I DARE YOU TO…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Natalie C.
    @nanisnook
      • Total Posts: 154

@kathleenramm

I’ll give it a go I suppose. I actually haven’t written anything for a while because we’re on vacation, but here’s my last sentence from a while ago.

He offered her a smile, not a grin like Connor’s, but something that he hoped would give her the encouragement she was searching for.

(Btw, how on earth do y’all do the green bar next to your quotes? I cannot figure it out)

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Elizabeth
      @lewilliams
        • Total Posts: 252

@kathleenramm Ooooh what a fun dare!!! I love your sentence, btw:D

Here’s mine (I think; my WIP is so out-of-order that it’s difficult to really tell which sentence I wrote last 🙃)

“What? Speak up, honey, I can’t hear a thing you’re saying.”

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Abigail.M.
        @abigail-m
          • Total Posts: 1242

@nanisnook

I know you asked Kathleen, but if you don’t mind, I may be able to be of assistance:) I used to have that trouble all the time with the green bars.
          In the bar above the text board when you write replies, there’s a quotation mark. Press that and it will move your selected text over and when you post it, that bar shows up:)

Natalie C.
          @nanisnook
            • Total Posts: 154

@abigail-m
            Okay, thank you so much! I’ll try that next time <333

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

R.M. Archer
            @r-m-archer
              • Total Posts: 243

From a project I work on sometimes when I’m bored but have no intention of ever doing anything with:

River stepped into her room and hastily drew the locks, only releasing a sigh of relief after she’d done so.

@elfwing
              Seeing them combined was super fun!

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Evelyn
              @iluvhim18
                • Total Posts: 95

@elfwing

Oh, goodness, that’s hilarious. We need to do it at the very end when everyone has included their sentences. xD

Here’s an updated version with all the new lines in it;

I was relieved that it was a mime instead of a traditional clown, then I wouldn’t have to be caught up in some unfunny joke that he wanted to play on me. She would show everyone that she was more then just a puppet. “Easy for you to say! You’re not the one he’s chasing after.”

“Well… I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in Nightblaze.”

“I won’t raise an alarm. I’ll do anything you ask. Just please give me this one final meeting. Please.”

“Oh? Then who will?”

“I was saving lives, Mythia, and I smacked her lightly with my reins, which I regretted, because she was jumpy for the entire next day!” I abruptly turned away so he wouldn’t see the tears stream down, and then I ran back to the castle.

I needed to find a way to get my revenge.

“Was there anything on him?”

He offered her a smile, not a grin like Connor’s, but something that he hoped would give her the encouragement she was searching for. He was a drunkard, unable to cease consuming the wine produced in his presses, and given to murderous tempers. (I thought doing these in reverse order would make more sense)

“What? Speak up, honey, I can’t hear a thing you’re saying.” River stepped into her room and hastily drew the locks, only releasing a sigh of relief after she’d done so.

Edit: I didn’t see the 2nd page of this so I had to redo this to include all of the new lines.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Evelyn. Reason: I'm blind
                • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Evelyn. Reason: Fixed it!

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Elfwing
                @elfwing
                  • Total Posts: 486

@iluvhim18

hahaha! That’s funny! We’ll have to do it again after everyone else is done, yes.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Elfwing
                  @elfwing
                    • Total Posts: 486

@r-m-archer

Thanks, it was cool!

that was fun to see people’s writing styles, I mean, it’s not so evident since it’s one sentence and mostly dialogue, but still, it was fun!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Sara Ann {Spark}
                    @sparksaraabbott11
                      • Total Posts: 66

@kathleenramm

“Oh, yes!” she exclaimed, bouncing up and down in the corner where she was sitting on a green bean bag. “Come see! You haven’t gotten to that level yet, have you?” she didn’t wait for an answer but continued to gush about….

haha, sorry for the awful grammar.

music is the strongest form of magic.
                      -Marilyn Manson

Elanor
                      @elanor
                        • Total Posts: 184

Okay so I haven’t written in a while but *goes and finds and copies it* here you go. *Pastes it*

“There is only one thing that we have not done.” said another hesitantly as if what they were about to say would not be received very well, especially not by Rondor, “But I do not think that it will bode well with most of you.”

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Elanor
                        @elanor

That actually sounds more interesting than what I thought my last sentence was.

Ooh love the combined writings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Katherine
                          @mkfairygirl
                            • Total Posts: 549

@iluvhim18 Haha, who knew that all of our lines put together would create a mini story?!?!🤣🤣

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                            Fall in love with Jesus

Kads
                            @scripter-of-kingdoms
                              • Total Posts: 765

@kathleenramm Haha, mine was a GOOD sentence so I get extra credit. >:3

… I was her Judas-oniisan… her angel in disguise… of the one whose name means love.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
                              if nothing's really real
                              i'll make the winter now my home

Abigail.M.
                              @abigail-m
                                • Total Posts: 1242

@nanisnook

No problem:)

Elanor
                                @elanor

@scripter-of-kingdoms

I love your nickname Kadotake!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >