Once Upon A Time My Story Began

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Once Upon A Time My Story Began

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Crocheter12
    @crocheter12
      • Total Posts: 15

Esther— thanks! I would visit Egypt and Israel because those are the settings of my published book With Eyes of Blue. My fav planet is Saturn because of he rings,  but I like Pluto for being the underdog there:). I’m kinda both, but I’m becoming much more of a plotter as I go.

Solfyre— how cool! Are you doing the Young Writers Challenge? And you’ll see me around! I’m Erin Hylands on there 😉

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

@crocheter12

Cool! I’ll definitely be looking out for you. As for the Young Writers Challenge, I’ve heard of it, but I never really knew what it was. Would you mind explaining? 😅🤣

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Crocheter12
        @crocheter12

It is an event that helps you develop your story!

Also, what name do you plan on being under? (In case I get assigned you as welcome buddy;)

also, signups begin I believe in a week!

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin

@crocheter12

Oh, okay! Thanks!

My name is Ava Murbarger, I’ll probably be under that.

Yeah, I know! XD I keep checking the website to make sure I’m write. Can you tell I’m excited? Lol

Crocheter12
            @crocheter12

Okay!

Im glad you’re excited!!! I think (don’t quote me) signups begin next week.

I hope to see you there!

what’s your current WIP? Do you have one?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

@crocheter12

I hope so too!

Yes, I have a few (I get distracted lol, which is probably the hardest part of writing for me). I’ve been trying to focus more on my main WIP, Healer. It’s a sci-fi/fantasy story, kind of complicated, but it’s in the novel critiques section if you want to take a look at it. It’s in the very first draft, in a kind of worldbuilding phase, but it’s something. I also have The Dragonsbane Society posted,which has been purely pantsed so far, and an old WIP Finding the Light which I want to get back to once I’m through with Healer.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Total Posts: 3875

@crocheter12 I have published books too! They’re short picture books, but they’re something.

Aggh, where are my manners? I’m Keilah, nice to meet you!

Now for questions!!

1. Ever written a fan fiction?
                  2. Opinions on lizards? I like them a lot, but not a lot of people do….
                  3. Did you say your most recent one is fairy tales made modern??? I’d love to hear more!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Euodia
                  @euodia-vision
                    • Total Posts: 1306

Hello! Welcome to KP! (are you on Writer’s Vision, cuz I think I’ve seen you around on there.)

I’m euodia.vision (you can call me Euodia, Vision, EV, whatever you like)! I’m a Christian homeschooled junior in high school who loves to read and write fantasy. I make my home in the world of Tolkien and Middle-earth, but I enjoy the occasional visits to Aerwiar and Narnia. Marvel is my second love (could talk about it all day). I’m an ISFJ, who loves the Lord and her family.

I don’t remember what has been asked already buuuut, questions for you!

1. Other hobbies besides writing & reading?

2. Do you have another WIP or are you taking a break after publishing?

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Starshiness
                    @starshiness
                      • Total Posts: 174

@crocheter12 STOP THAT’S IMPRESSIVE!!!

Like seriously, I have so much respect for the people who just go ahead and get their books/stories published while I’m over here underestimating myself and rewriting and never being satisfied with my edits and good gracious, the cycle never ends XD. I am entertaining the idea of compiling and publishing a book of poetry though 👀. I’m just not entirely sure how to go about it… okay I have no idea at all how to go about it… we’ll figure that out eventually 👍🏽😂

Anyhoo, HI! I’m Starshiness! A formerly homeschooled highschool graduate attending college this coming fall 🙂 So glad you found KP and have joined our community! Don’t be shy about jumping right into the conversations, sharing your writing, or asking for help, we’re all here for ya! See you around KP!

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Crocheter12
                      @crocheter12

Solfyre— That’s so cool!

Euodia-vision— I also love to crochet!! I have too many WIPs, way too many! I’m currently working on a short story collection called Chronicles of a Homeschooler.

Keilah— Yep! And I just finished and printed it. It’s coming in hopefully in a week. It’s a Princess Academy Fanfiction! Umm… lizards. They lose their tails. LOL that’s about all i know.  Yes! My most recent one is Fairy Tales Made Modern. Go to lulu.com, search Erin Hylands, and you can see my three published books!

starshiness— I am coleading an anthology of poetry! Let me know if you have questions. And just do it! Stop underestimating yourself. See you around!

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3875

@crocheter12 Ha ha, lizards do lose their tails. And can regrow them, too! The tail doesn’t grow a whole new lizard though.

Some of them are quite cute. The forum is glitched and won’t allow pictures, but once it does again, I’ll show you a giant day gecko. They’re one of my favorites.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                          @kyronthearcanin

@crocheter12

Oooh the fairy tales made modern one looks cool, too… I love twists on fairy tales, but I’ve never tried them myself.

(I’ll admit, I’ve never read any Shakespeare, but the book about Mary looks cool too 🙂)

@starshiness

*after stalking XD* From what I’ve seen of your writing, I bet your poetry is/would be great! I don’t know anything about publishing, so I can’t help you there. (If you should ever happen to post any poetry on KP, I’d love to read it, just sayin’ 😉)

Starshiness
                            @starshiness
                              • Total Posts: 174

@crocheter12 Really! That’s super cool, does this anthology have a theme? 👀 I’ve been wanting to publish in an anthology as well but haven’t been aware of any open ones. Aw thanks for the encouragement!

@kyronthearcanin
                              XD stalk away my friend, we all do it lollll. Aww thanks so much! I’ve posted a little bit on the poetry topic and I have a couple more I’m thinking of adding as well… I can tag you when I post if you’d like to read it 🙃

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin

@starshiness

Yes, absolutely tag me! *rushes to look at poetry * XD

Crocheter12
                                @crocheter12

Keilah— Okay! (Yeah, I’ve been trying to update my pfp and banner, but can’t do that…)

Starshiness— if you want, you can join my Identity anthology! We are doing stories/poems that share our identity in Christ, not anything else.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >