Hi everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3202

I have arrived! *swooshes cape*

Welcome to Kingdom Pen @hybridlore!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!!

(Whew, that was a lot. 😮‍💨😂)

So cool that you play the violin too!! I suppose that brings me to the questions!

1. How long have you played violin?

2. What’s your favorite book/series? (I understand how hard it can be to choose. Idc if you pick more than one. XD)

3. Are you one to quickly try new foods, or do you prefer to stick with what you know tastes good?

4. What is your favorite part about writing?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1354

@freedomwriter76

Vaguely xD The one who rescues him from an almost fight I think?? Awesome! you’ll have to tag me if you post about it

@dekreel

Thanks!! 😄

@esther-c

Nice to meet you Esther!! Thanks 😊

Yess, another violin player ! xD

1. Two years in September! Hbu?

2. Haha, yes I could name thirty😂 the hunger games, lunar chronicles, Brandon Sanderson’s books, nadine brandes’ books — some that I forgot to mention earlier (but are still really good) are the left behind and kotlc

By the way, Ted Dekker is also a really good author! He’s a Christian and he writes pretty clean. If you haven’t already, you should totally look into his stuff!! (I say pretty clean because there is violence and occasionally something suggestive from the villain’s point of view)

3. Depends on the food! xD I’m actually a vegetarian so I probably wouldn’t do meat, but if it was some kind of plant, probably.

4. I love stories!! I’ve always loved reading 😅 and writing is so amazing! You can create worlds out of a blank page xD and the characters become real to you.

Also, I read that amazing article on here about C.S. Lewis, and he talked about how sometimes we need to read something in order to see things in a new light. (It’s called How to Sneak Past Those Watchful Dragons. Here’s what he really said: “But supposing that by casting all these things into an imaginary world, stripping them of their stained-glass and Sunday school associations, one could make them for the first time appear in their true potency? Could one not thus steal past those watchful dragons?” And the author was E. G. Runyan) But I love this because it’s so true! And I hope I’ll be able to do that for other people someday too 😄

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
        @acancello
          • Total Posts: 838

@hybridlore

Its pronounced cello, just normal can and ending, sounding like Sello (if that makes scene 😀 )  No I haven’t published anything yet, haven’t finished anything either but I hope to someday! I feel the exact same way about sports, I am not good at organized sports but when we make them up with our own rules, wellll 😀 😀 😀

hybridlore
          @hybridlore

@acancello

Nice!! 😁 Yep it does

I love making up rules!! 😅

Esther
            @esther-c

@hybridlore

1. Two years in September! Hbu?

Awesome!! I started playing at the beginning of the school year. I learned pretty quickly though, because I’ve played piano for about eight years, so I could already read music. Not to say that violin isn’t easy. It’s difficult, but I like it. 😉

2. Haha, yes I could name thirty😂 the hunger games, lunar chronicles, Brandon Sanderson’s books, nadine brandes’ books — some that I forgot to mention earlier (but are still really good) are the left behind and kotlc

I’ve heard about Brandon Sanderson and Nadine Brande a lot and I’m thinking I need to read some of their books. 😏

*gasps* I’ve never heard of any outside of my immediate and extended family who’s actually read The Left Behind!! Now, I haven’t read the adult ones, only the kid ones. (Which are not really “kids.” It definitely older YA. 😅) I may read the adult ones in the summer. I think when I read the kid ones, I finished it in like three months. (And there were 40 of those books. About 200-300 pages each. 😂)

By the way, Ted Dekker is also a really good author! He’s a Christian and he writes pretty clean. If you haven’t already, you should totally look into his stuff!! (I say pretty clean because there is violence and occasionally something suggestive from the villain’s point of view)

I’ve heard of him before! I think my brother may of some of his books. I’ll have to check them out!

3. Depends on the food! xD I’m actually a vegetarian so I probably wouldn’t do meat, but if it was some kind of plant, probably.

I gotcha. 😉 For me it would depend on the food as well. 😁 (for example, my dad’s eaten cow tongue before. Not sure if I’d try that. XD)

4. I love stories!! I’ve always loved reading 😅 and writing is so amazing! You can create worlds out of a blank page xD and the characters become real to you.

For sure!! I totally agree!!

Also, I read that amazing article on here about C.S. Lewis, and he talked about how sometimes we need to read something in order to see things in a new light. (It’s called How to Sneak Past Those Watchful Dragons. Here’s what he really said: “But supposing that by casting all these things into an imaginary world, stripping them of their stained-glass and Sunday school associations, one could make them for the first time appear in their true potency? Could one not thus steal past those watchful dragons?” And the author was E. G. Runyan) But I love this because it’s so true! And I hope I’ll be able to do that for other people someday too 😄

Yes!! I loved that article!

That’s super awesome! 😊

hybridlore
              @hybridlore

@esther-c

Oh that’s awesome!! I love piano 😄

Ahh you read the kid ones too!! I read those a few years ago and then again recently. They’re so good!! You should totally read the adult ones!!

And yeah!! They’re all amazing authors — if you’re going to read their stuff, start with skyward by Brandon Sanderson and fawkes by nadine brandes. 😉 Ted Dekker’s series The Circle is really good but I also loved his co-written book with his daughter, the girl behind the red rope.

(Idk what your parents let you read or how old you are xD My mom is pretty strict about it. But the circle is kind of violent because it’s written for adults. Just wanted to mention in case you start it 😉)

Esther
                @esther-c

@hybridlore

Oh that’s awesome!! I love piano 😄

Cool!! Right now, I’m slowly learning “Lost in the Woods” from Frozen II on the piano. I think I’ll have it down by the end of the summer. 😀

Ahh you read the kid ones too!! I read those a few years ago and then again recently. They’re so good!! You should totally read the adult ones!!

I’m looking forward to it!! 😄

And yeah!! They’re all amazing authors — if you’re going to read their stuff, start with skyward by Brandon Sanderson and fawkes by nadine brandes. 😉 Ted Dekker’s series The Circle is really good but I also loved his co-written book with his daughter, the girl behind the red rope.

Awesome, thx! 👍

(Idk what your parents let you read or how old you are xD My mom is pretty strict about it. But the circle is kind of violent because it’s written for adults. Just wanted to mention in case you start it 😉)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. (In all honesty, it just depends. Like, I read Left Behind: The Kids when I was like eleven. XD)

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3874

@hybridlore Hi!!! I’m Keilah (although you probably know that from my name). I am also a Christian and homeschooled!

Oh, and yes, I love dragons too….Even my profile pic is a half-dragon, half-man character. Phoenixes are great too!

What’s the meaning behind your username?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

@hybridlore

Vaguely xD The one who rescues him from an almost fight I think?? Awesome! you’ll have to tag me if you post about it

Yep, that’s him! xD Yesss, I’ll totally tag you!!!! 😁

hybridlore
                      @hybridlore

@keilah-h

Hi Keilah!! Nice to meet you 😁

Um, kind of a long story 😅 It’s an old username I use for a lot of stuff. But me and my brothers and sisters were all making accounts for a game, and my dad has always used “Hybrid” for stuff after an autogenerated user. And so, we were like, “Oh, let’s all match!” So yeah xD And Idk where lore came from, I just thought it sounded cool 😂

Edit: I only have one brother and one sister 😂 That was a typo

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by hybridlore.

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3874

@hybridlore It’s cool!

(I’m probably biased, given that I make lots of hybrid creatures……lol)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom
                            • Total Posts: 1250

@hybridlore

Hello! Welcome to KP, sorry for the late welcome, I’ve been gone for a while. I’m the ArcaneAxiom, I love math, searching for fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I also write and read sci-fi/fantasy. I’m currently working on a multiverse project with my sister (@princessachronicles) we’re now calling the Septrum.

Questions!

Do you lean towards Hard or Soft worldbuilding? I read somewhere here you mentioned Sanderson (the GOAT), so I assume you’ve heard the terminology before. (Just in case, hard as in more well defined boundaries to the world for the reader, or soft with more open ended possibility where anything could happen.)

What is your current WIP?

What is your favorite aspect of the worldbuilding, character, or plot in your WIP, or perhaps some other story you’ve heard?

And last but not least:

What would happen if Pinocchio said “my nose will grow now”?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Otherworldly Historian
                            @otherworldlyhistorian
                              • Total Posts: 215

@hybridlore

Hello. This isn’t really the first time we’ve met on KP but when I saw this pop back up I was like I guess I should introduce myself (the last couple of weeks have been AP week so I haven’t been on KP much).

So I see you like fantasy (writing and reading if I am correct). I also love fantasy stuff but I definitely prefer darker fantasy (Blade itself by Joe Abercrombie is probably my favourite). I am actually working on a fantasy series (I call a fantasy anyways. There isn’t really magic just lunar powered tech. It is only like 1850s level so I call it a fantasy.). I would ask you about your WIP but @thearcaneaxiom already did.

Also it is cool that your a vegetarian. I’m not but I know some people who are.

I do have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.

Q1: Are you into tabletop/hobby gaming?

Q2: Do you like history and if so what is your favourite century and why?

Q3: (About your WIP and feel free not to ask if this is irrelevant) What is the political structure of the government/governments in your WIP?

Through darkness,
                              light shines brightest

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore

@thearcaneaxiom

Hi!! Oh no problem, you’re good!! 😁

That’s awesome!! I used to write with my sister, but she’s more into reading these days 😕

Oh definitely soft!! XD I am like the biggest pantser right now, so I barely worldbuild . . . Unfortunately . . . However with how my stuff has been going lately, I need a new method 🤣🤣 So yeah, I hope to become a plantser  xD

Well . . . right now I have a lot of ideas 😂

My latest writing was about some teenage military recruits traveling in a spaceship to a war outpost where the enemy is winning, 🙂

I was trying to practice dialogue and drama, and then also third person writing since I normally use first? So that’s kind of practice, although we’ll see where it goes later.

You might have already seen this, I posted it a couple times, but I’ve had this idea for a while about a girl who has cancer and knows she’s going to die, and then just about her spiritual struggles and stuff after that. She was going to die in the end, but have her be at peace with that, so sorry of like a bittersweet ending.

And then today I want to write about visions and aliens who look like dragons 🤣🤣

So yes, my mind is a very busy place XD

Ughh, this is so hard!!! I’m just going to say I love the plot of Skyward (which is amazing, by the way) about a girl whose father was a traitor, and who wants to become a pilot to protect her planet from aliens, and I also like the first Hunger Games. Yeah, let’s go with that 🤣

And . . . I have no idea 🤣😂 You stumped me😅

@otherworldlyhistorian

Hi again!! 😉

Yep! I love science fiction, and fantasy. Your WIP sounds really cool! I would love to hear more about it if you have time 🙂

Thanks!! 😊

1. Umm, not so much tabletop xD but I do play computer games sometimes!!

2. Yeah I do love history!! I would say probably my favorite time period is 18-19 hundreds ish, because I think all the war stuff is super cool! Like the American revolution, civil wars, WW1 and 2 (I really don’t know about the dates for sure XD And sorry, I know that sounds weird, lol, I just like spies and drama and WW2)

Ooh. . . This is a hard question. Like I already said, um . . . I. . . Don’t really plot 🤣 So most of my writing has, maybe, a very brief summary of government. Mostly it being horrible 🤣😅

I hope to see you both around on KP!!! ♥️

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >