NaNoWriMo HQ

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

And then, my personal favorite, Isla Rowne:)

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m
        • Total Posts: 1242

@writerlexi1216

Alexa it is then! Besides, that’s an extremely awesome name:D
        *Pokes head back into KP website after so long* So much has been changing and just like you said, I’m thinking “how much did I miss??” A lot I suppose, but yes, ‘crammed schedule’ should have been my middle name XD Thank you for being so understanding, I genuinely appreciate that, (I’m surprised and grateful that I’m still being tagged for things around here). I hope things will lighten up too:)
        Hey, that’s awesome! *Fingers crossed too* that’d be awesome for you to finish your draft by the end of June!!! But don’t worry whatsoever if you finish a little past June (I usually speak from experience when I say that type of thing), I wish the best of writerl- okay, I have a feeling that that’s getting to be an old catchphrase, but in any case, it’s so amazing how far you’ve come with Fortitude and even more amazing that you stick it and please tell me when you finish this draft because I want to be the very first to congratulate you for that absolutely INCREDIBLE achievement!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 That will be so amazing, *rummages through several boxes of things for special occasions* *grabs the streamers* I’m all set to celebrate when you finish it! 😀

That’s wonderful to hear that your writing has been going well!:D And that you’ve been making progress on your chapters and I still think that the chapter where they enter The Golden City is amazing. Newton is the perfect character to have as the direct POV for that one:D
        Thank you! And thank you as well for asking:D It’s been going well I believe:) It can be very difficult to find the time to write, so I mainly write in dashes whenever I have a spare piece of time. But as for the writing itself, it’s going pretty well. I have decided that my two first drafts of TSW are going to be more of ‘zero drafts’ as godlyfantasy12 put it. Valuable, but still more of a zero, (which is kind of a relief actually) but I still wrote ‘second draft’ on the new NaNo goal anyway *shrugs* oh well 🙂 I’ve been rethinking a lot about TSW, weeding out dud or unnecessary themes, writing deeper into character development and reconsidering the function and lifestyle of the warrior system. So I’ve been finding some breakthroughs in their characters and some surprising stuff about their personas. And I’ve also been working on a couple of short pieces to send off and also a few fun TSW scenes such as one where Mejia and her band are in Destal one night during a midnight village celebration. The scene’s purpose is mainly to foreshadow a series of things. But for the most part, they’re all taking the festivities very contradictorily XD

Thank you!! 😀 I’m sure Arlo thanks you too and yep, he’s a puppy:) A very mischief prone puppy though XD
        No problem! I often enjoy rambling about farm life, and I am just happy that it all made sense. It’s definitely hard work and different for sure, (I honestly have years worth of stories XD ).
        Yes! I do take photography for TSW, but mostly during winter and so sadly, I’ve got a wait until I can take more scenery shots:( Though I still try my hand at making and taking aesthetic or diorama photos:)
        In preparation for winter photography though, I hope to actually recreate TSW cast costumes, (the two I’m most looking forward to making are Mejia’s and Artur’s).
        Haha nope, mud is never fun. But the animals never agree and decide that I must love getting covered with it as much as they do XD Aw, you have dogs too? That’s awesome:) But yes, right next to horses, dogs are the muddiest possible pets, (but they’re worth it;)
        That’s so cool that you had parakeets! They are definitely talkative little birds when they want to be and are for certain beautiful:)

I do that all the time too since it’s important to write the scene that you want to write above the one you feel like you should write… which is the main cause of why I don’t really number my TSW chapters because I have so many ‘insert chapter where such and such go there’ or ‘scene for this to happen’ or something like that XD And double ‘ugh’. Pacing is a challenge of a challenge or a challenge, *frantically waves sword* it’s a good thing that pacing doesn’t matter too much in the early drafts though 🙂

*Blinks* alright, alright, hold it just one second there. DEEK GOES ON A DATE?!??!?!?!? I mean yes, you said he was only pretending and it was to get information, but, still, HE REALLY DOES??? Oh my word, that is just, that is just *screams* I just can’t even tell you how much I love how that whole scene just flashed through my head. That concept is so brilliant and especially for Deek, (I can imagine he wasn’t the biggest fan of the idea huh?) How did he come to go on this pretend date??? 😀
        And a whole other holding up for just a second. This is getting better and better by the second with Caira and Newton’s dynamics here, (they’re just so much fun to watch and are so CUTE!) YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT THEY SHARE AN ACTUAL FIRST KISS BEFORE THE CONFESSION AND- Okay, I already adore this to the millionth percentile. And a do-it-to-avoid-death scenario type kiss is- *screams* *fangirls* I LOVE IT!!! *Gasps* What happened???????  😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I love absolutely  love this so much and I loved it also where Caira slaps his face and calls him a ‘good-for-nothing scoundrel’ XD XD

That’s so cool! Haha, that’s sort of frightening XD Wait, Caira is going to be offered the crown of Aldova? Alana is going to confess her love to Deek?? Newton might become a pastor??? OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! I love it all, I mean I truly think it is all just *waits for the streamers that I released to clear away from my screen* Amazing!!! So Alana really did have a crush on Deek then?? *Sobs* EVIE’S WHAT!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!? Evie’s possible death?!?!?? I-I-but- *cries a tissue box empty* Poor Evie!! *Covers Evie’s ears* That’s so heartbreaking to even think about!!! :’( Though, how exactly does a ghost die? There are ways, I know, but I was just wondering. *Sniffs* But it is still so sad!!D:
        Newton becoming a pastor also, that’s, I think that that might just be the most perfect job ever for him!!! 😀 😀 😀 Especially how he is an atheist-turned-Christian earlier on in the series and everything:D Wow, that is so interesting and awesome and kind of scary to think about! Haha, I’d love to see Caira’s expression if you told her that she would marry Newton one day XD
        My characters? I would probably have to hide somewhere and send them the news by a letter or something because I’d be terrified to tell them to their faces. If I told Lila that her brother might be Artur? Morio that he’d betray Mejia? Anton that he’d be turned nomad for over a year? Filip that he’d be given a command to leave Mejia’s band in order to rejoin the archers’ territory? Mejia that she’d eventually fall in love with Filip?… *gulp* Even if I hid somewhere, I’d still be scared to let them know all this before it happens XD

*High fives* that is literally my favorite thing to do with my characters 😀
        XD That’s an awesome response from Caira! And that’s so true how that is motivating, I often think “Mejia wouldn’t put this off” or “Mejia would get this done,” and Mejia often gets mixed up in decisions from time to time as well. Hmm, I think my favorite responses from Mejia that I have gotten thus far is when she pushes me to the keyboard or pen and tells me to get writing XD

That sounds extremely interesting and awesome! Acari… that’s a perfect name! Wow, I mean that is really amazing and everything about her sounds intriguing from Caira seeing her during a dream to trying to keep Caira from finding the crystal tree to Caira possibly worrying about becoming Acari herself! 😀

That’s true, you don’t want to overwhelm yourself or your story. Writing can seem more like work than pleasure if you put too much pressure on yourself. But actually, I think Fortitude is brilliant as a trilogy, (I mean that’s just me and trust me when I say that I’m a number one fan no matter the direction you take with it:) but that would be awesome if you included Newton’s proposal in a diary entry:D or depending on the timeline, you might be able to include it, I just know it’ll be great either way. *Sigh* Just thinking about the proposal makes me fangirl so much for how utterly sweet it is! 😀
        Really? XD Well actually that sounds like it would have been really sweet (I can just picture Newton shyly presenting a white and pink -I may be wrong about the colors- bouquet). But honestly, I love their relationship/romance arc so much more 🙂

Aww, that’d be super cute if Deek and Alana had a romantic interest in each other, (it’s kind of hard for me to imagine Deek as romantic XD but yet thinking about the possibility of Deek being romantic is so utterly adorable)

Yikes. Side by side wanted posters? *Gulps* I can already feel the tension and I love how the stakes are climbing! 😀 And that wasn’t too detailed in the least! I loved reading those clothing descriptions, they were beautiful and I can just picture Evie and her starry cloak. I can picture all of them adorning their new Cava style and aww, that’s so cute Deek begrudgingly giving up his old boots XD Newton doesn’t change his look too much, and that’s funny how Caira is disgusted with his old cloak. I remember her mentioning it in her diary when she was trying to reason with herself that she didn’t like him XD

Mmm, sweet honey bread and starry cloaks… I want to go to Cava so badly now!! It sounds beautiful. Do you think Newton would show me there too next time I visit Aldova? That is if he isn’t too busy of course. It’s just I think everything about it sounds so captivating. I can easily see how Caira was enchanted by the attire there, (I’m with you Caira, it sounds magnificently beautiful!) *Sigh* I thinks it’s so neat how the food is sweeter and the colors are warmer and how the tradesmen systems work for trading and that is so interesting how jewels are so rare! 😀
        Okay, I love Uroh already. As in I really like Uroh, he sounds like such a fascinating character and reminds me of the boy who taught Oliver to pickpocket in Charles Dickens: Oliver Twist, (I remember liking him too). And that’s just priceless how he mistakes Caira for being Newton’s girlfriend XD I can see that happening so clearly: Uroh casually assuming that they were a couple and Caira setting him straight on that XD How did Newton react? What does Uroh wear? What does Newton bribe him with to keep quiet? Where does he live? He has instantly piqued my curiosity! And that name suits him wonderfully!:D
        Ivee and a battle breaking out in the city sound so suspenseful, (this battle sounds amazing! In a frightening, suspenseful, I can’t wait to read it kind of way of course:D ). And I still can’t get over the idea of Deek going on a date!

Newton had been starving?! I feel so horrible for him!! Poor Newton, starving and not letting anyone know and then getting caught by Caira. But that is so sweet that Caira had gone into the bakery and bought loaves of bread for Newton. I guess he was slightly shocked huh? Or maybe not, I can imagine he was surprised though:) That’s so adorable that they finally started to understand each other and their exchange was particularly cute and when Newton asked, “friends…? Is that what we are?” *Melts* It’s so sweet!

Of course! I’m so glad that it was helpful!:D
        *Gasps* YASSS!!! ANY I MEAN ANY SCENE THAT YOU’D WANT TO SHARE, I WOULD ONE THOUSAND PERCENT LOVE TO READ!!!!!!! That would be so amazing and YESYESYES if you ever need any critiquing help with it, *shoots hand up in the air* I would gladly accept the honor! 😀 😀 😀
        And *tries my very hardest to keep from screaming, knowing I’ll fail such an impossible attempt* I’m so happy to hear that you’d want to share some of it because I’d ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOVE TO READ IT 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Of course, I will definitely share any of TSW animation once I complete it! 😀 Although it probably won’t be for a very long time, since the practicing/process/design/animatics/courses/concepts/drawing in general/just about everything, takes a very long time, especially since I’m also noveling. But trust me, I will 100000000000000000% make sure your the first to see any Fortitude or TSW animation 😀 And that makes me happier than you can imagine that you’d say it’d be a dream come true to see, ( because that is such an enormous encouragement and motivation for me.) And of course, someday, once I finally get my animating to where I want it to be, Fortitude will be my absolute honor and privilege to animate 😀
        I asked Kathleen once about the links, but I believe it’s just the site format since some sites take videos differently. And since I don’t post on the media, I don’t think KP can take mine. But that’s a great idea! I’m going to see if I can figure out a way to post the book trailer on Google hangouts and let you know if it works!:)

Yep, nine. *Sigh* XD It’s frustrating sometimes because some books I can literally read in a day and others take me months, but oh well 🙂 Ooh, The Writer’s Journey? I am seriously interested in that! By Christopher Vogler? *Jots it on the list of books to read* I’ll be sure to look it up at the library on my next visit because that sounds like an amazing book! 😀 Yeah, same here, I am an incredibly slow reader. The total opposite of my sister, she was through the Hobbit and book of short stories and another one that I’m forgetting in less than a week. But *shrugs* oh well and honestly, I think reading slowly helps to focus on the writing and to see what the author did:)

Thank you! I hope to finish the first draft by the end of June hopefully, edit it through July, and actually, I plan on having a presentable draft of it by the end of July! Yeah, I know that sounds like a while for just a presentable draft, but noveling-plus farming-plus a nutty schedule results in a longer timeline for stuff.
        I have been making changes to the plot as I outline it, but overall I’m making progress on it and I can’t wait to post it!! 😀 😀 😀
        XD That’s exactly how Mejia was when she cut Filip down from that tree XD Filip was so horrified by it all and Mejia herself mostly ignored all of his excuse-making. My favorite part was, as you said, how Filip was greatly frustrated that Mejia had to see him like that:) It didn’t help his dignity one bit, that’s for certain XD

Haha yep, Mejia is just- well I’ve been rewriting a scene that includes her and Filip in an awkward moment… and none of us are seeing eye to eye on this XD
        So yeah, she’d be removing any trace of romance from the novel if she had her way with it:)
        Yes, I do feel sorry for doing that to Filip, and trying to explain plot and character development never works so *sigh* He was about thirteen when his father died, so only three years prior to meeting Mejia. It’s especially heartbreaking since his father had taught Filip almost everything he knew, even riding and they were practically best friends. And at the time of the stampede, he was looking through his personal stock for the best horse he had for Filip, (which was Aspen). So it was an extremely hard thing for Filip, (especially since he believes it hadn’t been an accident).

Aw, all of those responses from your characters are positively amazing! It nearly makes me tear up to think about Newton struggling with the pen and realizing that his hard childhood made him a better person and a better future father:D That’s just so sweet of him to reflect:) Whoa, Evie might have been evil once? PLOT TWIST! (I love shouting that when I hear of really good plot twists so you’ll have to forgive me there, but wow, that’s an awesome one!)

*Gasps* I remember you mentioning Jasper! And Callie is the name of your other cat right? Awwwwwww, *melts* That is such a sweet story about how you adopted him!!:’) Like something right out of a novel! That’s so adorable!!! 😀 😀

Absolutely! I would love to tell you anything at all about horses, their mannerisms, habits, psychology, anatomy, physical abilities and or conditions, conformation variations, quirks, anything really!:D I think I have honestly bored everyone I know with horse facts and jargon XD So please ask any and every question about horses that you have in that scene because I’d be only too happy to answer every single one!!! Big questions, small questions, even if you have literally a million questions, I’ll ecstatically answer all of them!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 AND AH!! I CAN HARDLY EVEN WAIT TO READ THIS SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Ooh, a battle against a pack of wolves in an ‘enchanted’ forest? I love everything about that and I love wolf battles or any scenes with wolves really (they can make awesome characters, villains or not). Plus I’m adoring all the tension and when you said that they just stared at each other and Caira said she was only returning the favor… I just loved it all! (You were worried about him weren’t you Caira?;)

*Mejia contemplates the question and answers, “easily” XD* *sigh* I have a feeling that she would ban Filip at that too since he manages to get on her nerves like no one else can even try, *counts on one hand, two ha-, no wait, I don’t have enough hands to count all the scenes where Filip does something to get Mejia’s feathers ruffled* half the time he doesn’t mean it, but the other half? Sometimes it makes me wonder why she hasn’t banned him yet XD

YOU DID??? *screams* Thankyouthankyouthankyou OH MY GOODNESS I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 *GASPS* AND YES! OF COURSE I’D LOVE TO SEE ARYA’S!!! (If you can’t tell, I’m super excited XD ).

Aww, that is just devastating to think of Newton never being told he was loved and never knowing what it was like to care about another person.
        “Newton staggers into the church, his face and clothes filthy, his heart yearning for help, and nothing to his name except a past he isn’t proud of and a reputation for thievery” … that hit me right in the heart. I just want to hug him. Literally, that is the sweetest and saddest thing ever. *Sniffs* I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this part of Newton’s arc, it’s just so touching and heartwarming. And I can envision it all so clearly: Newton feeling like he got caught intruding, thinking he’d be scolded for sure, and then would probably be relieved and confused when the pastor showed him compassion… *sniffles* someday I know I’ll definitely cry when I read it. It’s all so moving and sweet and beautiful:)

Hmm, that’s very true that battles should never be too easily won… but I think you’ve been doing a great job at creating dangerous villains. As in (and to coin the phrase) I’m literally shaking in my boots when I think of Primrose and everything she’s done/will do; *to Caira* I’m ready to help you fight her Caira! And Pirion, I feel sympathetic towards him on one hand and yet, on the other hand, I think about him brainwashing Newton and- and, where did I put my sword anyway? Can Pirion swordfight? Seriously though, I think you have some seriously awesome villains! 😀

Of course! Daydreaming about characters is an incredibly important part of writing them and just for the writing itself and is just the fun-est thing ever!! (I can’t believe ‘funnest’ isn’t a word, but I guess I can’t argue with the dictionary XD ). Aw, all those were spectacular answers:) I can definitely see Alana making fun dares and Deek enjoying teasing the others and that is so cute how Newton got curious as soon as Caira admitted that she had a crush on someone;)

Of course I like her already! A Female Knight? Are you kidding? Felicity sounds so amazing. Ah, yes, I know the torch-less underground maze known as Character Development, *shudders* no actually, I adore developing characters, but it is for certain a huge challenge sometimes. Do you like character questionnaires? If so, I know a couple of writers’ resources where there are some really great ones, but if not, that’s totally okay because I know some writers prefer not to use that method. But either way, I know Felicity is going to be awesome:)

Thank you! No, I didn’t illustrate them, but when I saw that picture, I was practically looking over my shoulder shouting for Mejia to come and look at it XD

Abigail.M.
        @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

And I positively ADORE those portraits of Evie, Arya, and Isla!!!!!!! Evie’s cloak design is so mystical and mysterious, and Arya looks just like I imagined and Isla? She’s stunning!! I adore all of your line art and the cross-hatching and shadowing effects and all of the beautiful small details like Isla’s collar:D I can’t tell you how amazing they are, I mean THEY ARE ASTONISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Aww, thank you!!!:) Oh yes, everything always looks so strange after being gone for so long… I feel like I’ve missed so much every time I come back. Haha yes, my schedule is SO crammed even with being on summer break, so *raises hand* I totally understand being busy! I’ve been telling myself I need to make a schedule to make time, but I don’t even have time to make time XD. Aw, THANK YOU so much!! I’m really pushing myself to finish it so that I can begin my new WIP this July, and *sighs of relief* thank you!! Oh no, that phrase isn’t old at all!! (Actually, I’ve found myself wanting to say it because of how much I love it!!:) Aww, I’ll TOTALLY let you know when I’ve finished it, I’m so honored to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

*gasps* Streamers are my favorite!!! Aw, thanks! It’s been a little bit of a struggle trying to wrap up the novel this month (and fighting with my characters XD) but I’m really hoping I can get it done! I’m just so glad you think that chapter sounds amazing, because I thought giving Newton another POV chapter would be interesting (and honestly, his POV is a LOT easier to write than anyone else’s). Of course! And I’m glad your writing has been going well!! I totally understand feeling like you’re in a crunch for time, especially with writing. I hope your schedule lightens up so you’ll have more time with it!:) Oh, really? I think that’s a great idea to step back and look over your work (which is probably what I’ll do after this month), so I totally encourage you with it!! That’s so AMAZING that you’ve been getting breakthroughs, too!!! If you ever need to talk through some things about it, *hand raises* I’d be more than happy to listen and help!!! *gasps* Ooh, some short pieces? Mind if I ask what they are? 😀 😀 And wow, that scene sounds so… so… *flips through dictionary* extraordinary, amazing, spectacular, and astounding! And it sounds like such a great scene for all of their dynamics, with all of them having very different opinions about the festivities XD Ooh, that foreshadowing sounds mysterious! 😉

Of course!! Aww, yes, all puppies (and cats, sometimes) have mischief XD He sounds so cute though, what breed is he? 🙂 Oh yes, of course it all made sense!! I’ve always been curious what it’s like to live on a farm (and have considered writing about characters who live on farms as well), so that was SO interesting and thank you for telling me!! *gasps* YOU’RE GOING TO RECREATE COSTUMES FOR TSW? *mouth falls open* Whoa, that sounds so incredibly amazing!! And I love the idea of aesthetic and diorama photos!!! I would LOVE to see what they look like when you’re done, if you wouldn’t mind sharing!! 😀 😀 😀 Yup, I have three outdoor dogs! I don’t visit them often though because they’re very muddy, though, but they ARE worth it;) Awh, thanks! My sister had them before, too—she loves birds, so that’s one reason why I got them too:)

Yep, I use parentheses all. the. time to move ahead, which is why it’s been a struggle filling in scenes now that I’m finally hitting the climax… *sighs* And yes, pacing is definitely a challenge of a challenge of a challenge XD I think my characters are just as angry about the story’s pacing as I am. That’s true! Pacing is for later drafts, so I try not to worry about it too much:)

*grins* Unfortunately for Deek, yes, he does go on a “date”. He calls it an ‘interrogation’ rather than a ‘date’, though, because he’s not fond of the idea at all and tried his hardest to get out of it XD Yes, it was only for information’s sake (and he went under the fake alias of ‘Bastian’ so he wouldn’t be recognized) but he did indeed agree to the plot. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Honestly I was worried it might not be a very good idea, so thank you SO very very very much for saying that it was brilliant! Deek was definitely objecting to the idea whenever Caira suggested the idea while they were at a cafe. Caira said that they needed to get information from Ivee, and the best thing she could think of was a date between she and Deek. She said that of course Newton couldn’t do it since he was a wanted criminal (and besides, Newton wouldn’t agree to it anyway), so Deek was the only option left. When Deek adamantly refuses, Caira says, “If not for the information… would you do it for me?” Deek finally (and begrudgingly) agrees to go on a pretend date only for Caira’s sake. He and Ivee meet at the cafe that next night, and though Deek is subtly interrogating her, he keeps complaining about it XD Aww, I can’t say ‘yay’ enough times to express how happy that makes me!!! THANK YOU!!!

And YES, they do! (I wanted to include a kiss between them in the first book, so I thought that was the most believable way to do it.) Awwwh! *internally screams louder than possible* *I can’t type because of how happy I am* Thank you!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 It actually happens during Deek and Ivee’s date/interrogation, when Caira and Newton are standing on a bridge overlooking the cafe in case anything goes wrong. (Once again, Caira and Newton are on a bridge, symbolic of the confession 😉 ) Everything is progressing smoothly until Newton finds a hoard of soldiers now coming up on the bridge, and he and Caira become terrified at the fact that they’re now trapped on the bridge. And so, when the soldiers get closer, Newton and Caira step into the shadows, and Newton decides to kiss Caira so the soldiers wouldn’t be suspicious of them. Caira is completely stunned and tries her hardest to break free from him (and she actually tries hitting him with her fists), until she goes through with it purely for the sake of not being seen as the soldiers cross the bridge. When it’s clear, Newton breaks away, and both of them are terrified for a moment. Caira slaps him out of frustration, and they argue again, with Newton saying it was only for necessity. Caira firmly tells him that they’ll never speak of it again and that they’re only friends, to which Newton agrees. Aww, THANK YOU so much!! And yes, Caira doesn’t enjoy the moment at all XD

Thank you!! And *nods slowly* yep, she does! (spoiler warning ahead) At the end of the trilogy, Pirion is removed from the throne (even though he isn’t the true villain, he’s still banished from royalty). Aldova needs a new ruler, so all eyes turn to Caira to be the new queen since she’s the one that saved the kingdom. The crown is offered to her, though Caira finally rejects it, much to everyone’s shock. Caira then explains that, from the beginning, the only thing she’s wanted is to have a normal life, and now that her quest is over, she just wants to settle down with her family and enjoy every moment rather than having the responsibility. She says that she doesn’t need a crown to have power, but that her memories with her family and her relationships are enough. It’s odd to think of Caira being the queen of a kingdom (and it’s even stranger to think of Newton being the king), so she just settles down with Newton instead.

And yes, Alana actually does confess her feelings for Deek, possibly in Book Two. Alana starts having a crush on him not long after their first meeting, but she’s awkward because she’s never felt that way about someone before, so she just ignores it. But after Alana gets fatally ill (this is when Newton and Caira go scaling the cliffs together to find the medicine and Deek stays behind to care for her), she and Deek get really close and actually bond over that short time. After Alana gets better, she’s feeling very conflicted about her feelings and isn’t as hyper and bouncy as she usually is. One night, she sits on her reindeer’s back and watches the stars, thinking, and that’s when Deek finds her (this is one of Deek’s softer moments). He climbs up on her reindeer to sit beside her, and he’s heartbroken when he starts to ask why she’s been ignoring him and if he’s done something to hurt her. Alana hesitates, and then says, “Can I say something that I’m probably going to regret?” Alana then blurts out the fact that she loves Deek and that she’s been ignoring him because she’s felt so awkward and conflicted. It isn’t as prominent as Newton and Caira’s romance, and most of the feelings are on Alana’s end anyway, but there’s still some slight romantic hints.

*grins* Yup, Newton will probably become a pastor, because I thought it fit his character since he was an atheist-turned-Christian (and it would even help him overcome his stuttering). I thought it was pretty cute, thinking about Newton preaching from a pulpit while Caira and their five children proudly watched him from below:)

Awww, YAY, THANK YOU so incredibly much!!! I’m just so ecstatic that you love all those ideas because honestly I was nervous maybe they weren’t very good, so a thousand thank yous!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 *grins at all the streamers* Thank you! And yes, she did!:) *sniffles* Sadly, yes, I think Evie does die (which does sound strange, considering she’s a ghost. I thought about having her “disappear” or something ghost-like… I’ll have to figure that out, but somehow or another she “dies”). I tried to talk myself out of it because Evie and Caira’s friendship is so sweet, but unfortunately I don’t think it feels right to have her stick around. *pulls out tissues as well* (This sounds odd, but it actually makes me SO happy that you feel close enough to her to be so sad!) *sighs* I’m not the best at killing characters (as in, I have a hard time deciding who dies and who doesn’t because I want to keep them all alive XD), so who knows what’ll happen?

Aww, thank you SO very much!!! I thought it was fitting for Newton’s character for sure, since he has a huge testimony and was helped by the other pastor when he was younger. Thank you so much!!! 🙂 🙂 Oh yes, I would have to hide if I ever dared tell Caira about she and Newton’s future… *shudders* Yeah, I’d better wait until Book Two to tell her XD.

Oh my goodness, I grinned so hard when you said you’d have to send a letter to them because of how they’d respond because I can definitely see that. XD I still just LOVE the fact that Artur might be Lila’s brother! That’s just—that’s such a huge plot twist and I haven’t even read this novel yet! 😀 And wait, Anton becomes a nomad? Filip has to abandon Mejia’s band for the sake of the archers’ territory? *gasps* Oh goodness, I think I would hide with you if you told Mejia about her romance with Filip because I would be terrified to see her face XD. *continues fangirling over absolutely everything* *tries to stay patient until I can read this masterpiece of a novel*

Yes, it’s so much fun (and motivating)! Oh, that’s a perfect response from her!! I can see how that would be incredibly motivating. My characters would tell me the same thing, but I don’t think they want me to keep writing because I’ve hit the climax right now and things aren’t going well XD

Aww, THANK YOU! I’m still undecided on if that’s a side plot or not, but nonetheless I’m SO glad you think it’s an amazing idea!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Thank you so much!!! And yes, I don’t want to stretch the storyline too far so that it seems boring, so I may keep it at three books for now. Aw, that just means the entire world and all of Aldova to me to hear!! Thank you so much, and ditto about TSW, too!! 😉 I probably will include Newton’s proposal in a diary entry, and—Ooh, I could have that be the beginning of the epilogue, too. That would be cute to have Isla writing about how her father proposed to her mother years ago:) Aw, thank you so much, that honestly warms my heart to know to know that you think it’s sweet and that you actually fangirl over it!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 All of your fangirling has been SO motivating for my writing!!!:D

Yup, that’s how it was going to go. XD And aw, thank you! YES, that’s EXACTLY how it would go (and you’re right on the colors of the bouquet since Newton knows those are Caira’s favorite colors:) Yes, me too, but honestly you helped me decide to include the romance so thank you!!!:) I might include some romantic hints between them, who knows? Yes, the thought of Deek being romantic is odd (he wouldn’t be as romantic as Newton can be, though), but I’m trying to warm up to the idea XD. It makes me so happy that you think it’s adorable! Thank you! 😀

Yay, I’m so ecstatic that you enjoyed reading all of that and love how the stakes are climbing! (Seriously, that makes me over the moon to know that!!) Yup, Deek… isn’t very fond of Cava, except for the food. He even objects to wearing anything remotely nice when he goes on his “date” with Ivee, so ‘fancy’ isn’t his style at all XD Yeah, Newton keeps things simple when it comes to appearance, though he does wear a gray-and-blue garment temporarily while he and Caira are on the bridge. Aw, wow, you remember that?? *grins* Thank you SO very much!! Caira is disgusted by how dirty his cloak is at first, but she ends up missing that smell of dirt every time they’re separated and not minding it. Aw, thank you!! And yes, Newton would absolutely show you around Cava—with his photographic memory, he could answer any of your questions:) Caira loves the clothing for sure, and I’m so glad you think it sounds magnificent! I may try illustrating them at Cava someday… Aw, thanks! Honestly, I hadn’t given much thought to those things until you asked those questions, so I should be thanking you for that!:D

*gasps* Aw, really? Yayayay, I’m SO ecstatic/over the moon/all-other-synonyms-to-say-how-happy-I-am!! Uroh is a very interesting character and much like Newton in that he’s a thief, and YES, exactly like the Oliver Twist character!! Haha, yes, Uroh casually assumes Caira is Newton’s girlfriend before Caira definitely sets him straight on the fact that they aren’t a couple XD. Newton didn’t have much of a reaction, and he actually never denies it (he doesn’t love Caira at this point, but he’s started to ‘like’ her more). Uroh wears a golden, ornamented tunic that has touches of light brown and a tie at the waist, as well as sturdy brown boots. Newton bribes him with Talents to keep him quiet (and threatens him with his sword). Uroh lives with his grandfather not far from Cava, in a shack at the base of a mountain. Newton and Caira actually go to his grandfather’s shack in Book Two for business, therefore meeting Uroh again.

Aww, thank you so much!!! I’m so glad you think so!!! 🙂 Wow, thank you! Yes, it’s been VERY suspenseful… while Deek and Ivee are on their “date”, Ivee writes on a napkin to tell Deek that they’re being watched from soldiers across the room, and they begin to secretly talk through writing on napkins so the soldiers won’t hear them, so the tension is very high. Aww, thank you!! Honestly, the “date” scene has become of my favorite scenes I’ve ever written in the book, and I can’t wait to hear what you think of it!! 😀 Yeah, it was amusing writing about Deek going on a date. I’m hoping to illustrate that scene, actually XD.

Yes, Newton has been slightly starving for a while since he used up all his Talents and doesn’t have enough to buy food. He doesn’t want to steal because that might put the others in danger, so he turns to thieving out of trash cans. Aww, thank you!! Yep, Newton was definitely stunned when Caira bought the food for him because that’s one of the kindest things anybody’s ever done for him, even though it wasn’t anything big. He tries to give her the biggest loaf, but they end up breaking it in half and sharing it behind the bread shop:) Aw, thank you SO very much!!! It’s one of my favorite scenes in the entire novel, honestly. I can’t wait for you to read it!!!:D

Aww, YAY, thank you!!! THAT MAKES ME SO ECSTATIC TO HEAR THAT YOU’D LOVE TO READ ANY OF IT!!! Seriously, I’m just thrilled that you’d be willing to help/critique it for me!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 (And if you ever wanted to share any scenes from TSW, I’d 1,000% be glad to read them!!!:) Aw, thank you so so so so so so much!! 😀 😀 😀 YAY!

And double yay that you’ll share some of the animations once you complete them!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE SCENES FROM TSW ANIMATED!!! Oh, I totally understand how that would take a long time to complete—that’s a lot of work and I applaud you for doing all that! *claps* Aww, IT JUST MEANS SO MUCH TO ME THAT YOU’D WANT TO ANIMATE SOME FROM MY NOVEL, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I mean, that’s a pure honor for me to hear and I cannot thank you enough! It would definitely a dream come true because from the moment you mentioned it, I thought “I can’t wait to see this!” Awww, I know I keep saying it, but I mean it every single time when I say thank you!! Yeah, the site can be wonky sometimes (especially with links). I had the hardest time even posting images several months ago… *sighs* Yes, I would love to see it! I wish the site would take them, but I figured the Google hangouts would be the next best thing.

Oh, that’s totally relatable! I’ve been in the middle of these books for forever and I’m hoping to wrap up some of them this summer. Yes, that’s right! I haven’t finished it, though what I have read has been helpful for me! 🙂 Yup, I’m a super slow reader, and—Wait, WHAT? She was through The Hobbit and other books in under a week? Wow, that’s impressive—it took me forever to get through The Hobbit and I haven’t even finished the first LotR book XD. But I totally agree, reading slowly helps you catch more details and see the author’s style better!

*gasps* REALLY?!?!?! Wow, that’s AMAZING! *claps* *pulls out confetti* I can’t wait for whenever you finish your draft, and I’ll always be here to motivate and encourage you the whole way! That actually isn’t a while at all, and especially with such a busy schedule! I’m SO SO SO ecstatic that you’ve been making progress on it, and *takes deep breath* *tries to keep from throwing more confetti but can’t* I CANNOT WAIT TO READ ANY OF IT YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! *internally screams* 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Oh my goodness, I can just envision Mejia’s face when she finds Filip in the tree, and then Filip being horrified and embarrassed that she had to be the one to find him XD. That’s priceless and yet I feel so sorry for Filip being in that situation! Aww, I just love Mejia and Filip’s relationship SO much, you have no idea how much I fangirl over them!! Seriously, they’re just *puts Mejia out of earshot, walks to the other end of Birch Woods and hides in a foxhole* THE CUTEST COUPLE EVER!!! *crawls out of the hole* I don’t think she heard me… And yes, poor Filip’s dignity XD. *gasps* That scene sounds so interesting!! What is it? What happens? Why is it awkward? Don’t feel like you have to elaborate, I just got so curious (especially if it’s between those two) when you said they aren’t seeing eye to eye. I can imagine that XD Aw, I can also imagine Mejia removing the whole romance side-plot from the novel and leaving it at that XD (Sorry Mejia, but I’m glad you don’t have your way with it because I just love how cute you and Filip are 😉 ) *fangirls* Aww, thirteen? That’s so heartbreaking that he lost his father in the stampede, and how his father taught him how to ride, and (correct me if I’m wrong) that might be one reason why he’s so afraid to ride, and… and… *sniffles* *grabs mountain of tissues* *sobs* THAT’S JUST SO HEARTBREAKING, POOR FILIP!!! *hugs Filip* *pats him on the head* And—wait. Wait, wait, wait. He believes it WASN’T an accident? *gasps* Oh my gosh, that’s so mysterious! Why does he think that? Was the stampede intentional? I have so many questions now!:D

Yes, actually, I gave some thought to the idea that Evie *might* have been evil at one point, though I haven’t decided for sure 😉 *grins* Oh, I love saying that too! I mean, I was about ready to shout that when you said Morio died, and Artur might be Lila’s brother, and Anton goes blind, and even when Mejia starts liking Filip. Thank you SO much!! 🙂 🙂 Yes, that’s her name! (Wow, I’m impressed that you remember that!:) Aw, I know, it was so sweet when we took him in, but now he’s very mischievous and not as cuddly as he used to be XD. Yes, that’s true!! Cats are so adorable:)

Yay! THANK YOU so very much for being willing to help me with horse mannerisms! I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions (I mean, Newton’s going to be explaining something that I don’t even know myself XD), and you’ll definitely be the first person to read it:) Aww, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, that just warms my heart to know!!! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I’m still trying to figure out if I want it to be from Newton’s POV or Caira’s… That’s the struggle of writing romance—I almost never know which POV to write from XD.*gasps* Thank you!:)

Yup, I love wolves as well and thought it would be interesting to have them as minor antagonists for this scene (though I may try to create my own fictional breed of wolves to make them more mysterious). Awwh, yay, I’m so glad you love the tension! That’s a huge compliment!:) And yes, Caira was secretly worried about him 😉 Oh, Mejia XD I can just imagine her banning Filip from Birch Woods… *sighs* I’m very glad she doesn’t, because those two are just way too cute! 😀 I love how he gets on her nerves and how she gets so frustrated with him and he’s probably so nervous because he knows how strong and mighty she is and—*takes deep breath* AWW, these two are the absolute GREATEST EVER!!! Mejia, how could you ever even consider banning Filip from Birch Woods?

YES, I absolutely did, and I’m hopefully going to finish another one tomorrow, which means… *counts on fingers* yup, they should be done this week for sure! I’m so sorry it’s taken this long, my schedule has been so incredibly busy and I hope you don’t mind the wait! I feel terrible for my tardiness… plus, on top of that, I’ve been changing my art style lately and learning new techniques, so that’s pushed me behind as well. Anyways, I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Yes, unfortunately Newton’s old life is very heartbreaking, which is the main reason he bonds with Caira so deeply, since she’s the first person to ever care about him and not criticize him for his speech impediment. Awwww, *sniffles*, just, I can’t even thank you enough and tell you how much that literally warms my heart to know that!! That was so touching for me and I’m so very ecstatic that you love that part of his character arc and that you can envision it so clearly!! *puts hand to heart* THANK YOU! Honestly, that would be the biggest honor if you cried while reading it! I’m just so glad you like that and it means the absolute world to know you think it’s moving! That’s one of the greatest compliments an author could receive! 🙂

Aww, double thank you for saying that!!! I feel like developing antagonists is something I’m still trying to work on, so that makes me over the moon to know you think I’ve been doing it well!! They definitely get more twisted as the story goes on, and by the time the climax hits, they’ve become much more ruthless than previously (and they may or may not try to kill Deek before Ivee sacrifices herself for him). Aww, you do? That brings a huge smile to my face to know that you feel sympathetic towards him and also resent him for the things he’s done… That’s such a majorly huge compliment!!! 😀 😀 😀 And oh yes, Pirion can definitely swordfight. Honestly, my villains are much better at swordfighting than my heroes, which is why it’s such a struggle every time they battle hand-to-hand. Aww, THANK YOU! And likewise, I think Artur is an exceptional villain that I’m greatly interested in! I think you’ve done such an astounding job crafting his character! By the way, do you have any illustrations of him? Or any of TSW characters, honestly, because if you ever feel like sharing them, I’d absolutely love to see them!!! 🙂

(Oh, funnest is totally a word! The dictionary must be wrong XD) Aw, thank you! Yep, Newton would get awfully curious if he knew Caira had a crush on someone, and he’d probably end up asking Deek if he could find out who it was. *shakes head* Those two can be so troublesome…

Thank you so much!! I thought that a female knight would be an interesting concept and twist the stereotype, so I went with it and I’m hoping to begin the novel this July! *shudders* Oh, you described Character Development flawlessy. Yes, it is a challenge, but it’s also enjoyable at times (except when your characters argue with you all the time, in which case it’s more challenging XD). *gasps* YES, I love character questionnaires and I’d absolutely love to see some from the writers’ resources!! If you have some to send over, I’d gladly look them over, thank you!! 😀 😀 Awww, thank you so much!! I have to admit, it’s a little sad leaving Caira and her crew to focus on a new group of characters, though… I just hope I can get close to them without feeling guilty about abandoning my current cast XD

Oooh, well it’s still how I imagined them and I think that’s a great illustration to represent them with!! And *grins one thousand miles long* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I’m SO glad you love those portraits!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 And I’m over the moon that you envisioned Arya that way, and that you love the line art and cross-hatching as well!! I can’t say how thankful I am to hear that!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, THAT JUST WARMED MY HEART AND MADE MY ENTIRE WEEK!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 *infinite 🙂 ’s*

(Also, my apologizes for how long this post turned out! I can get rather carried away and I hope you don’t mind!)

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Hey! Just wanted to (once again) apologize for the delay of posting the illustrations! I’ve actually ended up getting sick so I haven’t done very much illustrating at all lately, but once it passes I’ll make sure to send them! They’re coming along nicely and I’ve been making progress with them! Again, SO SORRY about the wait! (Between getting sick and going on big trips, it can be hard to find any time XD)

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Wow, my posts just aren’t coming through tonight, (curse of the posts maybe? XD ). Did you get my post? I can’t find it anywhere.

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Dobro pozhalovat!

Which is essentially ‘greetings’ in Russian:) I feel really bad about being this late with my reply, *looks sheepishly around KP* that is with all my replies really. But yes, I’m with you, I keep telling myself to make a schedule to make time somewhere… but I don’t even have time to do that XD But still, I am always thrilled to catch up on topics around here when I can, (something I do much better in the wintertime).

But hey, that sounds great! How’s it been going with your WIPs? Have you decided which you’ll work on through July? Either one you choose will be awesome! I remember you said that you’d possibly be starting a new WIP this next month, Echoes of Destiny right?:) Just asking because *screams* I saw on your NaNo board that you started a novella Forever Be My Always and I grinned so hugely, because that sounds awesome, and if you don’t mind my asking….. DETAILS! 😀 I mean it looks so cool and wait, is one of them named Jayn? I forget how to spell the other’s name, but I saw them on your pinterest before it changed. All your new NaNo covers look spectacular btw and ooh, I LOVE your new boards by the way, (Newton and Caira’s are so cute!:) All of them are awesome really, and your new pinterest and NaNo titles and avatars! (I guess I’m not one to change mine much XD Oh well:)

And speaking of pinterest, I finally just went ahead and created a pinterest account, (since I go on pinterest anyway, and pinning is way easier than screenshotting every image I like XD ).

*Phew* I’m glad to hear that that phrase isn’t getting old and that you like it enough that you’d want to say it:D (Which you’re totally welcome to btw:) I guess it has just become one of those catchphrases I find myself typing subconsciously XD Ooh of course I wouldn’t mind sharing! The short pieces that I’ve been working on are mostly 1. the TSW short story of course (though I gotta update my NaNo board on it sometime) 2. a piece I’d been toying at for a bit, based on The Count of Monte Cristo novel’s style and 3. A story I’m working on to send off to Chicken Soup for the Soul. I’ve sent quite a few things there so far and actually, one of my poems is going to be published in one of their books in a few months, (sorry, I’m kinda just telling that to everyone. I still wonder if they’re going to send an email saying it was some sort of a mistake or something scary like that).

Thank you so much for that offer and ditto to you, I’m always ready to help and listen as well!:) I was wondering though if you have any general critiques on TSW? You see, the reason that I am asking is because before I begin a new draft, I’m trying to figure out what some of the weaker points might be so I can determine what to hang on to before I begin a plot makeover and won’t be writing myself in a corner. It’s in the first drafts, true, but it’s easier to fix any major/deeper things now before I’m halfway through the draft, (easier and much less painful). Don’t worry if the critique sounds harsh, because I doubt it is number one and number two, I always deeply appreciate an honest critique because they hold a lot of value and provide me an insight into the things I know I can’t see from my own viewpoint without someone pointing them out:) So yes, just a few notes if you spotted anything slightly confusing or that could use a bit of elbow grease,  would be appreciated if you have any for me before I organize my notes and start the next draft of TSW 🙂

Also, I was wondering, what if we did a mini-interview for a select character just for fun? As in, you choose any one of my characters and I choose one of your characters. Then we each ask the other’s character any seven questions and they have to answer from their POV. What do you think?:)

Thank you! He is a Cavapoo, which is a cross between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Poodle….. but everyone calls him a mutt. So you could call him that too if you wanted XD Keeping those fancy mixed breeds in order is tiring sometimes since everybody asks what in the world a Cavapoo is, (I could literally make owning one a subplot in a novel or something or a comedy plotline XD ). Hmm, maybe someday, I’ll just tell people he’s a dog from Narnia 😉 XD

*Grins* Yep, I am! I thought it’d be a fun challenge to make costumes for TSW, (plus making the costumes makes them feel even more real somehow). So far I have Artur’s gloves, fabric for Mejia’s surcoat, and I’m nearly finished with Anton’s scarf. I think the scarf has been the most fun to make so far since it involved tearing the fabric up instead of sewing it together for a change. So now its ripped up pretty accurately and all that’s left is to stain it with dirt and oil so it looks like it’s been worn for ten years… which is kind of interesting to think about, that what I did in a few hours took Anton two thirds his life to do.

But in any case, when they’re done, I hope to possibly make a much better book trailer than the previous one I did, this winter. And photography, the costumes will definitely be good for that. I’ll have to post photographs of the finished costumes once they are all finished:) And the other photography as well, and of course I wouldn’t mind, I’d LOVE to share them:D

Aw, that’s awesome! What breeds are your dogs?:) (Oh yes, that describes dogs perfectly: muddy but worth it).

XD Oh my goodness, that is so like Deek XD I love how he calls his ‘date’ an ‘interrogation.’ *Ruffles Deek’s hair* *Deek protests and frees himself* Deek is just so CUTE! (But he probably objects to that… oh well, it’s still true:) OOOOOH, Bastian?? Aww, I love it! Who suggested that Deek go under that name? Or was it Deek himself? I kind of doubt it, but he could have. If he didn’t decide on it, what was his reaction to the name? I know, I get curious about weird and random stuff, but I can hardly help it:) And, of course, I certainly think the idea of Deek doing this is a positively brilliant idea! It’s awesome and fits the characters and plot so well:D And I love how he agreed begrudgingly when Caira asked if he would do it for her, (aw Deek, that’s so sweet of you! You can be a softy sometimes even if you’d never admit it XD ). He’d never admit it, would he?:)

Personally, I ADORE the idea of a do-it-to-avoid-death kiss before the actual confession, (I think I’ve already said that though XD ). I love how bridges are symbolic of their relationship milestones: hate to confession to proposal 😀 I love the idea, and there’s probably a ton of things a bridge could represent also theme-wise for their relationship:) And this is such a fun scene to envision too! It sort of reminded me of a scene in an old Disney movie I watch sometimes, Kidnapped. When David and Alan Breck -with a price on their heads- have to cross a risky bridge guarded by British soldiers. It wasn’t like Caira and Newton’s situation obviously, but they had to act naturally, pretending to be strangers, lighting pipes, and walking across the bridge like citizens. I guess I just like those scenarios where characters have to take risks, act naturally, and dodge the guards. And I love Fortitude, these characters, and this scene on top of that:) I mean this scene sounds awesome *internally screams* okay that might have been an understatement, but still. I love how they’re both forced into it, neither enjoying it and Caira slapping him for it afterward, (sorry Caira, but what seems completely dislikable to a character is 100% lovable to a writer or reader)… I don’t think I convinced her, did I?

Though this seems lightly off-topic, what do you think Caira and Newton’s ship name would be?

Oh good! I love spoilers!! 😀 I actually feel kind of bad for Pirion that he was banished from royalty even though he’s a villain, (how did he take being banished?) What happened to Pirion afterward? Like how some banished royals might be locked in dungeons or sent to foreign lands or such as that.

That would be odd to think of Caira becoming queen and Newton king, (XD I could just imagine Deek having to dress up in stiff collars and formal clothes for occasions as the prince… eh, I doubt he’d like that very much XD ). But I see where she wouldn’t want to take the crown of Aldova and settle down instead:)

AWW!! This is so cute (and funny in a way how Deek helps Newton with romance advice and now he has to face these questions… which actually brings to mind the question, how does Deek handle having to test out his own advice that he gave Newton? Or does he not use too much of it either way?) *Sniffs* that’s so heartwarming and totally making me fangirl here how you said that Deek and Alana bonded while Caira and Newton were scaling the mountain, (TWO awesome and fangirl-worthy things going on at once!!!) Which also makes it equally as heartbreaking as it is sweet since she dies later on *sobs* my heart is already broken for poor poor Deek. Perhaps it’s not as prominent as Newton/Caira, but it’s still incredibly adorable:) And you know it’s so sweet to see two characters who don’t like showing their soft sides, to open up to one another like that, you know?

*Frantically reaches for tissues* *sobs* *sniffs and almost regains the ability to speak* *sobs again* POOR EVIE!!!!!!! That’s heartwrenching that she might die!!! Especially since her and Caira’s friendship is so awesome….. Poor Caira too, it must be so horrible for her to have to lose both Alana and Evie during her quest in Aldova, *snatches your trio* I think I’m going to need reassurance that these three are positively safe before I give them back, *gives them chocolate and coffee and blankets* characters have it so rough don’t they? Ah yes, I’m not the greatest at killing characters either really since I want them to all stay alive. I mean yes, I have done away with Morio and Artur and possibly a few other side characters, but in general, I just can’t bring myself to get rid of them sometimes. Though still, Evie dying is a tragedy!!! D: D:

Hmm, I’m not a hundred percent on how a ghost could die but I remember in the Warriors series, the spirits of the fallen warriors walked in the living warriors’ dreams and had the ability to still watch over the clans. But I think it went if they sacrificed their lives as a ghost, for another warrior, or something like that, they went on to a permanent life in Starclan. So maybe a ghost could be caught in a sort of limbo, like in Disney’s Blackbeard’s Ghost, and instead of really dying, they vanish or fade into their final realm, (which I’m guessing is Heaven for Aldova since they have the Bible and its news there as well). But that’s just me rambling; I’ve never written anything like that this far

Definitely! Newton’s testimony is incredible and it fits his character so well; I honestly think that’s the best job ever for Newton, (*tears up* that’s so sweet to imagine him one day as a pastor if he becomes one:’) that would definitely be a cute scene with them watching Newton up in the pulpit:)

Climaxes extraordinarily tough. And I hope it’s alright that I write my reply to your topic for climax advice, here. So the first thing is that I too am a pantser at this, (I claim to be a plantser, but that’s only for details and characters and settings. When it comes to plot, it’s like skittering mud on a wet sidewalk, trying to make art out of it somehow). Sadly, little advice is coming to mind other than to consider tying up the smaller loose ends that are left dangling as the climax descends into the conclusion. But while I feel horribly unhelpful for that advice, Now Novel, (an AMAZING site for writers) has various kinds of great articles and hopefully, this particular one might be of some service to you. I posted it on Google hangouts since this post isn’t taking any links apparently.

I’m ecstatic hearing that my fangirling is motivating for your writing because well, I don’t even know what I’d do if I couldn’t fangirl about it!!!!!

XD I love how Uroh assumes Caira is Newton’s girlfriend! And wait, really? Newton didn’t have much of a reaction at all? *Grins* And he never denies the notion that they are boyfriend/girlfriend? THAT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Okay, seriously Newton, how can’t you see how cute that is? Also, I have no idea why, but I’m already a huge fan of Newton’s grey and blue garment while on the bridge, (I’m still seeing that bridge scene playing out in my head so perfectly… well for me, not so much for them). Ooh, I love Uroh’s clothes and that Newton had to bribe him with various methods to keep him quiet, (I guess that sword helped the huh? Poor Uroh). XD And I am adoring the fact that he lives in his grandfather’s shack and makes another appearance in book two! 😀 Of course! I love asking the questions and YASYESYASYESYAYAYYESSSSSS!!!!! (That’s basically a weird version of ‘YES!’) You should totally illustrate Cava and I’ll definitely take Newton up on his willingness to show me around Cava, (I can’t wait! 😀 ).

Ooh, I already love how this scene is playing out and how the suspense is heightening!!! Deek refusing to wear fancy clothes on his ‘date’ is just so cute somehow. And the idea of Deek and Ivee speaking secretly on napkins, It’s so mysterious and so much is going on, (I can easily see how this is your favorite scene so far, I mean, I feel like this should be a movie scene or something:D ). *GASPS* YES YES YES!!! You 100% should must illustrate it some time, that would be epic 😀

Are you kidding? “Willing”?????? I’d be honored to read any scenes you’d want to share!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Of course! And yes! Maybe we could do a scene swap! We can both find a scene from our WIPs and post them on Google hangouts or something:D Hmm, I’ll have to do a little digging, but I’m sure I have some readable scenes!:D

Ah, same here, images sometimes will disappear and won’t cooperate at all on this site… but I did go to Google hangouts and though I still am trying to figure out how to post my video format for the book trailer, I saw that the dance scene link never showed up!! D: So I re posted it just in case you still wanted to read it, but *shudders* warning: it is even rougher than I remember and I know it’ll need a ton of spit and polish.

Aw, thanks, I can use all the help I can get to make my deadline. Accountability helps, so if I know there are readers who are expecting something, it gives me that push to write my way out of writer’s block one way or another:) That makes me super glad and motivated that you can’t wait to read it! Though I will be changing some stuff up since I found that some of the material will work for the actual novel and so for timeline reasons, am shuffling the plotlines around, (still keeping the part where Filip gets strung up a tree though XD Sorry Filip). I can’t wait to share it as well!!! 😀 😀 😀

THANK YOU!!!!!!! Though Mejia would utterly object to the very notion, *hides in a hole on the far side of Birch Woods as well* they can be rather cute sometimes;) *Comes back out of goal and glances around nervously* I hope Mejia didn’t hear that. But yeah, the awkward scene began during one of their fights when a snowstorm starts rolling in. Which forces them to put aside their frustration temporarily to make a shelter from the mounding snow (like an igloo but not quite). One large enough to encapsulate both them and Mejia’s wolf and they end up building it under the snow and against a stone wall where the shelter will be sturdier. Then once in the shelter, the winds not as loud under all the packed snow, Mejia and Filip’s sudden urgency to work together during the emergency wears off and they become even more irritated with each other than before. Mejia’s wolf takes turns sitting by Mejia for warmth, then by Filip who is across the shelter. And since the cold from the storm was only getting deadlier, their frustration grew. But neither was going to even remotely recommend the notion of being any closer to one another than three feet. It’s awkward because they both know what would be the most logical thing, but neither of them wants to cave. *Sigh* stubborn, stubborn, stubborn. I mean, I understand them, but still, very stubborn characters have got I.

Yes, sadly, that is indeed the reason Filip has an extreme fear of horses and avoids them at all costs. And even though he didn’t get killed, his ankle had been crushed by one of the horses’ hooves, resulting in him having a permanently twisted foot. But worse than that is the permanent memory he has, so whenever he sees a horse, he sees hundreds of thundering hooves flying over him.

It is pretty heartbreaking (which makes me almost sorry for doing it to poor Filip). What had happened was a wolf had leaped from the trees near the herd that he, his father, and several archers were in and had started attacking the lead horses. Thus triggering the stampede and catching Filip, his father, and the other archers under it. Filip ended up being the only survivor and others tried telling Filip that accidents happened, especially around horses. But the thing was since wolves always attack in packs, Filip knew the wolf that started the stampede had to either have been rabid… or trained. He never could tell which since he had only a faint glimpse of a memory of the wolf, but was always suspicious and believed that someone inside of the archer band was responsible for what had happened.

Of course, all questions are welcome, just fire away whenever you want:) I can’t wait to read this scene! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Ah, yes, that is a difficult thing to writing romance (though in TSW, everything’s omniscient so I don’t have to worry there), but I once wrote a short story and it was more of a slice of life romance of sorts, and I had to set up a new sort of POV telling for it. So that is so true how hard choosing POV for romantic scenes 🙂

Oh yes, wolves make fantastic antagonists for a million different situations practically, (wolves were a part of Mejia and Filip’s meeting too if I recall correctly). Plus I’m a fan of wolves as well and like to read ‘biographies’ (I guess that’s what you could call them) of wolves. A fictional breed of wolf??? NO WAY!! :O 😀 That’s epic and intensifies the scene even more!!!!! Gosh, I LOVE it!!! Okay, *whirs out my little question notebook because honestly? A new breed of wolf from Aldova? What sane person cannot be curious here?* How are they different from other wolves for the most part in appearance and skills? Like, are they more powerful or quicker or have a hidden power of sorts? Such as ultra stealth or something of that sort. And what about their impact on the characters? Has Caira or Newton ever seen this breed before? Do they see it as a newer danger as opposed to an average wolf or do they see no difference in them. Do the wolves belong to any kind of legend or do people ever warn others of them or are they a more elusive and unknown kind? *Skids to a halt* I guess I better not ask a whole flood of questions, (just part of a flood XD But of course, answer only the ones that you want to).

Oh yes. If Filip can do anything, he can get on Mejia’s nerves XD I am having the hardest time finding pins for their board on pinterest, since they can be so complicated. But since I don’t like scrolling through nonsense forever, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Sometimes really good images’ll come up and I’m sure I’ll get lucky sooner or later:) But anyway, that’s all pretty off-topic XD I think they both are difficult for me on purpose since I make their stories so difficult. I guess they figure that if I’m going to make the story hard for them, they are going to make it hard to write XD They’re succeeding though. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I’d left out their relationship altogether, (but tbh, Filip Mejia and Lila were the three first prominent characters in TSW way back upon a time that the novel was less complicated and I had a grasp of the plot). So Filip has always been a staple in the novel:)

THEY DO WHAT?!?!?!??????? THEY-THEY… THEY TRY TO KILL DEEK??? I’m still not done being furious at Primrose for Deek’s scar!!! (I mean I can picture the scene where he gets his scar and it’d be one intense movie scene and all), BUT WHY!!??! However, even though that is horrid of them to even consider (okay, their villains, of course, they’d consider it), killing poor Deek?! Poor poor Deek has had so many close calls. But that’s good where you said that the villains become even more sinister as the plot progresses because otherwise they’d be too predictable or boring or come off as defeatable, (which they are, but a writer usually never wants it to seem that way). So I think that’s great!:D He can!? Okay, strangely that made me like Pirion a bit there, (mostly because I like characters who can swordfight probably XD ). That’s so awesome, envisioning an epic battle playing out between the heroes and villains and all the stakes are unbearably high, and losing wasn’t an option… for either side. ………. Okay, I got a bit dramatic, but I can still feel some sensational tension building from this! Plus that’s good that the villains are more skilled with the sword so the heroes have a big challenge on their hands and the stakes get raised even higher! 😀

No, sadly I don’t have any illustrations of Artur yet, (but I want to soon!) But he’s a hard one to draw. From his hair to his clothes to his facial structure, he’s going to probably be the hardest to illustrate out of my whole cast. But so far I have a couple of illustrations of TSW, not many yet, but some, and I’d love to post them! Actually, I’ll get to work on that as pronto as possible:D

Yes, you’re probably right. What does the dictionary know anyway? ‘Funnest’ must be a word XD Ooh, that’s hilarious, the thought of Newton going to poor Deek to find out who Caira has a crush on. Trust me Deek, I feel sorry for you, but it is just so amusing at the same time!

Of course! I think it’s an extremely interesting (not to mention amazing) concept! 😀 😀 😀

Yes, leaving one cast of characters to start a novel with another. Kind of like a group of friends that you went through a very difficult journey with huh? But I think that’s part of being a writer too; going on multiple adventures with multiple characters and I’m sure that they’ll be awesome:)

I’m compiling some of my replies here so anyhow, in response to your latest post:

No trouble at all! Whenever you do post them, it’ll be kinda like an awesome surprise party! 😀 Oh no! That’s horrible, I hope you feel better soon! *Sends virtual ‘get well’ card with those huge fun shaped balloons (because I mean seriously now, what fun is a card with no balloons?)* Take your time and don’t apologize, finding time is like the hardest thing to do next to resisting chocolate and getting sick never helps, but I’m glad to hear that you’re making progress on them! 😀 I can not wait to see them!!!

(I love your tagline by the way! My grandfather speaks Polish and I know I’ve heard him use that word before, so now I know what it means! 😀 ).

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Never mind my earlier post, I figured out why I couldn’t find my reply, (links) XD That’s funny and not so funny at the same time.

Abigail.M.
                    @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Hi Alexa! So anyway, (you can ignore this post if you want really 🙂 ), I was thinking, since I heard you’re having some writer’s burnout – very sorry to hear this – instead of writing a reply to my post, how about just writing one all about how your writing has been going lately and what exactly has you burned out and stuff like that. And I was so thrilled seeing all your new changes on your NaNo Projects board! Like, yeah saying this is old by now but seeing those projects were just as, if not more so exciting as seeing a famous author posting things. I was about ready to jump out of my chair when I saw them… yes, I often visit other NaNo Boards to see how y’all are doing and what’s new and stuff like that:)

So anyway, that’s all:) If you really want to write a reply instead, no worries because I’d love that too, but I was just thinking this might be fun:) 🙂

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Dobro pozhalovat! (Did I get that right?) That’s so interesting, I’ve always found such an interest in Russian (and once thought about learning the language)! 😀 Awwh, don’t feel bad! I know my reply is WAY later than usual *checks calendar* (yikes, it’s nearly been a month?), so my sincerest apologies for that!! 🙁 (Things have been so crammed this summer, so finding time can be difficult, unfortunately.) I know, right? I try to come here as often as I can so I can keep in touch with everybody! 🙂 Hopefully I’ll be more consistent from now on *crosses fingers* XD. Again, a huge apology for being so tardy. I’ll try not to be this late next time. *sighs*

Thank you! Things have been going quite well, actually, though I stopped doing NaNo this July because I don’t feel very writerly right now (once again, I think I’ve hit writer’s burnout). But I did finish Fortitude at the end of June, with around 164K words! (Which will DEFINITELY be cut down significantly during editing, trust me XD)I did get around 5K done with Echoes of Destiny, though!

And yes, that’s right! *grins* YES, I did, though it’s not crystal clear yet and more of an idea in the back of my head. I’m SO glad you think so!!! It’s going to be a romance, probably, with the two focal characters being Eira and Aramis. Eira is a scavenger out on a lonely desert, and Aramis is (possibly) a hunter who’s looking for a legendary creature in the desert when he finds her. And therefore, they become close friends. I haven’t come up with a proper synopsis for it yet (as you can tell XD) so my description sounds boring. But I’m excited to start writing it!! 😀

Actually no, one of them isn’t Jayn (but I totally understand the confusion!). I recently decided to give Caira another middle name (I thought it would be interesting for her to have four names), so her official name is Caira May Jayn Watson. 😀 Awwh, THANK YOU so much!! That makes me grin to know you think that!!! 🙂 I honestly LOVE all of your boards too and check it often to see them—all of the aesthetics is EXACTLY how I pictured them in my head!!! 😀 Yeah, I change avatars a lot (and names, apparently XD), so hopefully it isn’t too hard to keep track of who I am. XD.

I think that’s so cool how you made a Pinterest account! I think it’s beyond helpful when it comes to aesthetics and visualizing your story—it’s even helped inspire new characters and settings, too. 😀 Your Pinterest is so amazing and I love all of your character boards/aesthetics!!! No no, that isn’t old at all! I love catchy catchphrases (say that five times fast XD) 😀 I feel like I have a few of them up my sleeve, too.

*gasps* *claps hands together* Yay! I’m SOOOOOO excited to see the progress you’ve made on the TSW short story!!!!!! (That just sounds so intriguing, I need MORE details:) Oooh, those sound so interesting!!! *gasps again* OH MY GOODNESS, YAYAYAYAY, that’s SO AWESOME GIRL!!! *high-fives* To be published in one of their books is a HUGE accomplishment and here, *throws confetti* *gives you celebratory chocolate* *screams*!! I’m so proud, you should totally share that great news with everybody!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 *continues screaming*

Of course!! Aww, thank you. 🙂 Hmm… honestly, I don’t have any critiques! I think you’ve done a magnificent job of crafting characters, a hooking setting, and an engaging storyline already! (Sorry, I’m not being much of a help, huh?) The one thing that I think is very important to consider while re-writing is making sure your theme is prominent, too. (And I’m speaking to myself here, too!) I’m definitely going to try to make sure I don’t get so wrapped up in keeping the plot moving and the characters interesting so that I forget what the whole point of the book is about, and that’s the theme. (I’m totally not trying to say you don’t have a strong theme—you DEFINITELY do—I’m just trying to throw some advice out there and for myself too! :D) I’ll be thinking on that, but I doubt I’ll come up with anything because I already know TSW is going to be BRILLIANT and definitely my kind of story! 😉 And, if you wouldn’t mind, I’m always open to hearing critiques as well! If you ever find anything that would be tweaked in my story, please let me know because your feedback is super important/valuable to me!!!! 😀

*gasps* OH MY GOODNESS, that is a brilliant idea! *claps* I love that so much, it’s such an interesting way to develop characters! I think that’s a marvelous idea and I’d love to do that!! Okay, so I’ll choose Morio for my character because I just think he’s so mysterious and *fangirls* I want to know more details about him!!! I’ll let you go first with the questions though since you suggested this awesome idea! 😉

Awwh, that. is. so. cute! Cavapoos are just the cutest, aren’t they? Oh no, I won’t call him a mutt—he sounds so amazing! Oh my goodness, really? XD That would actually be a super humorous subplot! And a dog from Narnia would be even better XD (I’m so glad you’re a fellow Narnia fan!!! Who’s your favorite character?)

Oh wow, I applaud you for crafting all of those costumes!!! 😀 That’s such an interesting idea and it’s so creative to think about (if I had enough fabric, it would be fun to try it on my characters XD)!!! I’d love to see what they look like if you wanted to share!!! I think that’s so cool and I’m already so interested in Anton’s scarf’s appearance! That’s just so amazing, I’m at a loss for words! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Also, it’s a really unique idea and I’m sure it’ll give you tons of inspiration!! I’ve seen on your Pinterest board that you’ve saved pins of some TSW-styled clothing and I’ve actually used that inspiration for the illustrations, too! The whole aesthetic of your story is SO breathtaking!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

YES, that would be SO AMAZING to see the book trailer, the photography, the costumes, and EVERYTHING!!! *squeals* *fangirls* *internally screams* That’s just so exciting and look-forward-to-worthy! I can’t wait to see them!!! *squeals again*

Thank you! One of them is (I think) a Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix, and he’s one of the most energetic dogs I’ve ever seen XD. The other one is a Great Pyrenees mix (but she isn’t as big as most Great Pyrenees, thankfully XD), and the last one is a full-blooded Husky (who used to be a huge escape artist… *sighs*) They’re a handful, but they’re super sweet. Even though I prefer cats, dogs can be really cute. 🙂

Oh yes, he isn’t a fan of the “date” idea at all XD. Hmm, he probably would object to that, but he’s still cute nonetheless. *Deek crosses his arms and frowns at me* Yes!!! Thank you!! Caira was the one that suggested it, and while Deek would’ve preferred his actual name, he didn’t mind Bastian so much since he thought it sounded unique. Oh no, your curiosity is more than welcome!! I love any and all questions!! 😀 😀 😀 Thank you SO much!! Yeah, Caira can pretty much sway Deek to do anything if she tries hard enough 😉 Deek secretly has a huge soft side but he rarely lets it show and would definitely never admit it. XD

Awwh, thank you so very much!!! I was honestly hoping you would like that idea!! *gasps* Oh my word, I’ve never thought of bridges being symbolic of their relationship in that way!! Thank you for pointing that out because I never considered that! 😀 That’s so true!!! Oooh, that sounds so interesting and strikingly similar to Newton and Caira’s situation! (That movie sounds quite interesting :D) I know, right? Awww, girl that made me so warm inside, thank you!!!! I mean every bit of that ‘thank you’, too 🙂 Haha, I don’t think Caira’s convinced, but I totally agree with you! XD

Oooh, great question! Hmm… probably something like Newtaira. That’s really the only way their names go together, but I’m terrible at coming up with ship names XD What do you think Mejia and Filip’s ship name would be, by the way? 😀

Oooh, good! (Because I love sharing them! XD) Yeah, it is a bit sad that Pirion is removed from the throne, but after all that’s happened, he doesn’t mind so much to have a break. He was definitely heartbroken after being banished but didn’t hold any grudges, especially not toward Caira. After his banishment, Pirion lived the remainder of his days in a city named Bridlan, which is actually a floating city and quite large. He was still welcomed in Aldova, but not anywhere near the palace—people just preferred he keep his distance. *grins* My thoughts exactly. Thinking about Newton, Caira, and Deek being royalty is… hard, honestly. XD Deek wouldn’t enjoy the formalities of being prince and Newton doesn’t exactly have fond memories of being in a palace anyway, so it works out for the best. I’m still trying to figure out who becomes king/queen in Pirion’s place, though… Exactly! 🙂

Awwh, THANK YOU! I thought it would be cute to add in a side romance between them and I’m so happy you agree!! 😀 Deek is stunned when Alana confesses her feelings (out of nowhere, honestly), and he suddenly gets speechless, not knowing what to say. He sits there quietly while Alana, frustrated at herself, begins to apologize. Alana doesn’t have much self-esteem, so she tells Deek that he deserves a better girl than her and that he’d only be wasting his time with her. That’s when Deek gently tells her he’s starting to feel the same way (especially after all of the time they spent together while Alana was sick). I don’t think Deek uses too much of the advice he gave Newton since, honestly, Alana’s confession came out of nowhere and he didn’t have much time to react. In the end, though, Deek does return Alana’s feelings, and the two of them kind of become more than just friends:) Again, it’s still not like Newton and Caira’s romance, but *shrug*. Awwh, thank you!!!! That makes me SO happy to know you fangirl over that!!!! *screams*

Yes, I know, it’s heartbreaking. 🙁 Deek keeps begging me to save Alana’s life… he’s starting to make me second-guess it XD *sighs* I did consider the possibility of Deek taking care of Alana’s reindeer after she dies, so that he can always remember her that way. Aw, thank you!!!!! *Deek frowns at the word ‘adorable’* I know! I love seeing romances like that too!! *grins at Mejia and Filip and nudges them* *Mejia pulls out her sword* I should probably move on before Mejia challenges me, huh?

*sniffs* I know, it’s quite heartbreaking to think about, but it’s for the best… It is sad for Caira to have to endure so many sacrifices, but that only makes the quest more meaningful in a way and gives her more determination to fulfill the prophecy for her friends’ sakes.

*grins* Oh yes, you have my word that they’re safe! And Caira enjoyed that coffee you gave her, too XD Yeah, killing characters is just so heartbreaking! *sniffles at the thought of Morio and Artur* *snatches tissues* *sobs* *hugs them* It’s especially hard when you have other characters trying to change your mind, like how Caira’s been pestering me not to kill Evie. *shakes head*:(

Oooh, that’s actually a golden idea!!! I love that and it definitely helps me get a better idea of how to write that!!! Thank you!!! 😀 It totally would work to include Heaven, too. I never thought of that… but now I have tons of new ideas to work with! 😀 *flees to drawing board* Oh wait, I guess I need to keep writing out this reply, huh? *comes back*

Aww, thank you!! 😀 I thought it was fitting and quite cute to envision:) I’m glad you think so too! Oh yes, that’s totally all right! 😀 😀 Oh my goodness, we sound the exact same! I’m somewhere along the rough line of pantser/plantser myself, too (though I occasionally outline, so I get I’m a little bit of all three XD). Oh, that’s a great piece of advice! I can sometimes get so caught up in the action and mystery that it can slip my mind to wrap up some of the loose ends, even if they’re nothing of main importance. And I’ll totally check out Now Novel! *writes down name in notepad* Done and done! 😀 Oh, thank you so much!! 😀 😀 Aww, of course!! I appreciate absolutely all the fangirling you’ve done over it and so do my characters!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Haha, that was an interesting moment for all of them for sure! And *also grins* yep, Newton didn’t have very much of a reaction toward it and didn’t deny it. Aww, THANK YOU!!! It was pretty cute, but Caira was frustrated and slightly curious why Newton didn’t say anything. Aw, I’m so glad!! I thought it would be a nice choice of clothing for him. Oh yes, Caira would think of the bridge scene as anything but ‘perfect’, but I’m still overjoyed that you love it so much!! 😀 Thank you!!! I’m looking forward to writing his second introduction. 😉 Also XD that should definitely be a word! Newton would be more than happy to show you around! Just as long as the authorities aren’t around and he isn’t caught stealing something… He does that often.

Aw, yay!!! Thank you!! I’m just SO THRILLED that you think it’s interesting and *gasps* THAT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST COMPLIMENTS AN AUTHOR COULD RECEIVE! Especially since I always envision my novels playing out like movie scenes!! 😀 😀 Yes, I might!!! 🙂 By the way, I could totally see TSW being a movie too! All of the winter-styled imagery and Birch Woods would look so pretty in a film!! 😀 😀 If TSW were a movie, would it be live-action or animated? I think it would be such a adventurous and fun film to watch!!! 😀 😀 😀

Aww, YAY! Thank you! YESYESYES, that is a FANTASTIC idea! My novel is still first draft for sure, but I may have some readable scenes to share! That sounds amazing and I’m already looking forward to reading more of TSW!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals* *tries to contain excitement but can’t* I’m already excited!!

YES, I saw where you posted the dance scene and *takes deep breath* *fangirls harder than ever before* *screams* I LOVED IT SO MUCH IT WAS SUCH AN HONOR TO READ!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Ahhhh, I just can’t tell you how much I adored that scene!!! I love your writing style so much, it’s so elegant!!!!! 🙂 This summer has been super busy for my family and I with lots of out-of-state trips and re-painting our house and MORE trips and—*sighs* it’s been busy, and I haven’t had much free time lately, so I’m super sorry. 🙁 But I’ve been so excited and now that things have calmed down a bit, I’ll try to be more consistent with replies. *crosses fingers* 😉

Oh yes, this site isn’t the most… dependable when it comes to links or images. But *gasps* YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYASYASYASYAS, I am SO looking forward to reading any more scenes you have to post!!!!!!!!! *puts hand to heart* I feel so honored to be reading any of your writing and I was fangirling the whole way through that dance scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Don’t worry, it wasn’t rough at all!! It was so elegant and I just adore your writing style! You have the kind of writing style that feels so dignified, and it felt like I was reading a classic! 😀

Of course! Getting out of writer’s block/burnout is tough, but I believe in you and I know you can get through it! *gives you motivational chocolate* Oh my goodness, XD I can’t wait to read the part about Filip getting strung up in a tree! *pats Filip on back* Sorry Filip, but it’s true. That’s utterly adorable and humorous at the same time! 😀 Oh yes, and I can’t wait to read Mejia’s reaction, too XD

Oh definitely they are!! *gasps* I LOVE THAT so much!! Them getting into an argument, being forced to construct a shelter together and probably not speaking at all, and—*squeals* I just love the sound of this! That shelter sounds so cozy (and cold, too) and I love that it’s igloo-like and under the snow! That’s so interesting and unique! 😀 *grins* I can just see this whole scene in my head of them becoming even more frustrated at each other, with Mejia probably critiquing Filip’s shelter-making skills and Filip not knowing what to say and trying not to get even more on Mejia’s bad side. That sounds so tense, and I love the dynamics going on!! Even though huddling together for warmth would benefit them the most, they both refuse and use the wolf instead XD That’s priceless! *sighs* It’s hard being a writer, isn’t it?

*tears up* *sniffles* Aww, that’s so—so—so HEARTBREAKING, poor Filip! *pulls him into a hug, pats him on the back, and gives him hot chocolate* How many times have I said “Poor Filip” by now, anyway? Oh well, he needs it! 🙁 Oh my goodness, that’s so sad about the wolf starting the stampede, that must’ve been so scary for him! Losing his father must have been so heartbreaking for him, and the fact that he has a fear of horses because of that is just… *sniffles* *cries* tragic! And *gasps* *gasps again* he thinks someone was responsible and that the wolf might’ve been trained rather than rabid?!?!?!?!? That’s so mysterious and now I have a million questions!!!!!!! :O Was someone behind it all? If so, who? Don’t feel like you need to elaborate if you don’t want to, though!

I think that’s so interesting that you’re writing omniscient because I don’t see a lot of authors do that nowadays! What’s that like? It’s so unique and helps you dig deeper into all of the character’s heads at once!!:D Aw, really? That’s so amazing!! Romance is fun to write, and can certainly add a lot of tension! But it doesn’t help when you’re dealing with difficult characters, huh? *Caira and Newton frown at me*

Wholeheartedly agreed! 😀 Wolves are such interesting creatures, so I thought why not make them antagonists too? *gasps* Wait, they were? *squeals* That’s amazing, how were they involved in the introduction? Yes!! I’m so glad you like that idea of a fictional breed!! 🙂 I thought it would spark a little more originality into Aldova to have different animal species. THANK YOU!!! 😀 The wolves are different in they have pure white fur (except for the females, who have a very slight tan coat) that’s slightly spiked, making it seem like their fur is made out of crystals. They mostly stay near the caves of snowy mountains and anywhere where there is ice, which is why they have a winter-like feeling to them. They’re skilled differently in that they’re more agile in battle, able to move very nimbly as well as possessing a brutal bite (that’s why Newton would’ve been seriously wounded if one of them had succeeded in attacking him). The wolves aren’t seen very often and they’re quite unheard of since they’re mostly solitary and stay around the mountains. Caira thinks they look familiar, and she’s read entire novels about the mythical breeds of Aldova so she’s definitely the most informed of the group. Newton has seen the breed only once in his life, while on a brief military expedition in the northwest mountains when he was a child. They both see it as a huge danger but, unfortunately, they’re forced to battle them since they’re outnumbered. The wolves are certainly legendary and have been written about, and many people have tried to hunt them for their beautiful fur to sell/trade but mostly without luck. They’re very unknown, but I’d like to bring them back into the story in later books to develop them more! 🙂 No no, those questions were PERFECT and I super appreciate them!!!! Every question you ask helps me better develop another part of the story, so ask away!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

Oh my goodness, I can definitely envision Filip getting on Mejia’s bad side more than he’d like XD *pats Filip on shoulder* Come on, Mejia, you know he isn’t that bad 😉 Aw, I’m sorry to hear that! I totally understand, though, and that just proves how unique your characters are! 😀 If I come across anything that reminds me of them, I can send it to you if you’d like! Hopefully you’ll get lucky and find those good images! 🙂 Pinterest is very helpful to a writer, that’s for sure.

Oh that’s super relatable! Hard story equals hard characters, I guess. *shakes head* Characters can be so difficult, can’t they? I’m wishing you the best of writerly wishes with it, though, and if you need somebody to talk to about it, *raises hand*, I’m always a post away! 😀 Wait, REALLY? That’s so fascinating!! I always find myself feeling more attached to the characters that have been around the longest, you know? 😀

*takes deep breath* Unfortunately, yes, they do. Deek has so many close calls, doesn’t he? XD Oh my goodness, thank you!! I always picture that as a movie scene and I’m so glad you can too!! 😀 It’s an intense scene, that’s for sure, which may or may not involve Caira having a rooftop chase with Primrose (who, at this moment, is under disguise and goes by the fake name of ‘Sage’). Aw, thank you!! That makes me so happy to hear that!! I’m trying to make the villains as intimidating as I can and the battles harder, and I’ll probably focus on that more while drafting.

Yes, he can! Aw, really? 😀 Swordfighting is such an interesting skill for a character to have! I’m also brainstorming a scene where Newton and Pirion swordfight, and even though Newton eventually gets the opportunity to kill Pirion and have his revenge, he makes the tough decision to forgive him. Even though Pirion wasn’t the one consciously making the decisions, it’s still hard when Newton faces him again. Yes, that’s exactly it!!! 😀 Thank you SO MUCh!!!! That makes me so happy to know you like that because your feedback means so much to me!! 🙂

Oh, that would be really fun to illustrate him! Coincidentally, I haven’t drawn any of my villains either… I guess I just naturally like illustrating my good guys more often. XD *gasps* Oh my goodness, I would LOVE to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seeing these amazing characters drawn by the author herself? That’s like a dream come true!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 Eeee, I can’t wait already!!! *squeals* 😀 Oh, ‘funnest’ is certainly a word, despite what the dictionaries say XD. Aw, I know, it’s quite amusing to think about, and Deek thinks so as well XD

Aw, that’s exactly it!! It’s been hard saying “farewell” to Caira and the others and moving on to a new set, but I’ve still been outlining Book Two so I get to see them often. 😉 That’s true, and thank you so much!! It may even help clear your head to step away to a new project for a while, too, so that you don’t get bored with the storyline/characters, so perhaps it’s for the best:) *grins* YES, about those illustrations, I’ve made some great progress lately and I’m proud to say I’m almost ready to post them!! After taking a long (and probably much-needed) break from illustrating, I’ve finally returned to it and started back work on Mejia and her crew!!!! 😀 😀 😀 And even though my reply is super late, your virtual ‘get well’ card helped me feel better and I appreciate it! *gasps* And the balloons, too!!

Ah, I appreciate you understanding my lack of time, but I still feel sorry about it. 🙁 Between starting Echoes of Destiny and preparing to get my driver’s permit within the next couple of weeks and a host of other things, it isn’t easy to find time. But yes, I’m excited to share and I’m going to try to get back to it tonight!! 😀 😀 😀 Aww, thanks!! Wow, seriously? That’s so neat, I don’t hear of many people speaking Polish around here. I thought it was interesting, and that’s so fascinating! 😀 😀 😀

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Oh my goodness, that’s a brilliant idea!!! I may do that, thank you!!! Sometimes even just writing about having writer’s burnout is super helpful, so that’s a great idea! 😀 And *gasps* aww, thank you so much! That seriously warms my heart to the fullest to know you were thrilled about that! *tears up* Oh my gosh, that’s the SWEETEST THING EVER, thank you thank you thank you for saying that!! To think you were excited as though you saw a famous author posting that… that just makes me so overjoyed!! 😀 😀 😀 THANK YOU!!! I have quite a lot of projects on there… *sighs* If only I had the time to write them all at once. Yeah, I do that often too, to see what’s changed and what everybody’s up to! Speaking of which, you’ve made so much progress on The Lost Manuscript (a.m.a.z.i.n.g. title, by the way!! 😀 ) and that brought such a huge grin to my face! Keep up the good work!!

And of course I wanted to reply! 😀 But I also want to take your advice and write a post about writer’s burnout, too, because that’s a fantastic idea. 🙂 I wonder if I should make a new topic on KP about burnout or just do it on my profile… I’ll give that some thought! Either way, thank you for that idea!

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Hey! *waves* Just wanted to drop in and post a few of those illustrations now to show you how it’s going! 🙂 (Again, I am SO sorry for not posting them sooner! This summer turned out to be a lot more busy than I expected, so my apologies and I hope you’ll forgive me! 🙁 ) Anyways, I’m not done yet and want to try my hand at doing a group photo of them (and maybe even some in color!), but I thought I’d hear your thoughts on these first! I’ll post them below:)

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

Here’s Mejia x Filip!

Alexa Autorski
                              @writerlexi1216

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >