Monthly Prompts!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Monthly Prompts!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@esther-c AND FRANZ!!!! Girlllllll, I legit cannot lie…I cannot WAITTTTT to write his redemption!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @smiley @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper @anyone-else-that-wants-to-read-idk-XD

Wrote something for Day 3 of the sick prompts!!!!

TRIGGER WARNING(S): FEATURES A DEADLY DISEASE AND A CHARACTER DEATH, MENTIONS A DEATH & ABUSE

Day 3: Chicken Pox/Rash

Andrew quietly hummed a lullaby he vaguely remembered his mother singing to him years and years ago.

He gently brushed hair off of Sarah’s forehead, adjusting the damp cloth.

Sarah’s eyes were still closed, but her fever raged, and the rash on her face, neck, and even arms had already turned into blisters.

He wanted to do something…but couldn’t.

All of the doctors in town refused to come to their aid, all because he was unwelcome in Obadiah Creek.

An alcoholic, a thief, but a man trying to take care of his family by becoming sober and finding a job, and yet he still wasn’t accepted, especially by those that claimed to have faith in the God of the Bible.

He dipped the cloth in a small bucket of water, wrung it out, and laid it back on top of his eight-year-old daughter’s burning forehead.

His daughter was ill, and he could do nothing for her.

Smallpox.

The deadliest disease of the colonies.

The same disease that had taken his mother from his ten-year-old hands all those years ago.

The door opened, and Lidia stepped inside, her brown curls gently framing her face, bouncing against her shoulder, still dressed in her light brown homespun dress. “Ruth is finally asleep. How is Sarah?”

Andrew didn’t reply…he couldn’t.

But he looked up into his wife’s light green eyes, and they both understood each other.

Their daughter was slipping away.

“Andrew, what do we do?”

“There’s nothing we can do,” he cleared his throat to allow himself to speak, tears choking his words, “Lidia, and…we…we…”

Lidia’s gentle arms wrapped around him.

Her head laid on top of his.

“It isn’t fair, Lidia…it isn’t fair…”

“I know,” Lidia coughed, speaking through tears, “but we have to trust that she’ll recover…that she’ll make it through, even without a doctor’s help.”

Andrew gently wrapped his arms around his wife, slowly sinking off of Sarah’s bed and onto the floor, his wife wrapped in his arms. “Lidia…oh Lidia…another loss…the loss of our daughter…I-I don’t know if I can take it.”

“Oh darling…”

His mother died when he was only ten…a lifetime of abuse from his own father and older brothers followed…and now, his daughter was slipping from his fingertips.

Andrew held his wife tighter, his tears falling into her curls.

Sarah stirred. “D-addy?”

Andrew gently let go of his Lidia, his wife, and stood to sit down on the edge of his daughter’s bed. He stroked hair out of her face and smiled. “I’m right here sweetheart…I’m right here.”

Sarah gently gripped his hand in her own, her cold fingers sending small shivers up his nerves. “D-addy…?”

“I’m right here, sweetheart, I promise…Daddy’s here…”

“D-daddy…I love you…I love you Daddy…”

Andrew held his daughter’s hand tighter, and Lidia’s arms wrapped around him, her cheek pressed against his head, her tears landing on his wavy brown hair.

“Daddy…Mama…Daddy…Mama…” Sarah’s eyes slowly closed. “…Jesus is here…”

A last, fleeting breath left her lips.

“Sarah…oh Sarah…” Andrew wept.

His forehead touched his still daughter’s.

And he sobbed.

But a peaceful smile was on Sarah’s otherwise still face.

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 SOB!!!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

@whalekeeper @euodia-vision @freedomwriter76 @esther-c @smiley @anyone-else I wrote something for day one it’s posted on the earlier page

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

ANOTHER ONE!!

Day 2: Persistent Cough/Sniffling

Again this takes place after the first series. I think most will unless otherwise stated.

Sniffle.

Ara glanced at the small figure beside her, watching as he lifted a hand to his face, wiping his nose with his sleeve. He sniffed again, rubbing his face into the soft material of his pajamas, ice blue eyes falling to the sketchpad in his lap. Taking up his pencil again, he scribbled, a small yawn escaping as he stretched a bit, the dark bags under his eyes growing wider.

Why hadn’t she noticed those before?

The boy’s face contorted, a frown taking over his expression, skin ashen in the soft moonlight coming from his bedroom window. He pulled his knees closer to his chest, leaning his head against Ara’s side. She could feel heat radiate off of him.

“Paxton…” She whispered, anxiety rising from her stomach. She laid a soft hand against his forehead, gasping at the burning sensation she felt. “Oh, Snowflake…”

Paxton made a small, pathetic sound, burying his head closer to her side, releasing his pencil and allowing the sketchpad to fall from his lap. The bear that sat beside him rustled and fell from its position as Paxton’s arms wrapped around Ara’s torso.

“F-F-Feel…bad…” The boy shivered as Ara gently wrapped him up in her arms. He was practically boiling. She brushed his fluffy locks away, her brown eyes meeting his blue. A few tears leaked from her eyes at the sight of her baby brother, feeling so terribly.

She should’ve noticed…

“Shh…it’s alright, Snowflake…you’re gonna be alright. Just rest,” she cooed, positioning the small child into a cradle-like position, holding him close. Her forehead touched his own, and slowly, she stood, bending over and placing him in his bed. She pulled back his covers, making him as comfortable as possible.

“A-Ara,” Paxton whimpered, refusing to let go as his arms wrapped tighter around her neck. At the moment, she was trapped, bent over him and his bed, trying to lay him down to rest. She knew she needed to go and get him some help, perhaps some of the kingdom doctors even, and Ima, but…right now…Paxton wouldn’t let her go.

“It’s alright…Paxton. Don’t be scared. You’ve got to let me go, alright? I’m gonna go get Ima, and some medicine and-” Paxton shook his head, albeit weakly. He sniffled, chest heaving as he started to cry.

It broke Ara’s heart…

“Don’t cry, Snow, don’t cry! Please…” She squeezed her eyes shut, letting out a small sigh. Her brother sniffed, a few small, pathetic coughs escaping his throat, followed by a wheeze. She nuzzled his cheek, slowly removing his hands from around her neck.

Paxton, too exhausted to fight back, merely whimpered, making grabby hands for her as he laid back. Ara stared at him, scanning his face and running a hand through his hair. She gave a small smile, sitting on the edge of the bed. Paxton glanced at her, eyes drooping. He coughed and then sniffled, wiping his nose.

“I’ll sit here with you…until you fall asleep, alright?”

Paxton didn’t answer, but took Ara’s hand in his, yawning. He rolled over a bit, sniffling again, a few tears leaving his eyes. She leaned down, laying beside him, running her hand through his hair.

“Shh…it’s going to be alright. You’re going to be alright.”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

BTW!! There will be a continuation to this one and some stuff will come out as to why Paxton didn’t want Ara to leave SOB!!!

(Besides the obvious he’s sick and a bit loopy)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Zemira
                @zemira
                  • Total Posts: 67

Hey everyone; sorry I kind of just disappeared. Things lately haven’t been easy, to be honest and I just haven’t found the courage to write, so…yeah. I’ve caught up with y’all’s writings; they are all FANTASTIC!! I love them all!

hurt people, hurt others
                  healed people, heal others
                  get saved, save someone else...you never know

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 2616

@godlyfantasy12

Oh my goodness, I’ve had that happen before!! It’s hilariously cute when you’re trying to put your baby sibling in bed, but they’re practically glued to your neck or torso, and you get boogers and drool all over you by the time you’ve finally pried their hands apart. 😂😍

@zemira

Hey girl!! ❤ I’m sorry you’ve been going through some difficulties – do you want to talk about it? (Or not, since I don’t like talking while in a rut myself…) I hope you get back into the writing rhythm soon!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3213

@smiley

Awww! It actually sounds similar to one of my charries. Poor Alex! 😢

@lightoverdarkness6

Girl…girl…oh my goodness girl…I don’t know how I missed your last one…but GIRL THAT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOD AND HEARTBREAKING AND PRECIOUS AHHHHHH 💖💖💖😭😭😭🥹🥹🥹

Aww, thank you so much!!! 😆🥰

You just made me fall in love with Adrien  (even though I haven’t heard a whole lot about him) AND now I really really really needddddd Derek and Adrien to be redeemed because OH MY GOODNESS…*gestures frantically* I JUST NEED ITTTT!!! They’ve gone through so much tragedy 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Yesss, I love Adrian so much!!! He shows up for the first time in book two and by that time he’s 17/18. He plays a pretty important role in the story… 😬

Ikr?!?! 😭❤️

I’M SO GLAD THEY’RE GOING TO BE REDEEMED!!! SCREEEEEE 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 *Happiness*

YES ME TOOOO!!! 🥰

I LOVE IT SO MUCH GIRLLLL 💖💖💖😭😭😭 GREAT JOB!!! 😍😍😍😍

Thanks so much again!!! ❤️❤️

@freedomwriter76

I love it!! Having a balance of redeemed and unredeemed villains is always good, because it reflects reality, even though it’s heartbreaking. 😢

@godlyfantasy12

I love it!!! Poor November! 🥺

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                      @esther-c

@freedomwriter76

Poor Andrew!!! Is he from your WIP that happens during the Revolutionary War?

@godlyfantasy12

Paxton!!! 😭

@zemira

I totally understand, girl. I’ll be praying for you tho! ❤️

Zemira
                        @zemira

@whalekeeper I don’t even know how to talk about it; I guess I’ve just hit a hard spot in my life. Let’s just say, people weren’t the nicest growing up…so, I can honestly really relate to some of the stuff y’all write. I know God holds me, it just hurts that’s all. I know He’s holding my hand though.

@esther-c
                          Thankyou for the prayers!

hurt people, hurt others

Esther
                          @esther-c

@zemira

Of course! ❤️

Anonymous

@zemira I’ll be praying for you girl 💗💗💗

@esther-c
                              Yes, very (sadly) realistic 😭

And yes, Andrew is!!! Except this is from his prequel type book, when he’s in his 20s, but he’s in his early 40s in the book with Nathan, Dawson, etc, my American Revolution book.

The scene I shared is from the book where he gets saved and redeemed 💖

Zemira
                              @zemira

@freedomwriter76 Thanks!

hurt people, hurt others

Esther
                                @esther-c

@freedomwriter76

Oh awesome!!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 461 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >