hey, hello, hi

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE hey, hello, hi

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Merie Shen
    @merieshenanigans
      • Total Posts: 38

@michelle I haven’t heard the full soundtrack, but I will listen to those songs now that you mention them! Mine are “Out There” and “Esmeralda,” I think!

That’s so cool! And wow, Angel is pretty old for a cat– that’s impressive. And that’s a neat story! Does it bring a little more meaning to Christmastime?

My sister and I are 3 years apart– I’m 15. We get along, haha. We’re actually really close for sisters, which ofc means we argue every day, but don’t they say that the more siblings argue as kids the better they’ll get along in the future?

P.S. You should try bubble tea sometime! I love it!

~ always be a happy camper ~

Merie Shen
      @merieshenanigans

@devastate-lasting That is a debatable subject xD I tried learning French once. I think I stopped around the time I got to the numbering system.

I don’t really watch like… any TV shows (I’m a super boring person) so I only know of one k-drama by name, and I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re looking for lots of cringe-laughs. So…

I can recognize BTS songs in a convenience store but that’s about the extent of it… I’m super out of touch with Korean pop culture, it seems. Haha

Michelle Black
        @michelle
          • Total Posts: 87

@merieshenanigans I know right!!! Were are supposedly in the Korean wave right now, Korean dramas, Kpop, and Kimchi:) And I too am out of touch with Korean pop culture, at least I am not alone lol. I’m just over where listing to Musicals and watching old fashioned TV shows (like a granny lol)  forgot Out there!! I do like the movie version of the song better:) it is so powerful!! How did you get into writing?

*Holds Merie’s hand in fear* @devastate-lasting Please don’t hurt us XD

Merie Shen
          @merieshenanigans

@michelle Apparently! I like kimchi, though xD I think I’ll always prefer musicals to k-dramas! I’ve never heard the movie version, but now I guess I should go and do that.

I got into writing because of Shannon Hale’s Ever After High trilogy, lol. Yeah, I know it’s a pretty cliché beginning for writers to begin with fanfiction, but… *shrug* What about you?

Grace H.
            @gh24682468999
              • Total Posts: 199

@merieshenanigans My retelling is of Beauty and the Beast! It’s contemporary fantasy, and I am actually handwriting it this time because that helps me get things done instead of stressing about what I’ve already written. So even though I still write slow, what I write stays there instead of getting deleted, lol.

Yes, being a TCK is always complicated, there’s no question about that xD

(If you go back to older posts, there should be a button called “edit” where you can edit that post!)

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
              literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@merieshenanigans Haha, that’s fine. It seems like a lot of commitment to watch a show. There are several great Korean movies I’ve watched before, though.

I wouldn’t exactly call myself a ‘kpop stan’, as I only stan one group right now (it’s really hard for me to focus on more than one group at a time) but I like to listen to a lot of the songs, whatever that comes up on my playlist.

How did you find Kingdom Pen, incidentally?

@michelle
                XD Don’t worry, I’m nothing like my friends.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Merie Shen
                @merieshenanigans

@gh24682468999 That sounds awesome! Now I’m really curious 🙂 And it’s great that you’re handwriting it!

(The edit button only seems to appear a few minutes after posting, so I can’t find it…)

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm
                    • Total Posts: 635

@merieshenanigans

I usually draw new characters, but my goal is to be able to draw characters from my novel. The reason why I haven’t yet is because when I start, they don’t look like what they imagine them in my head, and give up. XD

*grabs a pencil and shakes it with determination*

But one day I’ll draw sketches of the characters in my novels that I’m proud of!

I didn’t know there were so many bubble tea lovers here! Bubble Tea has such a very special place in my heart, but unfortunately, there are no places near where I live that sell it. Probably the worst thing about the place that I live.

I’m learning Korean as well! I love how different it is from English. Learning Korean makes me realize just how complicated and confusing English is! How long did you live in Korea before moving?

@devastate-lasting

Don’t worry! I will be your fellow K-drama and K-Pop friend. I’m not sure why nobody else here watches them. (I guess some people just don’t have taste 😉 😉 )

What are some of your favorite K-Dramas?

Some of mine are W Two Worlds, Bridal Mask, While You Were Sleeping, and My Country.

I mainly listen to Korean R&B, but I also like quite a few K-pop songs as well. What K-pop group do you follow?

Merie Shen
                    @merieshenanigans

@devastate-lasting Yep! The one I watched was for improving my Korean, which did happen, but we never got to finish it. I kind of want to, but at the same time… What’s the point… xD

Which ones do you listen to now?

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting
                        • Total Posts: 1700

@kathleenramm One on my to-watch list would be My Beautiful Bride…the movies I watched I’m not sure of the names because I watched them with Chinese subs haha

I really love Ateez! They have great music and they’re all really sweet guys! Highly recommend.

@merieshenanigans
                        I listen to Ateez, Oneus, A.C.E, WayV, BTS, Noir, Stray Kids, and Monsta X, mainly. They’ve got quite good music.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                        Would you mind letting me know
                        If hours don't turn into days

allisongrace
                        @allisongrace
                          • Total Posts: 17

@merieshenanigans

*gasps* I write novels by hand too! I’m about 7k into a project right now. XD

Michelle Black
                          @michelle

@merieshenanigans My mom just bought some kimchi instead of sauerkraut, it was actually pretty good! So now I can say I have had it:)

No, not cliché at all, Fanfiction is a great way to practice writing because the characters and the land are already there. Some people say it’s not good because you should come up with your own story, not someone else’s story. But I say fanfiction is a wonderful starting point:) *steps down from podium*

Michelle Black
                            @michelle

@devastate-lasting Oh good:) lol. You did hint that your friends are “those people” XD I am very curious:D and wanted to ask you (since you must have some experience) Why are some fans very protective and a bit scary when you say your not a fan of something they like?

Merie Shen
                              @merieshenanigans

@kathleenramm Yeahhh that is also me. Which is why I mostly just play around without knowing what I’m doing these days, in hopes that someday I’ll be able to draw my characters exactly how I picture them.

English is really complicated, haha! That’s cool that you’re learning Korean too! I’ve never lived in Korea long-term but we visit every year.

@allisongrace
                                Wow, that’s great! Do you count your handwritten words?

Merie Shen
                                @merieshenanigans

@michelle YES haha I like sauerkraut too, but in my eyes they’re basically the same thing but… not so I approve of either xD

Yes, I totally agree. The seed of inspiration has to come from somewhere, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >