Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Trahia the Minstrel
    @trahia-the-minstrel
      • Total Posts: 193

@issawriter7

Cool! I mean, I’m a fast reader, but I have all these other books I’m trying to read at the moment, so I think I’ll wait until your novelette opens up for betas😊.

Have you heard of Enclave? It’s a smaller publishing house that is purely about Christian fantasy and sci-fi. You can submit to them without an agent too, if you want to. (Been thinking this might be a good place for my books, hopefully.😊 Who knows? We’ll see.😊)

Yay! I’d love to have you as a beta! How should we do this? My book’s all in Word, but I’ve been hesitant to share the word.docs with others (that applied to all my betas). If I sent it to you as a pdf, would you be able to write notes about it as you go in a separate document, and then send them to me? Or would we be able to arrange a zoom call or something to kinda chat in person about it once you were done? Or would we just communicate by email?

(Sorry, I’ve never had long-distance betas before, so I don’t know how this works😅😂)

Also, would you be able to finish it by the end of the year? I normally give people a month to read and get back to me, but if you couldn’t, we could work out a different timeframe.

Looking forward to hearing from you!😁

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
      That’s my wish to create.

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7
        • Total Posts: 976

@trahia-the-minstrel
        Ooof, yeah, I feel you. I’ve currently gotten behind on my review books (books authors have sent me to read and write a review for), so I feel you. Awesome!!!!! That totally works for me!!!!

YES!!!! I LOVE ENCLAVE!!!!!! They are AMAZING!!! In fact, the book I’m currently read The Vault Between Spaces by Chawna Schroeder is published by them. Have you heard of it? Oooo girl, that would be SO awesome if Enclave published you!!!! Would you get an agent first or just submit without one?

Well, I’ve done a ton of beta reading and most of the time it’s done in Google Docs where you only have the commenting feature turned on, but I totally understand your hesitancy to share your Word Doc. We could do the PDF option. If I’m just looking at the large area of the plot, I can leave my feedback in a separate document and email it to you when I’m finished. If that’s what you prefer. <3333

(Hahaha, that’s PERFECTLY okay!!!! The first time I did beta reading I was so lost.)

Oh, yes, that’ll definitely work out for me!!! I’ll try my hardest to get it finished before Christmas break, so if you want to spend a lot of time over the holidays editing, you’d be able to. <33333

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
        TeenWritersNook.com

Trahia the Minstrel
        @trahia-the-minstrel

@issawriter7

I just read the Story Peddler by an Enclave author. They let you have it for free if you sign up to their site.😁 I would probably try to get an agent first — and I think I’ve found one that will hopefully work if I can ever get my project up to scratch (and trimmed in word count. The biggest Enclave will take is 140k from a debut)

Cool! What’s your email address? I wish my whole book was in Google docs for you, but unfortunately it isn’t, so I think I’ll have to send it as a pdf via email. Is that cool? And I’m so appreciative of this, btw.😃

Issabelle Perry
          @issawriter7
            • Total Posts: 976

@trahia-the-minstrel

Ooooo I’ve been REALLY wanting to read The Story Peddler!!! It sounds like it’d be SO awesome!!! That’s a great idea!!! ooo I sooo hope it all works out for you. <3333 YES YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! I’ll keep an eye out for anything that might could be trimmed down if it helps. 🙂

Yes, that’ll definitely work out for me!!! Awww, I’m SOOO happy to hear that. It always makes me day to know I can help a fellow author out. So I’m not very comfortable putting my email address out there for others to see. I’ve been trying to think of the best way to exchange email addresses privately, hahaha. If you’re comfortable with sharing your email you could do that. Or do you think maybe you could message me through Teen writers’ nook’s contact form? Those go straight to me and then I could reply from there? Or we could try something else out? sorry for this inconvenience I CAN’T WAIT TO READ IT!!!!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
            TeenWritersNook.com

Trahia the Minstrel
            @trahia-the-minstrel

@issawriter7

Okay, I’m gonna use the contact form. And I will identify myself as Tráhia the Minstrel in it, so you know who I am😉

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >