Hey y’all, I’m new!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey y’all, I’m new!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    @mkfairygirl
      • Total Posts: 549

@jodi-maile Hi!! Welcome to the Kingdom!!!!😀 That is so cool that you like to hike in the forest!!!!!! I love walking in the woods, but I don’t get to do it very often.🙁 What’s your favorite color? Do you have a favorite Disney movie? What type of music do you like listening to?

It’s nice to meet you!!!!

~Katherine

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
      Fall in love with Jesus

Jodi Maile
      @jodi-maile
        • Total Posts: 138

@gracie-j

Hi Gracie! Thanks for the welcome. I’m excited to finally be able to get involved with the KP forums. If you ever have any fencing-related questions, feel free to ask! I loved that sport, it was so much fun!

Thanks for your comment about my WIPs! I remember you said you’ve self-published several novels. What are their titles? I’d love to read them!

As for your question: instrumental music while writing, yes. Music with lyrics, no (because I get distracted XD).

Jodi Maile
        @jodi-maile

@mkfairygirl

Hi Katherine! It’s so nice to meet you too. My favorite color is hard to pick because I like so many, but I do like pink. My favorite Disney movie would probably be Tangled, but there are so many good ones to choose from! I love to listen to many different kinds of music, especially great instrumental soundtracks for my stories, but folk rock and pop are typically my most listened-to genres, I think. What type of music do you like listening to?

Issabelle Perry
          @issawriter7
            • Total Posts: 976

@jodi-maile

What’s up, Jodi!!! WELCOME to the Kingdom!!!! *cough* It’s AWESOME to have you here!!!!! Oooh, that’s soooo cool you live in Oregon!!! I have a friend who lives up ‘ere. No idea why I just told you all of that YESSSSS I LOOOOOVE LORD OF THE RINGS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo, who’s your favorite character in the series? I write a lot in fantasy, so that’s AWESOME!!! (Also, I saw you said you were writing a Snow Queen retelling! That’s AWESOME!!! I’m sooo obsessed with the retelling genre right now. I just finished writing a contemporary retelling of Aladdin and am working on a Robin Hood reimagining.) Here’s some extra questions:

~What’s the most epic pen name you’ve ever heard?!

~If you could be any Disney Princess, which would you choose?

~What do you think about the color pink?

Again, it was AH-MAY-ZHING to meet you!!! WELCOMEEEEE to the Kingdom!!!!! *throws out party streamers*

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
            TeenWritersNook.com

Wyn Rose
            @wyn-rose
              • Total Posts: 57

@jodi-maile

I’m not sure what my favorite part of living here is, but I definitely appreciate some of the beautiful landscapes. 🙂

I love that part too! There are so many awesome moments to choose from… One of my personal favorite parts is when Sam carries Frodo up Mount Doom.

Those sound interesting! It’s always difficult to decide between two good ideas.

Jodi Maile
              @jodi-maile

@issawriter7

Thanks for the welcome! My favorite character in Lord of the Rings would probably be Gandalf, but I also really like Gimli and the hobbits. Your stories sound so interesting!

The most epic pen name?? That’s a tough question. There’s an author I met on Twitter who goes by Waverly Black, which I thought was cool-sounding.

If I could be any Disney princess, I’d probably be Rapunzel (I want to choose Mulan but technically she’s not a princess XD).

The color pink is beautiful in sunsets and roses and pretty fabrics! What’s your favorite color?

ella
                @nova21
                  • Total Posts: 604

@jodi-maile

(fyi, i don’t know why i tagged myself earlier–i do that when i’m thinking about two things at once, lol)

[quote quote=93787]I’m majoring in English! It’s a lot of essays but I actually think the academic writing has helped my fiction writing to improve, so that’s nice.[/quote]

Nice!!  That’s really cool!

[quote quote=93787]Pantser! I’ve tried to do detailed plots but I just get bored with the story because I feel like I’ve already experienced the story. I use plot points, like what happens at the beginning, middle, and end, but I try to make everything else up along the way.[/quote]

Yep, I get that.  I was like that for A LONG time, but I recently started planning and now it works better for me.  (interestingly, because my life choices are very different LOL)

[quote quote=93787]I used to do fencing![/quote]

FENCING?!?!  That’s SOOO awesome!!!  (pst, guys, don’t make Jodi mad… 😜)  That’s really cool, tho

[quote quote=93787]And definitely coffee, even though it’s practically just cream by the time I’m finished making it[/quote]

Hahaha, SO me!!

Sooo great to meet you!! (your pfp is really pretty btw 😊)

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                  -gladiator, 2000

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j
                    • Total Posts: 1789

@jodi-maile Of course! And I’ll definitely be sure to ask!

You’re so welcome! Yes, the novels are Held Captive and Prisoner at Heart, and the other stories are The RiverA Christmas to RememberHome for Christmas, and The Gift of Her Heart. I’m giving out free copies of my first novel for feedback, since I plan to rewrite it one day, so if you didn’t mind critiquing it (or, I mean, just reading it; I’ll take whatever), I’d gladly give you a copy! (I may just make a topic about that…)

Ah…so, when not writing, have you any favorite singers or bands?

@issawriter7
                    Mind if I butt in? The most epic pen name I’ve ever heard of (granted, I have a time sifting the pseudonyms out from the real names) is Willowy Whisper. I mean, doesn’t that just make you feel all whimsical and inspired? Perfect pen name, if you ask me!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Jodi Maile
                    @jodi-maile

@nova21

I totally get preferring to plan! My sister writes and does more detailed outlines of her stories than I do, and that seems to work well for her.

And thank you so much about my pfp! Yours is pretty, too!

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting
                        • Total Posts: 1700

@jodi-maile Oo, I’ve read a couple of Redwall books before! And I’ve read almost all of the Warrior Cat series.

Whoa, your WIPs sound so cool! I’d love to hear more about them in the WIP chat we have!

Eyy, team pineapple! And thinking about those desserts are making me hungry, haha.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                        Would you mind letting me know
                        If hours don't turn into days

Issabelle Perry
                        @issawriter7

@jodi-maile

OOoh, YEA!!!! Gandalf and Gimli AND the hobbits are some of my FAVORITES too!!!!!!!! Aww, THANK YOU, girl!!!!!! Yours does too!!!

Ooooh, Waverly Black sounds like SUCH a coool name!!!! And Rapunzel is sooo cool too!!!!!! (Haha, well, technically Mulan is still grouped in the Disney Princess category even though she’s not a princess. I say she still counts. 😜)

YEAAA!!!! Good answer!!!! Hmmm….my favorite color is I do not know. *shrugs* I used to like purple and now I really like aqua and gold, but I don’t really think I have a favorite. yes, I’m pretty boring. Do you have a favorite color? Which was what I was gonna do for my final question but it is probably one everyone gets asked a lot which is why I ended up doing something really weird. *shrugs* I never admitted to being normal. XD

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                          @issawriter7

@gracie-j

Nope don’t mind at all. YESSS I LOOOVE THAT PEN NAME TOO!!!!!!!!! Actually, the whole reason I came up with that question is ’cause I was thinking about your post where you said Willowy Whisper  was a super cool pen name and I was like well, why not ask. XD

TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@jodi-maile

Hi, nice to meet you! Sorry it took me so long to get over here, I was on a three-day hiatus. But I’m really glad I’m here now so we can say hi!

I’m Joy Caroline, but you can call me JC or Joy or Caroline if you want. XD

Your genres sound awesome! I myself write in the Biblical fiction novel, and my current WIPs are about St. Paul. One from the perspective of his younger sister and the other from the perspective of his adopted nephew.

My favorite book is definitely To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, as anyone around here could tell you! Have you read it? If not, you def need to!!

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@issawriter7 Well, that makes sense! XD

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Jodi Maile
                                @jodi-maile

@gracie-j Ooh, I’d love to read your first novel! And I would totally do a critique, if you wanted.

My favorite band is Joseph! They’re from Portland, OR, and theirs was the first concert I ever went to and the last one I went to before the lockdowns started last year. As for singers, I’ve been enjoying Faouzia’s music lately!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >