Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Bella B.
    @ashlyvye
      • Total Posts: 96

@daeus    Hi, Daeus!  Ok, so, two questions:

1.  Which Brandon Sanderson book (or series) is your favorite?

2.  How have you made over four-thousand posts/comments?!?

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Bella B.
      @ashlyvye

@daeus   Just realized that posted before I meant for it too.  Opps.

Anyway, I was 9 or 10 (I think) when I first watched Lord of the Rings and was in Hong Kong without a library card, so it would have been really hard for me to read them first.  I wish I did though because books are always better than the movies.  Movies are the toast, books are the butter.  One without the other isn’t great, but together they taste amazing with orange juice!

*hem* Anyway, what do you like to write?

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus I’d really like to hear you answer her second question. Share your chosen one status with me?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@ashlyvye Haha! Well, I’ve been on the forum since the day it started so they just slowly accumulated over time. Plus, I used to be super active on here. (@that_writer_girl_99)

I’ve read the Mistborn trilogy and The Way of Kings. I’m not really sure which one I like better.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99

*sighs* I’ve only been on for a year, so I guess I can’t expect too much. @daeus

Bella B.
              @ashlyvye

@that_writer_girl_99     Everyone keeps saying how horrible Twilight is and I’m wanting to read it because of that now.  Have you read it?

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Yep. All four books. I’d say it’s a waste of time, but if you want to read them just to say how bad they are…go for it? Totally up to you haha. @ashlyvye

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye Wow that’s a really pretty name! 😀 Never read the Twilight books and I hope I never do haha. No offence if your a fan.

and I was so confused

Joy
                    @dekreel
                      • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  Favorite authors… Let’s see… Maybe Andrew Peterson, ’cause he wrote the Wingfeather Saga XD

I also like C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien, although I haven’t read them in a LONG time.

Oh, and D.G. Snapper X)

@dragon-snapper

You can pronounce it however you want.

Bella B.
                      @ashlyvye

@daeus   I’m listening to The Way of Kings right now, I’m on chapter 19.  The Way of Kings, in my opinion, doesn’t make as much sense as Mistborn.  I think I just like Elend and Vin’s (and Kelsier): characters more over Kaladin and Shallan, though. *trying desperately not to add four paragraphs about Mistborn and The Stormlight Archive*    Anyway *hem* yeah.

You’ve been on here since the day it started?!  Wouldn’t that be kinda lonely since no one else was?  (just askin’)

Joy
                        @dekreel
                          • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  I think Daeus was one of the people who started Kingdom Pen, so naturally he’s been here for a long time 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye

@notawriter   Nope, I haven’t read Twilight, but, as I was telling Elizabeth, I sorta want to skim them just to see why everyone else likes them so much.

Skredder
                            @skredder
                              • Total Posts: 527

@ashlyvye I don’t really get why everyone likes the Twilight series so much, and that’s after having read all of them (maybe being about vampires during the vampire craze helped). I guess if you strip the plot to its skeleton then it’s got an okay premise. Other than that everything doesn’t really make any sense. I didn’t like the main character or any, and I mean any, of her choices. They were stupid and didn’t make sense. The best characters in my opinion were the underdeveloped ones. I really, really, really wanted their backstory, but we got none. It took me more than one try just to get through the first book, which I felt was too slow in the beginning. The only reason I read them was because a friend told me I really should.

So, in summary, I don’t recommend anyone read that series. Just my humble opinion. 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Bella B.
                              @ashlyvye

@dekreel  Unfortunately I haven’t heard of the first and last ones you said, but I do really like Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.  I’m going to re-read the Chronicles of Narnia soon because the first time I read them I was, uh, seven, so I don’t remember much of what happened.

Oh!  It all makes sense now  😉

The fledgling Artist
                                @notawriter
                                  • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye There is actually an article here on KP about that! I don’t know how to do links but if you look through the last 5 or so articles you will probably see it! 🙂

and I was so confused

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >