Once Upon A Time My Story Began

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Once Upon A Time My Story Began

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    TheArcaneAxiom
    @thearcaneaxiom
      • Total Posts: 1251

@crocheter12

Hi Crocheter12! Welcome to KP!

I’m the ArcaneAxiom. I love math, searching for fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I prefer to read and write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current WIP is a multiverse project with my sister (@princessachronicles) called the Septrum. Congrats on all your publishing!!!

Questions!

What is eyes of blue about?

What genre is it?

What is your favorite aspect of the worldbuilding, character, or plot in your stories, or perhaps some other story you’ve heard?

And last but not least:

Is your perception of red the same as my perception of red within our minds? Or do we simply agree that red things are red, never knowing what the other actually perceives?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@thearcaneaxiom I have an answer for the red question!

So what humans call “red” is a wavelength of light. If we are seeing the same wavelength of light from the same object, then it makes sense that we are both calling it red.

However, some humans have colorblindness, or another extremely rare mutation that gives them extra light-sensing cone cells in their eyes. Since red objects rarely put out just one wavelength of light, they might see those multiple wavelengths as a different color, or just not see those wavelengths at all.

So I think in most cases, yes, it’s the same perception, unless you have a rare condition.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@crocheter12 Yeah it’s kinda fussy right now. Hopefully someone will fix it.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom
            • Total Posts: 1251

@keilah-h

While what you’ve said is true, that we indeed are processing the same wavelengths of light, are you so sure that we experience the same thing when processing the same color of wavelength? The input is the same, and the retinal functions are the same, but when it reaches the mind, how do you know it’s the same? This follows the same principle as the question what does salt taste like? I can’t give you my experience of red, no matter how hard I try with words, I can give you something red, but how do we know that we are experiencing the red the same?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Crocheter12
            @crocheter12
              • Total Posts: 15

Solfyre— (I think it was you) Signups for YDubs are open!

TheArcaneAixon— WEOB is a middle grade novel in the vein of Mara, Daughter of the Nile, of a girl who comes to trust in Yahweh. I love unique worlds where I feel like I know the place, and I love relatable characters where it’s like I’m their best friend! Umm unless one of us is colorblind? (I’m not)

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@thearcaneaxiom There’s the problem. Without a machine to measure the mind–or telepathy–we have no way of knowing whether two different humans perceive the same thing.

We could ask the same of a human and an animal, too, but we’d have no way of knowing.

Starshiness
                @starshiness
                  • Total Posts: 174

@crocheter12 Oo that sounds like a great anthology theme. Do you have a website or writergram or anything like that with more info?

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Crocheter12
                  @crocheter12
                    • Total Posts: 15

Starshiness— no, I’m afraid not. But if you’re interested, i can give you the google docs links!

Light Warrior Pen
                    @light-warrior-pen
                      • Total Posts: 103

@crocheter12

Hey! I’m Light Warrior Pen, a Romantic Suspense writer who dabbles in other genres. Welcome!

That’s awesome you’re published. I was recently published as well, only it was just an article. I loved Mara Daughter of the Nile. I have a fascination for Ancient Egypt.

I know people have rained questions on you, but I’m gonna add a few more.

What are elements do you love to include in a story?

Do you have any marketing tips?

Do you plan to stay on the self published route, or will you ever try to be traditionally published? Or will you be a hybrid author?

What is your favorite character you’ve ever created?

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Starshiness
                      @starshiness
                        • Total Posts: 174

@crocheter12 (Sorry for the late response!) Oh yeah sure that would be great!

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >