Hello there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello there!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@maryg3

Yesss!

Tristan S.
      @zatara
        • Total Posts: 15

@Anatra23

Nice to meet you! That’s so funny, I find myself feeling painting is more intimidating than sketching haha. I’ve adopted a more comic book-like style when drawing, I’m still trying to get the fundamentals of the human anatomy down. Heads are a nightmare lol. As for my username, it’s a reference from one of my favorite books/movies of all time, The Count of Monte Cristo. Where the smugglers call Edmond Dantes “zatara”, which sounds fearsome, but means “driftwood”. (In the movie at least haha)

What about you? What kind of style do you like to paint? Any cool WIP?

@joy-caroline

That’s so awesome! I’d read it! The world needs more biblical fiction I think.

@maryg3

That’s awesome! Cool to meet another artist. I love mystery and suspense! I’m a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock and Rod Serling, their stuff got me into the genre. I haven’t read much of it though. Any recommendations?

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@zatara Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I’m Linyang, though most call me Lin, and I enjoy writing fantasy/slice-of-life/crime/time travel stories. We’re so happy to have you here!

Ay, the only superhero movies I’ve able to fully enjoy is The Dark Knight trilogy by Christopher Nolan (probably because I’m a big Nolan fan), but I’d love to see more superhero stories in book format! I do enjoy thrillers and mysteries. And your current WIP sounds very cool. I do enjoy stories with a dark and twisted aspect on them.

Ey, pineapple on pizza! (What is it with people answering this question before I can ask…it’s like they can read my mind…)

Aight, lemme dig up some of my welcome questions.

1. Some of your favorite desserts?

2. Your favorite movies/books/authors?

3. Where’s the most interesting place you’ve been?

Hope to see you around the forum!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Mary G
          @maryg3
            • Total Posts: 90

@zatara

Yeah! I’m a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock! I’ve seen most his movies and episodes! The Twilight Zones are really cool…and creepy at times!

When I said ‘specialize’ I meant in movies! lol!  I actually haven’t read a ton of mystery books,(just Nancy Drew) but it would be fun to write them! Haha! Movies I would recommend if you like mystery/suspense are: Rope (with Jimmy Stewart), The Man who Knew too Much, Shadow of a Doubt, And Then There Were None, and The Mrs. Maple Movies with Margaret Rutherford are AWSOME!!!

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@zatara

Thank you so much! I agree!

Tristan S.
              @zatara

@maryg3

Oh awesome! I definitely got to check these out, I haven’t seen most of them. Thank you so much!!!

@devastate-lasting

Hi nice to meet you!

Christopher Nolan as of right now, is my favorite movie director. His stuff is so good. Cool to see someone with similar taste in stories!

As for the questions,

favorite dessert are homemade brownies,

favorite movie (as of right now) is Tenet by Christopher Nolan,

and the most interesting place I’ve been was the haunted hotel in Yosemite.

What about you? Same questions. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Tristan S..
                Mary G
                @maryg3
                  • Total Posts: 90

@zatara

Your very welcome!!😊 Enjoy!

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@zatara Nice! Yeah, Nolan is definitely my favorite Western movie director right now. What are some of your favorite works of his? I love InceptionThe Prestige, and The Dark Knight especially.

I have a large sweet tooth, so I like almost any kind of dessert, though I’m especially fond of lemon pastries. Lemon pies, then.

Tenet! Yes, watching Tenet was a ride. I enjoyed the soundtrack especially. For me, I love Tron: Legacy, as well as the three I mention above, and Parasite.

Oo, a haunted hotel! I’d like to hear more about that! For me, probably this large mall in China that was being built, but it was also open, and it was huge, and there were just occasional shops but like the rest of it was boarded up… Very interesting experience.

Tristan S.
                    @zatara

@devastate-lasting

My top 3 favorites of Nolan’s works are Tenet, Interstellar, and the Dark Knight Trilogy. Pretty much all of his stuff is phenomenal! I’m beginning to think we have very similar tastes in movies because Tron: Legacy so happens to be one of my favorites also. Parasite was awesome, a modern classic.

You’ve been to China?!! That’s pretty cool!

As for the haunted hotel, not much happened haha. But the atmosphere was great, really reminded me of the Overlook Hotel from the Shining. Old wooden doors, medieval looking keys, and creaky floorboards. The whole deal! haha

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Tristan S..
                      Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@zatara Yooo that’s awesome! I love finding people who like what I do.

Ah yes, several times! I used to go visit a lot.

Oh nice! That sounds like an awesome trip, haha. I love going to new places to base locations off of.

What’s your favorite part of the writing process?

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s
                          • Total Posts: 399

@zatara

Welcome to the forum!

*cheers* Another pineapple pizza person, yay! And I have to agree with your assessment of Narnia vs. LOTR. Tolkien wins, hands down (He is likely the author I admire most), but I also am and forever will be a Narnia nerd. 😛

Now for the customary welcoming questions:

1) What is your favorite mythical animal?

2) What are your top three books?

3) (My favorite question to ask) Who is your all-time favorite book character?

Tristan S.
                          @zatara

@devastate-lasting

My favorite part of the writing process has to be world-building, especially for fantasy settings. I like creating new worlds and tackling the unknown. It’s so much fun!

How about you? What’s your favorite part?

@lydia-s

Very nice to meet you!

My favorite mythical creature has to be a sea serpent (like the leviathan in Job),

My top 3 books/series are Another Kingdom by Andrew Klavan, LOTR by J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. (At least as of right now haha)

Oh gosh, this is a tough one….I think my all-time favorite “book” character has to be… Grand Admiral Thrawn from the Star Wars books by Timothy Zahn. I think he is pretty awesome since he is the most dangerous man in the galaxy simply through his cleverness and problem solving.

What about you? What are your favorites?

imwritehere1920
                            @imwritehere1920
                              • Total Posts: 92

@zatara

*high fives fellow pineapple on pizza lover*

Hi, I’m Lily!  Welcome to the K. P forum!  I hope you enjoy your time here!

Ah, I haven’t done a ton of superhero movies; except Big Hero Six and Unbreakable.

Wait!  There’s a haunted hotel in Yosemite?!  What was it like?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Tristan S.
                              @zatara

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lily! Nice to meet you!

The haunted hotel was cool. Nothing paranormal happened or anything, but it was still a neat experience. Everything was incredibly old and rustic, I loved it!

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s
                                  • Total Posts: 399

@zatara

Oh, sea serpents are very cool! Have you seen the one in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader‘s movie? It’s a serious monster. 🙂 My favorite mythical animal would likely be a dragon, but I love the idea of phoenixes, griffins, and the rest.

Awesome! The only one I’m familiar with from that list is LOTR; the others sound really cool though! Hmmm… My top three books/series? Let’s see here. Fireflies in December + sequels by Jessica Erin Valent, LOTR, and… Hmmm… (I like way too many books…) Perhaps Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott??

He sounds super cool! I have never watched Star Wars, but from what I’ve heard and seen in the videos here, I admire some of their character arcs (i.e. Darth Vader). My all-time favorite character would have to be Danek Crevilon, hands down. He is the only character who has ever nearly given me an emotional breakdown, so he gets some serious awesomeness points. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >