Talking about our characters

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Talking about our characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Smiley
    @smiley
      • Total Posts: 2179

I thought it would be fun If we could talk about our characters and if you would want to fill out this template in the comments feel free to.

Name:

Created by:

Personality Traits:

Backstory:

Goals:

Family:

Looks:

Other:

@kyronthearcanin
      @esther-c @starshiness @keilah-h @awsumfaith @freedomwriter76

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Faith
      @awsumfaith
        • Total Posts: 239

@smiley

Sounds fun to me!

Name: Arwen Kikmer

Created by: yours truly, AwsumFaith

Personality Traits: adventurous, focused, given to wanderlust

Backstory: She lives in a town called Hedquist with her family. Two years prior to the events of my story her father went missing on a ship. My story follows her on her journey to find him.

Goals: to find her dad, to become an explorer and cartographer

Family: her mother, Faye; her dad, Ruben; and her younger brother, Kelvin

Looks: she has curly dark brown hair, brown complexion, deep brown eyes

Other: I’ll just list some aesthetics I have for her in this section

• Compass and spyglass
        • Patched clothing
        • Leather boots
        • Daydreaming
        • Mountain sunsets
        • Cozy fireplace
        • Wrinkled maps

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
        "Oh yeah, but none for this"

Smiley
        @smiley

Here is my character who is from A Summer Away the sequel to A Week Away

Name: Sara

Created by: Miley

Personality: Traits: Clever, sarcastic, kind, desperately wants a family.

Backstory: After her parents’ death when she was three. After going to foster home to foster home, she finds herself hurt by the feeling of rejection and saying goodbye.

Goals: To find a family

Family: none but Will becomes an older brother to her

Looks: Brown hair that she usually wears in a ponytail, green eyes, usually wears shorts and a T-shirt but she doesn’t wear jeans even in the summer. Sometimes she wears a dress.

Other: She finds Jesus before she grows a bond with Will. She relies on Jesus during the rest of the books even when she still feels rejected, but her faith is still new and fragile and she struggles to trust God when she still feels so broken. 😥

Oxygen shortage

Faith
          @awsumfaith

@smiley

Oooh, I like Sara’s character

Smiley
            @smiley

@awsumfaith

Thanks, I like your’s too

Oxygen shortage

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin
                • Total Posts: 697

@smiley

Oh, fun!

Sara is so cool! @awsumfaith I’ve seen Arwen before but she’s still awesome XD

I’ll just do one for now, lol.

Name: Dune

Created by: Ava, or Solfyre, or Kyron the Arcanin take your pick XD

Personality traits: Quirky, Assertive, risk-taking, trustworthy, and sometimes absent-minded or irritable

Backstory: ooohh boy here we go XD. Dune is a Felisaro, the cat-like race in my WIP, who used to live on the planet Leor. That all changed when he was young and his father and uncle tried to assassinate the king of Leor. His father and uncle were killed, and the rest of the family was banished from Leor. Dune left on a ship called the Ombryn, living only by one rule his father gave him, to keep a bunch of forbidden books safe. Later he crash-lands on the Serpenree planet, Lacertilia, and meets Rina, the MC, which is the first time you see him. (I won’t get into too much cause massive spoilers…)

Goals: To keep the books safe, and to keep Rina alive. The second one half because he has grown like her and half because Sorren would kill him if he doesn’t.

Family: Kind of described this already, but they meet his cousin, Korwin, who becomes the Admiral of a spaceship and is basically a space pirate, though they don’t say that in the book XD. His mother might come into play later, but she’s not with him or on Leor. He’s an only child.

Looks: Felisaro are usually just large cats. Dune is brown with light brown and red brown stripes, and emerald green eyes. He almost always wears faded red armor, with a sheath holding a dagger attached.

Other: Hmmmm… Ah yes, rather important detail, he is now the skilled pilot of the Ulbryn, their stolen Serpenree ship, and has a kind of rivalry going on with Sorren. He likes randomly making tweaks to the ship- though the others have little idea what he’s doing- and usually manages not to break anything. He doesn’t think the Celestial Phoenix (deity representing God in the book) exists, and if it does, he doesn’t want anything to do with it. He’s one of those charries who doesn’t understand why a good God would let bad things happen, so yeah, lol.

And I also have some random aesthetics I have built up for him, not much tho:

wrenches and daggers

flashing radars

scraping metal

running blindly over sand

faded, rusted armor

flickering flames

scrappy, tooth and claw fights

And, that’s Dune, lol.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3201

@smiley @awsumfaith @kyronthearcanin

Awesome charries, y’all!!! 😄

I’ll tell ya about mine either later today or tomorrow. It’s actually perfect timing that this forum was made because I recently finished some character template sheets for my MCs and all my important side charries. 🙂 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Esther.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 692

@smiley

You threw me with your character name. I often do double takes when I see or hear my name. 😆

I’ll add my characters later. Probably tomorrow.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 692

@smiley I feel like you took me and changed me a little to make a character. I was a foster baby and was adopted at 2, I have brown hair often up in ponytail, my clothes preference is shorts and a T-shirt, I never wear jeans, and my eyes are turning green. I’m 17 though, and I became a Christian 10 years ago. I have parents, and grew up in a Christian home. I was only with 1 foster family who ended up adopting me in the end. That’s really creepy yet so cool! ❤️

Esther
                      @esther-c

@smiley

Alrighty! Let’s start with my two MCs.

Name: Amidala Nadir

Created by: Esther

Personality Traits: kind, patient, quiet, gentle, soft-spoken, loyal, easily trusting, trustworthy, lighthearted

Backstory: She grew up in a Christian home with her family. She had never seen anything outside the Orb* and stayed in the District of Daemarrel for safety reasons.

Goals: In the story — find the cure**; her life in general — to marry, settle down, and have a family (this changes by the end of the trilogy)

Family: father, Ruben; mother, Adalynn; siblings, Destry, Fynn, and Skylar

Looks: see reference pic below

Other: when she’s nervous, she has a habit of slowly rubbing her hands together or tucking her hair behind her ear; her name means “beautiful flower”; her DOB is April 12; her favorite hobby is anything to do with art, but specifically drawing; her greatest fears are… physical — spiders and frogs —— emotional/psychological — turning others away from truth and God’s love

*Bayron Len instituted the Orb twenty years ago. It covered all of her country of Aletheia, but slowly closed in on the nation until it only covered the District of Daemarrel. (That was a very simplified explanation. XD If you really want to know more, I can tell you. 😁)

**When Bayron died, he said his last words to Amidala and they were: “I know there’s a cure. Find it.” She’s not exactly sure what the cure is until the end of the trilogy. (that’s also a very simplified explanation, lol. XD)

This is what she looks like:

Esther
                        @esther-c

Here’s the second MC!

Name: Everton Barlowe

Created by: Esther

Personality Traits: courageous, impulsive, extroverted, occasionally flirtatious, playful, adventurous, cocky

Backstory: He grew up in a very strict home. Nobody had a say in what went on expect his father. It was as if his father didn’t care about their opinions. His father only expected perfection from his sons and that it was he demands from them on the daily.

Goals: Help the Nadirs find the cure/destroy Derek Len’s regime (he’s my main villain)/change the world

Family: father, Malyk; mother, Harlin; siblings, Asher and Lukas

Looks: (very good, in his opinion 🤣) see reference pic below

Other: he has a habit of running his hand through his hair; his name means “boar town” or “hardy, brave” (I prefer the latter. 😜); his DOB is November 20 (or 25, which is my b-day, but my siblings don’t want me to put it as that because it would be weird. 😅😂); his favorite hobby is anything athletic or competitive; his greatest fears are… physical — I don’t know yet | emotional/psychological — failing, specifically failing those he loves

Here’s his reference pic: (I’ll post his second one in the next post)

Esther
                          @esther-c

Faith
                            @awsumfaith

@esther-c

I just love Ev and Ami so much , they’re so cute

Esther
                              @esther-c

@awsumfaith

Thanks so much!! I love them too. 🥰

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@smiley great topic and even greater character!!!! 😀

@awsumfaith
                                  @esther-c @kyronthearcanin love everyone’s charries!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

And now I wanna talk about some charries that maybe no one here has really heard about 😏

so let’s goooooo!!!!!!!!! XD

Name: Yosef Altmann

Created by: FreedomWriter76 (or Freedom XD)

Personality Traits: faithful, kind, sweet, compassionate, forgiving, brave, strong, gentle, quiet, firm in his beliefs, trustworthy, stubborn, loving

Backstory: Grew up in a close, Messianic Jewish family in Germany. Always been raised to know God and love others

Goals: To one day become a doctor to help people

Family: Has a father, Isaiah, a mother, Deborah, an older sister, Adela, and had an older brother, Judah

Looks: Black slightly curly hair, dark brown eyes, light tan complexion, would usually wear a 1940s era navy blue jacket and pants with a white shirt underneath with black shined shoes (but he’s in a camp…so…y’know…)

Other: An inmate at a concentration camp. He and his family were sent there about 2 years before the book starts…and his older brother Judah, the middle Altmann child, was killed by the Nazis there. Yosef holds onto faith even though his entire world is falling apart around him.

His reference pic 👇

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >