in the forest her whole life hunting and learning survival skills, until her adoptive father is fatally injured and she is forced to leave home to find help

Goals: In the end she was able to rescue and heal her father, but she has discovered a dormant love for adventure she didn’t know she had, so now she’s always on the move, helping her friends and people around her, and unraveling secrets about her past.

Family: Ereb (adoptive father), and her biological parents whom she hasn’t met yet: an aspiring sailor and a homeless wanderer

Looks: Long straight golden brown hair, freckles on her face and shoulders, brown eyes with flecks of gold/yellow. 5’6″

Aesthetics: Dense forest, fresh herbs, homemade meat and potato stew, deer jerky, bow and arrow, leather armor, leather boots, falcon’s eye, wandering deer, spyglass, little white flowers, snaking pathway, ink and quill on worn leatherbound journal

Other: My dungeons and dragons character whom I’d probably write stories about if I wrote more 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

And a drawing

You can pronounce it however you want.

Smiley
            @smiley

Ok so I just showed Skylar’s backstory but I just had a different idea for her backstory

Skylar hadn’t had a family and grew up wandering around the city, but one day when she was fifteen she met a man who like her wandered. they join up and help the rebels who are going against the government (the rebels are the not-so-clever name for an organization that went against the government but they have their own complicated story that I’m still trying to figure out) But one day on a mission they were on he died. she blames herself for his death, but because she can’t deal with the guilt she blames the government and vows to get revenge.

so Im taking a pole on which one is better her original back story or this one?

Oxygen shortage

Faith
              @awsumfaith
                • Total Posts: 239

@dekreel @kyronthearcanin @freedomwriter76

Loving y’all’s charries!

@smiley

Love Skylar too, and I’m liking that second backstory I think

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
                "Oh yeah, but none for this"

Faith
                @awsumfaith

@freedomwriter76 @smiley @kyronthearcanin @anyone-else

Okeydoke, here’s a new character I’ve just made the other day and haven’t gotten to talk about yet *rubs hands eagerly*

Name: Avani

Created by: yours truly, AwsumFaith

Personality Traits: kind, innocent, very anxious and fearful, but deep down she holds great courage

Backstory: Avani is the daughter of Ash, the villain of my story. Ash is the leader of a small group of elves, a race that is supposed to be extinct, and he is trying to gain power and control the world of Doran. All elves just radiate evil, and have evil intent. Avani, was born with and unusual sense of right and wrong, and it grows as she gets older. She knows what her father is doing is wrong, and

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

She ends up giving her life in the end to free Doran from her father

Goals: to stop her father from doing wrong, despite her fear of what that means for her

Family: her father, Ash. Her mother is deceased

Looks: pale white skin, pointed ears, unusually tall for her age, brown innocent eyes, and long dark brown hair that she usually keeps in somewhat elaborate updos

Other: I’m still building up a list of aesthetics for her, other than that I’m not sure what else to put here

Here’s a drawing I did for her. I did it chibi, cause I was in the mood for chibi 😂

Smiley
                  @smiley

@awsumfaith

ooh, I like her!

Oxygen shortage

Faith
                    @awsumfaith

@smiley

Thanks! I like her to, it breaks my heart to make her die in the end 🥲😭😭😭

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin
                        • Total Posts: 697

@smiley

I agree, I like the second backstory!

@awsumfaith

I love Avani!

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Faith
                        @awsumfaith

@kyronthearcanin

Thanks!

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@smiley love Skylar, and I love the second story even more than the first!!!!!

@awsumfaith
                            love Avani!!!

Esther
                            @esther-c
                              • Total Posts: 3201

@freedomwriter76

Hey look! It’s Lukas!!

Jk jk. 😂 It’s just the same faceclaim. 😁(Which I think we’ve both noticed on multiple occasions. XD)

Anyway, I love him!! He sounds awesome!

@smiley

I love Skylar!! I also love that her faceclaim is Emma Watson. 😁

I vote for her second backstory. I feel like it has a lot of developmental potential. (If that makes sense. XD)

@dekreel

Ester sounds so cool!!

(And she also shares my name so… ya know… that’s another reason why I like her. 😂)

@awsumfaith

Awesome charrie!! I absolutely love the chibi drawing! Adorable!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@esther-c lol, yea, I’ve noticed it over and over again 😂

Thanks girl!!!! Means so much!!! ❤️

@dekreel
                                love her!!!!! The drawing is awesome!!!! 😁😃

Smiley
                                @smiley

Ok after hearing your guys’ opinions and taking some inspiration from your guys’ characters. Here is Skylar’s new backstory (sorry I’m so terrible at writing backstories lol)

Skylar loses her true love on a rebel mission, she blames herself for not being able to save him. She thinks that ending the supreme government will bring her closer, and every day she breaks herself a little bit more. She’s basically punishing herself for his death and thinks that her life is worthless. Spoiler! In the second book, she finally comes to Jesus but dies in the end. Spoiler over!

Also, I’m not certain about the Spoiler but I had it in my mind when I first came up with the books but I’m not certain I’m not sure I can bring myself to do it.

Oxygen shortage

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >