Hi guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Kina Lamb
    @kina-lamb
      • Total Posts: 162

@dragon-snapper really? I didn’t know that about the word, ‘nice!’ That’s really interesting! I meant it as ‘neat’ or some positive word like that. : ) Oh, wow, I’d love to hear you fiddle that celtic whistle! I’d never heard of such a thing before, amazing! I’ll bet it sounds really (oh!!! I was about to say ‘nice’!!!) neat. @daeus and I really like Irish/Celtic/Music that sounds like it music. Hey, by the way, how do you do those smiley faces? That’d be easier than typing it out. Is ‘Man Of Sorrows’ like the hymn, “Man Of Sorrows What A Name?” I think I’ve heard of Hillsong before…perhaps.
      I’m glad you knew what I was talking about when I said, ‘flobbits.’ All of us siblings really like “The Lord Of The Beans.” It’s our favorite Veggie Tales movie, and we watch it often. It’s so quotable!
      Wow, that’s a pretty special gift you’ve got of melting chairs. How do you use it to your advantage?

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@Kina-Lamb Oh, zikers. I’ve kinda been learning Spanish my whole life. I’ve taken several different types of classes over the years, but it wasn’t until last year that my mom lent me the determination I needed to really learn it. She needed to provide me with a way to earn credits for high school, and I needed the structure and consistency provided by this new curriculum we started.Why do I want to learn Spanish? Hmm. Tough question. I think it started out as me simply wanting a way to talk to my brother without anyone being able to understand us. (He used to study it too.) What little kid doesn’t want that? 😛 From there it was just a class I took at co-op and now it is something I do for fun! And high school credit, I suppose. 😉 I simply love learning it! How do you study Spanish? I mean, what curriculum do use? If you don’t mind me asking that is.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

And I love it that you mentioned flobbits!! 😂

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kina Lamb
          @kina-lamb

@emma-flournoy I forgot to tell you what “The Hidden Hand” is about! It’s really about a lot of things – a couple of stories intertwined together. It’s called “The Hidden Hand” because you can see God’s hand of protection and guidance, working everything out together for good to those that love Him in the story, and giving justice to the wicked throughout it all. The MC… *cough* the MCs are:

1. Old Hurricane (Ira Warfield) who adopts
            2. Capitola,
            3. Clara Day,
            4. Traverse Rocke,
            5. Marah Rocke
            6. Herbert Greyson
            7. Black Donald
            8. Colonel Le Noir
            9. Craven Le Noir

Although… it may be debatable whether Colonel and Craven Le Noir are mcs. I’d recommend this book to anyone that can read. : )

OOHH!! I forgot to tell you my other favorite book(s.) I totally forgot about these! Ishmael and Self-raised, its sequel, are superb as well. They are also Lamplighter books. I would also recommend these to anyone that can read. : )

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

@emma-flournoy Ha ha! Just to clarify, Old Hurricane doesn’t adopt all eight of those characters! : ) Just Capitola. Oh, that’s funny!!!

Kina Lamb
              @kina-lamb

@graciegirl ah, genial! Yeah, what kid doesn’t want to talk to their brothers in a “secret” language? I’m learning Spanish through Duolingo and a Spanish class. How are you learning it? Have you watched “The Lord Of The Beans?” (I’m assuming you have. : ) That is so great, I love the way they twisted The Lord Of The Rings to make it their own story, it’s hilarious!! What’s your favorite part?

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

Hey @Kina-Lamb! I’m a bit late, but welcome to Kingdom Pen! 🙂

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

@winter-rose thank you!

R. J. Wordsmith
                    @r-j-wordsmith
                      • Total Posts: 113

Sorry I’m late @Kina-Lamb, nice to meet you! Hope you have a great time here.

R. J. Wordsmith
                      @r-j-wordsmith
                        • Total Posts: 113

By the way, love the photos on your blog.

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

Thank you so much, @r-j-wordsmith! That’s really kind of you – and encouraging. : )

Kina Lamb
                          @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper how do you do those smiley faces?

Kina Lamb
                            @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper btw, I am having so much fun writing about the rock guitar. Thanks!

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@Kina-Lamb Smiley faces are done by putting a colon and a parenthesis together. When you hit submit, they automatically turn into the little yellow faces. P makes 😛 and D makes 😀 .

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb
                                Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >