Hi guys!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Kina Lamb
    @kina-lamb
      • Total Posts: 162

I know, @audrey-caylin, itā€™s pretty amazing that Daeus and I both like writing, isnā€™t it? We both have similar interestsā€¦ but he does like gardening. I donā€™t know how. : )

What is the original of that quote? I just saw in my friendā€™s photography studio, and I liked it a lot.

You know, a couple of years ago, I was in a writing class, and I had to write a three-paragraph-long essay. I got on a writing spree and couldnā€™t stop. It turned into a ten-page-long story. It was pretty interesting, and the teacher was pretty surprised. : )

Audrey Caylin
      @audrey-caylin
        • Total Posts: 323

@kina-lamb I just meant how you changed ā€œphotographyā€ and ā€œtaking picturesā€ to ā€œwritingā€ and ā€œwriting storiesā€ šŸ˜›

Thatā€™s awesome xD

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@Kina-Lamb Whoa, plot twist! Daeus has a writing sister! And I know a lot of people have already mentioned this, but Iā€™m going to also anyway. (please ignore my grammar šŸ˜‰ ) Your photography is SO pretty! I donā€™t know how some people do it. I took a photography class this year, and totally flopped. šŸ˜› Anyway, so glad you joined!

INTJ āžøYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. āžøhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kina Lamb
          @kina-lamb

Aw, thanks @jess! Thatā€™s really encouraging.

I am writing a (hopefully) short story with one of my pen-pals. I think itā€™s supposed to be a mystery story. I am also writing my own story ā€“ a childrenā€™s story. I think itā€™s important that the books children read are wholesome and productive, and itā€™s hard to find books like that these days. I also think that they should be interesting enough that anyone of any age would enjoy reading it.

And unless you count the time when a couple of days ago, I wrote a story on my brotherā€™s, ā€œplease do not disturbā€ sign, Iā€™m not writing anything else right now. : )

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

thanks @kate-flournoy!

And btw, Iā€™ve been meaning to ask you this ever since I saw your profile picture a couple of years ago: where did you get your profile picture? I love it!

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@Kina-Lamb ha! šŸ˜€ I actually donā€™t remember where I first saw itā€¦ but Iā€™ve always loved the picture, and when I first joined the forum it was just the obvious choice. šŸ˜‰

Kina Lamb
                @kina-lamb

Thanks @arella-noreen!
                  Iā€™m glad you like photography. It seems that I have to take 20 pictures to get one good one sometimes, but Iā€™m learning! Yes, I know that sigh of contentment ā€“ itā€™s my buddy. Thatā€™s why I take 20 pictures to get a good one. : )

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome, @jane-maree!

I shoot with a D3100 Nikon camera.

Actually, I just picked up hand-lettering very recently. I use envelopes as my practice paper, and I write a lot of cards. It wasnā€™t very hard to learn, actually. Just took some enthusiasm. : ) Iā€™m still in the beginning stages, but itā€™s a lot of fun, and Iā€™m hoping to get better at it.

Kina Lamb
                    @kina-lamb

Muchas gracias, @aratrea! I forgot to mention Iā€™m learning Spanish, and it just comes out. Watch out! You might have to use google translate a little more than you used to now, unless you know Spanish. : )

Kina Lamb
                      @kina-lamb

Thanks, @clairec! Daddy was asking me last night if anyone called me, ā€œDaeusā€™s little sister,ā€ and I was able to say ā€œyes.ā€ *Looks around.* I do love it here. : )

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

Hi @graciegirl! Yes, I have heard a lot from Daeusā€¦ no, actually, Iā€™ve observed a lot of Daues. You see, heā€™s always on Kingdom Pen, so I just look over his shoulder see whatā€™s going on around here!

Thank you! I do like taking pictures of nature, but itā€™s weddings and portraits that I like to do best.

Yes, let the observing begin! What is your personality type?

Thatā€™s really funny! I have a tendency to do things like that too. I like the name Emma.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

Oh, and @Kina-Lamb

I am also writing my own story ā€“ a childrenā€™s story. I think itā€™s important that the books children read are wholesome and productive, and itā€™s hard to find books like that these days. I also think that they should be interesting enough that anyone of any age would enjoy reading it.

This. You do this, and you will have my undying gratitude forever. šŸ˜› This is one of my pet peeves and it frustrates me because I canā€™t write childrenā€™s stories to save my life. Iā€™m glad you can and I hope you succeed.

Kina Lamb
                            @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper I thought that would surprise people! : )

Iā€™ve only written fiction stories so far. Iā€™ve written a lot of stories, but Iā€™ve only ever finished twoā€¦ they WERE completely finished, though! My notebooks are full of the starts of my stories, and my journals are filled with story ideas. Itā€™s pretty amusing to look back at stories you wrote five years ago, isnā€™t it? I remember one that was soooo baaaaddd!! Iā€™ll never forget that story. *Hits forhead.* But thankfully we do make progress!

I mainly play hymns. I love hymns. I can play around 150. My favorite five are, ā€œMy shepherd will supply my need,ā€ ā€œNot what my hands have done,ā€ ā€œLift high the cross,ā€ ā€œMy hope is in the Lord,ā€ and ā€œI sing the mighty power of God.ā€ Do you know any of those?

You can ask me as many questions as you like! I like to answer questions. (Figures, Iā€™m a girl.)

Kina Lamb
                              @kina-lamb

Muchas gracias, @adry_grace!

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

Hi @emma-flournoy!

My favorite book is the Bible. Next favorite is, ā€œThe Hidden Hand,ā€ by E.D.E.N. Southworth. I cried when it was over becauseā€¦ it was over! What are your favorite books?

I play piano for our church. I also play the mandolin, but not as well as Iā€™d like to. I have an accordian, and I get it out every once in awhile and fiddle on it, and I think I will be getting a violin soon. Iā€™d love to learn to play the violin, and I donā€™t think it would be too hard because I already play the mandolin, and the fingering is the same. Do you play any instruments?

Muchas gracias por la calurosa bienvenida, Emma!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >