Hello Fellow Writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello Fellow Writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

@lydia-s Ey, I really hope that you go to Sight and Sound one day! The in-person experience is absolutely amazing!

And vanilla ice cream is so good! I agree!

Also, your WIP sounds so interesting! I’d love to hear more about it sometime!

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

ella
      @nova21
        • Total Posts: 604

@lydia-s

Oh, haha, I couldn’t tell you any of those things now… i completely forgot most of it.  Your WIP sounds super interesting!

I know some people don’t like questions, but if you do, here are some:

1)  Do/did you play sports?

2)  Are you a plotter, pantser or plantser in between? (fyi, pantser means you basically wing your plot)

3)  What’s your favorite season?

I play basketball (but I also love running & volleyball), I’m a plotter (most of the time), and my favorite season is summer (until fall comes… I’m a fairweather fan… 😬  Ok, I’m sooo sorry for doing that to you, I just have to share my stupid puns with people even though they probably hate me for it, lol)

Anyways…  I should stop talking, which I have trouble doing.  That’s why most of my posts are short, usually.  I’m fighting a losing battle…

Ok, I’m done, fr this time. 😆  Byee!

-Ella

what we do in life echoes in eternity
        -gladiator, 2000

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@devastate-lasting

I can imagine! One of my probably-not-going-to-come-true dreams is to one day work as a writer for them. I cannot imagine how exhilarating it would be to actually see something you help to write and spent so much time on preformed on that massive stage by those incredible actors! It’s probably not going to happen; I don’t even know if they hire writers. But wouldn’t it be cool if it did? *dreamy sigh* 😉

It really is quite delicious. My favorite type has vanilla beans in it. 🙂

Aww, thanks! I’d love to talk about it; it’s one of those subject I could just go on and on about. 😛

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s

@nova21

Understandable. 😉

Aww, thanks! I love it. 😛

Actually, I love questions! Glad you asked them. 😀

1) Not unless ballet and horses count. 😉 I did ballet for two years, but, due to COVID, stopped. I was already planning on being done, as I started late and was the tallest and oldest in my class. The other girls my age were probably all on pointe, so it was kind of weird being in the younger class. But I loved it! And I do miss it. As for the horses, I also have not gone since COVID hit. Hopefully I’ll be able to go this year. 🙂 Oh that’s cool! I’ve played volleyball for fun a couple times (only once with a net), and I definitely have some improving to do… lol The first time I played I acted like I was scared of the ball. *facepalm*

2) Hmm… I guess I’m a planster (usually). When I start a daydreaming a story, I know how it begins and how it ends. Besides that, it’s a mystery. Scenes from the middle pop into my head (in no particular order :P), and I have to figure out what else happens in between the start of the conflict and the big, dramatic ending. That’s cool how you plot though! I have one story which I’ve plotted. It’s based off of three of Jane Austen’s novels (I’m writing it with one of my friends), and we had to figure out what happens when. It’s nice to have something to look at to give me a basic idea of what to do!

3) Oh boy… I love winter (the entire world is so sparkly and clean, and the cold-when I’m bundled up properly-is invigorating!), fall (the world is beautiful, and it isn’t terribly hot. But school keeps me from fully enjoying it as I’m stuck indoors :P), and spring (Ditto what I said about fall. Though I’ve been able to spend time outside over spring break, which has been lovely.). As for summer, I have mixed feelings. It’s hot, and I don’t like being hot. It does have some serious perks though, so I get why it’s your favorite. (I thoroughly enjoyed your pun, by the way😉)

I actually like long posts, so don’t worry about being brief when your messaging me, unless you want to. 😉

Okay. Wow, that was long. I’d better stop talking. lol See you later!

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7
              • Total Posts: 976

@lydia-s

Hello, Lydia, WELCOME to the Kingdom!!!! *gives you some welcome to the Kingdom cookies* It is SO AWESOME to have you here!!!! YESS I LOOOVE J. R. R. Tolkien, too!!!! I’m currently trying to make my way through, The Fellowship of the Ring, and it has been AH-MAY-ZING!!!!! I used to be in 4H, so that’s REALLY COOL that you’re a part of that!!! Anyway, I know I’m a li’l late, but how ’bout some aweesome questions to get this welcome party going!!!!!

1. Do you have any writing quirks come on, I can’t be the only weird gal ’round here If so what are they?

2. What’s your favorite type of music? (Assuming you listen to music that is.)

3. What’s your favorite color? It’s a question I always have to ask

4. Are you excited that I’m asking you a bunch of random questions?

5. Would you rather make a phone call or send a text?

Well, anyways, it was AWESOME to meet you and I hope you’ll enjoy your time in the mighty Kingdom where writer’s block is slayed and you find the courage to daringly rescue your book from the dragons who reside in the Mountains of Doubt. y’know, that should be KP’s slogan XDDD

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
              TeenWritersNook.com

ella
              @nova21
                • Total Posts: 604

@lydia-s

Actually, I love questions! Glad you asked them.

Awesome!

The first time I played I acted like I was scared of the ball.

LOL!!! XD  I feel that, considering the boys in my grade… 🙄

When I start a daydreaming a story, I know how it begins and how it ends. Besides that, it’s a mystery.

Haha, yep, that’s how it is with my WIP rn… (I actually have four WIPs at the same time!! 😱  is that a bad thing???)

It’s based off of three of Jane Austen’s novels (I’m writing it with one of my friends)

That is like the COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!  I would give anything (well, not my dark chocolate) to do that…  I’m always trying to get my sister and her friend to do it, but ya know, they’re “not writers”… 😕

But school keeps me from fully enjoying it as I’m stuck indoors 😛

Ugh, yes, I feel that!!  I tried to ask my teacher to take our class outside once, and he was like, “sorry, but outside is not a place for learning.”

………………….

………. I mean, what???

Anyways….

I don’t like being hot.

Haha, me neither, girl.  But I have a pool, which is really nice.  And of course, air conditioning.  (why did i say it like no one else has it???)

Also, thank you for appreciating my pun XD

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                -gladiator, 2000

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m
                  • Total Posts: 1242

@lydia-s

Yes! I do have those and have listened to the first three already:) They are 100% fantastic! My favorite would have to be The Magicians Nephew, but I love them all and definitely, Puddleglum is one of my all-time favorites:)
                  Ooh, that sounds so awesome!! Yes, thoroughbreds and Clydesdales are magnificent, that’s so awesome! They sound like awesome horses that you get to visit:)
                  My favorite breeds are Friesians, Arabians, and Akhal-teke’s:) Though I’ve never got to see anything of them up close except at fairs, my grade horse, Dolly, is my favorite:) Oh yes, I love palominos too! I have the hardest time deciding what my favorite coat pattern is but I like appaloosas, bays and albino, (but I love them all:) YES!! I’m a 100% horse fan! 😀

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@lydia-s

Thank you so much! I’m glad you don’t mind the long description. XD

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting
                      • Total Posts: 1700

@lydia-s Awesome! I hope that that dream comes true one day!

And of course! You’re totally welcome to talk about your WIP any time here!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                      Would you mind letting me know
                      If hours don't turn into days

Lydia S.
                      @lydia-s

@issawriter7

Thank you, Issabelle! I’m excited to have joined. 😀

Oh yay!!! They’re so good… Tolkien was a GENIUS. I mean, he invented Legolas and the rest of the elves… 😉

How fun! Did you enjoy it?

1. Oh, do I ever!!! lol There are certain usages of words I absolutely hate (e.g. ‘yell’ is usually a no-no in my book. Though I just used it in one of my novels… Might end up changing that lol); certain styles of writing about make me want to pull out my hair (e.g. books in which it sounds like the characters are reading from s script because of how perfectly they talk), and many more random pet-peeves (e.g. long inspiring speeches by people who are dying, especially in audio dramas. I get what they’re going for.  But still. It drives me crazy. The articles on here actually helped that along. 😛 ). So yeah; there’s a sampling of my quirks. How about you?

2. I listen to Christian artists, but Phil Wickham is my favorite! He’s awesome!!! I also really like Sight and Sound Theatre’s soundtracks. What’s yours?

3. Blue! You?

4. Yes, actually! I enjoy answering questions. 😛

5. Hmm… I don’t know! Maybe call? What’s your vote?

Love the slogan!

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s

@nova21

Oh yes… I can understand that… 😛

Actually, I’m juggling four WIPs right now myself! So, no, I don’t think it’s bad. I think it’s great! Especially because when you get stuck on one, you can take a break and work on another. 😜

That’s too bad.😕 It is a lot of fun. (I approve of your dark chocolate, by the way.)

What?? That’s odd… My family has an outdoor cat, so that complicates working outside. The last time I tried, our dear feline sat on my books for a bit. lol

Oh, that is nice! Swimming (or lounging more often in my case) is great. 😀

Lydia S.
                          @lydia-s

@abigail-m

Awesome! Focus on the Family did a great job with them. 🙂

Those breeds are beautiful! And that’s so cool you have a horse! I wish I could have one, but I suppose the one I really want is the Thoroughbred from the barn I go to. 😉 She’s the best!

Appaloosas are gorgeous! The barn I go to has an appaloosa (though she moved to their other barn across the road). She’s almost pink, which is super fun.

Lydia S.
                            @lydia-s

@devastate-lasting

Thanks 😉

Abigail.M.
                              @abigail-m
                                • Total Posts: 1242

@lydia-s

Oh yes, definitely:) Those were my favorite audiobooks that I ever listened to.
                                And the thoroughbred you mentioned sounds amazing, like something from a storybook:)

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s

@abigail-m

How fun!

Wow, now that you mention it, she does sound like something from a book, especially since she was a rescue horse. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >