I’m not the only one!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE I’m not the only one!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    TheLoonyOne
    @theloonyone
      • Total Posts: 404

@arien

I wrote a really long answer and posted it. It didn’t work and got deleted. So here’s a much shorter version!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they liked Boromir though. I’m curious, why? 🙂

I had like a two-hundred-word response on why I like Boromir, but uh, yeah. It’s gone now. 🤪 Ahhh…. Anyway, I don’t know if he’s my absolute favorite (I love them all, he’s probably just my favorite right now. Cause I go through phases of who’s my favorite). I also haven’t read the books in a while and I don’t really remember how he was portrayed. The extended edition movies go a lot more into Boromir as a character than the theatrical version and you get more of a connection to him and understand why he is doing things. I also absolutely love his relationship with Merry and Pippin and that after he tried to take the ring from Frodo he repented and sacrificed his life for them. I think a lot of people don’t like him because the ring corrupted him and he tried to take it (which is definitely a valid opinion) but I still love him. 😁 Thanks for coming to my very long speech on why I like Boromir 🤣

Definitely Eowyn, followed closely by Faramir, Gandalf, Sam, Gimli, Merry and Pippin . . . oh, they’re all so good! Except for Sauron and Saruman, and maybe the Sackville-Bagginses, LOL.

YES! Yes, absolutely, this. I love them all. Even the bad ones I like in you’re bad but so well written kind of way. They are just all amazing. I love them all! I also kinda go through phases of who my favorite character is, but it is probably usually Sam and then someone else (Boromir, Eowyn, Aragorn, Frodo, Faramir, Merry and Pippin) All of them!

Yes, being a violin/piano player and orchestra member, I love instrumental music!

You play instruments too! Awesome! I play the piano and played the clarinet when I was in band. Then I started homeschooling, though, and I barely ever practice anymore. I plan on getting a LOTR clarinet book to get myself to practice. So yes! LOTR music!

Yay, another Silmarillion fan! ( @madelyn is one too!)

So I’ve only read about a quarter of the book. 😔 But that one quarter was very good! I had to stop reading it for a little bit and when I finally picked it up I had forgotten where I was. I plan on rereading it from the beginning soon, though!

Do you have a favorite character from The Silmarillion? I love the story of Beren and Luthien. And learning about how the world was created, and more about Galadriel, and how everything is so connected–Aragorn and Arwen are actually kind of distantly related!

Ooh, I don’t know. Cause there were a lot of characters in that first quarter of the book. And most of them started with T. 🤣 I love Beren and Luthien, though, and I love seeing characters I know (like Galadriel) and learning more about their history.

The Lantern Bearers takes place when the last Roman legions are leaving Britain. Aquila, a young centurion, has to decide whether he belongs to Rome or Britain. Then a war-band of Saxons destroy everything he’s known, and he sets out to get revenge.

I’ve added it to my list!

Arien
      @arien
        • Total Posts: 193

@theloonyone

I agree, Boromir was originally a good guy, though he did get corrupted by the Ring. But he repents and dies a very noble death, in true tragic hero fashion. I haven’t seen the movies, but from what I understand they did do more on him, which is good, it just seems like they completely change Faramir’s character, and that makes me mad! 😛

I hope you like The Lantern Bearers!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
        -Christopher Blakewell

TheLoonyOne
        @theloonyone
          • Total Posts: 404

@arien

I agree, Boromir was originally a good guy, though he did get corrupted by the Ring. But he repents and dies a very noble death, in true tragic hero fashion.

YES! Yes, this exactly. And I love his relationships with Aragorn, Faramir, and Merry and Pippin

I haven’t seen the movies

They are wonderful!! 😁

it just seems like they completely change Faramir’s character, and that makes me mad! 😛

Oh yeah, they definitely changed Faramir, but I love him in both.

I hope you like The Lantern Bearers!

Yeah! I added your name next to it on the list so I remember to tell you how I like them once I read it.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >