Monthly Prompts!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Monthly Prompts!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@smiley

Just seeing that one about Steve and Wanda….

WOW that was so sad.

Great storytelling though.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12

BRUHHH No “saved from being poisoned” on there?

No “nearly dying of hypothermia and grief simultaneously” on there either?

*Crosshair gives me a glare that could melt stone*

*me being sheepish* No, I definitely wasn’t trying to reveal your weakest moments to everyone.

LOL I’ve always been a little afraid of writing sickfics. Injured charries? Give me scenarios all day. Sick ones? I have this strange feeling that I’ll go wayyy too far with it.

Which is why I decided the hypothermia situation was far better, lol.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Smiley
        @smiley
          • Total Posts: 2179

@keilah-h

Aww thanks… That was an emotional scene to write *me cries*

why are there so many deaths in Marvel? (it’s cruel!)

Thanks

“nearly dying of hypothermia and grief simultaneously”

Dude! I love that so much, honestly my charries are proof that grief is just as strong as any physical pain XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h

@smiley I actually didn’t come up with much of it, but thanks!

It all happened when Crosshair and his brother, Mayday, were on a mission in a frozen wasteland, and while they were fighting on a mountain an avalanche crushed the opposition, but it also got them. Crosshair wasn’t badly hurt, but Mayday had internal injuries or something, and died shortly after reaching their base (which was pretty far away).

The sad thing was that their commander denied medical care to both of them because he’d decided they weren’t useful anymore…….

And Mayday had been one of the few people Crosshair actually cared about, and he’d already lost (or thought he’d lost) a lot of his other friends, so that made it even worse.

(BTW I didn’t come up with their names if you think they’re weird.)

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

Day 3: Chicken Pox/Rash

Scritch. Scritch.

Nyx hissed at the incessant fire that raged against his fur. His back paw swiped furiously at his neck and then flicked at an ear, trying, and failing, to rid him of the horrid sensations that filled his every fiber.

Scratch. Scritch. 

His eyes narrowed, spotting the blue-eyed figure in the corner, watching with a raised brow. He snarled, fur flushing with a small blush at the thought of being watched as his limbs continued to move against his will, scratching and writhing.

“What are you staring at?! Don’t you have somewhere to be?”

“You don’t look so good.”

“Have you checked a mirror recently, wolf boy?” Nyx growled, flopping onto the wood of the bench he currently stood on, rubbing his cheek against it. He let out a loud, annoyed groan, a cross between a hiss and a snarl.

“Let me see,” Grimm said, stepping out of his corner. Nyx glared at him, back paws still scratching at his ears and neck, tails whipping wildly.

“As if!”

“Come on, you’re irritating it.”

“Oh yea, like you can do anything better-HEY-” He shrieked as Grimm approached, suddenly picking him up by the scruff. He screeched, fighting wildly as he hung midair. Grimm held him out a bit, studying him.

“Hold still.” Grimm put his other hand underneath the kit, holding him like a kitten. Nyx scowled, batting at him with his front paws, though it was a bit weak. He quickly returned to scratching himself with said paws, rubbing his maw relentlessly. “Looks like a rash…have you eaten anything different recently? Stepped in some brambles?”

“Bet it was your cooking! You poisoned me!”

Grimm sighed. “Either way, scratching it is only going to make it worse.” He held him up by the scruff again, grabbing the kit’s front paws. This didn’t deter him however, as Nyx just began scratching himself with his back paws. Grimm glared. “Nyx, stop.”

“How about I stop when you learn to mind your own business?” Grimm scowled. He set the kit back on the bench, stepping away and into another room. “Uh huh, that’s what I thought,” Nyx said, returning to his frenzied scratch fest.

Grimm soon returned, however, this time with an armful of wraps, herbs and creams. Nyx paused for a moment, nerves tensing as he watched the dark-haired man set them out on the bench nearby. “What’s all that for?”

“What do you think?” Grimm asked, exasperated.

“If you think I’m gonna let you treat me, wolf boy, you’ve got another thing coming!” The kit hissed, canines showing. He lowered himself, readying to pounce, only for an irritating itch to make him sit up, back paw reaching for his ear.

“If you want to keep suffering, be my guest.” Grimm said, looking the kit in the eyes. “But that rash is only going to get worse. My guess is it will probably even start scabbing, and you could lose some fur, if you haven’t already,” Grimm reached out a hand, lifting one of Nyx’s ears. Nyx hissed, but didn’t move away, glancing at the young man’s hand questioningly.

Lose his fur?!

“Plus, if it isn’t treated properly, it could start to hurt. I doubt that would be very pleasant.” Nyx huffed, turning his head away, but his tails twitched, the idea of that kind of suffering not at all ideal…

“And…” Grimm crossed his arms, sighing. A small, nearly invisible smile twitched at the corner of his lips. “Jocelyn’s going to find out soon.”

Nyx bristled.

He hadn’t even thought of that.

If Lynnie found out.

Oh…the babying! The coddling!

Sure…he didn’t mind her caring for him much…but…this would be nonstop! He wouldn’t be able to do anything!

He swallowed hard, ears drooping. His eyes narrowed as he lifted his head, scowling at the dark-haired young man. He hated that he was right…Hated it with every fiber of his being.

But…Lynnie couldn’t find out.

At least…not until he was already treated…

If he was treated maybe she wouldn’t freak out…

“Fine.” He grumbled.

Grimm smiled, though it was subtle. Nyx glowered.

“Just get it over with,” The kit looked away, pouting. He wrapped his tails around himself, scratching at his chest. Grimm sat on the bench beside him, lifting him up and moving him, and the medicine and bandages, to the wooden table that sat in front of him. Nyx glared at him, watching his every movement, prepared to bolt if need be.

Grimm glanced at the kit’s tense muscles. He picked up the wraps, and then took out the dagger from his belt, cutting them into small pieces. Nyx winced at the sight of the dagger, ears drooping slightly as he moved away. Grimm met his eyes. He sat down the scraps of bandages, placing the dagger in his lap where Nyx couldn’t see it.

“You know you don’t have to be scared…”

Nyx’s maw scrunched up. “I’m not scared!”

Grimm shook his head, shrugging. “Alright.” He continued to work on the bandages. Once he was finished, he laid them out. There were four, each roughly the same size. “First, we have to make sure you don’t irritate your skin anymore. That means no scratching.”

“Yea. Right.” Nyx said sarcastically.

“I’m serious. Which is why, we’re going to make sure you can’t.”

“And how exactly are you going to do that?” Nyx didn’t really think he could but…seeing the confident look in Grimm’s eyes, along with the glint of mischief in his eyes, Nyx was growing more concerned by the minute.

“Simple.” He held up one of the small bandage pieces. He reached out to one of Nyx’s paws, making the kit flinch violently. Grimm raised a brow. “I thought you said you weren’t scared.”

“I’m not!” Nyx hissed, blushing slightly. Though…truthfully, everything inside him wanted to run and hide. Or lash out and claw Grimm’s dark blue eyes out. Instead, he slowly lowered his front right paw into the young man’s outstretched hand. He twitched a bit as Grimm snuggly wrapped the bandage around his paw, covering it entirely; like a tiny slipper made for his paw.

Nyx made a face, waving his paw around once Grimm was finished. The material on his paw felt…strange. Foreign. 

He didn’t like it.

It held his fur in place. Didn’t allow it to move around. To breathe. He waved it around some more, trying to remove it.

Hiss.

His maw reached for the bandage, everything in him screaming for it to be gone.

Let go! Get off!

“Ah, ah! You have to keep it on,” Grimm said, removing Nyx’s paw from his mouth. Nyx hissed, canines reaching for Grimm’s fingers instead, eyes contracting. “Easy…” Grimm rubbed one of Nyx’s ears, and then his cheek fur, calming the fox for a moment.

Nyx blinked, reality hitting him like a ton of bricks. What had just happened?

He glanced at his paw, remembering it was covered. Remembering that he didn’t like it. That he’d tried to take it off and…Nearly bitten Grimm.

He glanced at Grimm, who didn’t seem bothered in the least. Instead, he was already reaching for the next bandage, and Nyx’s other paw.

Seeing the confusion on the kit’s face, Grimm explained, “These will keep you from being able to use your claws to scratch. It’s not a perfect solution, but it will help keep you from irritating the rash.”

Nyx tilted his head, barely noticing as Grimm began wrapping his other paw. “How do you know all of this?”

“I…I used to have to treat some of my clan. Sometimes it was easier to treat them in wolf form than human form. Sometimes it was the only choice.”

Nyx’s shoulders eased as Grimm spoke, his nerves relaxing a bit as the young man continued to wrap his paws. The kit lowered onto his stomach, laying his face against the grain of wood.

“I’m going to do your back paws now,” Grimm said.

Nyx flinched a bit as Grimm’s fingers touched one of his paw pads, but he slowly relaxed, allowing the young man to finish up. Soon, all four paws were covered, and while he didn’t exactly like the feeling, he had to admit it wasn’t quite as bad as he’d thought it would be.

Nyx turned, laying his head on his paws. “Are we done now?”

“Not yet,” Grimm said, grabbing a few herbs and placing them in a bowl. He crushed them together, working silently. Focused. Nyx frowned a bit, raising a brow.

“What’s that?”

“Used to use this back home. I’ve been collecting herbs while we’ve been traveling. It should help with the itchiness, as well as the healing.”

“What is it though?”

“Just trust me, alright?” Grimm chuckled.

Nyx scowled. “Easier said than done.”

“Especially for you, huh?” Grimm said, finishing up. “Now, hold still while I put it on, alright? It’s a bit cold. Might smell kinda strange too.”

“Great…” Nyx huffed. He tensed as Grimm approached, scooping up a handful of the strange medicine in his palm. He took a bit on his other hand and slowly spread it on a small spot of Nyx’s fur.

The kit squeaked at the sudden, cold sensation. Grimm grinned, making Nyx scowl. “It’s not funny!”

“Sorry.”

Nyx glared, but as Grimm continued, he could feel his muscles begin to relax, the cold soothing away the tense anxiety. Not to mention easing the insane itching.

A small purr escaped Nyx’s throat as Grimm rubbed the kit’s ears.

“Did you just purr?”

Nyx blinked his eyes wide open, heat filling his fur. “What?! No!”

“Mhm.” Grimm smirked.

Nyx grumbled, hiding his face behind his ears.

“Shuddup.”

Stupid wolf boy.

What Lyn saw in him…he’d never understand.

I really liked this one XD

@keilah-h
              XD XD!!! Sickfics are kinda hard!! Also I think those fall more under the whump category. which there are a lot of whump months sooooo

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

oh forgot to say this one DOES take place during the series XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

AHHH GOT DAY FOUR AND YALLL!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! SOOOO FLUFFY/ROMANTIC!!!

Day 4: Headache/Migraine

(Also during the series)

“Ara…?” November lifted the makeshift curtain that hid Ara’s “room” from view, peeking inside. It was dark, the windows covered with tapestries and a variety of other materials, keeping the sunlight to a minimum. A small lump on the cot against the tent wall shifted, brown locks falling from the purple covers.

November swallowed, face flushing. A small bead of sweat dripped down the back of his neck, heat filling his features as he glanced away. He wasn’t sure she’d heard him, and…the thought of entering Ara’s room unannounced was…

“N…ember?” A small voice made November tense, fingers tightening on the curtain he was lifting. He turned to spot Ara’s brown eyes, peeking slightly out from her covers. Her brown hair was tousled, wrapping around the top of her pillow, and her small frame lifted underneath her blankets as she breathed. November’s face exploded with color.

“I-I-” He stuttered, unable to form a coherent sentence. Ara continued to stare at him, head emerging a bit more, her brows furrowing slightly. Her eyes were red, and dark bags pulled at them. “I didn’t-I’m sorry-I shouldn’t have-” He turned to leave, but not before one of Ara’s hands reached out from her cover, fingers stretched toward him. She let out a small sigh, a gentle smile on her lips.

“N…?”

November stared at her hand. Slowly, he stepped into her room, lowering the curtain behind him. He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. “I…I shouldn’t be in here…”

“It’s…alright…” Ara said weakly, pulling her blanket closer to her neck, probably noticing November’s nervousness. “Trust you.” She smiled.

November returned it. She reached out her hand again, eyes meeting his. He took it, lacing his fingers around her. She was a bit cold. Clammy.

“Ara? You alright?”

“Head hurts a bit…A migraine, I think.” She frowned, a few tears leaking from her eyes as she did. The pain etched into her expression made it evident how bad it really was, but she’d never admit it aloud. November swallowed the knot in his throat, stepping a bit closer.

“Do you need anything?”

“Just…sit with me?”

November glanced at her bedside, blushing slightly. “Y-You sure? I could go get-”

“Please…?” Ara’s fingers squeezed his, a few more tears falling down her cheeks.

He could never say no to her…could he?

He nodded, slowly sitting beside her, making sure not to jostle her too much. He held her hand in his lap. She smiled, eyes growing dimmer as she let out a small sigh. He watched as the fight slowly faded from her eyes and, soon, she drifted into sleep.

He wondered for a moment how long it had been since she’d slept…

November stared at her peaceful face, and, without thinking, gently tucked a strand of her hair out of her face. He squeezed her hand gently, blushing as he thought of what he’d just done.

“Sleep well, Ara…”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Euodia
                  @euodia-vision
                    • Total Posts: 1306

@esther-c @godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @smiley @mineralizedwritings @zemira @keilah-h @anyone-else

Y’ALL! I missed SO many days but I just finished reading everyone’s stories and GUYS they were SO sad! But also amazing, but SO SAD! Derek and Steve and November and all the babiessssssss! Great job guys!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 AHH, LOVE ALL THE SCENES!!!!!!! 😍😍😍 @smiley @keilah-h @euodia-vision @zemira @whalekeeper @esther-c @mineralizedwritings

Wrote something for Day 5!!!!!

(really love this one ❤️❤️❤️)

Day 5: Comfort Item (Plush/Blanket)

Scant moonlight flitted into the room through the grimy window.

Ella laid on a small pallet on the floor and whimpered.

Talia was bent over her, keeping a cloth on her forehead, humming a quiet lullaby.

But Ella still refused to sleep, and Talia’s eyes were bloodshot and even drooping. She needed sleep…desperately.

Talia yawned, placing one hand on her stomach, which held a small child inside.

Leo stepped over two of his sleeping brothers who laid on the floor, and crouched down beside Talia, wrapping his muscled arms around his wife. “Talia, darling,” he kissed her temple, “I think you need to lay down.”

“But Ella…”

“I’ll take care of her, don’t worry. You need to sleep. You and the baby need it. There’s a free spot right there,” he nodded towards a small empty space of floor, “or you can lay down next to Ella and I’ll get on her other side.”

Talia yawned, gently pulling away from his grip. “I…I’ll go lay down over there.”

She turned and left to go lay down, and Leo turned his attention to his daughter. He brushed a strand of blonde hair out of Ella’s eyes and smiled gently. “Hey there, baby girl…are you alright?”

“I don’t feel good Daddy,” Ella whimpered, “and my head hurts.”

“I know,” Leo slowly laid down beside her, propping himself up on one elbow, “but you’ll be okay soon.”

Ella looked around and whimpered, reaching for Leo. “I-I want Rosy…w-where’s Rosy, daddy?”

Leo looked around the tiny room for Ella’s pink stuffed rabbit, but he didn’t see it anywhere.

“Where’s Rosy?” Ella whined, and Leo saw tears fill her blue eyes.

“Shh, shh, don’t cry…I’ll find Rosy, I promise…”

Ella’s tears fell, she sniffed, and she began to cry.

Talia instantly awoke, turning to face her daughter. “Ella? Leo…?”

“Shh, she wants Rosy…go back to sleep, Talia.”

Leo stroked hair off of Ella’s forehead and quietly hummed, still looking around the room for Ella’s rabbit.

Joshua’s eyes fluttered open, and he looked up at Leo and Ella from where he laid a few feet away on the floor. “Why is she crying, Leo…? Is something wrong?”

“She wants Rosy, and I can’t find her. Do you know where-?”

Reuben stirred and lifted his arm up into the air, holding Rosy in his hand.

Joshua slowly sat up and grabbed it. He handed it to Leo.

“Thanks Rebel…thanks Joshua.”

Joshua nodded and laid back down.

Leo gently placed Rosy in Ella’s arms. “Here you go sweetheart…”

Ella sniffed and hugged her stuffed rabbit, tight, her eyes beginning to droop.

Her eyes slowly closed, and with her stuffed rabbit in hand, she drifted off to sleep.

Leo smiled and slowly laid down beside his daughter.

He wrapped one arm around her and held her close.

Because nothing in the world would ever make him let go.

Euodia
                      @euodia-vision
                        • Total Posts: 1306

@freedomwriter76

AWWWWWWWWWW

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 aww so cute!

and for everyone else’s benefit too lol @godlyfantasy12 @smiley @euodia-vision @zemira @whalekeeper @esther-c @mineralizedwritings

I can definitely sympathize with her….I have like THREE comfort objects (smallish pillows I’ve had since I was little that are slightly bigger than my head). Plus I tend to pull whatever blanket is nearest to me over my head when I’m caught in the middle of a tough conversation, so I guess I’m a security blanket sort of person.

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 me only knowing what “whump” is supposed to mean because of the context lol…..

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 REUBEN TO THE RESCUE!!! Also that’s so cute!! I’m excited to write todays prompt too!!! It’s a continuation of day 2….so y’all can already guess who it’s about!!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@smiley ha ha Peter’s thing for Star Wars always made me laugh!! I keep thinking Disney should just do a Marvel/Star Wars crossover somehow, even if it’s just a joke.

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

@keilah-h yup understandable. It’s when you put a character through pain/suffering basically XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 461 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >