Hi, I’m new :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, I’m new :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Jean Coul
    @hallie-jean
      • Total Posts: 167

@devastate-lasting Wow! Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I’m 14 but will be 15 in April so most of the manga you suggested I’ll probably wait to read until I’m older, but thank you non-the-less!

I have written several things but never finished them because I either get bored or side-tracked and forget or I’ll get another story idea and rush to start it instead. One story I had going for a while though was one about a guy who dies and goes to the underworld and meets three strange cloaked figures who each are in charge of the dead. He ends up meeting this one mysterious girl and learning there’s more to her than meets the eye.

Another was a story about a girl who gets a journal for her birthday, and she decides to write in it, not knowing it’s magical and whatever she writes will come to life/will come true. So she soon finds herself lost in her own story, and she meets the very full-of-himself, Prince Fredrick and his trusty horse Guillotine!

I sort of enjoy mixing a little romance in my fantasy! What about you? What are some of your favorite stories you’ve written??

Proverbs 16:2

Katherine
      @mkfairygirl
        • Total Posts: 549

@hallie-jean Hello, Hallie!!!!! 🙂 Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!!!!!! I’m pretty new here too. I love writing fantasy too!!! I’ve never finished a novel either, but I hope to complete the one I’m working on. One thing I’ve learned this past month is that I am more motivated to write when I am writing with someone else. If you’d like we can write together sometime! 🙂

What is the last book you’ve read?

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
        Fall in love with Jesus

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@hallie-jean Ah, I see! That’s perfectly fine!

Oo, those stories all sound rlly interesting! Yeah, I get what you mean about motivation. It’s hard. You just gotta keep at it and take breaks.

Ah, I’m currently juggling several stories right now! Some of my favorite past stories include one about a boy who has to make a choice at the end of summer to save his friends…and another about a time travel that goes downhill as it rains…

As for what I’m currently working on, there’s one about sinners who have eaten from the Tree of Life, another about nine people trapped in a time loop, another about a cop who’s trying to find a criminal who his dad put behind bars years ago and a mob boss who’s trying to start his life over, and finally, in the plotting stages, a story about several gangs and a dying experiment who is out for revenge.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Jean Coul
          @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216 That’s so cool! I’m sure your story will turn out brilliant!

I know I keep going on and on about fantasy but tbh, I’m not exactly sure what the genre is for the story I’m writing right now. I’d say it’s fantasy or historical fiction. Anyway, it’s about a time when pirates were just traders and would travel around on ships selling goods instead of raiding ships. But unfortunately, to keep up their tough reputations, they cast anyone who has a disability away from their pirate crew because they believe having a disability is a sign of weakness. So the story is in a girl’s point of view who was kicked out of her crew due to only having one hand . . . She decides to do something about it, though, and she forms her own crew made up of other kids, like her, who have disabilities. The point they try to make is that their disabilities end up being a sign of bravery or something even better. The whole story is supposed to kind of be an idea of how the pirates we think about today came to be (for example, having an eye patch, raiding ships, their clothes, etc.) The new crew has to end up sailing across a sea full of trouble to prove themselves and become pirates like they’ve dreamed of being.

Hopefully this description isn’t too complicated!

Jean Coul
            @hallie-jean

@mkfairygirl Hello! I totally agree! Writing with someone gets you way more motivated and can be way more fun! I’d love to write together sometime and I love that you love writing fantasy too!!!

I recently just finished a book called 100 Days of Sunlight, a contemporary romance. It was really cute! But I am currently reading The Shadow Crosser which is the last book in The Storm Runner fantasy trilogy, and I’ve been loving it!!!

What is the last book you read??

Jean Coul
              @hallie-jean

@devastate-lasting WOW!!! Those sound incredible! I understand juggling but I’ve never done that many at a time! Good for you!

The last story you talked about reminded me of one I was thinking about writing, which was like a sci-fi-fantasy. It was about a young scientist who figured out how to give powers to humans using energy from stars. He tested it on five orphan babies but on the night of his big presentation . . . he realizes that these kids have lives and shouldn’t just be test subjects. So he takes them and runs away. The five kids end up growing up apart from one another, oblivious to the fact they have powers. And that’s as far as I’ve gotten as far as details. Though two of the five kids might be twins.

What’s your favorite story you’ve written??

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting

@hallie-jean Oo, I love the sound of that story! I would love reading about it!

I don’t write short stories often, haha, and when I do like to write sad ones.

What are some of your favorite characters that you’ve created?

Alexa Autorski
                  @writerlexi1216
                    • Total Posts: 1011

@hallie-jean

Awww, thank you! 🙂

Girl, your book sounds AMAZING! That’s totally something I’d want on my bookshelf! And that was a really clear summary, too. What’s your MC’s name? I’m sure your book will turn out brilliant, too! Good luck! Happy writing! 🙂

Jean Coul
                    @hallie-jean

@devastate-lasting Thank you so much! I’ll try to make some more progress on that story!

As harsh as this sounds, I do like writing sad stories XD

I think one of my favorite characters I’ve written was Jayce from a book series I want to write. He’s has a sense of humor, can be sarcastic, and has trust issues when you first meet him. Ocean is another one I really like because I like his backstory. He’s from the same world as Jayce, but Ocean is an adopted orphan who looses his sister, the only person he actually cared about.

I also like this one guy from the pirate story I’m writing. He’s very good at putting clues together and figuring things out by only observing. And he has a lot of knowledge about ships and mechanics. Also has a sense of humor and sarcasm.

I guess I find it fun to create guys more than girls, but I do have quite a few heroines I am fond of like Alexa (one of my MC from Jayce and Ocean’s story) and Daren (my MC for the pirate story).

What are some of your favorite characters you’ve created??

Jean Coul
                      @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216 Thank you! I hope it will live up to my expectations XD

Daren is the main character of my pirate story. She is cunning, brave, and . . . only has one hand!

What’s the MC’s name from your fantastic story??

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms
                          • Total Posts: 765

@hallie-jean Hi! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

You say you write fantasy? I do, too! Are you planning to write one book, or a series? 🙂

I love the sound of your books. I like to blend genres with my fantasy! Do you?

I really love to write, how long have you been writing for? 😀

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real
                          i'll make the winter now my home

Linyang Zhang
                          @devastate-lasting

@hallie-jean Ahh your characters sound so cool! Yeah, I agree, guys are kinda more fun than girls.

I like Eleven, my central character from a fantasy that I’m writing. Secretly the crown prince but also the main villain…

Also Micah/Shade/Ethan from one of my mafia/gangster books! I really like how well-developed they came out.

And probably Ling Nai, one of the main characters from a crime/slice of life.

What’s some of your favorite parts of writing?

Jean Coul
                            @hallie-jean

@scripter-of-kingdoms Hi! It’s wonderful to meet you!

Yes! I love fantasy! I plan on writing a series in the future, but as of now, I’m writing a short story about pirates. However, it seems to be getting longer than I anticipated so it could potential become a book 🙂

I guess that series is a bit of a blend between fantasy and historical fiction. I don’t usually blend genres but I suppose it happened unintentionally!

I believe I’ve been writing for five or six years now! How long have you been writing for?? And what is something you’ve learned since you first started???

@devastate-lasting
                              Oh! Your characters sound amazing! I hope to read about them and their adventures someday!

I really enjoy characters and dialogue! There are so many unique gifts and personalities you can give characters! And dialogue is another great way to show who you characters are without actually saying it, you know?? XD

What’s your favorite part about writing?

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1379

@hallie-jean

Hi! You’ve definitely come to the right place. This community has helped me stay sooo motivated as I work on my WIPs! They’re Biblical fiction novels about St. Paul. The Apostle’s Sister is from the perspective of Paul’s younger sister. And The Anointed is from the perspective of Paul’s youngest nephew, who is the adopted son of his sister. I’m also planning a one-year devotional for teen girls, on Paul’s 13 letters.

A little more about me: My favorite food is any kind of pasta, as well as anything spicy due to my Mexican half. My all-time favorite book is Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird (which you totally need to read if you haven’t!). My favorite pop artists are Faouzia and Mariah Carey, and I also really enjoy the Hamilton musical. For Christian music, I love The Hoppers, Gaither Vocal Band, Bethel, Elevation, Hillsong, Christian Edition, and The Prince of Egypt musical. What are some of your favorite foods, books, and music?

Welcome! Can’t wait to see ya around the Kingdom!

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216
                                  • Total Posts: 1011

@hallie-jean

Oh, neat!! That’s an amazing name, too! She sounds really interesting! My MC’s name is Caira (pronounced Kai-ruh).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >