Hi everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@hybridlore

Hey there!

(Fellow dystopian writer here :P)

Nice to meet you, and awesome interests! (I like drawing too!)

A couple ask the newbie questions:

1. What is your favorite theme to put in your writing?

2. Are snakes cool?

3. Favorite music?

4. What part of any world-building you have ever done is your favorite? (A place?A  system of sorts?)

へびは かっこいい です!

Faith
      @awsumfaith
        • Total Posts: 239

@hybridlore

Oh yeahhh, supa fun 😉

My favorites would be the Wingfeather Saga and then Scourge by Jennifer Nielsen. I wanna read some more of Jennifer Nielsen’s fantasy, I just gotta find them at my library lol

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
        "Oh yeah, but none for this"

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1359

@mineralizedwritings

Hi! Nice to meet you!

Thanks! Ooh cool, did you draw your profile pic?

1. Hmm, I struggle with adding themes. I think probably family, doing/figuring out what’s right (I’m not sure if there is a word for that, maybe morality), and trust/faith?

2. I guess! I think they’re cool from a distance lol. Tho one time we saw one eating a mouse at the zoo. Do you like them?

3. Umm, lately I like to listen to Christian music, lindsey stirling (she’s an awesome violinist) and NF (a Christian rapper. His new album is really good!)

4. This one world with different space colonies! There were these aliens who attacked ships in one sector. (I didn’t get very far with that lol, but I still like the idea.)

@AwsumFaith

Oh yeah, those are both really good! The wingfeather saga used to be my favorite 😉.

Oh my goodness. Jennifer Nielsen is the best! You need to read her Ascendance series! (It’s young adult, but clean)

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings

@hybridlore

Yep! Those are my oc’s Kaine and Everly, they are siblings.

1. Hmm, I struggle with adding themes. I think probably family, doing/figuring out what’s right (I’m not sure if there is a word for that, maybe morality), and trust/faith?

Morality is one of the best themes imo! It relates so much to how we actually live, and there’s so many opportunities to make it hard on your characters lol.

2. I guess! I think they’re cool from a distance lol. Tho one time we saw one eating a mouse at the zoo. Do you like them?

yep! I think they’re awesome! However I understand those who do not like them lol.

3. Umm, lately I like to listen to Christian music, lindsey stirling (she’s an awesome violinist) and NF (a Christian rapper. His new album is really good!)

Oh totally! Never heard lindsey, but I love NF! I don’t listen to some of his music because it’s simply to sad, but I love both Running and Happy. I’ve been listening to Running all the time since it came out. I personally think Let You Down is his best sounding song, but I don’t listen to it all the time because it really has a tone of unforgiveness (It’s ok, we’ve all been there). And then I also like Lost in the Moment. What are your favorites?

4. This one world with different space colonies! There were these aliens who attacked ships in one sector. (I didn’t get very far with that lol, but I still like the idea.)

Oh, that is cool! I’m taking astronomy rn, and whoever wrote my textbook keeps inserting nods to their conspiracy theories (About aliens) 😩. Very unprofessional!

へびは かっこいい です!

hybridlore
            @hybridlore

@mineralizedwritings

Wow, they look awesome! Your style is really cool. 😉

Oh totally! Never heard lindsey, but I love NF! I don’t listen to some of his music because it’s simply to sad, but I love both Running and Happy. I’ve been listening to Running all the time since it came out. I personally think Let You Down is his best sounding song, but I don’t listen to it all the time because it really has a tone of unforgiveness (It’s ok, we’ve all been there). And then I also like Lost in the Moment. What are your favorites?

Yeah! Same here, most of it is really sad. Happy is my favorite too!! I also like Careful from his new album ( I think that’s what it’s called). Let you down is really good, lol. But I can’t remember if I’ve heard Lost in the moment.

Oh you should google her! She dances and plays violin at the same time. Its really cool!

What are your favorite books/serieses? (I’m assuming you like to read, since you’re a writer.)

hybridlore
              @hybridlore

@mineralizedwritings

Oh and LOL about the aliens! I want to read that textbook xD

Your username is really cool, by the way. How did you come up with it?

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@hybridlore

Thanks! 🙂 I got a lot of my style from copying from Manga books. (I’m not recommending Manga. There’s some some really bad series and some good ones)

Yep! Happy is great. I’ll have to look into careful!

Wow, dancing and violin?! That’s amazing!

Oh, great question!

I like the wingfeather saga and Haikyuu the most. Haikyuu is the manga I copied from to improve my art.

I could do quite the ramble about why Haikyuu is good, but in short, there are 60+ characters 🤯 (Organized in teams, it’s a sports series) generally two characters from each team have a backstory that is shared (some of them are really good) the Mc  is super immature, but the series (45 books total) follows him from highschool through a timeskip into adulthood, where he learns a whole lot. It’s not what I call clean but the series takes a major turn for the better around book 33 and it’s almost completely clean after that.

What about you?

Thanks about the username! Idk, I used to like collecting rocks, and I had a passing thought of what if there was a world in which writings and ideas could mineralize, idk I might write it one day.

And yeah. The textbook is… interesting. XD It is mostly scientific though.

へびは かっこいい です!

hybridlore
                  @hybridlore

@mineralizedwritings

Oh yeah! Sounds interesting!

Ooh that sounds really cool! You should write it xD.

I have so, so many favorites. Brandon sanderson, Nadine brandes, and Marissa Meyer are some of my favorite authors.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by hybridlore.

Felicity
                    @felicity
                      • Total Posts: 811

@hybridlore

Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Felicity, a homesteader, follower of Jesus and writer. (also a homeschool grad) 🙂 That’s neat that you play the violin! I mostly write Historical and contemporary fiction and non-magical fantasy.

What kind of art do you do? I sometimes try realistic sketching/portraits (which I’m not good at but its fun) and I have done some painting before.

What’s you favorite genre to read?

Glad to meet you! Hope to see you around!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

hybridlore
                      @hybridlore

Hi @felicity! Thank you 😊

I love historical fiction! But I don’t like all the research 😅

I like to draw, mostly hands, eyes, random things. I’m not very good at portraits either xD

My only paintings recently were for an art class but it was fun! I discovered (for some reason) I like painting faces better then drawing them.

I love historical fiction, contemporary, and fantasy novels. (Maybe a good mystery too 😉) But my favorite is science fiction/dystopia. Like The Lunar Chronicles was amazing. (I don’t know if you’ve read them, but they’re fairy tale retellings in a science fiction world)

What about you?

Nice to meet you too! I’ll see you around 😊

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 8156

@hybridlore Hi!!! So glad to have you here on KP!!!

We already have so much in common!!! I am also a Christian Homeschooled teen girl that’s about to be a sophomore, what do you know? 😁 I write HisFic tho 😂

Now, where are my manners? XD

I am FreedomWriter76 (or just called Freedom 😉) a Christian teen girl that is also a homeschooler, music fan, aspiring artist, Southerner, History Buff (especially WWII 😍) and complete and unashamed Marvel nerd that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction, that has too many WIPs and almost as many Marvel fanfictions 😝 (and I have apparently been crowned the Emoji queen of KP 👑😂)

I wish I had questions to ask you but my mind is going blank…it’s been a long day XD

Again, I welcome you to KP, and I can’t WAIT to talk to you some more!!! God Bless!!! 💕💕💕

hybridlore
                          @hybridlore

Hi @freedomwriter76!! Thank you!!

Oh my goodness yeahh!! That’s awesome!

And Marvel is amazing! What are your favorite movies? Mine are every captain america and the first 2 avengers.

Also, can I just say, your bio is amazing. Congrats on your coronation xD.

I think I’ve already answered ALL the questions… So you’re good, lol

Thanks!!! Nice to meet you too, and I hope to see you around 😊.

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore

@freedomwriter76

Like I told solfyre, I kind of stalked you guys before joining, and I think I read one of your wips! (I’m pretty sure it was you. About the Jewish brothers during WW2, right?? Leo, Wolfgang, ummmm…… So sorry can’t remember the others’ names. Please tell me if I’m remembering right!)

LandriC
                              @landric
                                • Total Posts: 105

Greetings, @hybridlore!

My name is Landri, and I’m a (previously) homeschool nursing major in college who uses my writing as my coping mechanism 😉 Just this year, I finished my first complete novel with my cowriter @elizabeth-hearten. It’s a fantasy/medieval fiction about a pair of sisters and it was a blast to worldbuild and write for! Typically, I’m dabbling around in the fantasy genre, but my current WIP is historical fiction. Hope to see you around!

Newbie questions!

What are your favorite series to read?

Favorite book as a kid?

If you could have any power, what would it be?

"To death or to victory"

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@hybridlore You are so welcome!!! ❤️

Ahh, ikr???? SO epic!!!! 😁🎉

Haha, it is!!! I love it so much 😍 My favorite movies have to be all 3 Captain America movies (Winter Soldier is my fav…XD), The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarök, and probably Avengers: Endgame 😉 Who are some of your favorite characters? My absolute fav is Bucky Barnes 😍, quickly followed by Steve Rogers. Anddd….I also love Hawkeye, Natasha, Tony, Loki, and also Sam ❤️

Aww, thank ye!!! I’m glad my BIO is good *bows* XD Ahh, why, thank you. It was a splendid coronation 👑😂

haha…wellll…I normally have a lot of questions but I’ve been working outside almost all day so i’m pretty spent right now 😅😂

You are so welcome!!! Yes, can’t wait to talk to you some more too!!!!

Haha, I think almost all of us did it. I most certainly stalked the forums for a while before joining 😂 (Yessss, you remember perfectly!!! That WIP is indeed mine. XD Yes, Leo, Joshua, Jakob, Reuben, and Wolfgang, the Baumann brothers, AKA The Bois, are indeed my charries 😂 You have remember correctly! 💕😁 Thank you for reading it; I hope you liked it!!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >