Suilad! I eneth nin Joelle.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Suilad! I eneth nin Joelle.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@joelle-stone

Ouch! I used to wear a pitcher’s guard on the mound, but quit because for some reason wearing a faceguard distracts me more than anything. So I’ve just developed quick reflexes and know to duck when the ball comes for my face. Once I was hit in the shin and limped for like five seconds before I remembered I’d better straighten up. 😂

Oh yes, I’ll have to watch the movies as well! And by the way, you’ve probably already heard of it since it’s so popular, but Les Misérables is also a musical. I’m actually listening to the London Soundtrack right now. XD

ella
      @nova21
        • Total Posts: 604

@joelle-stone

Awesome!  What WIP are you working on rn?

what we do in life echoes in eternity
        -gladiator, 2000

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@joelle-stone

YAY!!!! XD Ah, I’m so happy you joined. It was probably super weird that I welcomed you, being brand new myself, but I HAD to know whether it was you or not. I got extremely excited when I saw your post. 😉  *happy sigh*

I’m doing well! Yesterday was my last day of spring break, so I’m headed back into schoolwork this week. Enjoying the incredible weather! How are you?

You can call me whatever! Lydia is my real name, but Bethel will likely be the name I publish under (if/when I publish 😛 ). Would you rather I call you Joelle on here? Or do you like AQ better?

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@joelle-stone

Hi Joelle! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😀
            That’s awesome you wrote Middle Earth on your profile, same here. I’m Abigail, and I see that I am not the first to welcome you to KP:) Ooh, your novel sounds awesome!!
            Keeper of the Lost Cities? I’ve never read it, but I hear a lot of awesome things about it:) What’s your favorite part of them so far? And no way! You love riding horses too? *High fives!!* 😀
            Anyhow it is AMAZING to have you here at KP! 😀

Joelle Stone
            @joelle-stone
              • Total Posts: 57

@lydia-s

YAY!!!! XD Ah, I’m so happy you joined. It was probably super weird that I welcomed you, being brand new myself, but I HAD to know whether it was you or not. I got extremely excited when I saw your post. *happy sigh*

Aw, thx! (And I don’t think it’s weird or not). Could you tell it was me, or did you already know about my pen name? *equally happy sigh*

I’m doing well! Yesterday was my last day of spring break, so I’m headed back into schoolwork this week. Enjoying the incredible weather! How are you?

*agrees heartily* The weather over here is really nice as well! School is… well, school could be better and it could be a lot worse. 🙂 I haven’t gotten a spring break yet (but I will next week). I’m a little stressed, but still alive and kickin’! 😀

You can call me whatever! Lydia is my real name, but Bethel will likely be the name I publish under (if/when I publish).

Well, since you don’t have a preference, I’ll probably call you Lydia since:

1. It’s so pretty (I know a Lydia, and she’s beautiful and has two beautiful daughters)
              2. It’s your real name
              3. There’ll be less confusion (although, come to think of it, also less chances of telling random stories to people who ask. XD)

I may slip up and call you Bethel here and there, though.

Would you rather I call you Joelle on here? Or do you like AQ better?

Erm… it’s up to you. Neither is my real name (though Joelle is my middle name), so totally your choice. I’ll respond to either. 🙂

"Courage is found in unlikely places." -Gildor Inglorion

Joelle Stone
              @joelle-stone

@joy-caroline,

Once I was hit in the shin and limped for like five seconds before I remembered I’d better straighten up.

Ooh, bad news! XD

Les Misérables is also a musical.

Yeah, I did actually know that! I have yet to watch the movie or read the book…

I’m actually listening to the London Soundtrack right now. XD

WAIT. You listen to soundtracks too?!?! I LOVE soundtracks! What are some of your favorites?

Joelle Stone
                @joelle-stone

@nova21,

It’s called Bearer of Natural Ice and is the second book in my WIP series, Keepers of the Nine. The quick gist of it is this:

The Keeper’s nemesis, Lord Delernious, has eluded their attempt to capture him (that was the main plot of the first book, haha) and restore peace to their war-torn world. But as they chase him down, they are aware of a greater evil beginning a work in their small group: hatred.

Even as they work together to find Lord Delernious, avoid being assassinated, and stay true to their mission despite temptations, Rebere notices the splinter of hatred being wedged deeper and deeper. Their physical troubles are many – cunning powers, Delernious’ unexpected (and unexplainable) actions, long-lost families that entice some Keepers to forsake the quest and enrage others – but their emotional trials are more trying. Will they stay together or will they be divided by their feelings? Will they learn the importance of forgiveness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, that was really bad, but yeah. 🙂 WBU?

Lydia S.
                  @lydia-s

@joelle-stone

I remembered the pen name (I actually have a note on my phone to check out the books you will someday publish 😉), and when you mentioned that someone from AIO told you about KP, let’s just say I got excited. 😜

Yeah, school can be something else… And I’m sorry to hear you’re stressed; that’s always rough. 🙁 I’ll be praying for you! <3

Okay, sounds great! I’ll probably go with Joelle, dittoing (Wait, that’s seriously a word?! My computer didn’t underline it in red… You learn something new every day, I suppose.) what you said. 😉

ella
                    @nova21
                      • Total Posts: 604

@joelle-stone

I forgot to respond to this sorry!!  Spirals synopsis:

All she remembers is watching the world tear itself apart.
                      All she knows is that the monsters are out for her blood.
                      All she wants is someone to love.
                      With a stray dog as her only friend, she lives in the forest, foraging and hunting to survive. Her cabin, the only sign of a human presence for miles, is full of secrets. Strange noises and signs tell her a strange story that she can’t decipher.
                      Then a strange boy with a strange story appears on her doorstep and changes her life forever. He gives her what she’s longed for her whole life: friendship, safety, a name.
                      But she is being watched. Followed. Hunted. Someone wants to kill her.
                      With high stakes and higher consequences, she must unlock the secrets of the cabin or lose what she loves most.
                      And she doesn’t like to lose. 

You may have already read it somewhere or other, but yeah, thar it be. 😊  I love your WIP synopsis too!!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                      -gladiator, 2000

Katherine
                      @mkfairygirl
                        • Total Posts: 549

@joelle-stone Aww, you’re welcome!!!!!💗

Do you like The Frog Prince fairy tale?

Awesome!!!! I love both the Disney one and the real version!!! 🙂 (I totally recommend you watch the Disney movie by the way!😉) The Frog Prince fairy tale is one of my favorites which is how I discovered E. D. Baker because her book The Frog Princess inspired Disney’s The Princess and The Frog.

Have you ever read anything by E. D. Baker?

She writes a LOT of fairy tale magic stories, similar to Gail Carson Levine. So, if you like Ella Enchanted you’ll probably like Baker’s books. 😉 I’ve read the first two books in her Frog Princess series (though I want to read all of them). I’ve also read The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker and the first four books in the Wide-Awake Princess (a retelling of Sleeping Beauty) series.

What is your favorite fairy tale?

Ahhh, yes, the live-action Cinderella and Ella Enchanted the the BEST!!!!!!!! I love those movies so much!!!!! I don’t think I have a favorite fairy tale, though. They are all so great!!!

What is your favorite Disney movie?

Awesome choice!!!! The live-action Cinderella is SO good!!!!! My favorite Disney movie is probably Tangled. I think I sometimes go crazy over that movie. XD

If you could have any magical power, what would it be?

Oops, sorry. XD (Ooh, that’s so cool that your WIP has lots of powers!!!!!!!) Being able to fly and force things are EXCELLENT choices!!!!! I think I’m going to choose being able to fly.

Last question: do you have an adventure streak?

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! *high-fives ya* I totally have an adventure streak too!!!!!!!😛 Best thing in the world! XD

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                        Fall in love with Jesus

Joelle Stone
                        @joelle-stone

@nova21,

Sry it took me so long to respond. Your blurb is EXCELLENT and very very intriguing. Let me know when it’s published!! 😀

@lydia-s

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Life is so busy right now, haha.

Lol, you have one of those notes too?! Awesome. 🙂 And aw, thx. <3 I appreciate it very much.

(Wait, dittoing is a word? *shrieks* IT IS!! AHA!)

@mkfairygirl

Like I told Lydia and Ella, sorry for not responding earlier!

Okay, I’ll check out some of Baker’s books! I think I’ve seen them at the library once or twice, but never actually read them. *makes mental note to check next week*

Kathleen
                          @kathleenramm
                            • Total Posts: 635

@joelle-stone

Oh cool!! I am still being raised by it. XD My family owns several of the tape albums and a couple random albums from the whole Novacom Saga, but we mostly use the AIO Club nowadays. Do you have the Club by any chance? I go by Aquarium on there.

We used to have AOA club, but it’s been years since I’ve listened to any Adventures and Odyssey, but just hearing about the Novacom Saga is so nostalgic for me. XD

Lord of the Rings, then The Wingfeather Saga (by Andrew Peterson), and a tie between Keeper of the Lost Cities (by Shannon Messenger) and 100 Cupboards (by N.D. Wilson). What about you?

Yes, Lord of the Rings is FANTASTIC! I just read it last year and loved how fluid the writing style was and how immersive the world was. I’ve heard so much about the Wingfeather Saga and 100 Cupboards, and I really want to read them soon. What make them some of your favorites?

As for some of my favorite, well, is it strange to say that I don’t think I’ve found my all-time favorite books yet? I’ve always been reading, but I’ve only just started reading a lot consistently recently, so I feel like there are a lot of awesome books out there that I just haven’t read yet.

But that being said, some books that I really do enjoy are LotR, the first Hunger Games book, and the 4th installment of the All the Wrong Questions Series.

And I’m with ya on Polar bears! However cute Penguins are, Polar bears are pretty cool.

Lydia S.
                            @lydia-s

@joelle-stone

No, I totally get it! I can’t come on on Wednesdays, so don’t worry about delayed answers. 😉

Yup, I sure do! You and Phoenix are the two I have listed. And anytime. <3

I know, isn’t that fun?! lol

Beth Darlene
                              @beth-darlene
                                • Total Posts: 34

@joelle-stone

Hey! I ‘know’ you! =)

Jominkreesa!
                                #justiceforadamtoledo

Joelle Stone
                                @joelle-stone

@beth-darlene,

Hm… I do believe I’ve seen you before… 😛

Hi Beth, good to ‘see’ you! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >