Hey y’all, I’m new!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey y’all, I’m new!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Maile
    @jodi-maile
      • Total Posts: 138

@devastate-lasting Thank you so much! 🙂 I’ll go check out the WIP chat, it sounds like fun.

@issawriter7
      My favorite color is pink! But I also love a bunch of other colors: light green, sky blue, etc.

Jodi Maile
      @jodi-maile

@joy-caroline Hello! It’s nice to meet you too! Your stories sound intriguing. I haven’t read To Kill a Mockingbird yet, but I’ll definitely put it on my reading list. 🙂

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@jodi-maile

Thank you! YAY! You’ll love the book!

Also, I saw your favorite color is pink and that is mine too!

Katherine
          @mkfairygirl
            • Total Posts: 549

@jodi-maile I can tell we’re going to be great friends!!!! I love pink!!!!! And Tangled is my favorite Disney movie too!!!!!!!!😃 Awesome!! Instrumental is amazing!!! I really love listening to instrumental Disney songs! Oooh, cool! My favorite type of music to listen to is Christian contemporary.

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
            Fall in love with Jesus

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7
              • Total Posts: 976

@jodi-maile

Sweet!!! Pink is a really cool color. Oooh and light green and sky blue are suuuuper cool ones too!!!!! see why it’s soooo hard to pick just one!! 😜😆

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
              TeenWritersNook.com

Jean Coul
              @hallie-jean
                • Total Posts: 167

@jodi-maile

Boy am I late to the welcome party!!! Anyways! Hi there, Jodi!!!!! It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance!!!!! As you can tell, I like using these “!!!!!!”

This is weird question that I just thought of (but I mean I kinda didn’t have a choice. Everyone else took all the good ones) but what’s your favorite punctuation mark???

Mine’s probably question marks!!! They’re just so mysterious, don’t you think?????????????

XD Ok I’m gonna stop now.

BTW I am also a fantasy/historical fiction writer! My WIP consists of a bit of both worlds!!!

This has probably already been asked, but what’s your current WIP???? And who is your favorite fictional character??? And who is your favorite fictional character you’ve created??????? (You are lucky I limited the question marks) 🙂

Proverbs 16:2

Gracie J.
                @gracie-j
                  • Total Posts: 1789

@jodi-maile That’s fantastic! Just shoot me an email at graceajohnson.author@gmail.com and I’ll send it to you! I greatly appreciate it!!

Cool! I keep hearing a lot about Faouzia lately…I’ll have to check her out!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous

@jodi-maile

Sorry, but I just realized you said you like Faouzia!? I LOVE her! Me and my bff are obsessed.

What’s your fave song of hers? Mine is “You Don’t Even Know Me.” It’s soo true.

Jodi Maile
                    @jodi-maile

@hallie-jean

Hi! A pleasure to make your acquaintance, as well. My favorite punctuation mark would probably be either this , or ?. I like the way commas look but I also enjoy question marks!

My upcoming WIP is about a girl whose homeland gets invaded, so she has to get involved with a long war in order to win it back.

My favorite fictional character is a tough question! but I think I’ll choose Gandalf for now.

My favorite fictional character that I’ve created? A while ago, I was writing a book with my sister, and I was writing from the POV of a princess who came from a kingdom of pirates. I really liked that character!

Jodi Maile
                      @jodi-maile

@joy-caroline Yay, another Faouzia fan! *high fives* My favorite song of Faouzia’s is “Tears of Gold” right now, but I also really love “You Don’t Even Know Me”!

Anonymous

@jodi-maile

Awesome! “Tears of Gold” was one of the first songs I heard from her.

Jean Coul
                          @hallie-jean
                            • Total Posts: 167

@jodi-maile

Oh I agree!!! Commas are cool!!!!

Whoa!!!!! Your WIP sounds awesome!!!!!!

YES!!!!!! Gandalf is a fabulous choice!!!!!!!! I love LotR!!!!!!

WOW!!! That character sounds miraculous!!!! I wish my sister enjoyed writing!!! XD

Proverbs 16:2

Elizabeth
                            @lewilliams
                              • Total Posts: 252

@jodi-maile Hello!! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s so very nice to meet you. 😀

*gasp* Someone else who’s read the Chronicles of Prydain! Have you read any of the rest of Lloyd Alexander’s books?

Also, hi, fellow BA in English in the making here. *waves* That’s so neat that you’re doing it entirely online!! What has that process been like?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Jodi Maile
                              @jodi-maile

@lewilliams Hello! It’s nice to meet you, too! I’m so happy to meet another Prydain reader. 🙂 I’ve only read the Prydain books, but I know he has many other books that I have not read yet. Would you recommend any in particular?

Another English major! Yay! I’ve been doing school online since second grade, so it’s been easy-ish for me to move my online school skills from one school/learning platform to another. It gets a bit difficult when I have to collaborate with other students or reach professors who are fairly unavailable online, but other than that, I really enjoy the freedom that online school affords my schedule.

Elizabeth
                                @lewilliams
                                  • Total Posts: 252

@jodi-maile Hmm, that’s an excellent question…I remember liking The Marvelous Misadventures of Sebastian quite a bit. Also The Gawgon and the Boy (which is more along the lines of realistic fiction than fantasy). Also Time Cat, because, you know, cats. 😀

Wow, that’s so neat!!! And haha, I feel you with the whole getting-in-touch-with-professors thing; it can be difficult. 🙃 Do you have a favorite class you’ve taken or era of literature you’ve studied?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >