Monthly Prompts!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Monthly Prompts!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

@zemira

OH MY GOSH THAT IS SOOOO SWEET UGH ❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭 I love it so much girl!! ❤️❤️

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12

UGHHH Both of y’all’s have been SOOOO GOOD!!!! 😍😍❤️😭❤️😭

@smiley

Oh 😭😭😭😭 *Totally not tearing up* I love it SOO MUCH girl!! Anakin and Alex…😍❤️😭

#HugRikerSquad

Smiley
      @smiley
        • Total Posts: 2179

@lightoverdarkness6

Awwww thanks girl

I’m so glad you like it!!!!!!

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3213

@smiley

Aww 😢❤️

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@euodia-vision

Thanks!!! I do too!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Zemira
            @zemira
              • Total Posts: 67

@godlyfantasy12 @smiley @acancello @sarafini @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @freedomwriter76

Day 7: I love you and all but…

This happens in the hospital, where Nev is recovering. Continuing the story:

“Seren…I can’t…” Neviam closed her eyes tightly, the dark swirling in her mind. Beckoning to her. You are nothing. You are worthless. Neviam felt her throat closing. No. That can’t be true…
              “Neviam.”
              Seren’s gentle voice awakened her from the void. His eyes piercing hers with…concern? Why was it she could always discern others feelings but never her best friends?
              Neviam sighed, “I’m sorry I let you down, Seren. I’m so, so, sorry.”
              Seren shook his head, eyes widening, “No, don’t say that, Nev. You never let me down! Ever. Nev, I should have had your back. But I left you. I should be the one who is sorry.”
              You don’t deserve this. You should have died. 

Neviam’s chest tightened, heart pinching. Images of the beach and her mother mingled with her vision of Seren.
              “You are nothing. I left you to die! And what did I find out! Years later my daughter is alive and breathing and I need to pay child-endangerment bills?! No! You are a nobody. A stupid, worthless, disgusting, nobody!”
              “Mom, please…I didn’t want to file the claim…please…I don’t have the money to pay you back!”
              “Well, I guess you should have thought of that before suing me!”
              Neviam’s eyes shot open when something brushed her fingers. She jerked. No. Don’t touch me. Please, don’t hurt me.
              “Nev, it’s me. Seren. I need you to breathe. Your monitors are going haywire. You need to breathe!”
              “It hurts, Seren. It hurts so-” Neviam’s voice cracked. “It hurts so much.”
              Seren’s fingers intertwined with hers, warmth seeping up from his skin to hers. “Tell me where it hurts. I’ll heal it.”
              “You can’t…”
              “Try me.”
              Neviam smiled sadly, “Even if you could, Seren, it’s…complicated.”
              Seren reached up and brushed a small piece of hair from Neviam’s face, “Just talk to me, okay? What are you feeling?”
              Neviam took a deep breath, “I’m broken; tell you I’m fine. But you wouldn’t believe me if you knew the things that passed my mind. I’m hurting, but I show no sign. I’m afraid to break down and waste your time.” Seren’s breath was hot, exhaling fast and rapid. Neviam’s heart ached…why had she said that? She expelled a breath, her tight muscles loosening. “So now you know.” She said. For so long, she had kept her deepest fear a secret. She was a girl you’d want to avoid, a threat, an enemy…just because that is how her mother envisioned her. She had a heart that had been broken.

“Neviam…I can’t afford you to think like that,” Seren’s fingers tightened on hers, “I’m not letting you go, ever. You are never a bother to me. In fact, you…you helped me realize something.”
              “What’s that?” Neviam asked, brows furrowed.
              Seren leaned closer.
              “Seren, will you please say something? You’re scaring me.”
              He was being quiet, too quiet. Just staring at her; focused below my nose. On my lips?  She had just revealed her deepest, darkest secret to him. The very last thing he should be thinking is kissing.
              But he leaned in until their noses brushed, until the air she breathed in was the same he breathed out.

“Seren, I love you and all but…”

His mouth cut my words off. Tilting her head back, his fingers in her hair. Parted her lips. The thrum of her pulse beat heavy. Neviam’s heart tightened with the pain of a long-ignored hunger. Her back arching under his weight. All resistance previously had fled, succumbing to the love his touch induced.
              And then…Neviam knew. She couldn’t have read Seren because of her own feelings for him blocking her discernment. But now, her need and constant thirst for love was being met. And it was all because of the man who leaned over her now, kissing her deep. Blurring pain behind. She needed him, and he needed her.
              Loved.
              Finally…I’m loved.

hurt people, hurt others
              healed people, heal others
              get saved, save someone else...you never know

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

AHHH DAY 6 AND I AM SO EXCITED!!!

@freedomwriter76 @whalekeeper @lightoverdarkness6 @euodia-vision @esther-c @smiley

Day 6: First Sight

Ship: RavenHeart (YAY!!)

MCs: Arthur and Corvina

“Love at First Sight” (In which  a person feels an immediate, intimate connection to another.) 

“Stop! Get back here, thief!”

“Hm, how about, ah…no?”

Arthur rolled off the shopkeeper’s roof, landing crouched in an assembly of carts. A few horses whinnied, agitated at the sudden arrival of the young blonde. He quickly shushed them, slipping his newly acquired prize into one of the pockets of his jacket.

“It’s that lad again, don’t let him get away this time!”

“Stupid boy, the judge will hear of this!”

“Wouldn’t be the first time!” The blonde held out his hands, shrugging as he slipped past the still whinnying horses. The furious shopkeepers flew at him, but we’re swiftly caught up in the mess that was their frightened animals.

“The horses men! Get the horses!” A voice cried as a few of the larger animals began to raise on their hind legs, letting out a war cry that rivaled any Arthur had heard before.

Amidst the chaos, Arthur scrambled out of the district of shopkeepers, rushing down the street and into the crowds.

“Ah, watch where you’re going!”

“Oye lad, patience is a virtue ye know!”

“Really!”

These and other indignant cries continued as Arthur pushed and ducked through the crowd, offering nothing but his dazzling smile and a few “Sorry folks,” here and there, as apologies.

A loud voice rang out, making Arthur groan. He cast a look backwards, spotting one of the shopkeepers from before; a particularly burly one that the blonde knew well.

Alis

“Stop’em! That boy’s a thief!” The man growled, pushing whoever got in his way forcefully to the ground. “Don’t just stand there! Catch’em, you fools!”

Man, and people thought he was uncouth.

Arthur scanned the crowded marketplace before taking a sharp turn to the right. He leapt onto a passing cart, making the driver cry out in surprise.

“What are you-?!”

“Excuse me sir, just need a quick-ride-!” He grunted, jumping again and catching onto a pole hanging out from a nearby store.

“There he is! Get him!” Alis cried, pointing.

Arthur rolled his eyes, climbing along the pole until he reached the building. Did this guy ever give up?

Clawing himself up the side, he reached the roof, and continued his run across the tops, jumping from building to building, which wasn’t all that difficult, considering A’Grendians built relatively small.

But, this also meant cover was limited, which meant more running, essentially.

Arthur huffed, reaching a slanted roof. He squinted, looking around, before grinning.

Perfect.

He glanced over his shoulder, spotting Alis and a few others down below, still maneuvering through the crowd to reach him. He waved exaggeratedly, smiling wide.

“Well, it’s been fun men, but I really must be going now! See you next week?”

And with that, he jumped off the building.

Now, it probably looked much cooler then it actually was, but that was all Arthur was going for. Wasn’t like anyone saw the after sight after all.

Like him accidentally tripping on an old scrap of fabric and falling on his rear in the alleyway he was trying to land safely in.

Psh…no one would ever know!

It was fine

“Ow…” he rubbed his backside, frowning. Okay…mostly fine. “Gotta work on my landings.” He stood, dusting himself off. His eyes scoured the dark, abandoned alley he found himself in, making sure it was, indeed, empty.

He grinned, “Well, Arthur, You did it again. Not that there was any doubt,” he chuckled, whipping his collar. He slicked back his blonde, tousled hair and then slipped a hand into his pocket.

His eyes sparkled as he pulled out the glittering golden necklace. It wasn’t the biggest thing he’d stolen before, but it had caught his eye, and…well…

The rest was history.

He played with the chain for a moment before a noise made him jump, nerves suddenly on edge. He slipped the necklace back into his pocket, a brow raising in question.

He crouched down, inching towards the exit of the alley, following the sound, fists clenched. He frowned as he looked around, seeing nothing.

“AH!” He cried as an animal leapt from a nearby trash can, making him jump and, embarrassingly, hug the nearby wall.

He blushed, pursing his lips.

Clearing his throat, he adjusted his collar, very thankful no one saw that.

Stupid nerves. 

He shook his head, sighing.

“Well…time to rejoin working society, I suppose.” He peeked out from the alley and, after seeming it safe, quickly and seamlessly wove himself into the passerby’s.

He kept his hands in his pockets, one fingering the necklace he’d just acquired. He smiled, watching the windows of shops as he passed, searching for anything else that might…catch his eye.

To be quite honest…pickings were growing slim…

That or…well…Arthur was just becoming…

Bored…

Ugh…

Light Forbid…

But yes…these petty little crimes just didn’t…fill him with that same energy as they used to. That vigorous feeling as before…

But now? He just…didn’t know how to stop…and even if he did, what would he do instead? Only people who wanted him were those he stole from…and that was to arrest him.

He shook his head, wondering where those thoughts had come from.

Pausing, he leaned against a single shop building, keeping a keen eye out for anyone who might recognize him.

His fingers aimlessly roved from pocket to pocket as people passed by, looking for anything of interest.

He couldn’t help it. It was a habit at this point. Something he’d done since he was a boy.

Wallets. Candy. A few pieces of jewelry. Odd pieces of change. Sometimes there was something interesting.

Or gross.

But mostly it was all…just…boring.

Arthur groaned, until his fingers ran against something altogether…different.

A small burst of cold air flew through him, making him shudder. He blinked, glancing down at his hand only to find it wasn’t in anybody’s pocket, but…in a cape

Huh…that’s a new one…

Sure, everyone had their own fashion choices but…Arthur had to admit…he rarely, if ever, saw anyone wear a cape. At least not outside of the royal family…

Was this one of them?

The cape unraveled as the person passed, not even noticing Arthur’s entangled fingers, which was exactly how he wanted it. Arthur looked up, spotting the hooded person, black as night.

He raised a brow.

Definitely not the royal family…they would not wear those colors.

The figure continued through the crowd and…that was the end of it.

Except…

Arthur couldn’t take his eyes off of the person.

He couldn’t see who it was, as the black hood covered the back of their head, but something about them was…intriguing

Silently, Arthur crept through the crowd, keeping a distance so as not to look too stalker-ish, but with a good enough view of the interesting individual.

Who walks around in the heat of the day with a black hood on?

The figure passed a few stalls before pausing, head turning to the left, gazing at a small florist stand. Arthur tilted his head, confusion evident.

The figure’s fingers lifted to the hood, and Arthur’s eyes widened slightly, able to make out the small fingers and hands of a lady.

The hood stayed on, the lady’s face inches out just enough for Arthur to make out the strands of ebony hair that peeked out, and the full, red lips.

Arthur stared at the young woman’s barely exposed face, feeling as people around him bumped and prodded into him, but no longer caring that he was out in the open.

A small half smile lit his lips.

Huh

The woman’s eyes gazed at a large bunch of ruby red roses in the florist’s possession, before she turned, continuing her walk down the path.

Arthur swallowed. Hard.

He smiled as he watched her walk down the street, and then, quickly, snuck up to the florist stand. Without anyone noticing, he snatched a single rose from the bunch, hiding it behind his back.

Perhaps his search wasn’t entirely unfruitful after all…

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Smiley
                @smiley

@zemira @godlyfantasy12

I loveeeee both of those stories

you guys are great writers

Oxygen shortage

Smiley
                  @smiley

@godlyfantasy12

Also I’m getting major Aladdin Vibes XD

Oxygen shortage

Zemira
                    @zemira
                      • Total Posts: 67

@smiley Aww, thanks…I think I overdid it though.

hurt people, hurt others
                      healed people, heal others
                      get saved, save someone else...you never know

Allison
                      @acancello
                        • Total Posts: 838

@zemira @godlyfantasy12

Your storys are amazing! I havent had much time to write lately, but I will soon!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Allison.
                        GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12
                          • Total Posts: 6645

@smiley lol! He’s some of Arthur’s Inspo. His songs anyway

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2801

@godlyfantasy12

That was so good!

@freedomwriter76

Aww my baby! Reuben!!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

@acancello

Thanks!

@whalekeeper

Lol i’m curious… unique in what sense? XD

@esther-c

YES!! Just the reaction I was going for…

…My goal with this relationship is for readers to be so into it that when it ends they full force feel exactly what Layson is feeling.

Nope! They broke up for good. That was Layson’s first time actually dating somebody and he wanted it to work out so badly, he wasn’t thinking about the long term as much, they want different lifestyles and pursue different things. Layson actually gets kinda depressed after this, but don’t worry he pulls out of it.

@freedomwriter76

Yeah.. you know it! 🙂 I’m looking forwards to getting to write that, but it still needs a lot of fleshing out.

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
                              @whalekeeper
                                • Total Posts: 2623

@mineralizedwritings

I just thought it could be an interesting couple (but looks like that’s not to be… 🙃)

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings

@whalekeeper

XD yeah… They would be interesting though.

@freedomwriter76

Oh I love the Steve and Natasha one!! They are such a ship!

へびは かっこいい です!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 461 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >